Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Bobbin

Real Name Bobbin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nailbender
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On November 21, 2016
Supporter -
Total Comments 68 (Suspect)
User ID 58435

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed

27. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Jan 17, 2020, 08:03 Nailbender

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 17, 2020, 07:16:
I wasn't even aware that there was an April "release" date window, but seriously is there a developer on this planet who has actually ever hit these?
They've announced a release date (not just a window) of April 16th 2020 during the last E3, on June 2019... that was also the specific date mentioned on GOG (now it moved to reflect the new one, of course).
And yeah, many developers release on schedule. Not all games get postponed. But for a game this massive, a delay is not surprising.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed

26. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Jan 17, 2020, 07:55 Nailbender

McTurbo wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 22:06:
(game stalled for Xbox series x and PlayStation 5 release this fall)
Nope, they have no plans to support the new platforms (as they say they want this to be their "crowning achievement for THIS generation"). Also, the new platforms are expected to release on the holiday season, after the new launch date.

News Comments > Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment

7. Re: Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment Jan 9, 2020, 13:27 Nailbender

Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 12:28:
I'm not sure you should be using the word "upcoming" when referring to this game

So... Downgoing?

News Comments > Diablo IV Item Changes

8. Re: Diablo IV Item Changes Dec 5, 2019, 02:36 Nailbender

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 4, 2019, 14:25:
Cool, hopefully this game ends up being great when it finally comes out in 2028.
I dunno, we haven't heard much of anything about the game but suddenly there's a (relative) explosion of info since BlizzCon (not just the trailer, gameplay videos from there and that's it). It sounds like it may come sooner than you guys think... Might be even as soon as 2023!

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $250M

41. Re: Star Citizen Passes $250M Dec 2, 2019, 04:07 Nailbender

Cutter wrote on Dec 1, 2019, 23:15:
robdot wrote on Dec 1, 2019, 17:57:
So,why would they ever release a product? Really,what's the motivation?

Uh, real money? Take GTA 5 for example. Since its launch in 2013 its made over 6 billion dollars so far. CoD, et al. are all billion dollar plus games. If they don't release a game - and something that's the best thing since sliced bread - then they've not only wasted $250+ mil they've missed out on the opportunity to make billions. And that will go down in gaming history as the biggest fuckup of all time.

Cutter, I'm with you here, just want to take a realistic look at things.
CR has developed games before, he's an industry veteran. It's well known that games that spend too much time in development are, more often than not, doomed to fail. I'm sure he knows that.
If finishing the game was CIG's motivation, I cannot believe we would have arrived at this point, 7 YEARS and $250 MILLION after the Kickstarter campaign (and $250 mil. is a budget almost no AAA game has ever had, and only some of the most expensive blockbuster movies for that matter), and they are still in Alpha, which STILL looks more like a tech demo than a game. I watched the videos. It's 7-8 years in production and still looking like a walking-flying-shooting simulator in space, vehicles and on planets. Impressive tech? Kinda (see what NMS did, and finished, in a much shorter time span, with much less budget, and a much smaller crew). Gorgeous graphics? Sure. Still no actual GAME in sight. Looks rather boring (and buggy!), I must say, and the crowd cheering wildly when the character puts on or removes the helmet in 1st person is, by now, pathetic to me. I could see why they would cheer over 5 years ago, but so much enthusiasm because of that now? 7-8 years (at least!) since development began?
Nope, CR and CIG are planning to live off donations and retire off of them. I would be surprised if they call anything they do "finished" within the coming decade at least. Hey, they got $250 mil. for building a buggy tech demo for 8 years, why try harder now?

News Comments > Star Citizen Free-Fly Event Underway

9. Re: Star Citizen Free-Fly Event Underway Nov 24, 2019, 13:52 Nailbender

Sempai wrote on Nov 24, 2019, 12:05:
It feels like a cult honestly..

Well, that's because it is, at least for some.

News Comments > Australian Fallout 76 Refund Fallout

7. Re: Australian Fallout 76 Refund Fallout Nov 1, 2019, 14:16 Nailbender

Nullity wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 13:16:
roguebanshee wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 12:40:
Darks wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 12:36:
The US needs to implement a law like this for us here. Time to make Developers and publisher more accountable for their sleazy tactics.
Won't happen as long as "industry interest groups" pay for election campaigns. Politicians pay them back by implementing laws that benefit those groups' interests.
This. The US has been an Oligarchic Corporatocracy for quite awhile now.
+1. Absolutely.

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer

21. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 19, 2019, 15:09 Nailbender

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 11:21:
Those are pretty modest specs, "Recommended" included.

Well, those are pretty modest graphics, as seen in the trailer.
Graphics look better than earlier trailers, but still doesn't look the level of AAA beasts such as, say, even TW3, and that came out 4 years ago.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare System Requirements

2. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare System Requirements Oct 9, 2019, 13:49 Nailbender

Acleacius wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 11:57:
Wtf Not that I will play this but must be really behind the times, just mocked a 150 gig storage game.
Yeah, I'm with you, and I suppose you mean the just-released specs for RDR2 PC? Because I was surprised when I saw that (although I knew the day would come, and more than 100GB would be normal) and doubled my surprise to see this...
175GB is almost 1/5 of a 1TB HDD! If each game would be close to 200GB, you can put only 5 games on such a HDD...

News Comments > Evening Consolidation

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 17, 2019, 07:50 Nailbender

"Death Stranding Sequels Might Be Necessary, Kojima Says."
How can he tell, after he himself admitted he's not entirely sure what his game means or is about?

News Comments > Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch

40. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 15, 2019, 14:07 Nailbender

Zord wrote on Sep 15, 2019, 08:53:

Hm, BL3 makes (great) use of Epic's Unreal Engine, as do many other games. If it ever does release on Steam, will still launch through the EGS launcher.

Huh? Many, many other games use Epic's Unreal Engine, a lot of them are on Steam and don't even once mention EGS.
Where does that statement come from?

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC

2. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 11:57 Nailbender

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 11:43:
Fuck multiplayer. The end is nigh... Raincloud Raincloud Raincloud
Well, as long as it's free and wouldn't be required to play single player, I don't see the problem. It can just be ignored by those not interested in it.

News Comments > Celeste and Inside Free on Epic Games Store

12. Re: Celeste and Inside Free on Epic Games Store Aug 30, 2019, 08:55 Nailbender

Creston wrote on Aug 30, 2019, 08:32:
in case you need to start clearing hard drive space for all these 100% discounts

Here's an interesting question: How many people actually install/play these Freebies they're snagging up, be it from Epic or anywhere else?

Well, most of my library on the EGS is made of freebies. Out of those, I have installed and played:
Axiom Verge
City of Brass
Kingdom - New Lands (I think it was a freebie...)
Rime
Stories Untold (completed - highly recommended)
Torchlight (completed main quest)

So, here's one who actually installs and plays those free games. They actually offer pretty good ones, especially now with Inside and Celeste (Inside is one of the better gaming experiences I remember).

News Comments > EVERSPACE 2 Announced

7. Re: EVERSPACE 2 Announced Aug 20, 2019, 16:45 Nailbender

Wait... PS4 + end of 2021?
Well, it seems that the PS5 is farther off than I believed.

News Comments > Limbo Free on EGS

6. Re: Limbo Free on EGS Jul 19, 2019, 07:06 Nailbender

Steele Johnson wrote on Jul 18, 2019, 21:13:
One of my favs. I really enjoyed Inside as well. Playdead makes some sweet games

I wholeheartedly agree. Limbo and Inside (the latter even more than the former) are some of my most memorable gaming experiences ever, and proof that you don't need to have a long or overly complex game to be successful and have an impact on players. Besides, both are in a genre that I love dearly and almost no one makes games in nowadays (cinematic puzzle-platformer), and both are obvious love letters to classics like Another World, Flashback and the like, both of which I played as a teenager. It's wonderful that it's offered for free.

Just for the record: Playdead do make some sweet games - but currently, those are their only games. The gap between Limbo and Inside was about 6 years (I remember waiting for Inside to come out like very few other games in my life), and after Inside I read that one of the founders of the company left it. So... All I'm saying is I hope they'll continue to maintain the quality of their games, and hopefully with a smaller gap between them, but of course, they should take all the time they need if this is what's necessary to put out their games with this level of polish and quality.

News Comments > RiME Free on Epic Games Store

8. Re: RiME Free on Epic Games Store May 24, 2019, 05:57 Nailbender

RedEye9 wrote on May 23, 2019, 20:10:
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the quality of these freebies is slightly lower than awesome.
Just finished Stories Untold yesterday (the last freebie before RiME on epic store), it was quite awesome for a freebie. Short but sweet.
I also saw many good reviews about RiME, and from the first hour of the game, it doesn't disappoint - I would even pay for it (maybe not the full price, but that isn't very high to begin with).
So, no, I don't really think so. Thimbleweed Park was also free there, and I wanted a chance to play it for a long time, so that was the perfect chance (didn't get to it yet).

And all this without saying a word about you complaining about something you get for free.

News Comments > Casey Hudson on Fixing BioWare's Culture

13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 5, 2019, 02:47 Nailbender

NicklePop wrote on Apr 5, 2019, 00:31:
Shock wrote on Apr 4, 2019, 19:57:

The hard part is that the real mission is "Maintain profit while stopping harmful stuff." A much more complication evolution

Profit motive means stopping harmful stuff ...

Ya commie.

Umm... Harmful stuff (and practices) sometimes yield more profit. So...

News Comments > Metro Exodus Released

21. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 16, 2019, 04:55 Nailbender

Frijoles wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 10:23:
Posted this in another comment section:

Metro needs more patches. Game crashes/minimizes every 30 - 90 seconds. I'm on a 1080ti running it on Steam. Clicking the icon puts it back in, but that's no way to play. Audio hitches. Game stutters a bit, despite the FPS counter sitting around 80 on High. I had it on Ultra but lowered it to see if it'd fix the crashing. Motion blur can't be turned off. Game not responding from time to time. *sigh* It's a shame. It looks like the story will be good, but not with all these problems...

Yeah, I think I saw this message elsewhere as well. Just to add my own voice - I didn't encounter any of those issues, and I have a 980ti, so my rig is probably older than yours. However, I didn't pre-order it from Steam: at a whim, I bought it on the Epic store yesterday (launcher and all). Played it for a couple of hours, no such issues. The game is nice so far, not yet everything it promises to be, but I barely scratched the surface.

News Comments > Into the Black

4. Re: Into the Black Nov 17, 2018, 03:47 Nailbender

Three comments and not a single word about the creator of The Princess Bride?! Inconceivable!  

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale

18. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 11, 2018, 15:56 Nailbender

"...selling a used copy of The Evil Within 2 which had never been opened."

How can a physical copy of a game be used AND unopened?

68 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >