Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Tim van

Real Name Tim van   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slush54
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2019, 11:44
Total Comments 30 (Suspect)
User ID 58722

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Get the Original Elite for Free
11. Re: Get the Original Elite for Free Sep 23, 2019, 03:46 Slush54

Now if only he would make the new elite drm free and put it up on gog. No way am I buying drm based bullshit.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 2, 2019, 07:09 Slush54

Bard wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 17:33:
pity windows 10 is the biggest piece of spyware we've ever been hit with...

Gee I wonder why that could be, could it have been gamers and smartphone users buying software they didn't own and control over the last 20 years thereby making microsofts ceo jealous that they should have just put drm in windows 95 and 2000 from the very beginning?

Our species is corporate dick in mouth level stupid.

News Comments > Sunday Multiplex
3. Re: Sunday Multiplex Sep 2, 2019, 03:07 Slush54

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 16:52:
Am I alone feeling when I see a space sim or racer in only 3rd person view, that's like someone going to a nice steak house and ordering their steak well done?

Nope, the reality is there is a new generation of kid who've never played games like Freespace 2. There first games were basically the new elite and games like everspace. They would never know about past games since they are too old (20 years now).

Shit games survive simply because there's a new generation of gamers who's first space games are crappier versions of older games. So if you have no experience, many mediocre games will appear more awesome then they really are.

The same thing happened when we were kids watching cartoons, then you age 30 years and you see what your parents saw - that they are little more then glorified toy commercials.

News Comments > Op Ed
63. Re: Op Ed Aug 8, 2019, 08:13 Slush54

The videogame market is not a market, it's customers are stupid uninformed mouthbreathers.

The last 20 years PC games have been stolen out from under gamers and held hostage inside corporate offices. Any server locked game = game you don't own or control.

The videogame market is a market for lemons because the gaming audience is stupid, computer illiterate and not very demanding. We went from level editors, free skins, maps and mods 20 years ago in the AAA space to lootboxes, having parts of AAA games carved out and held hostage by literally stealing them and calling it drm.

The videogame market is one giant abusive clusterfuck because it's customers are stupid.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 3, 2019, 22:10 Slush54

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 1, 2019, 21:34:
Why isn't the American public doing something about this guy? As a Canadian reading this it's obvious he's in big corporations pockets

Because the governments of the world don't work for us.

https://youtu.be/glHd_5-9PVs?t=1281

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Aug 3, 2019, 21:41 Slush54

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 3, 2019, 18:12:
Did you read it? It’s saying that consoles AREN’T holding back PC games,

Which is proof that game media is shit, yes consoles have been holding back PC's since the beginning. They still are holding PC's back. A far cry from level editing tools, programming sdk's, and modding we had in the 90's.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Aug 3, 2019, 21:36 Slush54

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 3, 2019, 15:53:
I'm glad people are enjoying a game and having fun, but... surely there are better overall games out there? :o

Fortnite is targetted at kids and casuals, the people who suck at videogames. The last 20 years of gaming has been games being dumbed down for the masses.

Let us remember that FPS games used to have health packs and no regenerating health in the 90's before Halo came along with it's regenerating shields and two weapon limits.

News Comments > Piranha Games on MechWarrior 5 Epic Games Store Exclusivity
55. removed Aug 3, 2019, 14:43 Slush54

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 3, 2019, 15:10.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Aug 3, 2019, 03:12 Slush54

Cutter wrote on Aug 2, 2019, 22:20:
Wtf do PC gamers care about Lamestop? They've never been relevant to us.

That's where you're wrong, the reason why all PC games haven't been totally online drm'd is because console's still have physical discs. Once that's gone we will see always online drm for all games.

Just like we've seen how RPG's were rebadged mmo's in the war on game ownership over the last 20 years. We went from level editors, free maps, skins and levels to drm, f2p, always online nonsense and TF2 with hat microtransactions.

The videogame market is a total idiocracy. Consoles are really the only thing left keeping games we own and control alive since we've seen multiplayer games that would have been programmed like quake and unreal in a previous era become Leage of legends, dota 2, overwatch, desttiny...

AKA games you don't own and are totally controlled by game companies.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jul 24, 2019, 03:14 Slush54

jdreyer wrote on Jul 23, 2019, 21:01:
So after buying the full price game, people shell out tons more money on what exactly? Skins?

Yup that's all that exists in overwatch, a giant lootbox for skins, voice lines and spray. The worst part is all the skins are already inside overwatch. It's so weird we went from quake 3 + qeradiant to this overwatch dystopia.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials Show Strong PC Performance
4. Re: Ubisoft Financials Show Strong PC Performance Jul 17, 2019, 23:01 Slush54

Yeah mtx + always online drm to put a store inside the game to fleece the gullible will definitely drive profits.  

News Comments > SolSeraph Released
3. Re: SolSeraph Released Jul 13, 2019, 03:49 Slush54

Act Raiser game by a bunch of devs who don't get what made act raiser... 3d graphics? Yuck. What made Act Raiser what it was, was the unique art style.  

News Comments > Valve Labs Includes New Recommendation System
3. Re: Valve Labs Includes New Recommendation System Jul 12, 2019, 17:22 Slush54

Jackplug wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 04:25:
valve for me have been a let down, i was hoping they do some more games, but no.

LOL valve launched steam in 2004 to become a distributor and do mtx. When TF2 became f2p with hats, it was game over.

Once they had dota 2... they have no reason at all to innovate they can literally live off mtx.

News Comments > Monday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Monday Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2019, 12:57 Slush54

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Jun 25, 2019, 11:20:
DUDE WTF!!! Why did you edit Steele Johnsons comment to fit your agenda. Your response was 100% off topic to the comment. Not cool dude.

Notice what's in the links "Epic Games sues minor for allegedly selling ‘Fortnite’ cheats."

So I was responding to that topic...

News Comments > GOG Galaxy 2.0 Closed Beta
8. Re: GOG Galaxy 2.0 Closed Beta Jun 25, 2019, 12:49 Slush54

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 24, 2019, 21:37:
It's still spyware galore since they will get access to tons of account and statistical data of your linked accounts (you know, basically the exact same stuff people ripped Epic a new one over but since it's GOG people are cool with it apparently).

"We're not spying on data from your computer" is semantics and does not mean much. Sure, they technically may not spy on data "from my computer" because data of my Steam account is stored on Valve's servers. Semantics bullshit. They are doing this to collect data, of course. Just like the GOG Connect program. They are a bunch of nosy little fuckers.

Yeah, they promised not to share our data with third parties but first, you'd have to 100% trust them in that regard and secondly it may be "bad" enough to share it just with them because they are going to analyze the fuck out of that data for future business decisions.

Why would I voluntarily sign up to be a guinea pig for their market analysis software? Not gonna happen unless they pay me to use GOG 2.0.
No, Sir. I'm not touching that shit with a 100ft pole. Look, I think GOG is great for classic and DRM-free games but I'll access my crap the conventional way instead of via their shiny new spyware.

Man, the time to complain abotu being spied on was 20 years ago, everyone went and bought mmo's and steam, to complain about launchers spying on you when STEAM and MMO's has been a thing for damn near 20 years is just nonsense, any game or piece of software that is controlled by the company is spying on you. It's naive to think otherwise and gamers gave up their rights 20 years ago with the rise of mmo's, the big scam to rebrand PC rpg's to get idiots to pay monthly fee's for the same rpg game and everyone fell for it.

The fact that All major properties became server locked f2p games

Quake --> Quake champions

Tribes --> tribes ascend

Diablo 2 --> diablo 3 /w always online drm

Etc, etc... means the battle has been lost and no we live in a total idiocracy.

News Comments > Monday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Monday Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2019, 07:41 Slush54

Steele Johnson wrote on Jun 24, 2019, 21:52:
Why are we starting to see all these lawsuits now?

Because gamers bought games they didn't own and allowed companies to own the software. The internet allows stupid kids to give money to games that were controlled by the company.

The last 20 years of gaming has been one of software theft, the big push to remove game ownership began in late 90's and 2000's with Ultima online, everquest, wow and guild wars... which lead to STEAM in 2004.

The last 20 years of gaming has been the theft of videogames. To think all software companies had to do was wait for mouthbreathing masses to get internet to split software into two pieces and extort the morons of our planet.

Watching dedicated servers, level editors, programming sdk's and modding retreat in the AAA space has been tragic all because corporations gained superpowers to keep the game they produced at their office instead of giving us the fucking game and people fell all over themselves to buy drm'd games, thereby giving up ownership completely...

So I feel no guilt for kids getting sued since those stupid moronic kids are the reason for all this anti-consumer bullshit that began 20 years ago.

News Comments > Diablo Hellfire on GOG.com
9. Re: Diablo Hellfire on GOG.com Jun 5, 2019, 19:31 Slush54

Verno wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 17:21:
It wasn't bad at the time but it certainly hasn't aged well. Far better ways to spend your time unless the nostalgia has grabbed you.

Of course it hasn't aged well, mmo's and micro-transactions stopped the idea of boxed games. When world of warcraft hit in 2004 everyone and they got gamers to pay over and over again for the same game, they were going to push to undermine game ownership.

So Diablo didn't get a sequel until roughly 10 years later and the original team long gone. So diablo never got to be refined, sequelled to death and rebooted.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 23, 2019, 19:21 Slush54

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on May 23, 2019, 15:03:
LOL can children even buy loot boxes? do they have credit cards and shit?

Sorry to tell you kids are not dumb, I took my mothers credit card at 5 years old to buy a toy car from a store when she didn't buy it for me as a kid. Kids are not totally stupid.

News Comments > Protecting Children from Abusive Games Act
18. Re: Protecting Children from Abusive Games Act May 9, 2019, 01:19 Slush54

NKD wrote on May 8, 2019, 20:21:
In theory I support this kind of regulation. Consumers and parents are at a distinct disadvantage against corporations with unlimited funds doing what is essentially an exploit of a bug in human psychology. All to make a profit.

The problem is your government hasn't ever worked for you.. most citizens are under too much state school and corporate propaganda to know what their political interests are.

If you vote for any of the demopublicans you have no idea how politics works as a member of the working population. Your interests are not aligned.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: etc. May 7, 2019, 06:30 Slush54

ventry wrote on May 6, 2019, 22:02:
What's not to like. :o

The fact you're an idiot, like we need the trump admin to destroy the EPA and pollute our environment. A giant wtf.

30 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo