Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rev. Peter White

Real Name Rev. Peter White   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname GothicWizard
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 17, 2017, 14:20
Total Comments 44 (Suspect)
User ID 58470

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Phoenix Point Delayed
9. Re: Phoenix Point Delayed May 16, 2018, 20:22 GothicWizard

I saw video of people playing the Alpha, read about it. It seems I am the one in the minority that this game does not do anything for me. Odd since I have hundreds of hrs in XCom 1 and 2. I suppose it is just the setting, I find it off putting and just to odd. Like of mix of Wasteland and XCom 2. Just does not interest me at all, just to weird for my taste I suppose.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launch Plans
1. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launch Plans Mar 25, 2018, 17:11 GothicWizard

NWN1 used a poor ruleset (3.5 is far superior), dated GFX even on release (what happens when a game is in dev for 5 years) and now just plain painful to look at and a subpar main story which amounted to a mix of convoluted motives of the main NPC and a giant fedex quest. The ONLY redeeming quality of it was the MP/toolset. If it wasn't for that just on it's raw SP quality it wouldn't be on anyone's list higher then temple of EE. Quite forgettable.

NWN2 was far superior in both story, GFX and gameplay. Why they are hell bent on putting more time into this hot mess and not NWN2 is perplexing.

News Comments > Funcom Announcement Plans
8. Re: Funcom Announcement Plans Feb 24, 2018, 14:32 GothicWizard

In fairness AoC wasn't bad per se it had some really good ideas and what was there was well done. The visceral combat, true to source material art direction, settings and stories to name some. Sadly it was simply incomplete on release and by the time they did get it up to par by the first expansion it was too late.  

News Comments > Jess Cliffe Arrest Details
13. Re: Jess Cliffe Arrest Details Feb 3, 2018, 17:55 GothicWizard

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 3, 2018, 17:09:

This feels...absurd. She lies, and HE's in trouble for it? That's so amazingly broken. What if he'd asked for ID, and she produced a fake? Is he supposed to know how to spot a fake ID?

The only thing in this trial that isn't related to her age is the non-consentual filming. And if she lied about her age, who's to say she wasn't ok with the filming AT THE TIME, and is now saying she wasn't? I think the whole #metoo thing has made me EXTREMELY skeptical of women claiming lack of consent.

I was with you until the last sentence. so the #metoo movement has had the opposite effect on you then it's intent. Very disappointing. Statistically speaking in the US the studies done on women who claim fake assault on average is 3%. The whole there is rampant women making false claims against men is a fake narrative. The VAST majority of claims are valid.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Feb 3, 2018, 13:18 GothicWizard

Fuck NWN1, they need to update the remaster NWN2, far superior in FX, story, game mechanics and toolset ability.  

News Comments > Jess Cliffe Arrest Details
5. Re: Jess Cliffe Arrest Details Feb 3, 2018, 13:15 GothicWizard

Cutter wrote on Feb 3, 2018, 12:53:
So he thought she was legal, can't fault him for that. The recordings you can.

Totally agree, I am sure the site is 18+ so she lied to get access by saying she was 18 (which I am fairly confidant she did, young girls are fairly predictable in these types of cases) he'd have no reason to worry about statutory rape. That said, 16 or 46 does not matter recording someone without their consent privately is illegal, especially when sexual acts are involved. So there is plenty of wrong and blame to go around on both parties IMO.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jan 16, 2018, 00:23 GothicWizard

jimeh wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 21:23:
Someone call a necromancer; this is gonna be awesome!

I look forward to the day when someone close to you dies and are greeted by jokes and a cavalier attitude.

News Comments > CCP vs EVE Online Botting
3. Re: CCP vs EVE Online Botting Jan 16, 2018, 00:19 GothicWizard

After CCP fucked the vampire MMO due to massive ineptitude and lack of leadership I am awaiting the day they finally implode.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jan 8, 2018, 19:21 GothicWizard

The sims just prints money for EA. Like or dislike EA that is an amazing cash cow they have.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jan 8, 2018, 19:19 GothicWizard

So my last post on this topic was deleted, but the core question is still valid what is the love this site has with CCG? This is the only site that gives their religious biased viewpoint any heed. I should start pagan centered gamer and see if blues will post just as much from a site named that as CCG. For the record, any reviews on PCG will just be reviews, pagans aren't stuck up about our gaming.  

News Comments > Christmas Previews
1. Re: Christmas Previews Dec 26, 2017, 19:09 GothicWizard

This is the only site that gives CCG any notice. I have to wonder if I start up Pagan Centered Gamer if blues will trip over themselves to post my reviews too. But wait.. us Wiccans, druids, Hindu's and the like as a whole do not have a stick up our ass, we simply play games we enjoy and don't worry if playing such with send us to same made up fire place. chuckle  

News Comments > Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks
20. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 20, 2017, 22:14 GothicWizard

LMAO... oh my gods, this comment section is fucking gold. I am almost crying you guys are making me laugh so hard.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 18, 2017, 01:11 GothicWizard

How in blue hell is GTA 5 STILL selling this well? Due to the cheating, hacking tools the official online play is a mess. Kudos to RS I just don't grasp it.  

News Comments > Obsidian Denounces Loot Boxes and Microtransactions
32. Re: Obsidian Denounces Loot Boxes and Microtransactions Dec 18, 2017, 01:07 GothicWizard

Jerykk wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 04:00:
If Obsidian did make another Vampire game with Paradox, it most certainly would not be 3D. Paradox doesn't have the money to make a 3D RPG like Bloodlines. It would likely be a 2D, isometric affair which I'm fine with but a lot of people wouldn't be.

I am not saying either case, I don't know the particulars of what specific ideas or discussions were had. Only that some causal conversations about acquiring the VtM license from paradox to do a vampire game were had and if they do end up doing such
Tim/Len will be a big part of the project. Other then that it's all speculation on my part.

That said I can think of worse things to buy then a NWN2 style VtM CRPG. I'd be in.

27. Re: Obsidian Denounces Loot Boxes and Microtransactions Dec 17, 2017, 01:22 GothicWizard

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 20:01:
GothicWizard wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 19:10:
Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 10:30:
Hope Tim is doing something in the vein of Fallout. I'd rather see a new CRPG in some setting other than high fantasy, particularly from him.

I have it from a former employee they are working on their own post apoc CRPG. Since Obsidian can't get Fallout they decided to make their own fallout like IP with the original Fallout devs.

Seeing as Tim and Len were Fallout I'm pretty fucking stoked if that's the case. Regardless, Tim is one of my fave game devs so it'll be day one for me regardless of what it is but a new post-apoc game from him would be win icing on the awesome cake!

Cake

Then you may also be excited to hear after this game, assuming it does well, there has been some talks in making another VtM game, a bloodlines spiritual successor if you will. Since Obsidian already has a working relationship with the new owners of the vampire IP it would make sense.

FYI

20. Re: Obsidian Denounces Loot Boxes and Microtransactions Dec 16, 2017, 19:10 GothicWizard

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 10:30:
Hope Tim is doing something in the vein of Fallout. I'd rather see a new CRPG in some setting other than high fantasy, particularly from him.

I have it from a former employee they are working on their own post apoc CRPG. Since Obsidian can't get Fallout they decided to make their own fallout like IP with the original Fallout devs.

News Comments > Conan Exiles in May
19. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 18:21 GothicWizard

[quote="Cutter"Dec 12, 2017, 09:25"25394

Have you looked at the recent reviews?

So mostly complaining about a alpha game being in.. alpha.. yea... ok.

18. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 18:20 GothicWizard

[quote="SacredGinmill"Dec 12, 2017, 09:18"14727

Eventually though, the issue with your base getting raided while offline soured the experience. I don't think any of these games have figured out a solution for this.

That is already a 'fix' for that, a server setting where you can make buildings, containers indestructible (or flag as such during certain times, days even). Thus sure you may be able to find a way in but if all your materials are in a container the 'raiders' won't have much to take.

4. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 00:06 GothicWizard

Added another landmass with new creatures and weather, introduced climbing, fishing, new buildings and crafting, fleshed out combat and heat/cold effects and lots of tweaking and balancing of course. All in all they have done some amazing additions.  

2. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 11, 2017, 21:56 GothicWizard

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 20:14:
Game still sounds like a hot mess. Too bad I was hoping it was going to be good.

Hot mess how exactly? I have been playing it for quite a while and it is very enjoyable. The strides it has taken is leaps and bounds from 6 months ago.

44 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo