Descending
Limit Results:

36 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Saturday Metaverse
Sep 5, 2021, 22:36
Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 5, 2021, 22:36
Sep 5, 2021, 22:36

Love watching the resident alt left racists come in, sling racist slurs and literally invent entirely new quotes from the other posters they're arguing with so they can "win".

Re: Evening Metaverse
Aug 14, 2021, 10:50
Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 14, 2021, 10:50
Aug 14, 2021, 10:50

Snopes rates that accusation as mostly false.

Re: "Revitalized" Quake Accidentally Revealed
Aug 14, 2021, 10:49
Re: "Revitalized" Quake Accidentally Revealed Aug 14, 2021, 10:49
Aug 14, 2021, 10:49

Machine games. That means we'll get a fun game but with too much focus on plot for a quake game, They'll probably kill off Ranger and replace him with someone lame, And there wont be any mod support. I feel indifferent.

Re: Activision Blizzard Walkout Tomorrow
Jul 28, 2021, 20:55
Re: Activision Blizzard Walkout Tomorrow Jul 28, 2021, 20:55
Jul 28, 2021, 20:55

Hattori Hanz┼Ź wrote on Jul 28, 2021, 11:20:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 28, 2021, 11:04:
Unions don't care about anything but money to their useless people.

nobody cares about anything but money

enjoy yourselves

The sad truth

Re: Activision Blizzard Walkout Tomorrow
Jul 28, 2021, 20:54
Re: Activision Blizzard Walkout Tomorrow Jul 28, 2021, 20:54
Jul 28, 2021, 20:54

Verno wrote on Jul 28, 2021, 09:00:
milspecmonkey wrote on Jul 28, 2021, 02:44:
Got motivated with the amount of ridiculous woke takes on the earlier subject, then the party just continued here, which is a bit of less common fun where pretty much everyone just hates Blizzard at this point for reasons on all sides.
But sure I can start a discussion about how Secret of Mana does not deserve to be considered a top SNES game of all time or XCOM Chimera Squad did more things right than most realize if I'm supposed to earnsz muh game cred to hang out or "something"

Not wanting women to be harassed in the workplace is "so woke". You smell like a re-reg to me and we'll get to the bottom of it.

I think people are talking about different things, When people say woke they aren't referring to not wanting people sexually harassed. I would think most people don't agree with that.
The woke part is where the lawsuit (and surrounding discussion) included irrelevant sections where they complained about people because of their race and gender "Too many white men" etc. Which is irrelevant woke racism and has nothing to do with sexual assault.

Re: Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Stories
Jul 28, 2021, 20:15
Re: Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Stories Jul 28, 2021, 20:15
Jul 28, 2021, 20:15

Bent wrote on Jul 28, 2021, 20:05:
One of the creepier ones was was they did to the Hong Kong player who won the big international e-sports championship after it was found out that he happened to have once mentioned support for the democracy movement there. Blizzard disqualified him and took back his winnings. They didn't want China offended.

Agreed, But sadly no one in the west seems to really care about that.

Kotaku's Cosby Suite story is also a bit disingenuous, They're clearly trying to imply that they were fans of "previously convicted rapist Bill Cosby" because of the drugging and raping and that they had created some kind of Cosby rape room. But he had not been previously convicted at all, This was over a year before that came out and Kotaku intentionally left that out of the story.

Also wanted to cancel the McCree character because a developer who shares his name made a single dirty joke in a private conversation 8 years ago seems too much. Did the guy actually sexually harass anyone? Is there a man or woman alive who has never made dirty jokes in private?

Re: Sunday Metaverse
Jul 26, 2021, 06:38
Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 26, 2021, 06:38
Jul 26, 2021, 06:38

Byuu emailed me the day before posting his tweet chain. You can read it here. In it, he attempted to extort me. Byuu claimed that if I did not delete all information about him on the forum, he would kill himself and blame me.

He offered me $120,000 cash. He also offered me his services helping write software for the Kiwi Farms. I saw this as a legally and morally dubious offer at best, entrapment at worst, so I declined.

I told him I would have to consult an attorney. He barely waited 12 hours after his first email before closing communications and deciding to go through with his plan at 3am my time.

This isnt a very good excuse. He knew this guy had serious mental issues, He knew how much he was freaking out, He should have at least locked off the thread and hidden it away until he could assess what was happening.
And he might not be breaking any laws or obligated to take it down but a little bit of empathy would be nice.

This reminds me of a similar case when Zoe Quinn and her fans bullied another dev to suicide, Alec Holowka. In both cases people with serious mental illness being hounded online and in their personal lives derailed until they give up and kill themselves.

Re: Mike Morhaime on the Activision Blizzard Lawsuit
Jul 26, 2021, 06:15
Re: Mike Morhaime on the Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Jul 26, 2021, 06:15
Jul 26, 2021, 06:15

Jivaro wrote on Jul 26, 2021, 05:02:
The dead people, and their families, might have a different point of view on January 6th.

From what I know a couple of protesters who were clearly not healthy to begin with died from being squished around in a large crowd, That's not malicious.
And an unarmed female protestor was shot in the throat by a police officer while she was climbing through a window.
There was also a now debunked conspiracy about protesters murdering a police officer with a fire extinguisher.
So the only people who died were protestors and only 1 person was intentionally killed.

Anyone who broke into someone's offices, trashed the place, or stole anything should be held accountable and face the consequences.
But there is a crazy double standard when this is framed as an "insurrection" or a "coup". And to compare what BLM/Antifa did is just framed as healthy "protest".
Having this warped uneven view of events and not holding people to equal standards when it comes to prosecuting them is going to keep making things worse.

I mean just swap the groups around. Imagine if Trump was reelected, BLM marched on the building, Some of them broke in and trashed some rooms, and 1 unarmed black protester gets shot in the throat by a cop. And its framed as an insurrection.
Meanwhile Trump supporters burn hundreds of buildings sometimes intentionally targeting them based on the race of the owner, Kill people in the streets. Force strangers at restaurants raise their hands and give a right wing salute, Throw home made bombs at police, Take over government buildings, And even annex a block of a city and declare it their own mini country.

Also back on topic, Blizzard sucks and that company is on its way to collapse.

Re: etc.
Jun 1, 2021, 07:20
Re: etc. Jun 1, 2021, 07:20
Jun 1, 2021, 07:20

ColoradoHoudini wrote on May 31, 2021, 12:30:
As a veteran, and still supporting through 25+years of DoD/Federal service I have zero desire to work for a company that pushes "woke" bullshit.

Fair enough. When the Hong Kong democracy movement was active Activision Blizzard worked to shut down dissent on behalf of the CCP Dictatorship, Using the excuse that they don't want ANY political statements. But less than a year later the corporation was making political statements in support of BLM. So clearly they lied.
Why would a veteran, someone willing to risk their life for one set of values want to go work for a corporation that actively attempts to crush those values and support opposing values.

Re: Saturday Legal Briefs
May 2, 2021, 03:17
Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 2, 2021, 03:17
May 2, 2021, 03:17

NKD wrote on May 1, 2021, 20:25:
Yep, you just have to say you were in fear for your life, and you can mow down as many people as you want to escape from a "riot" (unclear how that is defined, Probably anywhere there are 2 or more black people). Shields you from both criminal and civil proceedings.

That's fascinating. Personally I thought the law would have been in response to all the examples of rioters (who have mostly been white) surrounding people in their cars, Attacking the cars, pulling people out of their cars, Pursuing them and blocking the victims from being able to make reasonable attempts to even slowly drive away.
But you're saying that actually this law is a conspiracy by racists to create some sort of Anti Black Carmageddon?

Jan 8, 2021, 21:44
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 21:44
Jan 8, 2021, 21:44

For hundreds of years you Americans all had the freedom to publicly dissent, question your government and each other. Even promote conspiracies, People on all sides complained that their opponents were wrong and shouldn't be permitted to speak but they were protected and in the end your country was more stable and stronger for it.
And now in just 20 years almost all public discourse has moved online, And because those protections don't "technically" apply in the same way the people with power get their wish and are able to silence their opposition. And in record time your country is on the brink of civil war.

The only solution is for people to be able to freely and honestly start speaking with each other and trying to understand and empathize with each others views, As they used to.
Using the trashing of congress as an excuse to purge dissent and silence the opposition is seriously going to keep making things worse and worse, I honestly cant understand how people don't see this.
You seriously don't see that someday this could all be co-opted by someone who turns it on you?

Jan 6, 2021, 23:21
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 6, 2021, 23:21
Jan 6, 2021, 23:21

Where was all this concern during the BLM and Antifa riots throughout entirety of 2020?
Back then everyone was saying its "Mostly peaceful" "Riots are the voice of the unheard" "The peaceful protest intensified" "Violence is justified" "Its just property its all insured" "All cops are bastards, Abolish the police!" "Protests don't spread covid" "So and so violent gang is just an idea".
And now suddenly the far right is fully in favour of violent riots and the far left is fully in favour of riot police cracking skulls.

The one sidedness when it comes to silencing extremist voices online is going to keep making the situation worse as well.
If you have 2 opposing extremists and you only silence one of them then that one is going to feel even more righteous and justified in their violent rhetoric and the other one is going to feel that their violent rhetoric is supported and condoned. I think 2021 is going to be an even worse year for all of us.

Re: Evening Safety Dance
Nov 17, 2020, 23:27
Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 17, 2020, 23:27
Nov 17, 2020, 23:27

Cutter wrote on Nov 17, 2020, 23:08:
If there's been any voter fraud - and there actually has - it's been committed by the GOP. Cannot wait to see that douchebag on history's backside. I hope the fucking moment he's officially out of office he gets a dump truck full of subpoenas. to sue him and for criminal investigations. dumped on him.

That wont happen, At least not from the government, because it'll set a standard where each incoming president starts prosecuting the previous one for their crimes.
And they've all committed crimes.

Re: Evening Safety Dance
Nov 17, 2020, 23:25
Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 17, 2020, 23:25
Nov 17, 2020, 23:25

They forgot to link to where Trump "Fired him in a tweet". Which is pretty crazy if its true.
They only linked to the Tweet where twitter is disputing Trump disputing Krebs disputing Trump disputing the election.
If that's the reason he was fired then that's really fucked, People need to be able to disagree and speak out without losing their jobs.

There are a few things Trump points out that are worth looking at though. Like the "Glitches" where the machines gave republican votes to democrats, Which were then corrected and flipped some close elections. It wasn't necessarily something nefarious but they should look into how that happened.
Backdating late mailed in votes also seems like something that would be very easy to falsify. I'd be interested to learn how they prevent fraud there.

Whichever way the investigations turn out I hope people can accept the result. I seriously doubt Trump will come out as the winner so he needs to get ready to shut up and fuck off and stay fucked off. But the same goes for Biden if it does flip.

Re: Morning Metaverse
Nov 2, 2020, 18:47
Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 2, 2020, 18:47
Nov 2, 2020, 18:47

"Contradicts Official projections"
Thou shalt not contradict the infallible official projections

Re: Orwell's Animal Farm Next Month
Nov 2, 2020, 18:42
Re: Orwell's Animal Farm Next Month Nov 2, 2020, 18:42
Nov 2, 2020, 18:42

I'm skeptical that this will be any good. But we need more games about resisting communism.
Maybe after BJ Blaskovich finishes of the nazi scum he can go on to fighting the commie scum in the next Wolfenstein.

Re: Amnesia: Rebirth Released
Oct 21, 2020, 00:32
Re: Amnesia: Rebirth Released Oct 21, 2020, 00:32
Oct 21, 2020, 00:32

I just finished a Machine for Pigs recently and I thought it was awful, Different devs though.
But then immediately after I played through SOMA and it was amazing.
Looking forward to this.

Re: Morning Safety Dance
Oct 20, 2020, 06:33
Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 20, 2020, 06:33
Oct 20, 2020, 06:33

Whatever happened with that Epstein pedo island and all the world leaders, rich and famous who had been attending the island anyway?.
Last I read Bill Clinton had been named, And there was something about Trump hanging out in the kitchens.
Ah well, Best not question it.

Re: Morning Metaverse
Oct 12, 2020, 23:55
Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 12, 2020, 23:55
Oct 12, 2020, 23:55

Well, Best case scenario after the election you guys will have a totally different corrupt elderly millionaire lying sex pest. Except this one will be supported and protected by the tech industry and media.
Why oh why out of 330 million Americans was it whittled down to the two worst choices.

Re: Sunday Metaverse
Sep 21, 2020, 00:06
Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 21, 2020, 00:06
Sep 21, 2020, 00:06

Saboth wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 20:38:
So Trump got embarrassed by TikTok Teens, and he's held a grudge ever since. It's a Chinese company, so he can make dubious "national security" claims without having to provide any evidence of wrongdoing.

I think its more to do with the fact that they keep getting caught stealing peoples data for the CCP as has been reported numerous times.

Saboth wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 20:38:
Then he forces them to sell part of their business to US interests
I know right, Imagine if China did that to a US company. Oh wait they do.
36 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older