Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for William Rubin

Real Name William Rubin   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 23, 2017, 14:43
Total Comments 9 (Suspect)
User ID 58483
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 3, 2018, 17:52 William Rubin
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 21:21:
This issue isn't exploitable over the web anyhow.

Probably/possibly not true. Proof of Concept code, written in JavaScript, may exist, from the same people who discovered the bug.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 28, 2017, 15:46 William Rubin
"Big titles must wait"

I misread this, and man, I did a double take.
News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2017, 19:58 William Rubin
I think you over-rate Eli, but I still agree with you.

No way to treat the man.
News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Aug 12, 2017, 00:23 William Rubin
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 00:14:
I would think any initiative that puts anyone who wants to work at a company at a substantial disadvantage because of race or sex

Seeing that there's a unwarranted minority of women at Blizzard, and their high turnover rate, the evidence suggests they are the ones at "a substantial disadvantage".

Which leads me to a question: I'm curious as why men currently being at a substantial advantage didn't warrant a mention.

And they specifically said what they were going to do, which isn't a quota. That also explicitly stated that they wouldn't have quotas. Yet you talk like they are instituting quotas, which are almost always used to limit women and minority candidates, not help them. Quotas are almost always used as a low ceiling, not a floor.

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 00:14:
Because negotiating for a better wage when the only reason you got hired over an equally skilled male/majority was that you looked like a female/minority is gonna put you at a huge disadvantage.

It's obvious that you've got that backwards. White men aren't always hired because they're more qualified, but often because they are white men. In this country, being a white man is often a qualification in and of itself.
7. Re: etc., etc. Aug 11, 2017, 23:32 William Rubin
Actually, the only question that matters is what does their desire to make the company friendlier to women have to do with making it unwelcome to white males?

That's a paranoid statement.
5. Re: etc., etc. Aug 11, 2017, 22:43 William Rubin
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 11, 2017, 20:57:
And the best part
"We wanted to create a world where everyone was welcome."

Except, you know, white males
You mean the vast majority of the company? From the founders on down?

Maybe you should think that statement through.
News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 8, 2017, 14:37 William Rubin
Suggested response: Journalists should spend more time reporting on wars, less on banging their cohosts…

Ice. Cold.
News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2017, 17:44 William Rubin
And there's the problem with bad employers right there. Instead of wasting money on that sort of nonsense pay/treat your employees better and you won't have to worry about them quitting.

No, that's the problem with corporate America. Companies are arguably legally bound to do nothing but seek and maximize profit, so there is no reason to consider whether or not profit-seeking causes any harm to society, the environment, or in cases like these, employees.
9 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News logo