Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CthulhuFan

Real Name CthulhuFan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2017, 23:13
Total Comments 19 (Suspect)
User ID 58462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 12, 2017, 17:51 CthulhuFan

Cutter wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 11:46:
Yeah because buying an intangible on margin is always the smart move. Rolleyes
If you are in it for profit, go with God.

The concept will improve and survive the pending speculative crash.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 12, 2017, 17:17 CthulhuFan

Agreed, it will be interesting to watch the virtual currency market and how it develops/matures over the next few decades. This is a beta test of the future of money. Fascinating.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 2, 2017, 17:20 CthulhuFan

I don't have to trust them to know that I'd prefer market competition over government regulation.

Upcharge to prioritize my packets? Residential user SLA? Sign. Me. Up.

News Comments > Seven: The Days Long Gone Released
13. Re: Seven: The Days Long Gone Released Dec 2, 2017, 15:24 CthulhuFan

Looks interesting especially for Steam Link play. When it hits $20 I'm in.  

News Comments > Black Mirror Trailer
1. Re: Black Mirror Trailer Nov 22, 2017, 11:47 CthulhuFan

This looks pretty interesting. Never heard of it or the original series before. May just pick it up after I finish Conarium.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 25, 2017, 12:42 CthulhuFan

Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 12:05:
Her 15 minutes have been over for a long time now. Time to move along.
Yup. Buh-bye.

"survived"... Okay...

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 12, 2017, 13:32 CthulhuFan

Beamer wrote on Jul 12, 2017, 09:30:
CthulhuFan wrote on Jul 12, 2017, 09:13:
The suit claims that Trump's Twitter feed is a public forum and an official voice of the president. Excluding people from reading or replying to his tweets—especially because they tweeted critical comments—amounts to a First Amendment breach, according to the lawsuit.
Private property, the constitution does not apply. Because they are publicly traded does not make them a public institution or service.

This is true for people that aren't the POTUS. But the rules are different for him. No one is claiming Twitter is a public institution or service, they're claiming the account of the President is.

If there is an official statement saying his account is official then, yup, I get it and agree.

I hadn't considered that the administration regarded his twitter activity as "official" and that, certainly, makes a difference.

However, if this is what they are going on then it's still pretty shaky ground IMO

"The President is the President of the United States, so they're considered official statements by the President of the United States," Spicer said, when asked during his daily briefing how they should be characterized. Spicer did not indicate whether that included both of the President's Twitter handles: @realDonaldTrump and @POTUS.

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 12, 2017, 09:13 CthulhuFan

The suit claims that Trump's Twitter feed is a public forum and an official voice of the president. Excluding people from reading or replying to his tweets—especially because they tweeted critical comments—amounts to a First Amendment breach, according to the lawsuit.
Private property, the constitution does not apply. Because they are publicly traded does not make them a public institution or service.

News Comments > Magic Duels Support Ending
7. Re: Magic Duels Support Ending Jun 28, 2017, 09:25 CthulhuFan

I was going to try to get into Duels until I read about them walking away from it after AKH and I'm not playing Magic Online, just no.

I wish them luck on their MMO but I am not even remotely interested in that. Good lord, I just wish you would get your shit together and offer a decent digital product.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Sells 1M Copies
8. Re: Grim Dawn Sells 1M Copies May 25, 2017, 11:26 CthulhuFan

Great news, I'm very happy for Crate.

Steam shows me at 206 hours so I guess it's kind of an okay game. ;-)

Seriously, way to go Crate, great job. When I need my ARPG fix, this is where I get it.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Banishes Servers
30. Re: Conan Exiles Banishes Servers Feb 9, 2017, 09:52 CthulhuFan

Update (source http://steamcommunity.com/games/440900/announcements/detail/579113052933850650):

A new update on official servers
FEBRUARY 9 - COMMUNITY MANAGER (JENS ERIK)
Dear Exiles,

A week ago we made the tough decision to end the partnership with our previous official server partner (see statement from 03.02.2017 for more information). Since then we’ve been working hard on getting new official servers online. You have been incredibly patient with us in this matter and we wanted to reach out and express our thanks for your patience.

We also have some good news for you. Today, when the next patch is released, we’ll start the process of bringing official servers back online.

First 81 servers will be going up in the US, with 31 European servers going up tomorrow. Servers will start with a player cap of 40, but this will increase as we monitor performance on the new hardware and are able to ensure an acceptable level of stability and server performance. The plan was for players to keep their progress, but we encountered some instances of corrupt data. Be prepared that there is a change your progress has been lost.

We are still waiting on hardware for servers on the west coast of the US, South America, Eastern Europe and Oceania. We will be receiving more hardware over the next few weeks and these servers will go up when the hardware is available. We know a lot of players in these territories are waiting for the official servers come up and we’re working hard to make that happen. We truly appreciate your patience.

We also wanted to make a comment about server settings: The settings on the official servers are not “the way we intended the game to be played”. We intended for server admins to create a wide variety of servers with different settings to players could choose a server that best fit their playstyle. We high encourage you to explore the thousands of player-run servers that are out there to find a server that suits you best.

Once again we thank you for your patience.

Your cross awaits, exiles.

Best regards,
The Conan Exiles team

29. Re: Conan Exiles Banishes Servers Feb 8, 2017, 13:19 CthulhuFan

They had a couple available briefly today for testing. Still no ETA. Apparently some "database issues". https://twitter.com/ConanExiles/status/828984962393190400

21. Re: Conan Exiles Banishes Servers Feb 6, 2017, 10:59 CthulhuFan

I believe they went with gameservers.com for this next attempt.

I will probably give the online play a try when they get the official servers spun up. But I imagine it's going to be a while before they get everything running nice and smooth.

I really didn't enter this EA with any real expectations, I guess I'm just used to EA titles being a complete mess when they start and I'm okay with that; if I'm not or have little faith in the capabilities of the devs then I don't buy. Not an opinion shared by a lot of the folks on the Steam forums. I look at EA as a buyer beware situation but it's apparent a lot of people were expecting quite a bit more.

There is a very recent Q&A session posted up on the Steam forum right now that may be of interest to someone: http://steamcommunity.com/app/440900/discussions/0/133256240739163040/

News Comments > Conan Exiles Early Access
27. Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Feb 1, 2017, 08:48 CthulhuFan

clint wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 15:55:
Quite a lot fun with friends. hosted with 2 friends co-op for 6 hours and loved the exploration of the new world. Got our moneys worth. Heaps to do, plenty of immersion, seems to be a involving story so potentially awesome if you like these type of games. Had more fun in this than a lot of those $60+ games that came out recently and I've just started. Single player would likely get boring after a short while, and the public servers likely a hit and miss affair. But highly recommend coop with a few friends.

Reading most of the negative comments on steam, people have real issues with EA games (but bought this one), expected bug free, lag free experience on day one, couldnt run the game on their pc, or seem to hate survival games in general (yet bought this one)?? Steam is filled with lots of cranky people giving real hatred filled reviews on games that they have played for less than a hour. Imagine reviewing the first halflife before the train ride is over, or oblivion before you get out of the sewers into the world. Too many people who hate games in general but review for the world to see. /rant

Yep, same gameplay experience here, I've been having a lot of fun solo on local. I knew better than to try and hop right on the servers. Right now I'm having a blast learning the mechanics, building stuff and exploring. I intend on hopping on the Blitz PVP when they get their stuff more stable and raise the player cap back up to 70.

I agree, also, about the Steam reviews. Honestly the game is in much better shape than I expected at this point so I am hopeful for the launch product.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Barbarian Edition
23. Re: Conan Exiles Barbarian Edition Jan 26, 2017, 16:06 CthulhuFan

This thread got me to thinking about PVE content and, although I'm not done searching, there was a statement from the dev saying that they will be maintaining 3 separate official servers (farms?) with each being one of PVP, PVE or Blitz PVP.

Which sounds nice to me as an older guy who can't dedicate the time required to maintain resources on a PVP server. So I can main a toon on PVE and when I want to get my murder on I can play on the Blitz PVP server which only persists for a month but your chars get "accelerated" progression then it gets wiped and everybody is back to ground 0.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Video; Livestream Today
7. Re: Call Of Cthulhu Trailer Jan 21, 2017, 09:48 CthulhuFan

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 20:58:

no its twitch-action focused on timing, sorta like dark souls-ish kinda thing

but again, its super wonky atm.. when everything is working correctly it doesnt look too bad, but that seems to be a rare occurence right now

I will probably still pick it up then as I enjoy that type of combat if they can pull it off. Even if it is a work in progress (which to be fair is reasonable to assume for an early access title). As I recall they were shooting for something similar for AoC in the beginning.

Also, apologies to everyone for the call of Cthulhu Trailer titles here. Not sure if my LastPass is form filling that or maybe I'm just subliminally trying to spread evil everywhere...

News Comments > Conan Exiles Video; Livestream Today
2. Re: Call Of Cthulhu Trailer Jan 20, 2017, 17:11 CthulhuFan

I will probably pick this up when it gets to EA on 31Jan. It will probably disappoint me like AoC did but I will give it a chance.

I don't know, so it's going to be focused on dragging corpses back to your altar to enable you to assume the avatar of your chosen deity to stomp around with? Meh.

I guess it will really come down to how well the melee combat is done; if it's more towards the MMO style with 10 bazillion hotbuttons with cooldowns and such I may just pass...

News Comments > Call Of Cthulhu Trailer
12. Re: Call Of Cthulhu Trailer Jan 19, 2017, 19:08 CthulhuFan

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 19:01:
CthulhuFan wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 18:19:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 14:01:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 12:05:
this looks good... getting a heavy "Undying" vibe from it

I loved and hated Undying, for it's time it was a scary game.

but I hate games where you have unkillable monsters and areas where you literally just had to run through because you had unkillable ghosts.

Wait, what? Lovecraftian horror is all about horrific things you have not a chance in hell of defeating. It is about your cosmic insignificance; you are like a bug to be crushed underfoot.

That can be achieved in over arcing storyline not in game designed areas to be open door, run from one door to another until you find what you need and hopefully you survived.

I think I spent 2 hours in this one mansion wing dying over and over just trying to find the item i needed while running from these ghosts, it just made it not fun.
Gotcha. Yep, agreed.

News Comments > Call Of Cthulhu Trailer
10. Re: Call Of Cthulhu Trailer Jan 19, 2017, 18:19 CthulhuFan

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 14:01:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 12:05:
this looks good... getting a heavy "Undying" vibe from it

I loved and hated Undying, for it's time it was a scary game.

but I hate games where you have unkillable monsters and areas where you literally just had to run through because you had unkillable ghosts.

Wait, what? Lovecraftian horror is all about horrific things you have not a chance in hell of defeating. It is about your cosmic insignificance; you are like a bug to be crushed underfoot.

19 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo