Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CthulhuFan

Real Name CthulhuFan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2017, 23:13
Total Comments 41 (Suspect)
User ID 58462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat
72. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 7, 2018, 00:12 CthulhuFan

If you say something shitty and broadcast it to thousands of people, you can't be surprised when they all get mad at you.
BINGO.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 17:24 CthulhuFan

NKD wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 17:20:
Anyone who is nasty to customers should rightly be fired. Particularly since the person she blew up at wasn't even being rude or doing anything wrong.

Plus given her past tweets and being (apparently) a really shitty human being, she was likely on her third strike at ArenaNet and this was just the final straw.
Precisely. Attacking customers is bad for business. End of file.

41. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 16:56 CthulhuFan

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 11:50:
Nasty person gets fired over being nasty to customer. News at 11.

Responding to a courteously worded difference of opinion by trying to belittle someone on social media? I mean, you turned in your letter of resignation before hand, right? Because you know how this is going to end.

But here come the SJWs and virtue signalers!

Exactly. Nobody in their right mind would retain these two after this. You nailed it. They say don't sell past the close so I'll just leave it at that.

News Comments > Serious Sam 4 Gameplay Footage
13. Re: Serious Sam 4 Gameplay Footage Jun 19, 2018, 15:54 CthulhuFan

Beamer wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 13:59:
Gadzooks wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 13:30:
all it had going for it was number of enemies at once. That was the sole differentiator between it and value software. Of course, if you liked a lot of enemies at once, that made it an amazing game, but the visuals were bland and the times you weren't facing 50 guys the combat was super bland and generic.

Nerd/Fanboi here, yup. Love it just for that and I'll buy every one. Weakness? Probably. Guilty pleasure? Absolutely. This game series shines when there are a million enemies on the screen and you and your crew are just aping everything. I don't dig zombies so LFD ain't for me but this is.

To each their own though.

News Comments > Into the Black
27. Re: Into the Black May 25, 2018, 11:59 CthulhuFan

RIP John. This is a sad day.

Cancer took my mom.

News Comments > Steam Bringing Games and Streaming to Mobile
10. Re: Steam Bringing Games and Streaming to Mobile May 10, 2018, 15:09 CthulhuFan

Luke wrote on May 10, 2018, 15:05:
Wow with that spyware ye can play at home on tv on pc and now Mobil how about work !...zombies happy
Well, we can all sleep well with the knowledge that the master race is 'looking out'. Represent.

News Comments > Steam Bringing Games and Streaming to Mobile
8. Re: Steam Bringing Games and Streaming to Mobile May 10, 2018, 13:03 CthulhuFan

Sepharo wrote on May 10, 2018, 02:36:
jacobvandy wrote on May 10, 2018, 01:16:
Smart TVs have had a streaming Steam app for a long time though.
This seems pretty specifically for "Android (phone, tablet, TV) and iOS-based (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV)".

Some do some don't. Isn't that mostly a modern Samsung thing?

I have Steam Link hardware and I absolutely love it. As far as I'm concerned, more options to access your rig on the home theater is great.

News Comments > GeForce 1060 Hotfix
9. Re: GeForce 1060 Hotfix May 4, 2018, 16:19 CthulhuFan

Confirmed directly from NVIDIA:
https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/05/04/gpp/

8. Re: GeForce 1060 Hotfix May 4, 2018, 16:15 CthulhuFan

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 4, 2018, 15:55:
Nvidia just cancelled the GPP program too, after all the backlash
Source?

4. Re: GeForce 1060 Hotfix May 4, 2018, 14:25 CthulhuFan

But, how can this be? Nvidia has no driver issues. Ever.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Next Week
5. Re: Conan Exiles Next Week May 2, 2018, 17:51 CthulhuFan

Oh, and combat; they ditched Bethesda style for something else. Please, please, please be Blade of Darkness style combat chains....  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Next Week
4. Re: Conan Exiles Next Week May 2, 2018, 17:21 CthulhuFan

Darks wrote on May 2, 2018, 10:51:
Hit me up on steam for an invite to the server. It might be best if I add you guys since there are like a few thousand darks on steam.

Ill have the server up a day before the game goes live.
What are your planned settings Darks? I know you touched on them briefly earlier.

From my stint in the first release:
* Durability of gear was rubbish. No, seriously, it was bad...
* meat spoiled way too fast
* do you still have to 'wear off', what was it, corruption by being entertained by thrall dancers? I'm an idiot so I'm always poking around where I shouldn't be and as a PVE person (in this game) this was supremely IRRITATING.

Can't wait to play, in any event, just curious what you thought were good settings and why.

Oh, and, HERP DERP: DONGS. Since that seems to be requisite when talking about this game...

News Comments > Conan Exiles Video
22. Re: Conan Exiles Video Apr 28, 2018, 07:51 CthulhuFan

Haha, yep. You chose the name "dark"; just like 10 billion other people ;-)

In any event; woot-woot, can't wait to play. Thanks again for providing the server. I assume from your non-answer that you don't care about donations and that's cool but, seriously, if you want help financing a dedicated box; I'll kick in 5 bucks or so a month.

20. Re: Conan Exiles Video Apr 27, 2018, 09:24 CthulhuFan

Darks wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 21:35:
CthulhuFan wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 15:44:
Also, searching Steam for Dark88 yields 75 results of which none have a beholder avatar. Probably I am a retard.

My Steam ID is [TBC] Kepi al-Duri

OK, just added you as a friend, hopefully that was you.

Let me know,

And its possible it could be under there as dark.

Yep, you got the right user, awesome. It showed up for me as "Dark". I did try searching that one but the result list was like 13K ;-)

18. Re: Conan Exiles Video Apr 26, 2018, 15:44 CthulhuFan

Also, searching Steam for Dark88 yields 75 results of which none have a beholder avatar. Probably I am a retard.

My Steam ID is [TBC] Kepi al-Duri

17. Re: Conan Exiles Video Apr 26, 2018, 15:19 CthulhuFan

Bought this on day one of early access. Had quite a lot of fun with it and thought that FunCom had a solid base to work with and just super kudos to all the effort put into server options etc.

Steam says I have about 26 hours into it, which seems legit, but I was just getting a feel for what they had as a base since it was paid beta.

Glad to hear that they ditched the clunky Bethesda style combat and I'm super excited to see what they implemented for the actual release; initially their promise of semi-twitch combat mechanics is what drew me to Age of Conan so I was sad when they went another direction there; hope this is more in line with the original vision.

In any event. Darks, SUPER cool of you to offer the PVE server; COUNT ME IN and let us know if we can help pay the bills. Your server settings sound right up my alley and I'd love to join in the fun.

Having just retired my R9 290X for a ROG Strix Vega 56 I'm very interested to see the launch product in full 4K and I wish FunCom all the luck. Can't have too many Howard or Lovecraft games on the market after all :-D

--CF

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2018, 15:34.

News Comments > Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed
12. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 19:33 CthulhuFan

Guess I'm the odd man out here. Thoroughly enjoyed them all. Moar please.  

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider September Release Confirmed
3. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider September Release Confirmed Mar 15, 2018, 14:07 CthulhuFan

Darks wrote on Mar 15, 2018, 11:15:
Love the Tomb Raider games, cant wait for this one. Should be great!

Yep, should be fun. Crossing fingers. Day 1 for me. Although it's the latest "Thief" team doing this one and not the folks from the last two, is that right?

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider in September?
3. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider in September? Mar 14, 2018, 12:39 CthulhuFan

Awesome news, I've been hoping for word of this having really enjoyed the last two. Having just installed a new card to replace my aging R9 290X, I am ret-2-go for this in 4K (hopefully).  

News Comments > Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed
23. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 6, 2018, 14:17 CthulhuFan

Task wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 10:21:

Same here, I don't particularly care if I don't get some super item thing in an ARPG. I just play them for a challenge and the fun of it. With D1, D2, and D3 I played them literally once to complete the single player and that was it. But understandably people play these aRPGs for differing reasons. I don't have Grim Dawn, but if the SP is pretty challenging/meaty I might consider trying this game - full price $24.99 sounds reasonable if there is lot's of content.

That's me in a nutshell too, I don't play Ultimate builds that require MI gear or whatever; I prefer to play veteran mode and just play with skills.

Everybody is different so I certainly respect folks liking this or that when it comes to ARPG but, for me personally, Grim Dawn is tits.

41 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo