Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bobbin

Real Name Bobbin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nailbender
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 21, 2016, 17:41
Total Comments 45 (Suspect)
User ID 58435

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions
16. Re: Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions Jul 18, 2018, 12:36 Nailbender

Rhett wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 11:00:
Meanwhile, in Diablo 4 land...

crickets

I'm not sure you can even hear crickets in a game which is yet to exist...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 22, 2018, 11:51 Nailbender

"2 + 2 = 4, er, 4.1, no, 4.3..."
Ha, even a rapper is better at this than the mighty Titan V!
"2 + 2 is 4 - 1 that's 3, quick mafs!"

News Comments > AMID EVIL Early Access
1. Re: AMID EVIL Early Access Mar 12, 2018, 17:54 Nailbender

So... AMD EVIL?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 28, 2018, 14:06 Nailbender

...And no Zoltan?  

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive to Require Internet Connection, Offer Microtransactions
7. Re: Metal Gear Survive to Require Internet Connection, Offer Microtransactions Jan 18, 2018, 14:16 Nailbender

I suppose this is why Kojima left. Konami decided to stop making computer and console games, and instead focus on slot machines and gambling - this is the result. EA's shit is not helping, of course. The cash-grabbing studious see that it's possible, so they'll do the same.  

News Comments > Subnautica This Month
16. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2018, 17:40 Nailbender

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 17:05:

Well of course I mean EA and not EA. Fuck EA, and most EA as well. Especially EA from EA. I've still found going in on most EA to be a mistake, especially the aforementioned EA from EA. Yet, some EA, like this, is good EA. I hope that clarifies things.

Well, thanks for EAing that up! Also, I fully agree, fuck EA, and EA from EA, but not all EA. Some EA are pretty good. But not EA of course, or EA from EA.

News Comments > Subnautica This Month
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2018, 12:54 Nailbender

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 11:48:
These are two EA games I'm actually glad to support.

I immediately took to Steam to make sure - it seemed very strange to me that EA would support such games, and that they would be good if they belong to EA. It took me a moment or two... Early Access.

I think it's best to try and find a different abbreviation to this phrase. Saying that both those games are "EA" nearly gave me a heart attack. I don't know the other game mentioned, but Subnautica looks to be REAL good. I watched Markiplier play it, there really seems to be a lot of thought and care put into this game (so, big shame if EA ruins it ).

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 in March
42. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 in March Jan 7, 2018, 08:24 Nailbender

Kxmode wrote on Jan 7, 2018, 03:13:
TheVocalMinority wrote on Jan 7, 2018, 00:30:

LOL I think you have all misunderstood post 25.

Man I love these Star Citizen discussions.

I understood 25 perfectly. It's a sarcastic take on post 22. I'm merely adding to post 25. NicklePop sounds like a villain.

Thanks so much guys, for letting me know at least *some* people here got my comment right.

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 2018, 17:36.

25. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 in March Jan 6, 2018, 18:10 Nailbender

NicklePop wrote on Jan 6, 2018, 17:51:

You'll be playing Star Citizen in the future.

You'll sheepishly apologize to the internet at that time!

YOU WILL BE PLAYING STAR CITIZEN IN THE FUTURE. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY CHRIS ROBERTS AND GIVE HIM ALL YOUR MONIEZ. ASSIMILATION (of your bank accounts) IS IMMINENT. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. WE ARE CIG. IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING THIS GAME, YOU ARE CLINICALLY INSANE, AN INFERIOR BEING AND YOUR LICENSE TO LIVE IS HEREBY REVOKED.
(Oh, you want your license to live back? No problem! Support us by only a few million dollars!)

19. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 in March Jan 6, 2018, 16:30 Nailbender

Oh, I didn't realize that "late March" is an actual date, Chris. Thanks for letting us know!  

News Comments > Paradox Wrench
1. Re: Paradox Wrench Jan 4, 2018, 10:34 Nailbender

Not sure if an homage to, or a ripoff of Portal.  

News Comments > Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks
31. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 02:26 Nailbender

"...indicating these tank packages start at an eye-opening $95 and escalate to a sphincter-opening $725."

I'm LOLing till now. This is one of the reasons why I come here every day. Gotta love Blue's honest way of news coverage.

News Comments > The Battle for Star Control Continues
3. Re: The Battle for Star Control Continues Dec 6, 2017, 03:34 Nailbender

"For those not interested in the original DOS experience, there is the amazing Ur-Quan Masters project which is free."

...which offers both the original DOS experience as well as the 3DO one. Free of charge. On modern systems.

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Dec 5, 2017, 02:46 Nailbender

Slick wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 02:33:
Yeah, they pretty much doubled the credits you earn if you do well. Also, they made it so AFK farmers get 1 credit at the end of the match, so pretty much solved both problems.

