Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for netims

Real Name netims   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dravnt
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 9, 2018, 18:05
Total Comments 39 (Suspect)
User ID 58585

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > I.G.I. Origins Officially Announced

10. Re: I.G.I. Origins Officially Announced Nov 7, 2019, 19:26 Dravnt

Hell yeah!!

Loved this IGI and Delta Force! Great fun games along with original Ghost Recon.

Color me interested!

"Everyone worse than me is a newb. Everyone better than me has no life."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rune II Open Beta Preloads

3. Re: Rune II Open Beta Preloads Sep 18, 2019, 01:25 Dravnt

This one makes me sad. I loved playing the original Rune but the direction the developers took the with the design and gameplay (also making it an exclusive) just killed any desire I have for the second game.

RIP.

News Comments > Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Abuse Allegation

28. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 29, 2019, 00:44 Dravnt

Kxmode wrote on Aug 29, 2019, 00:27:
NKD wrote on Aug 29, 2019, 00:10:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 28, 2019, 22:56:
Saying rape without proof can destroy people's lives and careers.

On the other hand, keeping your mouth shut about someone raping you just because you can't prove it in court allows them to keep raping people. Even if you can't convict someone and get them locked up, sometimes letting people know not to be in a room alone with them is enough.

It's a Pandora's Box. In the court of public opinion, the association of rape will destroy a person's reputation and career, regardless of the truth. Don't think for one minute that someone wouldn't be willing to wield it like a weapon if they know the outcome probability is in their favor. That said, if he genuinely did rape her, then he's trash and deserves to have his career destroyed.

I'm with Kxmode on this one. I've heard/read many stories of rape that were true and needed the person responsible to be locked up and then I've heard/read many stories of rape that were untrue but the person accused had his/her life ruined anyway.

The way the law reads in the USA, the accused is assumed innocent until proven guilty because individuals writing the law would rather allow a guilty person to go free than to have an innocent person locked up (for those who studied law, it is a real ethical/moral question posed and must demand an answer...and you cannot have it both ways because of the paradoxical situation of not 100% knowing the truth of all things). Fictional examples of these situations can be found in many movies such as 12 Angry Men, Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, etc.

It is not good to condemn, have any prejudice or bias regarding individuals accused of rape...at least until all the facts have been ascertained, analyzed, and then judgement has been offered.

As for popcorn, I'm going to have to go with Kettle Corn. I love me some sweet and salty mixes.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic Launches

12. Re: World of Warcraft Classic Launches Aug 27, 2019, 00:45 Dravnt

Butters: I don't play World of Warcraft.
Cartman: Butters, you said you were on your computer all the time.
Butters: Yeah, but I'm playing Hello Kitty: Island Adventure.
[long pause]
Cartman: [sighs] Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer and join the online sensation before we all murder you.
Butters: Oh...all right, then.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Roadmap Includes The Rise of Skywalker

2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Roadmap Includes The Rise of Skywalker Aug 23, 2019, 02:12 Dravnt

Kxmode wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 21:21:
...and, no doubt, The Rise of Microtransactions

ha! love your comment as much as I dislike EA and what they've done to some beloved franchises. Cracks me up how disillusioned they are as a company. "We're not the bad guys! We're gamers like you trying to make a buck in this cold, hard world!"

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint Ghost War Details & Beta Signups

9. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint Ghost War Details & Beta Signups Aug 20, 2019, 20:12 Dravnt

Yeah, I'm out with this game too and NOT because of the technical challenges.

As was mentioned in the comments, this game is like UbiSoft decided to shoot GR in the face and replace it with "The Division in the Jungle."

To further compound the issue, they created a "social hub" wherein you can interact with all kinds of other players...and completely destroys the whole plot and point.

The game is PURELY disappointing and I'm not buying it.

News Comments > Need for Speed Heat Announced

1. Re: RAPE DAY Steam Listing Aug 14, 2019, 11:24 Dravnt

Probably will not be as great as NFSU2. ALL NFS games suck compared to the crazy awesomeness that is NSFU2.  

News Comments > THQ Financials Reveal New Saints Row

5. Re: RAPE DAY Steam Listing Aug 14, 2019, 11:21 Dravnt

YAY!!!! I LOVE Saints Row! Well, I really loved the second, the third was meh, and the fourth was ugh.

Basically as the game series continues, the game's quality and greatness descends. It's sad BUT saying that I still like the game and look forward to it.

Only can we NOT focus so much on Gat? The dude wasn't that great in the second/third but for some reason they made him god in fourth.

Oh and can we please bring back Stoner Shandi from the second game rather than the Bitch Shandi in third/fourth? She was way hotter, funnier, and fun in the second.

News Comments > Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal

18. Re: Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal Aug 6, 2019, 01:44 Dravnt

I'm with you on your statement. It's quite simple: don't buy the product. I don't agree with the direction Epic is taking this so I don't spend my money. Money talks louder than words. If people are really upset, easy solution to be heard.

EricFate wrote on Aug 5, 2019, 23:11:
I've never understood why this is an issue. The game launched on a platform I don't want to buy it on. So I don't buy it until it launches on a platform I use. Problem solved.

News Comments > Spaceland Announced

4. Re: Spaceland Announced Jun 28, 2019, 00:55 Dravnt

Shock wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 16:40:
Inspired by classics of the genre such as XCOM, Laser Squad, and Incubation

And then we took what made those classics good and removed it!

hahahaha I thought the same thing. I watched the video and read the synopsis and was like "uhhh...can I pay extra to have all that stuff y'all removed put back into the game?"

This game is a hard pass for me.

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact

17. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 26, 2019, 14:13 Dravnt

Beamer,

I think you do have a good point but the problem is the powerful greed driving decisions by individual companies.

For example, windfall and increased resources have not changed the buggy mess the SaaS games produced for the last 2+ years from EA. Individual users are now the test monkeys for games, which is why so many of them are either buggy messes on release or games stay in "alpha/greenlight" mode for years.

I think the best example of how to do it right is CD Projekt Red (Witcher series, Cyberpunk 2077) and Rockstar (GTA series, Red Dead Redemption, etc.). I really don't like how Rockstar games are SaaS and how they have a secondary login for cloud saves/purchases but DLC is free and there's no question about quality. And CD Projekt Red is doing amazing work with not only their games but also their supported store front GoG.

Another company doing it right is HumbleBundle, who let's you choose how much percentage goes to the publisher, storefront and developers.

Upshot is we, the gamers, get what we pay for and if we pay a company that encourages pure exclusives while blowing smoke up our asses claiming "it's all for the gamers!", then we only have ourselves to blame for the current state of the industry.

And 30% is very much industry standard among all players (Microsoft Xbox, Android apps, iOS apps, PlayStation, Steam, etc.). It was actually Microsoft that originally set that percentage more than a decade ago and every company followed suit. While it would be nice to dream of a lower percentage charged and with more cash going to developers, it is most likely going to take more than Epic/Sweeney's tiff with Steam/Gabe to change the industry standard.

To be clear, I'm with you, I want change, I want developers to have more cash in their pockets to create games but I also want games to drop back down to $45 for a triple A game, for games to not be exclusive on storefronts, and for DLC to be proper paid expansions. I'd also like for companies to allow modding on their games.

All of this is out the window though as long as big gaming corp is driven by greed and as long as gamers are okay with SaaS software/games.

We are in a worse and worse state of affairs as time goes on because we allow it.

News Comments > Stardock, Paul, and Fred Settle Star Control Lawsuits

2. Re: Stardock, Paul, and Fred Settle Star Control Lawsuits Jun 12, 2019, 15:26 Dravnt

After a year of litigation, the dispute was ultimately solved by Reiche calling Wardell directly, bypassing the lawyers, and the two finding a lot of common ground on a wide range of topics ranging from game design to beekeeping.

"The magic trick to resolving this was just picking up the phone and calling each other directly," said Reiche. "Brad suggested this back in 2017 and it worked! By talking directly to each other, we were actually able to put something together that we both liked before all the legal mumbo-jumbo got in the way."

Once the two talked about what each really cared about, coming to a resolution was swift.

Wat? A year and more spent in disputing, litigation, and just all around being frustrated and then to have a resolution by simply....calling each other up and talking without lawyers?

There's a life lesson in there: don't be a douche, don't get lawyers involved, just talk to the person that's pissed and both strive to earnestly work it out, etc. etc. etc.

So much annoyance, drama, and irritation could have been avoided. What a pointless episode and perhaps that's the greatest life lesson of all: much of the drama we deal with is pointless.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Video

2. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Video Jun 7, 2019, 12:52 Dravnt

My body is ready.  

News Comments > Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II

17. Re: Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II May 23, 2019, 01:41 Dravnt

Gonna be honest: I've lost all interest in this for two reasons:

1) Epic store front exclusive
2) MMO (did a search online; appears they changed this game from being an epic single player experience to some sort of MMO)

Meh! Oh well, got a bunch of other great games to focus on.

News Comments > Epic Mega Sale

14. Re: Epic Mega Sale May 16, 2019, 11:22 Dravnt

Rhett wrote on May 16, 2019, 11:11:
That's cool and all, but it just further highlights how terribly designed the store is.

It's not some goddamned art gallery!

LOL was thinking the same thing. And when I click on the game, there are hardly any details.

Site is shit for sure and the games I searched for that I wanted aren't even in the store.

*yawn* is right.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Update and Free Weekend Tomorrow

2. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Update and Free Weekend Tomorrow May 1, 2019, 20:25 Dravnt

"Shitballs!"  

News Comments > Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement

3. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement Apr 19, 2019, 19:10 Dravnt

WaltC wrote on Apr 19, 2019, 18:45:
I'm almost ashamed to admit I bought the TWII DLC, Call of the Tenebrae. The people who did TW1--well, some of them--are the ones who did this DLC for TWII--only problem is they merely used the TWII engine--as is--and they even had *three* voices for the main character that I heard--and one of the voice-overs consisted of just sound files cut & pasted straight from the TWII game! Like, "NNnnnnn-nnnnnah!" and "Heh! Hahahaha," etc. Aside from the main player character in the DLC, the rest of the voice overs were done by the *exact same people* who did the voice overs in TW1! Honestly, the DLC was "worth" maybe $1.99, and that's being charitable.

True, the $9.99 I paid didn't burst the bank...;)...and I don't like to criticize software unless I sincerely feel it deserves it and then I am somewhat merciless. I hate false advertising in computer hardware and software marketing--Been around the "I felt utterly misled block" several times myself before catching on. It's something we all go through, though--but if I can save someone else some money and needless angst--I'm there.

In all seriousness, CotTenebrae resembled nothing so much as a very amateurish mod when released--I've had much better mods for free--most people have. It's possible that this last bit of DLC will be much better than CoT--but somehow I doubt it. But I will enthusiastically eat my words if it is much better--I hope it is!

The reason that most people thought that TWII was better than TW1 had to do with the fact that an entirely different development team did TWII, new engine, etc.--and it shows. Now, I like TW1--I still run it @ 3840x2160 these days--and it has a lot of charm! It's a decent game--a collector's item. But TWII was better all the way around, I thought--production values, voice acting, the whole shebang. But as I mentioned, the TWII DLC CoT dropped those production values and dropped back to a level much worse than even TW1, imo.

So Caveat Emptor on this upcoming DLC. And of course, where TWIII might actually be is anyone's guess!

At least they're doing high fantasy the correct way and include female characters with bewb armor.

News Comments > Get Transistor Free on the Epic Games Store

5. Re: Get Transistor Free on the Epic Games Store Apr 18, 2019, 19:32 Dravnt

I'll snag it for free...and that's it.

I got Subnautica for free and that's it as well.

I'm not going to pay for anything on Epic but if they give it away, well that's fine.

News Comments > Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free

10. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 17, 2019, 18:57 Dravnt

Slick wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 18:44:
I think I'm the only one who really liked Unity, and I still play it from time to time.

To me it's the last true "classic" Assassins Creed experience.

The British one after that had wide empty streets, and felt very disjointed. After that we've had just the open-world "Witcher knockoff" ones, and before Unity there was Black Flag.

Unity was a perfectly tight singleplayer experience. great cutscenes, I liked the characters, the architecture was the best I've seen in any AssCred game to date, just so much detail, crowded streets with several hundred NPCs onscreen at the same time...

It was buggy at launch, but that's the only bad i can say about it.

You ain't the only one that liked Unity, Slick.

I enjoyed Unity too. I particularly enjoyed playing the co-op with friends. Really wish they made more Ass Creed games with co-op but apparently that's not a big selling point for introverted gamers that like single playing games.... ? Who'da thought!?

News Comments > Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September

37. Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 15:34 Dravnt

Primalchrome wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 11:13:
Whelp...the just lost three sales and a season pass on release day. Looks like I'll be waiting 6-12 months for a Steam release....or maybe another few until it hits the bargain bin. Frustrating as hell, because I really love Borderlands.

And before people start in with the puerile accusations :
- I don't want *another* launcher.
- Exclusivity is anti consumer.
- Epic's support is abysmal.
- Tencent.
- Steam has a feature rich client (that admittedly needs an overhaul).....Epic has a friends list.
- Valve develops a variety of projects that push forward PCGaming....Epic leverages an engine solely for profit.

100% agree. I'm not interested in buying on multiple platforms and definitely not interested in giving Epic any of my money.

39 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >