Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ] Older

Re: Valve to Sponsor Game Devs of Color Expo
Jun 17, 2020, 17:14
Re: Valve to Sponsor Game Devs of Color Expo Jun 17, 2020, 17:14
Jun 17, 2020, 17:14

Beamer wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 16:57:
Drath71 wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 16:46:
Beamer wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 16:29:
Literally no one says vigilantism is ok. That's a ridiculous strawman. No one is saying looting or murdering innocent people is ok.

Where do you people come up with these things? No wonder you're so angry and offended all the time. You're outright making things up and pretending other people said them in order to ensure you are angry, offended, and triggered.

Are you serious that people are not justifying harm done to innocent people, looting and so forth? Are you just intellectually dishonest, uninformed, or willfully blind?
Show me who is saying it is ok to murder innocent people. I'll be here, waiting.

Shame on you. I never said murder, I said vigilantism, looting, harming innocent people. All of which have taken place, and many people have justified this. But feel free to twist things around yourself.
And by the way...murders have definitely happened, and innocent people have been killed, but I don't see any protests about that. Just a massive amount of silence on the part of many.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/05/george-floyd-protests-minneapolis-police-fires.html

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-05/is-the-looting-in-the-us-tied-to-the-protests/12315884

I could keep going, but hey it's all a summer of love and a block party in Seattle, right? Nobody getting hurt. Nobody getting gunned down.

Jun 17, 2020, 16:46
Re: Valve to Sponsor Game Devs of Color Expo Jun 17, 2020, 16:46
Jun 17, 2020, 16:46

Beamer wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 16:29:
Literally no one says vigilantism is ok. That's a ridiculous strawman. No one is saying looting or murdering innocent people is ok.

Where do you people come up with these things? No wonder you're so angry and offended all the time. You're outright making things up and pretending other people said them in order to ensure you are angry, offended, and triggered.

Are you serious that people are not justifying harm done to innocent people, looting and so forth? Are you just intellectually dishonest, uninformed, or willfully blind?

Jun 17, 2020, 16:29
Re: Valve to Sponsor Game Devs of Color Expo Jun 17, 2020, 16:29
Jun 17, 2020, 16:29

Simon Says wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 15:41:
Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 13:12:
But to Hell with everyone else, right?

I wonder how many times we'll have to remind you that "Save the whales" doesn't mean "Fuck all the other fish".

How many times Cutter? How many?

Cool! So a "whites only expo" is fine then, because it doesn't mean "Fuck all the other colors". Right?

Jun 17, 2020, 16:24
Re: Valve to Sponsor Game Devs of Color Expo Jun 17, 2020, 16:24
Jun 17, 2020, 16:24

Darks wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 16:17:
Beamer wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 16:09:
opie wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 15:54:
Simon Says wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 15:41:
Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 13:12:
But to Hell with everyone else, right?

I wonder how many times we'll have to remind you that "Save the whales" doesn't mean "Fuck all the other fish".

How many times Cutter? How many?

yes, but we are still waiting for a "Game Devs of no Color Expo" aren't we?

Racism - prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

everyone but whites is racist. but I will be assuming they will alloy white Devs in this expo.

I am uncertain what your last line means, but have you ever seen a picture of any other games expo?
Have you ever looked at the images of devs in the final credits of any game? Here are the dev images for Doom Eternal. I'm not singling id out, or criticizing them, they just showed all the images recently.

OK, so whats your point here Beamer? I saw several Black devs in that video. And BTW, its been this way for a very long time that there are not many black developers. That is not on any company, its on the individuals to get trained ot be a developer which is a very hard job to do and requires a lot of experience and training to be a dev.

It's just another form of segregation, which used to to be a horrible thing but now it's ok.
And vigilantism...can't tell you I heard so many times in my life that it was bad, but now it's ok (rioting, looting, murdering innocent people). I mean...they deserve it!
So now, by having a "only people of color", I mean...that pretty much makes it clear who all the bad people are right? Cause because they are all bad, we gotta do this expo! No color people not welcome. But the idea of a "people of no color only" expo would just set off more vigilantism er looting er protests.
So much for unity! When you say "this group only", you are doing the opposite of unification, but I honestly think that's kinda the point.
It's a joke. We swung all the way from one bad side of the pendulum to the other bad side. Both are bad.
And you know what? Just like in the past, all throughout history, people JUSTIFY it. This is why the mob can't be trusted...it's fickle, and bases its morals on whatever whim or cause it feels is justified.
No thanks.

Re: Out of the Blue
Jun 12, 2020, 15:11
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2020, 15:11
Jun 12, 2020, 15:11

Beamer wrote on Jun 12, 2020, 14:58:
No art has been removed or censored. It was taken off of a single platform, while existing on dozens, until context can be given.

Nothing is changing about it. No frames removed. No words removed. It's still on DVD, Blu-Ray, VHS, BetaMax, and LaserDisc. You can still rent or buy it on Amazon. People still watch it and enjoy it.

At what scale is something censorship, and not just the choice of a particular medium? When it's global? How is such a thing as global censorship truly even possible?
But, you still have a good point. I guess I'm fine with some particular corporation or individual deciding they don't want to stop showing dukes or hazard, or deciding that they do.
But what about when the government (State or local) steps in and forces it not to be shown? Does that qualify as censorship enough?

Jun 12, 2020, 14:56
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2020, 14:56
Jun 12, 2020, 14:56

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 12, 2020, 09:03:
Drath71 wrote on Jun 12, 2020, 08:41:
I can't want till our next lib president, who can create a group* that does nothing but censor content...
Still waiting for hollywood to stop making any movies with guns in them, too.
Don't forget guns in video games and this famous liberal quote
“We must stop the glorification of violence in our society,” he said. “This includes the gruesome and grisly video games that are now commonplace. It is too easy today for troubled youth to surround themselves with a culture that celebrates violence. We must stop or substantially reduce this, and it has to begin immediately.” d.trump
And he's already got the *group chomping at the bit to do it. When they're not teargassing peaceful protestors.
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R) told Fox & Friends that video games “dehumanize individuals.”

Touche!! Excellent post there, I will definitely give you that one. And the d definitely does not have my full support.
But...a sincere question. If we can say that some art/media can be removed, censored, WHATEVER because it offends in some way...how is saying that video games that actually do dehumanize people not equally valid? I don't agree that -all- video games dehumanize people, and I don't believe that's what McCarthy was saying.

But come on..go on steam, and see all of the games that have pre-teen looking kids, sexual content, nudity...and they get by because they state "all characters are of age" or whatever.
I'm just saying...things that offend are RELATIVE, to the individual or to the masses, at any given time! Why is it that games that "offend" today, such as what is mentioned in this topic, are considered valid for censorship. But other games that offend, like pre-teen looking girls lined up for sex in games, or whatever, are NOT considered offensive?
Sorry, it just seems very wishy-washy. Saying a game offends because of how it might portray this race, or that race, or this gender, or whatever is just so nebulous and shallow, depending totally on the society and mob at the time. I personally don't care for it.

Jun 12, 2020, 08:41
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2020, 08:41
Jun 12, 2020, 08:41

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 11, 2020, 14:23:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 11, 2020, 14:10:
Bumpy wrote on Jun 11, 2020, 13:28:
I'm so sick and tired of politically correct sensitivity crap starting ~2 decades ago.
I blame President Abraham Lincoln.

So when is Lord of the Rings going to be banned? Racism against Humans, Elves, Dwarfs, Orcs, Hobbits. Racism is actually a staple of most Fantasy. I mean think of the poor Kenders!

You jest, but...it's just a matter of time. And what's next, since the sensitivity police are never satisfied?
Think of all the feminist discrimination. You know what? All these games that shows female warriors in chainmail bikinis need to go. Every single game, comic book, EVERYTHING...needs to go. Period.
Yeah LOTR goes. Superhero movies with skimpy outfits...gone! Take that arts. Take that all you idiots clamoring for censorship in the name of political correctness.
I can't want till our next lib president, who can create a group that does nothing but censor content that might *possibly* offend someone, somewhere.
Still waiting for hollywood to stop making any movies with guns in them, too.

Re: EU to hit Amazon with antitrust charges over treatment of third-party sellers, report says.
Jun 12, 2020, 08:34
Re: EU to hit Amazon with antitrust charges over treatment of third-party sellers, report says. Jun 12, 2020, 08:34
Jun 12, 2020, 08:34

Translation: EU needs another bonus check.

Re: 'Gone with the Wind' pulled from HBO Max until it can return with 'historical context' - CN
Jun 10, 2020, 17:55
Re: 'Gone with the Wind' pulled from HBO Max until it can return with 'historical context' - CN Jun 10, 2020, 17:55
Jun 10, 2020, 17:55

Beamer wrote on Jun 10, 2020, 17:23:
Drath71 wrote on Jun 10, 2020, 16:43:
It's not often that you realize the start of an Orwellian gulag right at its beginning, time to read Fahrenheit 451 again.

You saw that it's coming back, right? No one is burning it or deleting it.

It stems from a writer saying:
Let me be real clear: I don’t believe in censorship. I don’t think “Gone With the Wind” should be relegated to a vault in Burbank. I would just ask, after a respectful amount of time has passed, that the film be re-introduced to the HBO Max platform along with other films that give a more broad-based and complete picture of what slavery and the Confederacy truly were. Or, perhaps it could be paired with conversations about narratives and why it’s important to have many voices sharing stories from different perspectives rather than merely those reinforcing the views of the prevailing culture.

Putting in context about the Lost Cause movement, or it just being a product of its times, feels completely justified. Acknowledging that it has some abhorrent views that don't reflect today's society, but is still a work of art that stands on its own despite this

Ah, ok just temporary censorship for a film that has been released for 80 years, because it doesn't fit today's "context". Nice to know that the arts are so fickle and that our sensitivity so precious.

Re: 'Gone with the Wind' pulled from HBO Max until it can return with 'historical context' - CN
Jun 10, 2020, 16:43
Re: 'Gone with the Wind' pulled from HBO Max until it can return with 'historical context' - CN Jun 10, 2020, 16:43
Jun 10, 2020, 16:43

It's not often that you realize the start of an Orwellian gulag right at its beginning, time to read Fahrenheit 451 again.

Re: Humble Announces $1M Publishing Fund for Black Developers
Jun 3, 2020, 08:54
Re: Humble Announces $1M Publishing Fund for Black Developers Jun 3, 2020, 08:54
Jun 3, 2020, 08:54

I think it's great for Humble to do this. If a company somewhere decides to establish a fund for asians, native americans, or people from Kansas, fine! It's their money, they absolutely have that right.

The problem is, the PC crowd have made it ok ONLY for certain groups. If Humble at some point decided to establish a fund or asians, I expect the reaction would have been why? Uh oh. Getting close to a certain ARBITRARY line there!

And if they established a fund (again, their money, their decision) for caucasian/european females...uh, ok...a little close to that line but ok!

And you know where I'm going with this. That next choice would have gotten them shut down completely by the new arbitrary rules of the pc elect.

This is the problem. We're fine with Humble or anyone else making a decision with their own money, to support group X, because we feel group X needs the help. But if they decide to help group Y...boom. You're toast.

I support the right of a company/individual to do whatever they want that is legal with their resources, as long as the recipients aren't causing harm to others.

Sadly, that's not always clear cut, and even those with popular support are able to get away with harming others.

Re: Morning Metaverse
May 30, 2020, 07:09
Re: Morning Metaverse May 30, 2020, 07:09
May 30, 2020, 07:09

DarkCntry wrote on May 29, 2020, 17:17:
Drath71 wrote on May 29, 2020, 16:53:
Do I need to reread the article?
Trump tries to end violence, and it's glorifying violence, but allowing the violence to continue is not?

The action he stated, about sending the National Guard, is fine...what he stated after that, which trumpets a very well known historical event regarding race, is definitely the problematic part.

What? Trumpets? I've never associated trumpets with anything regarding race, did I miss some heightened-race awareness sensitivity courses in college?
It's gonna be a rough 4 more years. Goofy Trump says "Go get some sunshine", Goofy left screams "stay inside, he wants you to burn in a gas chamber!!" Goofy Trump says "Stay Inside", Goofy Left screams "Go outside, he wants you to live in fear!!"

Re: Morning Metaverse
May 29, 2020, 16:53
Re: Morning Metaverse May 29, 2020, 16:53
May 29, 2020, 16:53

Do I need to reread the article?
Trump tries to end violence, and it's glorifying violence, but allowing the violence to continue is not?

Apr 12, 2020, 20:37
Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2020, 20:37
Apr 12, 2020, 20:37

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 12, 2020, 18:15:
Drath71 wrote on Apr 12, 2020, 17:15:
Right, because the last administration totally took care of the stockpile during his 2 terms. NOT.
And I agree, the current administration is making stupid decisions all around, as did the LAST one. Hence my lack of confidence overall, why give the government any more power than you have to. The big government you love one year may become the monster the next, so why give it great power over your life?

A functional, fair government is the only defense citizens have against for profit corporations. End of story.

I disagree that it's "big government" when it comes to dealing with things like global pandemics... what for profit corporation would you suggest we let profiteer off people dying? I don't think anybody loves the idea of government, it's just the least worst option available to human civilization. Time and time again, history proves to us that for profit solutions DO NOT WORK FOR ALL PROBLEMS. Unregulated businesses immediately cut corners in safety and pollution levels, world wide, let alone the US. The free market does not encourage benevolence or even honesty.

A strong, fair government, with an honest press constantly examining its work, can mix with regulated corporations and actually improve human life.

Of course the reality is our current government in the US(and many other countries) is full of complete pieces of shit, determined to destroy government and give everything to billionaires and their companies, and all attempts at honest media are combatted with organized propaganda, but that's a separate set of problems.

Everybody throwing their hands up in the air and saying "no government!" is childish and will just speed up the downward spiral to corporate kleptocracy. What do you think an average person can do even now, against any of these corporations? Sue them? Be reasonable. The only defense is working to repair the government we have, and getting corporate money out of politics in the future, as soon as possible. This will be diffcult, of course.

Odd, I don't recall saying "no government", so why take it to that extreme?. And I agree a functional fair government is great, but ours has gotten so big, it exists to further itself, and the citizens are seen a vital resource for consumption to keep right on growing.
And nobody but corporations want to be monopolies, the average person certainly doesn't. But like BIG government, there is a balance in there. I'm as much against monopolistic, controlling corporations as I am a monopolistic, controlling government. They're the same thing, but one can force you with a gun to your head, so that makes it even worse.

Apr 12, 2020, 17:15
Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2020, 17:15
Apr 12, 2020, 17:15

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 12, 2020, 14:31:
Drath71 wrote on Apr 12, 2020, 11:32:
A Company Promised Cheap Ventilators to the Government, Never Delivered and Is Now Charging Quadruple the Price for New Ones

Yet more confirmation that the only thing our government needs as little control as possible over things.

If anything, this is an argument for more control over vital devices like this, not less. If only we had somebody in government who was good at making deals, he/she could have gotten the US a good price on these...

Right, because the last administration totally took care of the stockpile during his 2 terms. NOT.
And I agree, the current administration is making stupid decisions all around, as did the LAST one. Hence my lack of confidence overall, why give the government any more power than you have to. The big government you love one year may become the monster the next, so why give it great power over your life?

Apr 12, 2020, 17:12
Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2020, 17:12
Apr 12, 2020, 17:12

What? The stockpile was severely depleted after the H1N1 outbreak of 2009. The stockpile that was created initially by Clinton and further increased by Bush. Obama didn't replenish the stockpile (for almost his entire 2 terms) and Trump didn't either during his first. So both sides are to thank and blame for the situation. Feel free to look it up somewhere factual like politifacts or wikipedia, if you can handle it.
But saying we only have a stockpile at all is because of Obama is, well is either lying or just ignorance. I mean...where do you get your facts, RedEye? TDS anonymous? Sheesh.

Apr 12, 2020, 11:32
Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2020, 11:32
Apr 12, 2020, 11:32

A Company Promised Cheap Ventilators to the Government, Never Delivered and Is Now Charging Quadruple the Price for New Ones

Yet more confirmation that the only thing our government needs as little control as possible over things.

Apr 8, 2020, 08:35
Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2020, 08:35
Apr 8, 2020, 08:35

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 7, 2020, 19:15:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 7, 2020, 18:59:
Wow, does Martin Shkreli have big balls... Shkreli’s plea from prison: Free me and I’ll cure COVID-19
He's on par w/this other fuckstick;
Our current "president" has a ‘Financial Interest’ in the manufacturer of Hydroxychloroquine.
No one could have seen that one coming. /SARCASM

Wait...being worth a lot of money, Trump's money is invested all over. It's called diversification. Investment companies choose where the money goes, heck it's what people normally do.

And it's already been shown his interest in this company is less than 1k. That's NOTHING. If you had any credibility, you would at least go to snopes, or one of the other many places that shows this.
But TDS victims keep putting this out there, even thought 1) they know it's inaccurate and misleading, or 2) they absolutely do NOT want to research this.

Mar 16, 2020, 18:20
Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2020, 18:20
Mar 16, 2020, 18:20

Kxmode wrote on Mar 16, 2020, 14:18:
This article provides great insight into why so many new outbreaks always seem to start in China.

The Asian Flu in 1956 killed between one and four million people worldwide. SARS in 2002 infected 8,098 and killed 774 in seventeen counties. H7N9 emerged ten years later to strike at least 1,223 people and kill four out of every ten of them. Now, the milder, yet more infectious COVID-19 has sickened more than 70,000 across the globe, resulting in 1,771 deaths.

China should take a long hard look at how it handles outbreaks that originate in its country.

They have. Lie, and say other countries started the problem. Call them racist if the facts point to it being China's fault. And threaten them with retaliation if they don't just go along in silence. And get the media to join in.

Re: Saturday Mobilization
Mar 1, 2020, 06:50
Re: Saturday Mobilization Mar 1, 2020, 06:50
Mar 1, 2020, 06:50

Yeah. Windows 10 has worked great for years on my gaming pc and surface pro. Sounds like FUD and wishful thinking.
181 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ] Older