Nice to see no one gives a flying fuck as it doesn't further the narrative that DICE is evil.

I actually believe no one gives a fuck because the PR damage is done. It doesn't matter what they do with this game now, the interest in it is way, way down and cannot be brought back.

Also, I don't think that's DICE who's evil, it most certainly is EA.

News Comments > Who Controls Star Control?
24. Re: Who Controls Star Control? Dec 4, 2017, 12:14 Nailbender

ForgedReality wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 10:52:
Fuck, man! I only ever cared about Ghosts of the Precursors, not that other dumb looking one with the Star Control name. Now it's not even gonna happen. Loevely. Fuck you, humanity. I'm moving to Zeta Vulpecula.

Be sure not to miss any Rainbow World you pass by! Auric Worlds are great as well.
(But seriously, you're absolutely right. I would try the new Stardock game when it comes out, but the new Ghosts game is obviously the real deal. The situation is seriously fucked up.)

News Comments > Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours
9. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 12:23 Nailbender

MrGrosser wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 11:37:
OldDirtyEwok wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 11:31:
The micro transactions in Black Ops 3 were far worse, where was the horde then??

No one plays CoD games anymore. So no one cared. But if you try to screw up our beloved and precious Star Wars franchise... oh man.

I dunno, it seems Black Ops 3 sold a bit more units than what I would call "a game no-one played", according to this: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/85359/call-of-duty-black-ops-3/

Don't get me wrong, I myself don't care - haven't bought or played a game in the franchise for years. But this series keeps marching on boldly, despite receiving continuously bad reviews, on steam and otherwise. I'll be damned if I know why it keeps selling so well if the games are really so mediocre - but maybe it's the same effect that EA knows will work for their advantage as well. A franchise with firm enough roots that even things like what happens to it now will not hurt it severely for the long run. That's probably why they know they can disable MTX only temporarily. They will return - and people will pay. It's just a matter of time.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 15, 2017, 16:21 Nailbender

Creston wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 10:15:
I really wish CDPR would stop making these grandiose claims. Witcher 3 was already fucking amazing. There are plenty of people who consider it the best RPG of all time, if not the best game of all time outright. They're putting such absurd pressure on themselves to outdo themselves, and if you saw that six part documentary about the Witcher 3 (very much recommended), you can see what a strain it was for them to do the Witcher 3 in the first place.

They're going to kill themselves for no good reason. People will be just fine if you make something AS good as the Witcher 3 in a Cyberpunk setting. Shit, most people will shit their pants for something that good.

CD Projekt RED is aiming for better sales this time around and hopes Cyberpunk 2077 will be a bigger beast when it comes to commercial success. "The Witcher is an unquestionably very good game--a great success in commercial terms. We are very happy but it's still far from the world records. Individual games can sell much much better. With this in mind, creating the phenomenal Cyberpunk we hope to do even better with this title than we already did with The Witcher 3," he said.

I mean, Jesus Christ, fellas... The world records? What, you're expecting this to sell 80 million copies a la GTA5? Or 100 million+??

Stop setting yourselves up for failure.

This. A million times this.
They should strive to make this game a DAMN GOOD GAME, and that's IT. Regardless of what came before it. Probably the same mechanics, gameplay, story and other elements that worked for W3 will not work for this game. Please, CDPR, please just make it a good one, and don't bury yourself under hyperbole.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 9, 2017, 07:05 Nailbender

You probably mean: "Actually Shoundsh a little depresshing".  

News Comments > GOG Revives Three Sierra Classics
10. Re: GOG Revives Three Sierra Classics Nov 9, 2017, 07:02 Nailbender

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 20:15:
Drakan "lesser known"? Que el fucko?!?

That game was bundled with just about every single graphics card on the market for a year or two back in the day and given away for free on magazine CDs/DVDs about a billion times.

Seriously, in Y2K it probably would have been harder to find a single PC owner who did NOT own a copy of Drakan (or at least heard of it) than the other way around.

Really? Too bad I didn't know it at the time - I bought a full priced, boxed copy (but probably just when it came out, before copies were abundant I guess). It really was something back then.

Also, Rise of the Dragon! Sweet. I also never played Heart of China I think, but heard of it.

News Comments > Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins
58. Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 5, 2017, 04:01 Nailbender

jdreyer wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 01:30:
When Denuvo first came out, it took months to crack. So the corporations got some perceived value there.

ACO has been out a week, and still no crack. So they're perceiving value with this currently. The longer it goes uncracked, the more they will feel justified in this expenditure and implementation.

Good to know, thanks for that. If anything, it means that DRM may be doing a bit more for game sales than I thought. Not much, mind you, because one DRM method can only last about a month in the market before being cracked, and once cracked it's pretty useless of course. Still not a very good way to prevent piracy IMO.

45 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo