Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rocket

Real Name Rocket   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacote
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2016, 01:31
Total Comments 441 (Amateur)
User ID 58409

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 21, 2017, 11:30 Dacote

The internet would be a horrible place without fact checking sites like snopes.com. David Mikkelson should get a Nobel Peace prize.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NieR: Automata Sells Two Million Copies
4. Re: NieR: Automata Sells Two Million Copies Sep 21, 2017, 11:06 Dacote

Kajetan wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 10:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 10:15:
No need to patch if it's already sold 2 million copies and the community has fixed the issue. /sarc
It isnt very clear, if they SOLD two million units or just SHIPPED two million units. The difference is quite important, because i can ship two million copies and sell only a few dozen
In May there were 1.5 million shipped and sold for the PS4, steamdb shows 585k owners.
I doubt there is a giant warehouse overflowing with Nier Automata games by someone trying to corner the market.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Sep 21, 2017, 09:38 Dacote

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 19:53:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I would love to hear the pitch made to the money guys which convinced them to fund the project... because frankly, other than heavy kick backs I can't imagine why someone would put up the money.
It can't be any worse than Wonder Woman.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Review Fallout
8. Re: Fallout 4 Review Fallout Sep 20, 2017, 12:35 Dacote

Creston wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 12:22:
Dacote wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 11:44:
That's always been the purpose of reading reviews, you occasionally have to get off your ass and do some research. Steam has made it easier by doing some of the research in advance.

Yeah, no? The point of a review is to help me decide if I want to buy something. Showing me a graph that tells me "Hey, for some reason there's now some negative stuff about this game that's causing negative reviews" without any kind of context whatsoever is about as useful as a tit on a wallet.

But hey, at least all Valve had to do was put in 20 lines of code and they were done. So thank God they were spared all that work other actual solutions might have entailed.

At the very least, they could notice something is getting review bombed, and put a little link in the review section that says "This game is getting mostly negative reviews because of {LINK}." But again, that would cause someone to have to wheel his desk over and do something other than making hats.
So you're saying you would trust Valves reasoning for the dips or rises instead of reading the actual reviews themselves.

What you bring up has it's pros and cons. Entitled whiny review bombers have short memory's and quickly move on to the next big thing to get "upset" about. But not if the review Graph keeps reminding them of some perceived slight, it will never go away and the reviews will be worth less than they already are. IMHO

News Comments > Fallout 4 Review Fallout
5. Re: Fallout 4 Review Fallout Sep 20, 2017, 11:44 Dacote

Creston wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 11:25:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 10:05:
That right there is a fine example of review bombing.
The revised Steam review plan is gonna come in handy.

Not really. I mean, the onus is going to be entirely on the person viewing the reviews to go look at some chart, see that it's gotten a lot of terrible reviews just recently, and then interpret that to mean that it's being review bombed for some reason unrelated to the actual game itself, which in itself is going to require you are aware of what's going on with the game and everything around it.

How many are going to do that, or magically come to the right conclusion? I mean, if you don't know anything about Fallout 4, how do you know that this is because of some backlash over their shitty creators' club, rather than a terrible patch they released? It's going to require legwork on the part of the person viewing that data to come to the right conclusion.

I mean, I guess it beats them doing absolutely nothing, but as far as Valve is concerned, this is the closest they can get to doing absolutely nothing while pretending they're doing something. They'd make absolutely fantastic politicians.

That's always been the purpose of reading reviews, you occasionally have to get off your ass and do some research. Steam has made it easier by doing some of the research in advance.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2017, 11:18 Dacote

So the creator of Pepe the Frog is defending his copyright against conservative racist trolls. Furie has hired intellectual property lawyers to defend his creation against misuse by racists, and he is winning.
Way to go dude, keep up the good fight.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2017, 10:54 Dacote

With a tartar sauce like this, you know it's got to be good:
Water,Soybean Oil, Corn Syrup, Distilled Vinegar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Pickles,Modified Food
Starch,Egg Yolk,Salt, Sugar, Sucrose,...
Probably ties w/your favorite macdonalds chicken nugget dipping sauce. Juggle

News Comments > $45K Star Citizen Refund?
54. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 18:20 Dacote

Redditor Mogmentum was told to kill his story or the check would not clear. Being no dummy he complied.  

News Comments > $45K Star Citizen Refund?
14. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 11:36 Dacote

grudgebearer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 11:02:
The original post on Reddit has been updated with additional proof.

Make of it what you will
Ain't no one ever faked a video before. And faking a screen refresh sure don't sound majorly complicated.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 13, 2017, 10:57 Dacote

The dotus reaffirming that regulating business is bad.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 13, 2017, 10:54 Dacote

Equifax makes Kaspersky look good.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 13, 2017, 10:52 Dacote

Major blow for Tesla.
Civil lawsuit soon to be announced.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
20. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 12, 2017, 15:39 Dacote

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 08:52:
Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 23:54:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 12, 2017, 08:57.

The only person on this board that bitches about more things than you do is CJ. You're miserable, and seem to spend as much time as possible trying to make everyone else here miserable. When called out, you call them a troll or a hypocrite or a conservative or a liberal or an SJW.

Buy a mirror, look into it, say the words you're about to type into it, and see how it makes you look.
They would just shatter anyway but mirrors are strictly forbidden in psychopath households.
It's hard to be such an angry entitled "white" man with all the benefits the race entails but the canuck manages to pull it off.
sad

25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2017, 19:12 Dacote

Kxmode wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 18:04:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 06:14:
Saturn's gravity at surface is less than Earth due to it being so much less dense. So the gravity well is a non issue. Pressure is also a non issue. Cassini is not designed for reentry and will be destroyed by heat as soon as it breaches the mesosphere. When you hit atmo at 50k mph, you heat up several thousand degrees. This is a problem even on planets with almost no atmo like Mars. Cassini can't take the heat and will be destroyed before pressure has exceeded 0.1 atmo. It will never get far enough to experience 10 or 20 Atmos of pressure in Saturn's lower atmosphere.

Cool beans. Let us hope before it goes out in a blaze of glory it gets plenty of photos.
jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 15:02:
How to steer a spacecraft into Saturn

I can't wait to see these pics. Incredible.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2017, 13:53 Dacote

Capella wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 12:14:

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 2, 2017, 11:10 Dacote

How much did the tRump foundation donate? Oh snap, nevermind.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Another Creators update Sep 1, 2017, 22:29 Dacote

Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2017, 20:13:
In the meantime, 1703 broke massive amounts of security apps at my work, to the point where we've reverted back to 1607.

Basically MS is saying to the enterprise "Fuck you, here's a Service Pack every five months to fuck your shit up, and you're gonna like it because where else are you gonna go?"

How dare you sir.
Microsoft bestowed Windows 10 on us for free, Free i say.
Not only was it free but it comes with edge, game mode and dx12.
You will use it and You Will Like IT!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2017, 12:07 Dacote

Cutter wrote on Sep 1, 2017, 11:54:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2017, 11:42:
Hey y'all. I'm looking for some glasses I can wear to magnify my monitor so I can put the text smaller and get more screen real estate.

Any suggestions?

Get glasses from eyebuydirect dawt com. I've bought 2 pairs from them so far and I'm super happy with them.

https://www.eyebuydirect.com/ looks good.
JD, you don't mention if you need per-scription peekers or just plain readers.
I get a 3 pack of tough readers at my local dollar store for about $10 bucks. They ain't stylish but who cares.
You are probably at the age that a visit to the ophthalmologist is not such a bad idea, just to make sure your orbs are healthy.

Edit:
Ninja'ed by op

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2017, 21:10 Dacote

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 21:04:
cause or caused

That is the question, and I am too lazy to click the link
If only I could see what you wrote, I am typing this by sense of smell.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2017, 19:12 Dacote

Hummingbird Pool Party Number Five
Miniature Hitchcock

441 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo