Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for CthulhuFan

Real Name CthulhuFan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2017, 23:13
Total Comments 88 (Suspect)
User ID 58462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Ion Fury Released
5. Re: Ion Fury Released Aug 16, 2019, 10:24 CthulhuFan

I played through everything they had about two months ago and it was great fun. Can't wait to fire it up again soon to check out the finished product.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5 Lands on PCs This Week
3. Re: EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5 Lands on PCs This Week Jul 8, 2019, 14:54 CthulhuFan

Instabuy.

EDF! EDF! EDF!

News Comments > Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Dawns
6. Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Dawns Jun 19, 2019, 11:32 CthulhuFan

Darks wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 19:30:
Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 16:00:
Man this looks fucking ridiculous. To each their own though. Good that you guys have fun.

I know right! I cant understand how shit like this gets funded. its like kids from the 80's have invaded our timeline.
Hey, I resemble that remark! Sadly, my budget is blown so I'll have to wait until next month to buy it but I can't wait.

News Comments > Get Enter the Gungeon for Free
5. Re: Get Enter the Gungeon for Free Jun 13, 2019, 21:40 CthulhuFan

Screw them. Offer it for free? I'm sailing the high seas on this one, just on principle. That will teach them to offer it w/out my favorite DRM...  

News Comments > Diablo Hellfire on GOG.com
7. Re: Diablo Hellfire on GOG.com Jun 5, 2019, 17:08 CthulhuFan

MeanJim wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 16:06:

I had a friend that was super into Diablo when it came out. It's one of those games I never understood the hype around it.
No worries, everyone likes different stuff. For me it was awesome but, as with all games, you do you and I'll do me (to each their own).

News Comments > Diablo Hellfire on GOG.com
1. Re: Diablo Hellfire on GOG.com Jun 5, 2019, 12:12 CthulhuFan

Somehow I missed this back in the day. Was it any good? While Grim Dawn scratches my D2.5 itch, I may be tempted to pick this up and play it provided I can find my installation media for the base game.  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Malkavian Clan Trailer
10. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Malkavian Clan Trailer May 30, 2019, 09:24 CthulhuFan

Wesp5 wrote on May 30, 2019, 02:40:
Cutter wrote on May 29, 2019, 23:37:
Sure hope they have the Nosferatu in this.

Missing clans have been promised as free DLC, so expect Nosferatu and Gangrel then!
I've been trying not to follow/get too hyped so I don't die of anticipation but, man, that sucks that I have to wait for DLC to play Gangrel.

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Still Not Dead
3. Re: Dead Island 2 Still Not Dead May 24, 2019, 18:56 CthulhuFan

Remove item durability or MOB respawn and I'm down. The first attempt was not too shabby and I say that as someone who hates zombie flicks/games.  

News Comments > Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II
37. Re: Rune: Ragnarok Becomes Epic Game Store Exclusive RUNE II May 24, 2019, 01:45 CthulhuFan

Beamer wrote on May 23, 2019, 11:53:
Here's the first Steam thread Blue posted Sadly, replace "steam" with "EGS" and that could be a somewhat modern thread here.

Here's the second or so. Lots of Steam hatred, lots of people angry at Valve, and a few people baffled as to why anyone would ever want to watch anyone play games (I agree, but man, the future sure disagreed.)

i dont agree with steam being the only option for dload...its not fair to the users.

Here's when Valve announced HL2 would require Steam going forward. Unsurprisingly, a few people claimed they'd boycott HL2.

Another thread with people claiming they'll boycott HL2 over Steam

People canceling B&M HL2 preorders over Steam

It's all just history repeating itself, and we've been through all of this before. Here, on this very site.
Thank you for taking the time and posting this. Yes, we have been here before.

Remember when we were all pissed off about having to install some third party shit just to play HL2? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2019, 01:58.

News Comments > The Sinking City Preorders Rise
4. Re: The Sinking City Preorders Rise May 6, 2019, 15:29 CthulhuFan

Day one purchase here. Hope it's awesome.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding May 2, 2019, 16:20 CthulhuFan

This actually looks kind of interesting and I am considering backing it. I wonder how well their greifing system will work in practice.  

News Comments > STAR WARS Battlefront (Classic, 2004) on GOG.com and Steam
2. Re: STAR WARS Battlefront (Classic, 2004) on GOG.com and Steam May 2, 2019, 16:07 CthulhuFan

Picked up The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition on GoG and checked it out for a few minutes and it looks pretty cool, especially for 7 bucks. Have never really played any of the SW titles.  

News Comments > The Witness Free on Epic Games Store
19. Re: Epic and Tencent are on my blacklist Apr 6, 2019, 01:11 CthulhuFan

Prez wrote on Apr 5, 2019, 14:55:
That Steam has many years head start is Epic's problem, not mine.
Yup. They (Epic/Tim) will either sink or swim. If they happen to punch Valve in the nuts along the way; that's good for me as a consumer. Too bad GoG lost out in all this because they have the one true way but Valve and Steam have already POZZED PC gaming for a whole generation.

Edit:
I should add: I don't hate Valve / Steam; I just think competition is a good thing.

News Comments > The Witness Free on Epic Games Store
15. Re: Epic and Tencent are on my blacklist Apr 5, 2019, 09:36 CthulhuFan

Prez wrote on Apr 5, 2019, 09:19:
See THIS is how you compete. Having a superior developer revenue percentage is how you compete. Not launching with zero quality of life features, no usability features, and lacking many of the most fundamental functions like a search function (finally added in) and a friggin' shopping cart and then strong-arming gamers who wouldn't touch your sub-par launcher otherwise with exclusivity bribes.
They need a lot of work and have a long way to go, much like steam 16 years ago, but just no. When you are trying to compete against a 2,000 lb juggernaut you kick them in the balls, cut their throat and stab them in the eye.

Picked this one up and played for a few hours, surprisingly fun and the puzzles can get quite tricky and you have to get creative. Very fun even if it's frustrating at times. The graphical style is pretty nice also, I like it.

News Comments > Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Trailer
4. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Trailer Apr 1, 2019, 15:15 CthulhuFan

Nullity wrote on Apr 1, 2019, 13:42:
I've been keeping a tentative eye on this, checking in every now and then, mostly waiting for them to add co-op support.

Looks like they've finally added that, but it seems the game has gone through a "revamp", and not for the better (scrapped most of original promising game and just poorly copied Diablo 3). Recent reviews are not kind. What a shame.

I need to fire it up and play again. I backed/EA'd it because it looked interesting and I'm a huge sucker for ARPG looters. Steam shows me with 8 hours, I'm sure that's early alpha game play where they were tweaking the weird skill 'tree'/rune circle thing.

Currently engrossed in building/testing an OathKeeper/Demolitionist phys/flame build in the new Grim Dawn expansion so this will have to wait. More power to them tho.

News Comments > Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Released
2. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Released Mar 27, 2019, 22:14 CthulhuFan

I still need to wrap up Ashes, but I have no qualms buying this day one because I absolutely love Crate/GD so much so that I buy their stuff on both Steam DRM and GoG.

Just picked up Ion Maiden on GoG and have been absolutely in love with it, which was unexpected, so I'll get around to GD:FG when I get around to it but one thing is certain, Crate treats this as a labour of love and I am a huge fan. Happy to support them.

News Comments > Steam Adding Events and Renovating Game Libraries
13. Re: Steam Adding Events and Renovating Game Libraries Mar 22, 2019, 09:34 CthulhuFan

Squirmer wrote on Mar 21, 2019, 23:07:
It's almost like competition is making Valve work harder.
Exactly. The gallons of tears collected from Steam zealots are absolutely divine. I am loving this. The only thing better would be if they adopted the GOG DRM free mantra but that battle was lost long ago.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 20, 2019, 06:01 CthulhuFan

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 19, 2019, 19:14:
I've been going there for 20 years. Sad
https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://hardocp.com/

Same here. This is sad news.

Edit: I suppose we can hope for an early April Fools joke since Kyle stated "Effective April 1, 2019".

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2019, 06:27.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Free Weekend
3. Re: Conan Exiles Free Weekend Mar 8, 2019, 10:37 CthulhuFan

It really is quite enjoyable when played with friends and I especially appreciate the ability to run your own server with the absolute TON of options you can tweak. I certainly got my monies worth out of it even if it was short lived.

Don't think I'd repeat the experience if they are just going to re-purpose core mechanics and assets for the Dune game.

News Comments > The Sinking City Delayed
1. Re: The Sinking City Delayed Mar 8, 2019, 10:24 CthulhuFan

Take all the time you need. Delay it for a year for all I care. Really looking forward to this title.  

88 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo