Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for licensedsaucer9

Real Name licensedsaucer9   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 21, 2019, 14:29
Total Comments 21 (Suspect)
User ID 58792

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Halo Reach Released

20. Re: PC Halo Reach Released Dec 6, 2019, 04:45 licensedsaucer9

I never played "xbox"-halo and I think a thick nostalgia-filter must be a requirement to enjoy this series on the PC.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Riot Games Launches New Publishing Label

1. Re: Riot Games Launches New Publishing Label Dec 6, 2019, 04:38 licensedsaucer9

I'm actually a little excited about this. It feels like there has been a very negative trend the last decades where success in singleplayer games has led to a push in multiplayer games (negative for me since I prefer SP).

I do play some multiplayer games, and while i do not play league, legends of runeterra blew me away with the incredible quality for an early beta / preview, so I am very interested to see how Riot can contribute in the singleplayer space.

News Comments > Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts Released

5. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts Released Dec 5, 2019, 08:04 licensedsaucer9

Jonjonz wrote on Nov 23, 2019, 06:30:
Anyone played this?

How open world and open ended is it, compared to Sniper Elite 4 or Metal Gear Solid V?

Edit: They fixed the bug.

It's not "open world" at all, rather there are a list of missions that you will progress through. The missions are large and contain multiple objectives and challenges. The game is more like Hitman than for example MGSV in that regard.

As a stealth/sniper-game it is pretty good. There is less wackyness than in Hitman, which may be good or bad depending on your preference. I have not completed the game and there is a superannoying bug (in game mouse cursor) on the GOG-version, which I am unsure whether they have fixed or not yet.

Apart from the bug the game is solid enough. Not a masterpiece, but it feels more focused and refined than previous Ghost Warrior-games.

Sniping is pretty satisfying except you can't turn off (AFAIK) in-scope wind-adjustment even on the hardest difficulty, which is really odd.

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 2019, 04:33.

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx in March

79. Re: Half-Life: Alyx in March Nov 22, 2019, 09:55 licensedsaucer9

Look up "valve time" before you go investing in HW.

Better to wait and see if the game ever releases, and if it is actually good.

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released

33. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 19, 2019, 12:59 licensedsaucer9

Not really my kind of game, but I have watched centerstrain01 on youtube playing the hardest difficulty, and it looks pretty good for what it is.  

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday

41. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday Nov 19, 2019, 12:24 licensedsaucer9

My skepticometer is going nuts. It's not enough for the game to be good, it must be revolutionary. They succeeded once with HL, I don't think they can do it again.  

News Comments > Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store

37. Re: Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store Nov 14, 2019, 10:44 licensedsaucer9

[SC]TherMight wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 20:05:
Never played a single MGS game (and I'm as old as a lot of you so I had the opportunity).

Sounds like you have a pretty big opportunity, then.

News Comments > Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store

34. Re: Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store Nov 12, 2019, 04:22 licensedsaucer9

If one does not love MGS there is probably no reason to be all that interested in DS. I never played MGS on playstation (because I never had playstation) but when I finally came around to playing ground zeroes and later phantom menace I realized how special the games are.

My theory is that one of the reasons so many people love the MGS-games is the unusual attention to detail. So, even if DS surely is a very different game from MGS I hope that the attention to detail will carry it for me.

Absoluely a must buy for me.

News Comments > Google Stadia Launch Lineup

12. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 03:43 licensedsaucer9

I almost went for the founders edition, but I decided to skip it, and I think I made the right decision.

It seems google doesn't understand their own product. They are selling it as some kind of budget xbox when it really is the perfect platform (assuming it works on a tecnical level) for games as a service. Now they are selling inferior HW as a service? That does not work for me.

They need to up the offering. For exeample if they make all games free to play for an hour+ they would have at least one compelling argument. Integration with other platforms and importing licenses people already own should also be considered a minimum in my opinion. I have most of the games on this list that I want.

So, I guess they don't want us as customers, but I don't see how they offer much value to "console kids" either.

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Reviews

71. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 28, 2019, 09:55 licensedsaucer9

Seems well made so far. A lot of cool dialogue. Combat is not fantastic, but not bad either.

For the time being (beta-phase) the xbox game pass for pc is really paying off for me.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Delayed

15. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Delayed Oct 17, 2019, 03:37 licensedsaucer9

I am pumped for the game, but I think a delay makes sense. The gameplay videos they have shown have not been impressive. Hopefully the delay will result in a higher quality product.  

News Comments > John Wick Hex Released

18. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 10, 2019, 04:21 licensedsaucer9

I got it during the "fortnite"-sale some time back and have played a couple of hours.

It's a good enough puzzle-shooter. It's simple in every aspect, but for me everything has worked well and been intuitive.

I'm not a huge fan of the movies, but I liked the style of the game and that's why I got it. It has elements of superhot ape out and my friend pedro, but is definitely not very similar to any of those games.

Most of all it is fairly relaxing step-by-step action (with more focus on step-by-step than action) game in a fairly interesting setting. Art style carries it for me.

My main criticism is that the game (so far a couple of hours in) doesn't do a very good job of making you feel bad ass, which makes it sort of miss the mark a bit.

All in all I am enjoying it.

Disclaimer: I may have had a brewski while playing...

News Comments > Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA

15. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 05:21 licensedsaucer9

Acleacius wrote on Oct 3, 2019, 04:29:
Holy shit? 2FA give's the ability to track 24/7 to ea, ea, ea... Wtf ?

Literally giving your whole life's worth of information and identification, what could possible go wrong.

Not the way 2fa works.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Microtransactions Revealed and Launch Trailer Released

20. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Microtransactions Revealed and Launch Trailer Released Oct 3, 2019, 03:36 licensedsaucer9

Are mtx necessary to enjoy the game? No? Then I am fine with that.

If people want to buy skill points and weapons instead of earning them through game play that is no issue for me. For all I care they could make a mtx that said they completed the game and rolled the credits for them. I'm sure some would buy. Not to mention a mtx that filled all achievements. They could probably charge 1000 bucks for that.

News Comments > Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA

12. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 03:26 licensedsaucer9

Great offer in my opinion.

I have not been very active on Origin these last few years since my kind of games tend to be on other platforms, but there are some I would like to try just to make up my mind about them.

Anthem and they are billions are games I would never buy myself, but if they are free I am happy to give them a chance. Also battlefield V, but I don't have high hopes.

Mirrors Edge Catalyst could be fun.

Which games would you recommend?

News Comments > Billion Dollar Borderlands 3

73. Re: Billion Dollar Borderlands 3 Sep 24, 2019, 05:28 licensedsaucer9

Btw: I'd like to clear up some misconceptions, (including my own).

2k is the label publishing BL, not the company that owns the label. That company is Take Two.

That means when they talk about records and revenue for the label they do not include all games under take two. The best examples are the GTA and RDR franchises which are published under the label Rockstar Games, not 2k.

Which again means that the first franchise to achieve billion-dollar revenues must be another 2k-franchise. I would guess the civ-series, or possibly nba2k.

News Comments > Billion Dollar Borderlands 3

70. Re: Billion Dollar Borderlands 3 Sep 24, 2019, 03:23 licensedsaucer9

A lot of people in this thread seem to think Gearbox / Epic / Take2 are lying. I can partly understand mistrust of Gearbox and Epic, which are privately held companies, but Take2 is a publicly traded company which discloses financial information on a quarterly basis, and they can't get away with lying.

I don't know exactly when they will release their next report, which will be for jul-aug-sep and thus include the launch of BL3, but I expect November. In it you will be able to see total revenues and use those numbers to verify or falsify claims.

News Comments > Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+?

21. Re: Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+? Sep 21, 2019, 11:01 licensedsaucer9

Icewind wrote on Sep 21, 2019, 03:14:
Can't wait for Metro Exodus this upcoming February.

Metro Exodus is available on Xbox Game Pass for PC (quite a mouthfull) which is in beta currently and only costs 4 USD per month. Quite a few games included, also Gears 5. Worth a couple of months in my opinion even though I didn't end up liking Gears.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Beta Improvements

7. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Beta Improvements Sep 21, 2019, 10:56 licensedsaucer9

I kind of got used to the movement, but I guess crisping it up a little can only be good. I am more excited about the upcoming changes to weapon audio. Weapons sounds are too low in my opinion.

I really liked the closed beta, though. Not preordering at the current time, but it is a game on my radar for sure. Maybe I will test uplay a month and see how far I can get.

News Comments > Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+?

20. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 21, 2019, 10:50 licensedsaucer9

SabreT wrote on Sep 21, 2019, 10:45:
Wish all the uniformed parrots thinking that Fortnite is Epic's main source of revenue would just shut up. Do a bit of research yourself ffs.

I am aware that Epic have other revenue streams, but it is news to me that Fortnite is not the main one. Do you have any more information? I found this https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/news/fortnite-earned-annual-revenue-game-history-2018/ but it is not current.

21 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >