Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for mirthy

Real Name mirthy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mirthy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On July 1, 2019
Supporter -
Total Comments 26 (Suspect)
User ID 58757

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Phoenix Point Gets Blood and Titanium DLC

6. Re: Phoenix Point Gets Blood and Titanium DLC Mar 6, 2020, 15:12 mirthy

xcom1&2 were very distilled experiences. Phoenix Point adds a lot of "cool" things that I think distract from the very honed-in gameplay that Firaxis pulled off with xcom. Though, if you've felt like you wanted more factions, or damage/shooting realism then Phoenix Point is probably a step up. Its polish is a little lacking... not game breaking lacking but definitely there. I haven't tried it recently so I don't know if they've been regularly patching/polishing it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2020, 17:45 mirthy

Kxmode wrote on Feb 18, 2020, 13:41:
This is scary

The #3 oldest code.

Agency: Defense Department

System: Strategic Automated Command and Control System

Reported age: 53 years old

What is it? The system coordinates U.S. nuclear forces. It runs on 1970s-era IBM computer systems and uses 8-inch floppy disks. Each disk holds 80 kilobytes of data -- meaning it would take more than 3.2 million floppy disks to equal the storage power of a “single modern flash drive,” GAO noted. The good news? The Pentagon is planning for upgrades, including updated data storage and desktop terminals by the end of 2017.

I actually like this. This tech requires someone to physically breach a location to hack into the system... and now it also requires access to ancient tech. It's actually secure because it's archaic and not online.

News Comments > Op Ed

12. Re: Op Ed Feb 18, 2020, 17:17 mirthy

I think the problem is the VR market is just too small. If there were enough people buying this game then I'm sure they'd do better job supporting it. 76 was a disaster at launch (still a disaster?) but they are fully supporting it.  

News Comments > California Intervenes in Riot Games Gender Discrimination Suit

20. Re: California Intervenes in Riot Games Gender Discrimination Suit Jan 22, 2020, 16:56 mirthy

California's been practicing a failing business strategy for decades... It's still one of the top 10 economies in the world (if carved out as it's own country). I would think that means it's not as business unfriendly as some would be made lead to believe.  

News Comments > California Intervenes in Riot Games Gender Discrimination Suit

15. Re: California Intervenes in Riot Games Gender Discrimination Suit Jan 22, 2020, 14:49 mirthy

Something must be really wrong over there. There are plenty of these that go around all the time (from bigger and smaller companies) and I don't see the state step in.  

News Comments > Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls Found

8. Re: Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls Found Jan 16, 2020, 11:17 mirthy

I bought this yesterday on gog. Outside of modern art (that one may like or dislike) and a few other modern touchups (automapper for instance). The game plays remarkably similar to Wizardry 1. Controls bite though. Less awkward on a gamepad than a keyboard but it _was_ a console release back in the day... They should really release these games on PC with keybind settings.

These sorts of turn based games that the US pioneered back in the day fell out of favor a long time ago in the US but thrive in Japan. It's really not "pandering" to anyone other than fans of grindy dungeon crawlers.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Passes 10M Players

16. Re: Sea of Thieves Passes 10M Players Jan 9, 2020, 11:22 mirthy

Good games and good games for streaming audiences aren't really the same thing.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2020, 01:36 mirthy

I thought it was insightful. I'm not sure I agree with his conclusions but I can see where he's coming from.

News Comments > Get Shadow Tactics for Free

6. Re: Get Shadow Tactics for Free Dec 28, 2019, 18:37 mirthy

Twitch also gives free games if you have prime. They gave out shadow tactics. Much rather have it on EGS' launcher than Amazon's version.

Edit: Oh, also, obligatory "I hate EGS because they give out fun games for free... so angry!" |:P

News Comments > Get Hyper Light Drifter for Free

2. Re: Get Hyper Light Drifter for Free Dec 27, 2019, 13:00 mirthy

It's a strange reality where one can have the luxury complain about free games. I mean, it's free!

(I got that sarcasm btw).

News Comments > Get FTL: Faster Than Light for Free

6. Re: Get FTL: Faster Than Light for Free Dec 26, 2019, 12:39 mirthy

Nah, there were lots of roguelites before FTL came out. FTL just showed them how to do it properly.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews

7. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 24, 2019, 22:11 mirthy

This seems to be a thing with women actors. The same thing happened to the starcraft voice actor for Nova, right? That one really annoyed me.  

News Comments > Full Steam Ahead for Red Dead Redemption 2

12. Re: Full Steam Ahead for Red Dead Redemption 2 Dec 6, 2019, 10:50 mirthy

Does the Epic version also launch rockstar's launcher?  

News Comments > New AMD and Intel CPU Reviews

4. Re: New AMD and Intel CPU Reviews Nov 25, 2019, 13:57 mirthy

Most games don't thread that well do they? All those extra cores can't be taken adv of today can it?  

News Comments > Phoenix Point Launch Plans

6. Re: Phoenix Point Launch Plans Nov 25, 2019, 13:53 mirthy

I'm going to wait too. My backlog is big enough right now and the streams I've seen don't look as fun as x-com was. I don't mind the store I get it from I have every launcher anyway though I'd prefer to get it on GoG if I had my pick.  

News Comments > DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 Next Month

5. Re: DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 Next Month Nov 19, 2019, 18:14 mirthy

I have it on switch. It's great! though, if I'd known it was coming out on PC I would've bought it there instead if only because of longevity.  

News Comments > Obsidian: Pillars of Eternity III Uncertain, Would Require Changes

8. Re: Obsidian: Pillars of Eternity III Uncertain, Would Require Changes Nov 11, 2019, 15:10 mirthy

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 11, 2019, 12:12:
And speaking of Pathfinder, that game is a total shit-show in combat unless you install the turn based mod, and what a HUGE difference and improvement that is.. my goodness.

Holy cow! There's a turn based mod? I'm playing through PF now. I'm enjoying it but it begs for turn based.

As for Outer Worlds. Despite ESG and the Windows store (that you can get it for $1 with the first month promo), rumors are that their sales are great!

As for Pillars II... Pillars 1 was so big that Pillars2 just seemed daunting to do over again (still on my list but probably after PF, and DoS 2, etc). It's a shame the title didn't do well. I think there's an abundance of good giant RPGs now. I think they just had too big of a play field to fight on.

News Comments > Op Ed

16. Re: Op Ed Nov 8, 2019, 12:28 mirthy

I'm with Beamer and Polygon here. I love 100+hr games back in the day but now-a-days (and for the same reasons) I wish there were more shorter games that required less bandwidth to get through.

Not that I don't wish I could still sink in those hours but if I cant then gimme some succinct options. Succinct is a rare things in the world of RPGs.

General Discussion > Feedback on responsive layout

48. Re: Feedback on responsive layout Nov 7, 2019, 15:55 mirthy

Refreshing. Hey mobile friendly!  

News Comments > Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only

46. Re: Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only Nov 4, 2019, 01:31 mirthy

Physical media and GoG games you own. The latter isn't licensed. The former is but who's going to enforce it?  

26 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >