Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CthulhuFan

Real Name CthulhuFan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2017, 23:13
Total Comments 55 (Suspect)
User ID 58462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
40. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 3, 2018, 15:11 CthulhuFan

Frijoles wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 11:01:
CthulhuFan wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 10:46:
No twisting required to make TWoT include many strong female characters, it's built right in. Title is just SJW click bait.

Was thinking the same thing. The first several books have women solidly in charge. It isn't until towards the end that men are on equal footing, and that's only some of them. However, I fear they'll go the Sword of Shannara direction and turn it in to shit so it's more appealing to people who haven't read the books.
Yeah, the story is good the way it is w/out needing any revisions to suit current political themes. But it is Amazon so "muh diversity"...

What did MTV do to Shannara, BTW? Never read those books, watched a few episodes and quickly lost interest.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 2, 2018, 10:46 CthulhuFan

No twisting required to make TWoT include many strong female characters, it's built right in. Title is just SJW click bait.

One of my favorite series ever. Hopefully they don't decide to add a bunch of SJW drivel and just stick to the story but I'll believe that when I see it.

News Comments > Internet Arcade Adds More Arcade Games
2. Re: Internet Arcade Adds More Arcade Games Sep 26, 2018, 09:22 CthulhuFan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 25, 2018, 16:20:
First thought: "oh that's nice, they have pics of some old arcade games, and some info blurbs, cue nostalgia"

Realization: "Holy shit, these are all playable online via emulator!"
This is quite literally the exact same experience I just had. Bad ass, thanks for sharing this Blue!

News Comments > CrossCode Released
2. Re: CrossCode Released Sep 21, 2018, 17:05 CthulhuFan

Yes, it really is quite fun. I picked it up on GOG today and spent a few hours with it on the couch/Steam link. Controls great with an XB360 controller and also with mouse and keyboard. The story is good fun. I wish the developers a successful official launch!  

News Comments > Valve to Moderate Steam Communities
17. Re: Valve to Moderate Steam Communities Sep 20, 2018, 19:54 CthulhuFan

The short version is that starting on Tuesday, Sept 25th, our moderation team will start reviewing reported discussion posts in all game hubs on Steam. You can opt out if you wish.

Good luck with that, folks. Enjoy moderating politically charged bullshit while having no fucking idea what the zeitgeist is for the title.

Thankfully they allow developers to opt out.

News Comments > DOOM Movie Reboot May Skip Theaters
9. Re: DOOM Movie Reboot May Skip Theaters Sep 6, 2018, 15:21 CthulhuFan

Proper nerds know that Ellen Ripley is 100 percent bad ass and we knew chicks were cool way before it was some kind of social justice problem.

We didn't need vasquez gripping a hand grenade while smiling at the young punk LT to know she was a bad ass.

Social Justice is cancer. Ellen Ripley is a boss.

News Comments > EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers
47. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 30, 2018, 03:53 CthulhuFan

The militia of these free commonwealths, entitled and accustomed to their arms, when compared with any possible army, must be tremendous and irresistible. Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.

I'm confused, does this sound un-clear in any way?

46. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 30, 2018, 01:26 CthulhuFan

Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 20:16:
He didn't really have superior tech. I honestly want to know how you'd combat a Predator drone. Seriously, what would you do? How does this play out in your head?

I'm also still waiting for a definition of a well-regulated militia.
I repeat:
"A well regulated militia": In working order, able bodied men trained in the use of modern weapons. The citizenry. Again, plainly stated in the debates for ratification.

The superior tech comment was specifically addressing folks that make the argument about "well, they never envisioned machine guns" etc. Which is obvious bullshit.

Your drone comment is on-point. How does one resist a superior force? Guerrilla tactics. Are you saying Afghanistan is a win for U.S. forces or is it, more likely, where "empires go to die". Do you automatically assume that fire-pissing hard charging Servicemen/women will side with you when you choose to try and implement confiscation? Think again.

43. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 29, 2018, 20:13 CthulhuFan

The type of weaponry used to oppose tyranny was quite literally irrelevant to the authors. They did not say muskets, cannons and brass knuckles; they said arms and for good reason, quite simply because they did not know what the future held for progress. In the arguments for ratification this was made plain.

Would you argue that the colonists would just lay down and accept taxation and religious persecution etc simply based on the fact that King George had superior tech?

38. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 28, 2018, 22:19 CthulhuFan

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 17:45:
Or a populace that takes control and thinks a 227 year old law is responsible for needless deaths.

I'm curious, the founders considered this well, what would you change and why?

"A well regulated militia": In working order, able bodied men trained in the use of modern weapons.

You blame the weapons, I blame the governments.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
53. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 22, 2018, 21:54 CthulhuFan

Sepharo wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 14:49:
I think you'd be a lot less misled if you cut down on the amount of "evidence" you get from youtube videos.
Cool. Please provide sourced evidence. Sounds fair to me.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
38. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 19, 2018, 10:05 CthulhuFan

djinn wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 09:03:
Red886 wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 08:55:
Too many are caught in echo chambers of their own making and are no longer interested in truth - only whatever group think bandwagon makes them feel good. Rationality will only return when people can identify when a lie is a lie, and call it out. Even if it satisfies their bias.

Precisely. Case in point, someone earlier mentioned there is no evidence of lying (including by omission), misleading or outright false news (correctly called propaganda). Uh ... Just this week here's some fake news directly related to this discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK_hmjSeY5s

Do your research, it's rampant.

I detest that the enemies of free speech are forcing me to defend Alex Jones as I have a personal hatred for him due to some of his activities during the '08 and '12 elections that were detrimental to the Ron Paul efforts but it is what it is.

The idea that people are celebrating the silencing of dissenting veiw points is absolutely revolting.

News Comments > Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones Announced
4. Re: Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones Announced Jul 27, 2018, 12:49 CthulhuFan

Crucifix wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 15:15:
This isn't a new game, it was announced back in 2016, just now 1C picked it up and is showing it at Gamescom.
Yeah, I was going to say, I backed it back in June of '16. Glad to see them getting some more exposure, they really are a cool development team. Some of their kickstarter updates have put a big shit eating grin on my face.

Crossing my fingers for this one.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Shadow of the Tomb Raider
2. Re: Gone Gold - Shadow of the Tomb Raider Jul 25, 2018, 10:48 CthulhuFan

I'm sure it will be more of the same but I've been really enjoying the new series so GIMME. After the last two this will be day one for me.  

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat
72. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 7, 2018, 00:12 CthulhuFan

If you say something shitty and broadcast it to thousands of people, you can't be surprised when they all get mad at you.
BINGO.

46. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 17:24 CthulhuFan

NKD wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 17:20:
Anyone who is nasty to customers should rightly be fired. Particularly since the person she blew up at wasn't even being rude or doing anything wrong.

Plus given her past tweets and being (apparently) a really shitty human being, she was likely on her third strike at ArenaNet and this was just the final straw.
Precisely. Attacking customers is bad for business. End of file.

41. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 16:56 CthulhuFan

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 11:50:
Nasty person gets fired over being nasty to customer. News at 11.

Responding to a courteously worded difference of opinion by trying to belittle someone on social media? I mean, you turned in your letter of resignation before hand, right? Because you know how this is going to end.

But here come the SJWs and virtue signalers!

Exactly. Nobody in their right mind would retain these two after this. You nailed it. They say don't sell past the close so I'll just leave it at that.

News Comments > Serious Sam 4 Gameplay Footage
13. Re: Serious Sam 4 Gameplay Footage Jun 19, 2018, 15:54 CthulhuFan

Beamer wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 13:59:
Gadzooks wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 13:30:
all it had going for it was number of enemies at once. That was the sole differentiator between it and value software. Of course, if you liked a lot of enemies at once, that made it an amazing game, but the visuals were bland and the times you weren't facing 50 guys the combat was super bland and generic.

Nerd/Fanboi here, yup. Love it just for that and I'll buy every one. Weakness? Probably. Guilty pleasure? Absolutely. This game series shines when there are a million enemies on the screen and you and your crew are just aping everything. I don't dig zombies so LFD ain't for me but this is.

To each their own though.

News Comments > Into the Black
27. Re: Into the Black May 25, 2018, 11:59 CthulhuFan

RIP John. This is a sad day.

Cancer took my mom.

News Comments > Steam Bringing Games and Streaming to Mobile
10. Re: Steam Bringing Games and Streaming to Mobile May 10, 2018, 15:09 CthulhuFan

Luke wrote on May 10, 2018, 15:05:
Wow with that spyware ye can play at home on tv on pc and now Mobil how about work !...zombies happy
Well, we can all sleep well with the knowledge that the master race is 'looking out'. Represent.

55 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo