Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for CthulhuFan

Real Name CthulhuFan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2017, 23:13
Total Comments 72 (Suspect)
User ID 58462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Adding Events and Renovating Game Libraries
13. Re: Steam Adding Events and Renovating Game Libraries Mar 22, 2019, 09:34 CthulhuFan

Squirmer wrote on Mar 21, 2019, 23:07:
It's almost like competition is making Valve work harder.
Exactly. The gallons of tears collected from Steam zealots are absolutely divine. I am loving this. The only thing better would be if they adopted the GOG DRM free mantra but that battle was lost long ago.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 20, 2019, 06:01 CthulhuFan

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 19, 2019, 19:14:
I've been going there for 20 years. Sad
https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://hardocp.com/

Same here. This is sad news.

Edit: I suppose we can hope for an early April Fools joke since Kyle stated "Effective April 1, 2019".

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2019, 06:27.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Free Weekend
3. Re: Conan Exiles Free Weekend Mar 8, 2019, 10:37 CthulhuFan

It really is quite enjoyable when played with friends and I especially appreciate the ability to run your own server with the absolute TON of options you can tweak. I certainly got my monies worth out of it even if it was short lived.

Don't think I'd repeat the experience if they are just going to re-purpose core mechanics and assets for the Dune game.

News Comments > The Sinking City Delayed
1. Re: The Sinking City Delayed Mar 8, 2019, 10:24 CthulhuFan

Take all the time you need. Delay it for a year for all I care. Really looking forward to this title.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 27, 2019, 11:19 CthulhuFan

That MarioNet service-worker exploit is interesting, thanks for sharing.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
49. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2019, 22:52 CthulhuFan

Beamer wrote on Jan 11, 2019, 17:13:
CthulhuFan wrote on Jan 11, 2019, 15:56:
Beamer wrote on Jan 11, 2019, 13:46:
Now, not every male has this idea of masculinity, but c'mon, we've all seen the giant pickup truck guy that thinks you're not a real man unless you're huntin' and fishin' and thinks that having a guy friend you care about makes you some kind of homosexual.
Now I grew up down an old dirt road, in a town you wouldn't know. ...

It's always entertaining listening to the big city cunts telling us how to live out here in fly-over country.

1) I have no clue who you are

2) I did not mention you, quote you, or reply to you

3) I did not say all country folk are like this

4) I did not imply all truck owners are like this

I think your response is the very definition of "snowflake." You tried very hard to be offended by what I said.

but c'mon, we've all seen the giant pickup truck guy that thinks you're not a real man unless you're huntin' and fishin' and thinks that having a guy friend you care about makes you some kind of homosexual...

What is this, the 1950's?

You can't be serious...

48. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2019, 22:28 CthulhuFan

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 11, 2019, 18:23:
As someone who genuinely does like in the sticks of Central Texas, the rednecks deserve all the mocking and ridicule that one could possibly heap upon them. As a data set of a larger demographic, they are generally the loudest, most ignorant, least educated, and most insecure people one can find.

In point of fact, Mrs. Burrito and I went out to breakfast this morning and there was this older redneck going on and on about "the gays" and "what being a real man is". It was some of the most poisonous, toxic, holdover bullshit from the 50s one might imagine. It was nearly a caricature of itself and the person speaking it.

So it very much does exist and it is, like those who would espouse it, fucking ignorant.

Rednecks exist in any demographic. We all have to deal with them and you don't get to use them as a free 'excuse' to judge whole groups of people.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2019, 17:52 CthulhuFan

Well, that's all fun and entertaining; nice try.

So, you're not judging, when you say:

the giant pickup truck guy that thinks you're not a real man unless you're huntin' and fishin'

But it's all okay, right, because you're making fun of some toothless hillbilly instead of some protected class...

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2019, 17:38 CthulhuFan

I think your understanding of the term "snowflake" really needs to be re-evaluated.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2019, 16:33 CthulhuFan

Meh, I have no place for bigots; they can piss off.

Homophobic? Naw, you got me wrong. I am Non-Aggression Principle; quite literally I don't give two fucks what you do as long as it harms no-one else.

25. removed Jan 11, 2019, 15:56 CthulhuFan

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 17, 2019, 01:55.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2019, 09:17 CthulhuFan

Happy birthday Ant!  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2019, 15:56 CthulhuFan

Happy birthday, Frans. You folks have been running the best gaming news site for, what, two decades now? Keep it up!

I can still remember building PCs on the bench at work and checking in daily back when Carmack was calling the Riva 128 a 'troublesome part'. Good times. This site truly is one in a million.

News Comments > Get SOMA Free on GOG.com
10. Re: Get SOMA Free on GOG.com Dec 28, 2018, 14:35 CthulhuFan

MeanJim wrote on Dec 28, 2018, 13:05:
Same here. I've played all of Frictional's games and this is the best yet. It took me two tries to finish Amnesia. It had its moments, but it just burned me out. I usually don't say this, but I think it was a bit too long. By the time I got to the end, I had forgotten most of the story. I managed to play straight through one Halloween weekend. I could only handle Amnesia in short bursts, but SOMA was the opposite. I just couldn't stop playing because I had to know more.

This is exactly my experience as well although I never played Machine for Pigs. SOMA is easily one of the best games I've played in some time.

News Comments > Call of Cthulhu Released
7. Re: Call of Cthulhu Released Oct 30, 2018, 23:08 CthulhuFan

Took a half day from work to play today w/my daughter. Got about 7 hours in before we had to pause for the day. Currently escaping from the Asylum.

Fucking legit. Nice atmosphere, interesting story and lots of little tidbits that I appreciate.

Sort of ... like Conarium mated with VtM:BL ish but that's not quite right ... Not sure how to classify it really. Certainly going to play through again with different skill choices to see what impact it has on the narrative.

We blacked out the basement, lit some candles and fired it up via SteamLink on the big screen @ 2560x1440 at max w vsync off and in 7.1. Very nice experience so far. Atmosphere oozes from the screen and stereo. Dig it.

Hope to wrap it up on Friday and will post final thoughts then.

So far, well spent $40. If it ain't your bag I get it, but we sure as hell enjoyed the shit out of it.

Pleasantly surprised, actually, was expecting rubbish looter shooter crap with jump scares.

News Comments > HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month
31. Re: HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month Oct 24, 2018, 21:38 CthulhuFan

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 18:10:
SINGLEPLAYER ONLY..

LOL!!!! WHAT A JOKE
Yep. Single player ONLY; I caught that too. Uh ...

News Comments > Gone Gold - Call of Cthulhu
12. Re: Gone Gold - Call of Cthulhu Oct 18, 2018, 16:00 CthulhuFan

Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2018, 10:33:
I'm sure I'll grab this at some point but I'm waiting for Sunken City.

Also found a great Cthulu T-shirt I'm gonna snag and car sticker I'm going to put on my new car.

Cthulu 2020 - The Greater of Two Evils

Cthulu Fish Sticker
The Sinking City is definitely one I'm anticipating along with Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones, both look good in their own way.

CoC is definitely a pick up for me on day one, I even booked a few days of to lounge about and play it. I am crossing my fingers and wishing them well.

If any of these are on par with Conarium for atmosphere, I'm going to be a very happy cultist.

Hope you like your window decal, Cutter, I had the plastic version on my trunk for years before it finally gave out. Let's just say that here in the bible belt, it lead to some ... interesting conversations.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
40. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 3, 2018, 15:11 CthulhuFan

Frijoles wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 11:01:
CthulhuFan wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 10:46:
No twisting required to make TWoT include many strong female characters, it's built right in. Title is just SJW click bait.

Was thinking the same thing. The first several books have women solidly in charge. It isn't until towards the end that men are on equal footing, and that's only some of them. However, I fear they'll go the Sword of Shannara direction and turn it in to shit so it's more appealing to people who haven't read the books.
Yeah, the story is good the way it is w/out needing any revisions to suit current political themes. But it is Amazon so "muh diversity"...

What did MTV do to Shannara, BTW? Never read those books, watched a few episodes and quickly lost interest.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 2, 2018, 10:46 CthulhuFan

No twisting required to make TWoT include many strong female characters, it's built right in. Title is just SJW click bait.

One of my favorite series ever. Hopefully they don't decide to add a bunch of SJW drivel and just stick to the story but I'll believe that when I see it.

News Comments > Internet Arcade Adds More Arcade Games
2. Re: Internet Arcade Adds More Arcade Games Sep 26, 2018, 09:22 CthulhuFan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 25, 2018, 16:20:
First thought: "oh that's nice, they have pics of some old arcade games, and some info blurbs, cue nostalgia"

Realization: "Holy shit, these are all playable online via emulator!"
This is quite literally the exact same experience I just had. Bad ass, thanks for sharing this Blue!

72 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo