Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Rev. Peter White

Real Name Rev. Peter White   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname GothicWizard
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On February 17, 2017
Supporter -
Total Comments 95 (Suspect)
User ID 58470

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Multiplex

2. Re: Evening Multiplex Jan 13, 2020, 21:27 GothicWizard

I forego all NoClip videos after their "interviews" is little more then a extra long ad for whatever developer they are interviewing. No real hard hitting or thought provoking questions just the same softball after softball I am to scared to lose access so I am going to make this "interview" just one big positive PR piece for you questions.

The guy running it has to grow some backbone and put his big boy pants on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment

23. Re: Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment Jan 9, 2020, 17:53 GothicWizard

At this rate they may actually get on par with second life someday of players per instance.... you know a game almost 20 yrs old..  

News Comments > I Am Jesus Christ Revealed

11. Re: I Am Jesus Christ Revealed Dec 6, 2019, 23:10 GothicWizard

So another indie quality fantasy game with silly story. Got it.  

News Comments > Epic Sues Another Tester Over Fortnite Leaks

3. Re: Epic Sues Another Tester Over Fortnite Leaks Nov 12, 2019, 20:21 GothicWizard

You fought the law and the law won. shrug

Don't be an idiot next time and break a NDA in FRONT OF A SECURITY CAMERA.

facepalm

He got what he deserved both in a legal sense in a Darwin sense for being a moron.

News Comments > Op Ed

39. Re: Op Ed Nov 8, 2019, 19:10 GothicWizard

If you don't like CRPGs then don't fucking play CRPGs. It's not that damn difficult. You want a RPG-lite game 100 console games can fill that need of yours. Some of us have more of a attention span then a gold fish and don't need instant gratification.  

News Comments > Australian Fallout 76 Refund Fallout

12. Re: Australian Fallout 76 Refund Fallout Nov 1, 2019, 17:06 GothicWizard

mxmissile wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 16:34:
Cutter wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 16:22:
Must be nice to have a government looking out for its citizens rights as consumers.

NOT the gov's job. The last thing I want is Trump looking out for my rights. If your stupid enough to pre-order games and even more stupid to buy a game after shitty reviews, well then that's on you, not ANY gov.

You need to take a civics class. That is the LITERAL definition of the gov't, to protect its citizens.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Heavy Metal Next Month

4. Re: BATTLETECH Heavy Metal Next Month Oct 20, 2019, 11:25 GothicWizard

edaciousx wrote on Oct 20, 2019, 03:26:
seems like the game has gone off cannon with the addition of clan weapons... what a bummer.

If you want to be a no fun purist that's fine, just don't buy it. The rest of us can't wait!

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong Announced

7. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong Announced Oct 20, 2019, 11:21 GothicWizard

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 17:13:
I love Vampire as much as anyone, but the WoD is such a BIG universe. I wish we would see some of the other properties come out such as Mage, Hunter, Wraith, etc.

So they can sell 20 copies? They are not nearly as popular as VtM thus they want to sell product and reach as many people as possible. Look at the book sales of the brands and tell me as a business person which franchise you'd want to invent your money in to see the best return.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Delayed

5. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Delayed Oct 16, 2019, 19:41 GothicWizard

Honestly. Who DIDN'T see this delay coming? Days after it was announced I posted the release makes 0 sense. A "near AAA game" that began production in aug 2016 and was going to release q1 2020? If you didn't see this delay being announced a MILE away you were sleeping. As I said in my initial post won't be released until at LEAST Q3 2020.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2019, 18:10 GothicWizard

Frans wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 03:38:
GothicWizard wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 22:03:
why not just migrate over to something like DNN or XOPPS or another CMS that has all that functionality built in (and more)?
Because they don't.

And because of a number of other factors Blue and I considered, and then decided to stick with Blammo, before I went ahead and implemented a whole bunch of improvements a decade ago.
And yes, we reviewed that decision last Winter, and it came out to the same result again.

I have used DNN for years, it has a mobile option built in which most skins support. But hey, reinvent the wheel out of old school mentality or stubbornness. Not my time that is being wasted. My site renders mobile clients just fine

News Comments > Out of the Blue

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2019, 22:03 GothicWizard

Rather then reinvent the wheel (which granted you seem to love to do with this site) why not just migrate over to something like DNN or XOPPS or another CMS that has all that functionality built in (and more)?  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York Nears

5. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York Nears Oct 8, 2019, 18:10 GothicWizard

Choose your own adventure "game".  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Gets Debaucheries of Derketo DLC

1. Re: Conan Exiles Gets Debaucheries of Derketo DLC Oct 8, 2019, 18:09 GothicWizard

NICE! CE is one of the best MP/CoOp games out there at the moment.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Getting Mounts

9. Re: Conan Exiles Getting Mounts Sep 27, 2019, 18:21 GothicWizard

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 27, 2019, 13:13:
I wonder why it took them so long to have mounts?"

Because to implement mounts w/ combat it is fucking expensive.

To put this in context I was acquaintances with Ferret the original project lead of Neverwinter Nights 2. He told me a year before release they did a cost analysis of adding mounts and mounted combat in the game. With the cost of animation, art, programming and Q/A it was just over a million dollars just for that ONE feature. They decided that was too large a percentage of the budget for just one feature, so hence why mounts were not included.

I would make a educated guess during initial dev of CE they did a similar analysis and came to the same conclusion. However the difference is CE has money still coming in from the stream of DLC and much stronger MP concept. So they could wait and put it in down the line.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC

28. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 18:28 GothicWizard

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 16:02:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 12:58:
It's not taking resources away from sp so no harm no foul.

Of course it is. They only have number x employees and.. *snip*

How many game dev teams have you been a part of exactly?

27. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 18:25 GothicWizard

Creston wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 13:21:

Sadly, as previous attempts at player-created missions have shown, most people will just create garbage, or exploitative missions. :\

Not true at all LOTS of SOLID content in NWN1 & 2 and more recently Conan Exiles who both did the toolkit/server model. His GTA example was a poorly made one, the ones I give are much better of how to do such properly.

26. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 18:22 GothicWizard

Fion wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 12:35:
Personally I'm hoping for semi-persistant multiplayer, with strong tools to let us create missions and events to share.

So you want a Neverwinter Nights 2 or Conan Exiles toolkit/server apps for CP2077. That would be pretty fantastic.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Tyrants of the Moonsea

2. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Tyrants of the Moonsea Aug 23, 2019, 22:26 GothicWizard

How about do this to NWN2? Far better game mechanics and GFX. NWN1 looked out of date on release. Still makes my eyes bleed.  

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 Preloads

22. Re: No Borderlands 3 Preloads Aug 13, 2019, 19:58 GothicWizard

And I am over here with Steam that will pre-load CP2077 and VTMB2 without issue. Just like I pre-loaded GTA V, Civ6, MK11 and others. It's calls a platform that is mature and built with forethought vs one rushed out. Marvel vs DCEU all over again.  

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Trailer

6. Re: The Outer Worlds Trailer Aug 3, 2019, 19:07 GothicWizard

Was semi interested until the exclusive BS. When it comes to steam I may check it out.

AS a side note, when I was told 2+ yrs ago by a Obsidian dev the former FO devs were working on a 'post apoc' style game this is not what I had in mind honestly. Still not sure the setting clicks for me.

95 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >