Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rev. Peter White

Real Name Rev. Peter White   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname GothicWizard
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 17, 2017, 14:20
Total Comments 23 (Suspect)
User ID 58470

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Obsidian Tease
20. Re: Obsidian Tease Nov 10, 2017, 19:42 GothicWizard

A former Obsidian employee told me Cain and company (ex-fallout guys) at Obsidian are working on their own post apoc CRPG (so this way they own the IP) and that is the big game under wraps that has been in development for some time. If anything I'd suggest this is what they are going to announce.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout Turning 20: Get a Free Copy
13. Re: Fallout Turning 20: Get a Free Copy Sep 30, 2017, 17:29 GothicWizard

El Pit wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 15:11:
heroin wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 12:19:
7 years since Beth decided to screw it up.

Opinions, opinions...

It is, a very valid opinion however that is shared by many. The story in FO3 is academic and poor, FO4 is better but still missing a lot of the dark humor and witty writing. But I do give them props for 4 being better however. Both the writing and story in FO 3 and 4 are not in the same ballpark as Fo 1, 2 or NV. BIS and Obsidian had, have excellent writers. Beth has excellent designers and programmers. If beth would have contracted Obsidian for a story, the writing and beth just did the technical aspect it would be a ideal game. Outside of high fantasy beth can't write themselves out of a wet paper bag when put up against a studio like Obsidian, Larian, CDP or the like.

Beth makes excellent action adventure sandbox games, those other studios make great CRPGs. That's the difference. and beth seems to want to turn FO into a action adventure sandbox game and get away from the RPG aspects.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
45. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 27, 2017, 17:15 GothicWizard

jdreyer wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 04:31:
"See that crater over there? The entirety of Skyrim would fit inside that crater."

Well, yeah, because Skyrim is intentionally compressed to allow players to quickly traverse to get to where they're going and discover places quickly. It respects the player's time. And even then, it's possible to spend 100s of hours playing Skyrim.

Best. Retort. Ever.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
14. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 26, 2017, 15:31 GothicWizard

This 'game' (more like future case study in various psyche courses) gives a whole new meaning to slow motion train wreck.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends
31. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 23:32 GothicWizard

Warskull wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 20:44:

Everyone knew it would eventually happen, even if some gamers were in denial. Bioware managed to retain its quality and not get EAified much longer than the average EA acquisition. EA bought them back in 2007. While there were signs of problems before this, 10 years under EAs umbrella without falling apart is pretty impressive. EA usually rots a studio out in 5.

That's a valid point. Though one could make the argument the downward spiral started with the hot mess that was DA 2.

30. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 23:28 GothicWizard

Orogogus wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 16:21:

Your post history only goes back to February 2017.

I knew some hero was going to split hairs over that. This is my new account, I couldn't recovered my old. I believe I set the account email to an email I no longer have as I let that domain expire.

8. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 14:49 GothicWizard

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 14:22:
Hey Captain New's Flash, we knew this was going to happen as soon as it was announced. Why? Um... Maxis, Murky Foot, Bullfrog, Dice (not as bad as the others) etc, etc, etc.

Go back and see the heat I took for saying so back then soon after the purchase. Many online felt otherwise. And thanks for proving my point as to why I said so. History.. doomed to repeat.. etc

5. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 13:18 GothicWizard

Icewind wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 12:46:

As someone who interviews and hires people for my company, I can tell you that these millennials work very cheaply.

I'm betting that revolving door of cheap, wide-eyed, day-dreaming millennial fresh meat is too tantalizing for BioWare to abandon.

The culture there is dead anyway, since the people who were around during the days when "CRPG" meant something are long gone.

When EA bought BW I was on the beginning of the end bandwagon and took a LOT of heat for that view. Everyone was like 'oh they still have the core dev there it will be fine'. I said within 6 months you will start seeing the exit of those core devs, mgt and it will just be a circling the drain affair as time goes on until it's just a shell of BW in name only. I was laughed at on their forums and here.

I am not above saying, I told you so.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2017, 17:48 GothicWizard

Alex Jones is either totally insane or the best PR/huckster since RonCo.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Jul 25, 2017, 21:25 GothicWizard

GTAO lost me when they do very little to crack down on exploiters and people using cheat tools. Can't justify spending a dime more when the devs let their game be the wild west. They could force use of punkbuster or something similar but don't. I suppose as long as the mindless kiddies keep using daddys credit card to pump money into the game there is no real motivation for RS to do much aside from lip service.  

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping XP and Vista Support
14. Re: Blizzard Dropping XP and Vista Support Jul 20, 2017, 18:04 GothicWizard

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 10:26:
Assuming Microsoft doesn't change their course again and release another reasonable OS (it would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath).

There is not going to be another OS. Win10 is the base line. They will add, modify it but it's going to be win10. They are in essence taking the mac X approach from all the interviews I've read.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2017, 20:50 GothicWizard

Fantaz wrote on Jul 16, 2017, 18:58:
R.I.P. George Romero

the inventor of zombies

He didn't "invent" the idea or concept. Predated him quite a bit. Check out Voodoo/Hoodoo mysticism or farther back to the African roots of the mythos. He simply popularized it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 27, 2017, 09:35 GothicWizard

The 1800X is going to be my next mobo\CPU combo.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
21. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 20:43 GothicWizard

I stopped playing GTA5 for the simple fact the cheating mods were killing the game for me. Just trying to play the game and some kid who can't play the game as intended starts spawning cars, insta-killing other players, making themselves invulnerable, etc. it just took my enjoyment from the game. So Frankly don't care if they lock the game tighter then fort knox for modding if it stops the script kiddies. Be nice to play the game again without these twerps with self confidence issues.  

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Discussion
13. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 22:33 GothicWizard

Either make it available on Steam or frankly, STFU Bioware. I am not installing an entire second client just to play your games.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
23. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 20, 2017, 20:02 GothicWizard

About a century ago I am quite sure there were a bunch of blacksmiths pinning for the good old days as they watched the industrial revolution swallow up their job. The old economy changed with the new. Now we are undergoing a massive change again and the industrial revolution, blue collar jobs are now the old economy and tech, services are the new.

Same difference here those die makers and retails jobs (blacksmiths) are giving way to the tech revolution to IT jobs, robotic engineering, solar tech, etc. Hot tip all these automated robots they need someone to design, test and build them and then service them. yes you lost a $8 hr job flipping burgers but gained a $18+ service repair job or a $30 robotic engineer job.

The economy is changing and nothing is going to stop it. People need to accept it, stop living in the past and realize those 'blacksmith' jobs are not coming back. BUT new job markets are being created or expanded in this new economy. All change like this is difficult and there will be growing pains. So let's work on re-training programs and related education programs rather then trying to stop progress, because history shows that's a futile waste of time.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 18, 2017, 21:50 GothicWizard

The silence of the FCC actions from trump supporters speaks volumes.  

42. Re: Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2017, 21:47 GothicWizard

Bundy wrote on May 18, 2017, 14:27:
And not a gaggle of liberal pussies.

Funny, I don't want to watch a show that reminds me of a bunch of under educated, selfish conservative pricks.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 20, 2017, 20:24 GothicWizard

Just reading the backstory it seems a cheap knock off of merging Twilight 2000 and Fallout.

http://www.ConanExiles.news

News Comments > Conan Exiles Adds New Map
2. Re: Conan Exiles Adds New Map Apr 7, 2017, 22:32 GothicWizard

Cutter wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 22:25:
Looks pretty coo. How's this coming along?

It's coming along quite well and I really like it, of course is alpha so there are issues but far more works then does not. If you want to follow the latest news www.conanexiles.news

23 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo