Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for webber

Real Name webber   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 21, 2017, 02:10
Total Comments 21 (Suspect)
User ID 58556

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light 2 Announced
15. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 15:39 webber

Oh man, I hope this has full coop campaign again!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Forest Released; VR Support Next Month
2. Re: The Forest Released; VR Support Next Month Apr 30, 2018, 22:09 webber

Can't wait to play it again. New alternate ending? Even better.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 27, 2018, 06:04 webber

X-Morph is awesome! Highly recommended.  

News Comments > Unreal Engine Ray Tracing
14. Re: Unreal Engine Ray Tracing Mar 22, 2018, 16:23 webber

One more vote for dynamic and destructible environments.

DangerDog wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 15:53:
Now if they could only get the writing to match the level of fidelity of the imagery created.
Also this.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 22, 2018, 16:14 webber

If you are thinking that even a human would have had trouble avoiding this accident and thus making an excuse for the machine, you are utterly wrong. The machine is not supposed to have the trouble. Ironically, self driving cars are chock full of tech that gives an advantage over human drivers in exactly these conditions. The tech should be much better at recognizing someone in black clothes in the darkest night, it doesn't even matter if the headlights are on of off. The angle and speed of the jaywalker isn't supposed to matter either, because the car isn't just staring ahead, like a human. And finally, a human might have hit the brakes too late, but at least hit them. This looks like the car didn't notice anything at all and never hit the brakes. Total fail.  

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Mar 22, 2018, 15:59 webber

Please don't write as if you mean to imply that being critical of SJWs, Kotaku, Gawker or Sarkeesian leads you to shooting and running over people.  

News Comments > Hunt Showdown Early Access
6. Re: Hunt Showdown Early Access Feb 23, 2018, 18:42 webber

I was in the Alpha and couldn't ever connect to the server backend. There were some suggestions in the forums to open several thousand ports and trigger some others. I can only open port ranges of 250 ports at a time and I couldn't figure out how to setup port triggering. You also should disable Nvidia Overlay, flush DNS and several other suggestions that seemed unrelated to the others and nonsensical. I guess also jump up 3 times and turn in a circle counterclockwise, should help. And then I read that some people still can't connect after going through all that.

Judging by the Early Access forums, this error is still not fixed. So I'm not sure what they ended the Alpha for and entered Early Access if they can't even get their server backend to work properly and a significant amount of potential testers can't even connect and start up the game.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
12. Re: Saturday Previews Feb 10, 2018, 23:26 webber

Fake, lame and clickbait. Please remove this crap.  

News Comments > Far Cry Season Pass Details
1. Re: Far Cry Season Pass Details Feb 2, 2018, 19:04 webber

Ok, so are Vietnam, Zombies and Mars Singleplayer only or are they Coop?  

News Comments > BATTALION 1944 Early Access
6. Re: BATTALION 1944 Early Access Feb 2, 2018, 10:25 webber

The launcher didn't work properly, it didn't start from Steam and I couldn't select a Region. No region select, no "play" button. So I try to start the launcher from the folder instead and it finally works, but it's unable to start the game. Immediately get a UEngine crash instead.

So I take a look around the game files. There are several launchers and game exes. WTF, how do you manage to upload your game to Steam without cleaning this mess up. And a look in the Steam discussions confirms that I'm not the only one who can't get the game to launch. And the people who can launch it, can't find a server.

News Comments > This is the Police 2 Announced
2. Re: This is the Police 2 Announced Feb 1, 2018, 19:13 webber

First game was nice, but I always wanted more of the police management and have it be less random. The story got boring, frustrating and sometimes cringeworthy. It seems they are going even further in that direction with the sequel, as I've found the entire trailer to be cringeworthy.  

News Comments > Forged Battalion Early Access
1. Re: Forged Battalion Early Access Jan 17, 2018, 03:13 webber

I see there is still no range to the action at all and the pathfinding and targeting is still the same joke it was 20 years ago. Don't get me wrong, it was ok 20 years ago, but if veterans of the genre try to revive and reimagine the RTS you'd think they'd waste a thought on the basics. Instead you still have units lumping together like furrballs and driving up to clostest possible range while shooting. Imagine this kind of behavior from the bots in FPS. Imagine every FPS having enemies that do nothing but run up to your face. While ok for some fun arcade shooter like Serious Sam, imagine having this behavior in every single FPS for the last 20 years. That's the state of RTS.  

News Comments > Q.U.B.E. 2 Trailer
4. Re: Q.U.B.E. 2 Trailer Jan 16, 2018, 18:27 webber

So is there a way to play the original version? Or are you always forced to play the Director's Cut now?  

News Comments > Warparty Announced
3. Re: Warparty Announced Jan 15, 2018, 15:11 webber

Looks MOBA-ish with the heroes and the maps that appear to consist of corridors instead of having free space to build and maneuver. And the style reminds me of free mobile games. How is this old school RTS?  

News Comments > Outpost Zero Announced
4. Re: Outpost Zero Announced Jan 12, 2018, 15:36 webber

Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 22:58:
Looks like it could be ok. Love the 80s synth music. Makes me want to drive through Manhattan on a Saturday night in a DeLorean.

Edit: Wow, the music is from a Swedish chick - Moonraccoon - does all kinds of crazy good 80s synth music.

Thanks to your edit I'm now listening to her album on Bandcamp. Thanks man!

Regarding the game and the endless supply of (scifi themed) survival crafting games... the more there are the higher the chance of one finally not being total crap ...right?

News Comments > Subnautica This Month
12. Re: Subnautica This Month Jan 9, 2018, 17:01 webber

ItBurn wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 12:53:
This really needs coop.
Afaik they abandoned all plans for coop very early in the dev process.

Question: will this go up in price when it leaves EA or will it remain the same?

News Comments > The Station Next Month
3. Re: The Station Next Month Jan 8, 2018, 22:06 webber

Walking simulator?  

News Comments > Morning Patches
16. Re: Morning Patches Nov 22, 2017, 15:10 webber

He was asking if the EE mod is the mod that makes Geralt fight properly. Upon seeing the EE video he realized that it is not. So I assume there's another mod that actually does fix the swordplay.  

14. Re: Morning Patches Nov 22, 2017, 11:28 webber

In the news about the Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition mod someone commented
yuastnav wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 06:58:
Is this the mod that makes Geralt actually fight properly and not dance around like a ballerina?
[edit]
Looking at this video the answer is no. It is not.
I just wanna know which mod he meant, a mod that creates a less mindless hack n' slash swordplay without going as over the top as EE. I have no idea what any of this has to do with kiddie games or Nintendo or whatever.

11. Re: Morning Patches Nov 22, 2017, 07:21 webber

Which mod do you need if you want the combat to be less of a hack, slash, dance?  

21 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo