Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Drath71

Real Name Drath71   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Drath71
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 22, 2018, 11:50
Total Comments 133 (Novice)
User ID 58589

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Internet Archive Adds 2,500 More MS-DOS Games
10. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 14, 2019, 18:50 Drath71

Arctic fox...didn't see it, I loved that game.
So glad to see this happen with other games tho!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Oct 12, 2019, 09:12 Drath71

Gosh, I'm already feeling guilty about my PC priveledge. I couldn't have possibly done anything to earn it, especially when others poor boobs have to make do with a console. I must be oppressing them somehow!!!

PC Guilt
It's REAL

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 12, 2019, 09:07 Drath71

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 18:57:
"Please keep quiet. We love being whores for the Chinese government, and would hate to lose the opportunity to sell out our principles for money."

Fuck Riot.

Pretty much. If they had pulled out voodoo dolls of trump and beheaded them, they'd have gotten cheers. But offend the Chinese? NO WAY!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 6, 2019, 05:02 Drath71

NKD wrote on Oct 5, 2019, 23:27:
UFOs aren't aliens, they are unidentified flying objects, and even then a lot of them are neither flying, nor objects, but a reflection or shadow or some other shit that no one can be bothered to try and reproduce.

There's a reason that in decades of "UFO sightings" there's never been anything resembling a clear image of a spacecraft or an extraterrestrial lifeform.

Yep. And I'm still waiting on bigfoot or nessy to show up in an iphone picture. Not holding my breath, though.

News Comments > Ms. Marvel Joining Marvel's Avengers
6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 5, 2019, 11:28 Drath71

Love Marvel, can't wait to see this!  

9. Why All Those Criticisms About Millennials Aren't Necessarily Fair. Oct 5, 2019, 08:00 Drath71

Good gosh, npr can do better than this.

For example:
"the amount of college debt has climbed a lot since the middle of the last decade"
Well...the idea that "everyone goes to college, so let's let them take out a loan!" idea is absolute crap. Not everyone NEEDS to go to college, and being able to take out a loan has made the problem much worse. It's like saying "everyone needs a Tesla, just take out a loan!" The car dealerships would be THRILLED, but the students need to take responsibility for falling into this trap also. But they don't, which is a common criticism directed towards millinials.

"because they endured the financial crisis 10 years ago at a young, impressionable age, it's also possible that millennials are going to be less likely to inflate a big housing market bubble"

Wrong. Again, look at what's happening with college loans, and the cries for "Free stuff". Free=others have to pay for my stuff, and IDC where the $$$ comes from.

I love some of npr's work, but sometimes, their stuff is just high school level.

News Comments > Gearbox Responds to Union Beef
16. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 1, 2019, 19:24 Drath71

Brazor wrote on Oct 1, 2019, 17:21:
The nurses at a hospital I worked at bailed on their union. They had safety issues that needed to be addressed by Congress but the Union reps were only concerned about increasing the pay rate. Even though the bulk of the nurses said they didn't need the raise and that the safety issues were far more important.
The issues were with the laws at it's core. The hospitals and insurance companies can't change it. So the unions we'ren't going to budge. They just accused some of the nurses of being Republicans when most were life long Dems.

If your industry requires unions then it's as good as dead.

That's because any form of bureaucracy, unions, government, etc increases in power in itself. This eventually outweighs the good it was trying to do, and it eventually becomes a great evil.
Extremes are just bad.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 23, 2019, 21:02 Drath71

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-49794327

More importantly:
The better question: Are people with poor judgement more likely be exploited?

News Comments > Playing for the Planet
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 23, 2019, 20:57 Drath71

Wow. What next? Play for...the whales? Play for...Area 51? Play for...safe spaces?

Yawn.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 22, 2019, 20:57 Drath71

So...gets the job done, solid, and doesn't need a cult following? Does not loving my apps make me weird? I will admit I have warm fuzzies for Blender.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
9. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 21, 2019, 20:44 Drath71

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 21, 2019, 12:36:
The dumb fuck and his tariffs.
The only problem with democracy is that there are so many stupid people.
Stupid because they don't agree with us. Hmmm can we fix this? And why are they so worried about giving up their guns? Nuts!

News Comments > I Love You, Colonel Sanders! A Finger Lickin’ Good Dating Simulator
8. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 10, 2019, 18:57 Drath71

Slick wrote on Sep 10, 2019, 12:24:
I think 30 seconds of this video has honestly snapped me out of my depression. This is the greatest thing I've seen in a long time.

I thought it was hilarious! But it did take my poor brain a few moments to process what it was seeing, it just didn't compute at first.

News Comments > GreedFall Reviews
5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 10, 2019, 18:54 Drath71

Summary:
Cliche tropes about evil, greedy colonizers vs cliche tropes about pure of heart, one-with-nature natives.
Meh

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 7, 2019, 09:06 Drath71

Drayth wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 19:17:
Same's happening to digital movies and shows. The removal of a scene from Toy Story 2, and the trimmed down 13 Reasons Why scene.

I already picked up blu-rays when I could of my favorite stuff for the superior A/V quality, but now this new trend is giving me more reason to collect when it's something I really enjoyed.

I had to go look up what you mean by the toy story 2 scene. Ridiculous. But if leftists ever get control, get ready for a way of life straight out of George Orwell's nightmares.

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 3 Early Access
5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 5, 2019, 18:12 Drath71

I hope it's great, but I got chills/flashbacks to X series, from the female voice.
/shudder

News Comments > X4: Split Vendetta Announced
9. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 4, 2019, 15:56 Drath71

Slashman wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 15:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 13:59:
If you read my last posts about it nothing changed. Functionally it mostly works, design wise it is horrifying broken and just badly designed and gameplay wise it's just bland.

My main problem with this game is that it seems like it was never meant to be played by anyone since even nowadays it has bugs with missions, especially faction missions. And beyond that also no real progression or point to anything...

This is how Egosoft rolls though. They have never released a finished game. It will take patches and updates and more patches to finally get to where it is satisfying for everybody to play.

This is nothing new. I just watch and read the patch notes and see what people are saying on the forum and when I feel it is in a state that is worth it, I will buy it. If it never reaches that state...that's life.

And honestly, for me personally that means every X game I've played, I regretted getting it on release. Not only that, but they refused for the longest time to make the UI and menus actually user friendly.
All in all, I don't plan on another purchase from them, and I've moved on from playing foundations. They've lowered the bar on expectations so much, I'm no longer interested.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2019, 11:10 Drath71

Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2019, 10:31:
Drath71 wrote on Sep 2, 2019, 10:15:
Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2019, 08:51:
Drath71 wrote on Sep 2, 2019, 08:29:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 18:02:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 16:44:
Drath71 wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 08:20:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 01:09:
Home is 230 miles East of El Paso and 180 miles West of Midland/Odessa.
Gotta love living in the middle of 2nd Amendment Country.

I'm going all out this time and have spared no expense by sending 3 dozen Thoughts and Prayers to the latest mass shooting victims and their families.

Still more effective at helping people before and after a shooting than any gun laws seem to be. Gosh, you mean saying "it's wrong to do bad things to people" doesn't stop people from it? But it worked so well in the war against drugs!
Well praise the lord and pass the ammunition, the death toll is now at 7.
I've revised my thoughts and prayers by an additional half dozen, to go above 4 dozen just seems disingenuous don't you think.

Texas has responded with these 8 new and shiny gun laws to protect the populace.
Senate Bill 535: allows Texans to carry guns in churches, synagogues and other places of worship, unless otherwise banned by those places with proper signage.
Senate Bill 741: prohibits property owners’ associations from banning storage of guns on rental properties.
House Bill 121: provides a legal defense for licensed handgun owners who unknowingly enter an establishment that bans firearms as long as they leave when asked.
House Bill 302: prohibits landlords from banning renters and their guests from carrying firearms in lease agreements.
House Bill 1387: loosens restrictions on the number of school marshals who can carry guns at public and private schools in Texas.
House Bill 1177: allows Texans to carry handguns without a license during a state of disaster.
House Bill 1143: prohibits school districts from banning licensed gun owners from storing guns and ammunition in their vehicles in parking lots.
House Bill 2363: allows certain foster homes to store guns and ammunition in a locked location.

Hey, if you loosen the laws enough, and have enough mass shootings, the law of averages dictates that eventually a good guy with a gun will stop a bad guy with a gun.

I know this doesn't fit some people's agenda, but more lives are saved by guns than lost, but yeah, you have to look that up. It's not reported in the media. The vast, vast majority of owners are responsible citizens, but that's not reported either. Shocker.

I get why some people are reactionary, and want to penalize the law abiding majority for the crimes of a criminal minority. It's not that they give a darn about the victims (chicago). It IS about penalizing a certain majority. That's something "progressives" simply can't tolerate.

Kinda of like how much damage drug abuse does, but let's all go to another legalize pot rally, it's a miracle drug! No hypocrisy here at all!

Far, far more are lost, particularly if you add suicide. Our homicide rate is comparable to third world countries

Ah yes. Let's definitely punish people because some few decide to use a weapon to end their lives.
Buildings banned, because some people jump. Oh wait, for some reason that's not up for grabs.
Razors banned...oh wait, not an option.
Ropes banned...oh wait, nah.
But guns...yeah, totally an option. Because we REALLY care about saving lives! RIGHT.

So, not responding at all to your initial claim. Gotcha.

You could spend like...2 minutes and see google it and see evidence, funny how that's not an option though eh?

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2019, 11:09 Drath71

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 2, 2019, 09:07:
more lives are saved by guns than lost
source

Sure! Here's just a really quick few, there are a LOT of them out there. Not hard to find at all.

investors

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_gun_use

Low estimates are around 80,000 defensive uses of a gun, I also saw some 64k numbers, etc. LOW END ESTIMATES. High end...over 4 million. So, somewhere in that range, a gun was used for defense. I'm not going to say it's the high end...but don't dare say it's the low end either.

We don't have a gun problem folks, we have a violence/people problem. But let's focus on something else, eh?

25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2019, 10:15 Drath71

Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2019, 08:51:

I'm going all out this time and have spared no expense by sending 3 dozen Thoughts and Prayers to the latest mass shooting victims and their families.

Still more effective at helping people before and after a shooting than any gun laws seem to be. Gosh, you mean saying "it's wrong to do bad things to people" doesn't stop people from it? But it worked so well in the war against drugs!
I've revised my thoughts and prayers by an additional half dozen, to go above 4 dozen just seems disingenuous don't you think.

Texas has responded with these 8 new and shiny gun laws to protect the populace.
Senate Bill 535: allows Texans to carry guns in churches, synagogues and other places of worship, unless otherwise banned by those places with proper signage.
Senate Bill 741: prohibits property owners’ associations from banning storage of guns on rental properties.
House Bill 121: provides a legal defense for licensed handgun owners who unknowingly enter an establishment that bans firearms as long as they leave when asked.
House Bill 302: prohibits landlords from banning renters and their guests from carrying firearms in lease agreements.
House Bill 1387: loosens restrictions on the number of school marshals who can carry guns at public and private schools in Texas.
House Bill 1177: allows Texans to carry handguns without a license during a state of disaster.
House Bill 1143: prohibits school districts from banning licensed gun owners from storing guns and ammunition in their vehicles in parking lots.
House Bill 2363: allows certain foster homes to store guns and ammunition in a locked location.

Hey, if you loosen the laws enough, and have enough mass shootings, the law of averages dictates that eventually a good guy with a gun will stop a bad guy with a gun.

I know this doesn't fit some people's agenda, but more lives are saved by guns than lost, but yeah, you have to look that up. It's not reported in the media. The vast, vast majority of owners are responsible citizens, but that's not reported either. Shocker.

I get why some people are reactionary, and want to penalize the law abiding majority for the crimes of a criminal minority. It's not that they give a darn about the victims (chicago). It IS about penalizing a certain majority. That's something "progressives" simply can't tolerate.

Kinda of like how much damage drug abuse does, but let's all go to another legalize pot rally, it's a miracle drug! No hypocrisy here at all!

Far, far more are lost, particularly if you add suicide. Our homicide rate is comparable to third world countries

Ah yes. Let's definitely punish people because some few decide to use a weapon to end their lives.
Buildings banned, because some people jump. Oh wait, for some reason that's not up for grabs.
Razors banned...oh wait, not an option.
Ropes banned...oh wait, nah.
But guns...yeah, totally an option. Because we REALLY care about saving lives! RIGHT.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2019, 08:29 Drath71

133 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo