Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rev. Peter White

Real Name Rev. Peter White   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname GothicWizard
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 17, 2017, 14:20
Total Comments 55 (Suspect)
User ID 58470

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2018, 10:58 GothicWizard

Hines is a arrogant prick. Pre-FO4 release I expressed concern to him on one one of his FO4 PR tweets that from what I was seeing it seems like the mechanics was being dumbed down for the lowest common denominator player and to please know some of us long time FO fans take issue with that. A legit concern in my view. His retort was demeaning and snarky to me basically implying if I don't like dumbed down mechanics to shut up and not play it. His FU we don't need you reply was all I needed to know about him and who he truly is as a person.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Video
16. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Video Oct 13, 2018, 12:46 GothicWizard

Best tech demo ever. Now if they would only... you know.. make a actual game that was pitched during the KS.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles The Savage Frontier Update
1. Re: Conan Exiles The Savage Frontier Update Oct 11, 2018, 18:15 GothicWizard

I love this game, got my own server a few friends play on. No other survival game really got my interest aside from this one. If anyone is looking for a fun co-op like server (while pvp is enabled we all just play like it's a big co-op pve game) let me know and I'll post the info.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 9, 2018, 18:38 GothicWizard

Flatline wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 18:16:
I tried like 4 times to get into Fallout 4, and each time, I hit "Diamond City" and just gave up. Not sure what it is about that place, or about that game in general, that just did. not. entertain me at all.

Being from Boston I was sucked in seeing many landmarks I know, even going to where I lived in the North End was pretty awesome. However, that said, if the place was not my hometown I too would prob have felt closer to the way you did.

The dumbing down of the SPECIAL system is what REALLY urked me. They seem to be making games for the lowest common denominator and saying FU to any gamers above casual. They dumbed down the mechanics in Skyrim from previous ES games and it's just continued since.

They seem so fearful of we can't make a game where you have to use more then 15 brain cells or we'll lose sales. I am all for them making a buck by making some compromises to draw in a larger audience. However they have taken that business concept to the extreme. It's quite a sad state of affairs.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2018, 13:27 GothicWizard

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Sep 21, 2018, 23:11:
Far-left groups booting far-right groups out? Go figure...

So you're in support of people who out right lie, make up conspiracies and promote hate and bigotry. They should be given a platform or be entitled to use anothers service?

You're just as much of a nut as he is apparently.

News Comments > SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos
20. Re: SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos Sep 1, 2018, 11:58 GothicWizard

People who complain about PC generally I find are the ones who want to glorify or say racist, sexist or/and bigoted things with no social repercussions.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
43. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 19, 2018, 13:07 GothicWizard

NKD wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 12:19:
Hey bud. Here is a time lapse of the entire inauguration, from everyone showing up to everyone leaving. At no point are there more people than depicted in the image CNN used. If they are using an image of peak attendance, it's very hard to accuse them of any bias in image choice.

Don't use facts when engaging with the tin foil hat brigade. It just confuses them.

19. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 18, 2018, 19:18 GothicWizard

Julian Delphiki wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 17:27:

I don't think the problem lies with people upset that Alex Jones is losing a platform to speak on, it's the branding of actual conservatives into the same category and having no recourse to combat that branding due to monopoly held by those companies.

Here's how they can combat it. Rather then stay silent when Jones and others of his ilk put forth tin foil hat nonsense have those other right side voices SPEAK UP AGAINST IT. Then bingo instant difference created and they won't get lumped into the same category as the idiots. By staying silent that is the same as acceptance. So yes you are going to get lumped in with them since you don't have the courage to speak up and show why you are not the same.

And to make my point, I don't see George Wills, Ana Navarro or Bill Kristol who have done that being lumped in with the likes of Jones or their social media accounts in constant jeopardy. If the GOP wouldn't have lost their fucking minds in the past 20 yrs and let their party be hijacked by the equivalent of the American Taliban they wouldn't be in this mess... of their own making. shrug

18. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 18, 2018, 19:05 GothicWizard

Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 14:53:

There is exactly zero fucking shortage of heavy right-wing media out there to be digested by whatever retards who are stupid enough to believe the sociopathic grifters who are shoveling it. It's only the very worst offenders who are being shut down, and rightfully so. If assholes like Alex Jones are claiming that calamities like Sandy Hook are false flag operations than he should be providing some actual fucking proof instead of just innuendo intended to whip up the rabid assholes who listen to him. Otherwise he's simply lying through his fucking teeth and no one, NO ONE, is obligated to provide an asshole like that a platform to espouse his lies.

Once again, if you believe that the "liberals" out there are keeping your side down go out and start a competing a business. There is absolutely NOTHING stopping you from starting your own platform as a voice for all these poor, downtrodden, right-wing kooks that are so oppressed. That's all I hear the right-wings complaining about and yet doing nothing about it. And oddly enough for a group that's supposedly so oppressed we still hear them complaining all the fucking time. How is it we keep hearing about it all the time if they're not permitted to voice their opinions anyway? Lies and damn lies.

Awww, I feel so sad about how hard done they all are I think I'll just cry you all river.

Rolleyes

Got to say a lot of times I disagree with you however this time you nailed the issue, point on the fucking head. It sounds word for word what my reply would have been.

News Comments > Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of "New" Designation
2. Re: Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of Aug 12, 2018, 14:12 GothicWizard

NKD wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 13:52:
If it's still in its original unopened packaging, its new. Fuck you Bethesda. No one buys your shitty excuse, because everyone who is shopping on Amazon knows what "New" means.

ummm he has valid, logical and reasonable points. Perhaps using your rational logic, not emotional logic?

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Darkness Over Daggerford Released
5. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Darkness Over Daggerford Released Jun 3, 2018, 11:00 GothicWizard

I stand by my previous comment, they should have 'enhanced' NWN2. Far better FX, toolset options, story and game mechanics. NWN1 at this point might as well rename to "D&D Minecraft". It's painful to look at and the game mechanics are clumsy and the toolset simplistic.  

News Comments > Phoenix Point Delayed
9. Re: Phoenix Point Delayed May 16, 2018, 20:22 GothicWizard

I saw video of people playing the Alpha, read about it. It seems I am the one in the minority that this game does not do anything for me. Odd since I have hundreds of hrs in XCom 1 and 2. I suppose it is just the setting, I find it off putting and just to odd. Like of mix of Wasteland and XCom 2. Just does not interest me at all, just to weird for my taste I suppose.  

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launch Plans
1. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launch Plans Mar 25, 2018, 17:11 GothicWizard

NWN1 used a poor ruleset (3.5 is far superior), dated GFX even on release (what happens when a game is in dev for 5 years) and now just plain painful to look at and a subpar main story which amounted to a mix of convoluted motives of the main NPC and a giant fedex quest. The ONLY redeeming quality of it was the MP/toolset. If it wasn't for that just on it's raw SP quality it wouldn't be on anyone's list higher then temple of EE. Quite forgettable.

NWN2 was far superior in both story, GFX and gameplay. Why they are hell bent on putting more time into this hot mess and not NWN2 is perplexing.

News Comments > Funcom Announcement Plans
8. Re: Funcom Announcement Plans Feb 24, 2018, 14:32 GothicWizard

In fairness AoC wasn't bad per se it had some really good ideas and what was there was well done. The visceral combat, true to source material art direction, settings and stories to name some. Sadly it was simply incomplete on release and by the time they did get it up to par by the first expansion it was too late.  

News Comments > Jess Cliffe Arrest Details
13. Re: Jess Cliffe Arrest Details Feb 3, 2018, 17:55 GothicWizard

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 3, 2018, 17:09:

This feels...absurd. She lies, and HE's in trouble for it? That's so amazingly broken. What if he'd asked for ID, and she produced a fake? Is he supposed to know how to spot a fake ID?

The only thing in this trial that isn't related to her age is the non-consentual filming. And if she lied about her age, who's to say she wasn't ok with the filming AT THE TIME, and is now saying she wasn't? I think the whole #metoo thing has made me EXTREMELY skeptical of women claiming lack of consent.

I was with you until the last sentence. so the #metoo movement has had the opposite effect on you then it's intent. Very disappointing. Statistically speaking in the US the studies done on women who claim fake assault on average is 3%. The whole there is rampant women making false claims against men is a fake narrative. The VAST majority of claims are valid.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Feb 3, 2018, 13:18 GothicWizard

Fuck NWN1, they need to update the remaster NWN2, far superior in FX, story, game mechanics and toolset ability.  

News Comments > Jess Cliffe Arrest Details
5. Re: Jess Cliffe Arrest Details Feb 3, 2018, 13:15 GothicWizard

Cutter wrote on Feb 3, 2018, 12:53:
So he thought she was legal, can't fault him for that. The recordings you can.

Totally agree, I am sure the site is 18+ so she lied to get access by saying she was 18 (which I am fairly confidant she did, young girls are fairly predictable in these types of cases) he'd have no reason to worry about statutory rape. That said, 16 or 46 does not matter recording someone without their consent privately is illegal, especially when sexual acts are involved. So there is plenty of wrong and blame to go around on both parties IMO.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jan 16, 2018, 00:23 GothicWizard

jimeh wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 21:23:
Someone call a necromancer; this is gonna be awesome!

I look forward to the day when someone close to you dies and are greeted by jokes and a cavalier attitude.

News Comments > CCP vs EVE Online Botting
3. Re: CCP vs EVE Online Botting Jan 16, 2018, 00:19 GothicWizard

After CCP fucked the vampire MMO due to massive ineptitude and lack of leadership I am awaiting the day they finally implode.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jan 8, 2018, 19:21 GothicWizard

The sims just prints money for EA. Like or dislike EA that is an amazing cash cow they have.  

55 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo