Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rocket

Real Name Rocket   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacote
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2016, 01:31
Total Comments 417 (Amateur)
User ID 58409

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping XP and Vista Support
8. Re: Blizzard Dropping XP and Vista Support Jul 20, 2017, 12:32 Dacote

El Pit wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 12:15:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 10:26:
The loud objection will come when they drop Win7.

Kenobi: "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of nerds with tinfoil hats suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."
It's going to take a big roll or two.
Anyone still on XP/Vista had to see this coming from miles away.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 20, 2017, 12:01 Dacote

Cheers to Samsung for apologizing and removing their haggard sexist hashtags, now if they would only remove the scourge that is bixby.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 11, 2017, 11:14 Dacote

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 11, 2017, 10:26:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 11, 2017, 09:25:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 11, 2017, 09:09:
To be honest, taking a charging phone in the bathtub is imo intentional suicide
Not all 14 year old's have degrees in electrical engineering.
GFCI plugs are installed for that very reason.

Are GFCI plugs mandatory in Texas? Because sure doesn't seem like they were installed in this case. Or a modern circuit breaker for that matter.

Just realized in EU, this is so mandatory that we don't have custom plugs for that, we have it mounted directly in the circuit breaker box for ALL circuits in the house. It's 100% mandatory. So yeah, wtf is this case? Texan house without modern circuit breakers in 2017?
Is that the road you want to go down at night with no headlights. Not much can be done for pre-existing homes, and I imagine some older apartment's are grandfathered. Don't know and don't care, but to claim it's an obvious suicide is the coolest.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
22. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 10, 2017, 21:56 Dacote

SlimRam wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 21:07:
It's treasonous and it apparently runs in the family.
You can bet your ass you won't see that on Fox & friends, which needs to die already.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2017, 19:51 Dacote

All the advantages of legalized mary jane with none of the hastles, except that kid part.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2017, 12:06 Dacote

Cutter wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 12:03:
Primalchrome wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 10:51:
Stan Lee's wife just passed away....statistically that is not a good sign for him. We'll lose a major creative/comedic celebrity when he moves on. The MCU franchise has done a fantastic job of using him to help push the films....and unlike DC they have been well received for the most part.

Are you kidding me? They should have never let that egomaniac into the films. Just breaks the fourth wall all the time. And he doesn't deserve even 1/4 of the credit he claims. We'll lose nothing except another egomaniac in a world overflowing with them. You're the first person I've ever heard that even remotely likes him, much less believes he's a major talent, lol!
Nothing is less edgy than an Angry white man acting angry just for attention. Sad
Sad and angry.
Sangry

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 6, 2017, 22:05 Dacote

Skype, face time for people that don't know better.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 6, 2017, 22:03 Dacote

WalMart fires an underpaid employee who was already receiving government assistance.

You get to stand in line waiting for billy bob to figure out "how to operate this confounded contraption", all the while you're enjoying the smell of his kids "loaded" diapers.

Wal-Marts, the bane of white trash everywhere.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 5, 2017, 20:59 Dacote

DarkV wrote on Jul 5, 2017, 20:34:
Thanks CNN. You've managed to piss off 4 chan and reddit over this. Even more people are jumping on the Trump train. MAGA
Or you know, facts.
Hair Furhers Disapproval ratings are soaring while its approval is tanking. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

63. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2017, 21:51 Dacote

Kxmode wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 21:47:
NKD wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 21:52:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 20:13:
Exactly, well said. Why do stars fuse hydrogen into helium? There is no 'why'. It is what happens.

You really want to have your mind fucked read or listen to that book I linked to Kxmode about Something Rather Than Nothing.

Thanks! I'll give it a review.

I also like the excellent assortment of Blu-ray quality scientific documentaries on Curiosity Stream. Of course whenever they drift into the evolutionary aspect of the planet's "creation" then I tend to zone out. The earth is too well formed with thousands of complex interconnected systems to be a randomly created oddity in the cosmos. Anyhow, again, thanks for the read suggestion.
When it gets to the sci-ency parts my brain turns off.
Holy Shit batman

29. Re: Non-sequitur Jul 4, 2017, 21:47 Dacote

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 21:26:
Unfortunately, the better videos I have seen were on TV, not on the Internet. Many professional cyclists have come forward to say they believe a disqualification is too harsh a punishment. I certainly would hope they know more than I do...
A tie goes to the runner.
Several progressional cyclist have come forward to say they believe it was a grievous offense.
“There was no reason for that elbow,” said Hammond. “As a former professional bike rider I know the way it is done.”
I don't do TV so I will never know.

News Comments > Independence Day Legal Briefs
2. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2017, 10:50 Dacote

NKD wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 10:12:
Smart to not trust Trump with voter info.
when offered the ring Gandalf said: "Don't tempt me Frodo! I dare not take it. Not even to keep it safe. Understand Frodo, I would use this Ring from a desire to do good. But through me, it would wield a power too great and terrible to imagine."

I doubt Tangerine Jesus would respond that intelligently.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2017, 10:18 Dacote

25% increased risk of early death from any cause,
I quit taking PPI's and now when i cross the street I only look both ways every other time.
I figure it evens out.

55. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2017, 09:59 Dacote

TheVocalMinority wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 08:13:
VaranDragon wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 12:35:
Even in the Soviet Union, during the worst of its dark years under Stalin, they didn't dare dismiss the work and findings of scientists at home, and even across the globe.

It's probably a bit late in the day to head of this particular piece of anti-trump hysteria but it reminded me of this editorial in Nature:
http://www.nature.com/news/beware-the-anti-science-label-1.21956

It's not anti-dipshit hysteria, it is
Pro-America tranquility.

Good article btw.

47. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2017, 22:39 Dacote

Bill Burr rekt apple users  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2017, 14:43 Dacote

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 13:19:
VaranDragon wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 13:02:
Nice thread hijack attempt. Stop this bullshit, plenty of scientists are very religious. Or at least believe in creation. Einstein was a pretty famous one who did too. They are just smart enough to not mix beliefs with actual facts. The best scientist is one who asks questions and looks for answers. Not one who already believes he has answers and then attempts to validate them. So stop your religious trolling once and for all.
Don't tease him when he can't respond.
Kxmode wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 18:49:
I'm sure many of you are familiar with the expression "pearls before swine." Jesus uses this expression as counsel in his Sermon on the Mount. Notably, he states, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, neither throw your pearls before swine, that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open." (Matthew 7:6) In the Bible pearls illustratively were associated with wisdom. Evidently, Jesus meant that, if a person shows that they have no appreciation for spiritual things one should not further endeavor to share religious thoughts and teachings with the person.

Very much duly noted! You guys can thank Jesus for his wise words and indirect principle to stop posting such things here. In other words, I am personally banning myself of such posts.
He's slept since then.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2017, 18:51 Dacote

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 18:39:
Let's all just remember that SIN actually was a thing once, had a episodic game made, and promised it's buyers that there'd be 9 episodes

Episodes delivered?
Oh yeah, 1 really buggy mess.
blue posted this today in the ootb above Images: Only one episode... Thanks MeanJim.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 20:56 Dacote

jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 20:45:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 13:38:
BobBob wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 12:48:
The question is can the president constitutionally be obstructive? He's the top dog and according to experts he can initiate, stop, or block any investigation -- even Comey said that. Does it disrupt the function of our democracy? That's what Congress must decide.
Oh, they can -- but the GOP controlled House won't. As I have said previously, barring a legally created recording of Trump admitting to a criminal offense, he will not be impeached.
The president can commit any crime he wants then grant himself clemency, per the Constitution. I bet the Repubs still would not impeach him.
It's good to be the king, with sean spicer playing the roll of piss boy.

nytimes; Comeys testimony highlights

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 2017, 21:14.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 20:39 Dacote

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 20:28:
I liked milk as a kid and I still like it now. Probably drank a half gallon or more a day all the way up to and through high school. Real milk, whole milk. Can't stand that 2% or skim stuff. And I can't say what portion it played, probably a lot less than my genes, but I did grow to be 6' 2.5" tall.

That said, I don't drink it that much these days because I prefer to not "drink my calories". But every now and then I'll splurge and buy a gallon.
There is no substitute for cow juice on cereal or a full glass with a chocolate chip cookie.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 7, 2017, 19:55 Dacote

was that dank  

417 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo