Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for xLith

Real Name xLith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xLith
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2016, 16:25
Total Comments 21 (Suspect)
User ID 58361

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Shutting Down

2. Re: Marvel Heroes Shutting Down Nov 15, 2017, 19:18 xLith

Cutter wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 19:16:
So I'm guessing their license expired and Marvel said something to the effect of 'We want 10x as much monies now!' To which Gazillion replied something like, 'Eff you. We're out.'

Probably and that was a one of those "Free 2 Play" games in which I'm sure they made a ton of money from and are now screwing all of those players.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Play Rainbow Six Siege for Free This Weekend

2. Re: Play Rainbow Six Siege for Free This Weekend Nov 15, 2017, 14:58 xLith

NewMaxx wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 09:43:
237H in this bad boy. What a value!

One of my best purchases in recent years.

News Comments > Wild West Online Early Access

9. Re: Wild West Online Early Access Nov 15, 2017, 14:53 xLith

I forget the name of the game but it was one of those DayZ rip offs. After a quick search, WarZ maybe?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 21, 2017, 13:01 xLith

panbient wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 12:22:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 10:36:
Think of all the rookie MMO players that wouldn't have been pranked if the Ctrl-Alt-Delete was single button though!

Yeah... pranks.

Consider how many times you've accidentally pressed the Windows button while in a game and had the Start menu pop up over the action. Only instead of a minor inconvenience it's a full system reboot.

Gates might be a genius but that's a horrible idea.

Most decent keyboards have a switch to disable the windows button. It's 2017. I'm sure we could figure a way around it being a problem.

News Comments > EverQuest Ring of Scale Expansion Announced

2. Re: EverQuest Ring of Scale Expansion Announced Sep 21, 2017, 12:58 xLith

Was still fun before Daybreak bought them. After they cancelled EQ Next, I stopped playing though. Will not support any games from Daybreak. Pantheon is at least looking like a decent successor to the original EQ.  

News Comments > Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced

14. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 21, 2017, 20:24 xLith

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 20:13:
HoSpanky wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 19:56:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 19:30:
Kajetan wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 19:03:
Probably only via Windows Store ...

Yep. At least at first and therefore zero fucks given for now.

It's also scary when they explicitly promote the most basic of features like being able to select idle villagers. Who are they trying to impress with that sort of crap? Console peasants?

I'll check this out when (or if) it releases on other platforms than the Win store and sells for less than $10. For now: Yawn. Next.

You DO realize the feature of being able to select idle villagers is being shown for the updated ORIGINAL game, yes? That's not AoE4.

ooops

What's the difference between the Windows Store, Origin, the Epic Launcher, and Uplay? Nothing, just none of them are Steam.

Joke question, right? Look, I would have (almost) no problems with the Windows store per se if it would be just a Steam, Origin, uPlay or Battle.net clone... except it isn't? Have you not followed the whole history of how they were trying to force their garbage uber DRM UWP restrictions down our throats with the Win store?

Fuck Microsoft. I will boycott the Win store out of principle just for the attempt of that shitty walled garden approach and also because of GFWL.
My legit copy of Age of Empires III went down the drain with GFWL. They never added it to Microsoft accounts (yes I used the same e-mail address for GFWL and my MS account) or gave legit owners alternative keys.

Ironically, I can still see I bought AoE III in my account history on my MS account so they *do* have a track record of purchases. Welp. Where the fucking fuck is my game, Microsoft? Why would I buy a game from the Win store and risk a repeat of them stealing/flushing my legit games? Not gonna happen. Once bitten, twice shy. Fuck the Windows store. First thing I uninstalled when I upgraded. Never looked back.

I agree that a million launchers is annoying but using DRM in the argument isn't valid. All of these platforms are/have DRM. I too wish I could just keep everything on Steam but those days are long gone.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Q&A Wednesday

11. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Q&A Wednesday Apr 30, 2017, 20:45 xLith

FloorPie wrote on Apr 30, 2017, 19:39:
Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2017, 16:56:
Stay awhile and listen....

Only to watch him killed by a witch with butterfly magic.

Yep with an in-game cutscene too. Such a shame. Should of at least had a CGI death.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Q&A Wednesday

3. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Q&A Wednesday Apr 30, 2017, 16:15 xLith

Flatline wrote on Apr 30, 2017, 15:20:
Yawn.

Just f*cking release the character. I can't believe they're hyping this for as long as they are.

Blizzard moves in geological time scales.

I'm in the closed beta and honestly I don't think it's ready. I agree they're taking a long time though. I wouldn't be surprised if there's barely anyone working on D3 at this point since it is taking so long. Really would hope they'd have it ready sooner or get more classes ready in this amount of time.

News Comments > NVIDIA TITAN Xp & OS X Pascal Support Announced

6. Re: NVIDIA TITAN Xp & OS X Pascal Support Announced Apr 6, 2017, 22:05 xLith

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 21:35:
Simon Says wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 21:11:
*milk milk milk*

I'd be milking to if there are people willing to pay it, means they want it. Ferrari looks at me with a thumbs up!

Yep. I can't afford one myself but I'm not salty about it. They wouldn't even do it unless people were buying it.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records

3. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 1, 2017, 22:50 xLith

Got into closed beta and was extremely disappointed to see where the "Ghost Recon" franchise has ended up. At this point R6: Siege is more Ghost Recon than this crap. I was hoping for homage to the originals on an Arma scale.  

News Comments > Dead by Daylight Free Weekend

3. Re: Dead by Daylight Free Weekend Dec 18, 2016, 02:06 xLith

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 14:54:
On the one hand, the premise of this game seems interesting. On the other hand, sounds like this is the ultimate griefing bullshit game, anybody with some actual experience playing it?

Why don't I just download it, you ask? Well, like most people under an ISP monopoly, I currently have a data cap.

Preordered it originally and it was a ton of fun when it came out. Not sure what the discount price is but when I preordered at $25 I didn't feel ripped off. The biggest gripe was balancing in the higher game tiers. There's some cheesing with the perks that can happen, especially in "survive with friends" (when 4 survivors group together and queue up). The game is generally fun and gives a good creep factor to it. As a child of the 80s in all the campy horror glam, I enjoyed the heck out of it. I'm actually looking forward to the Friday the 13th one.

News Comments > The Division Free Weekend

6. Re: The Division Free Weekend Dec 14, 2016, 23:20 xLith

Yosemite Sam wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 22:26:
GTA just dropped a big DLC, Destiny just dropped their xmas DLC and holiday event, ESO is dropping their holiday event and they decide this would be a good time to get people trying the division? Bueller? Not saying they won't get people but this is very poor timing, any other time I would have been all over this, now I simply do not have the time.

A lot of people are about to be off for the holidays (if not already) so what's the harm? Not everyone is into every game you listed either. I've played them all and the division is the only one I continue to play (since 1.4).

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Released

34. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 21, 2016, 17:04 xLith

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 16:38:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 14:41:
@Task & @BIGtrouble77

I know what you two mean about not being so good with FPS anylonger. I'm fifty one now and besides getting a bit long in the tooth the arthritis screws with my fingers a bit. So it takes me a while to warm up sometimes... if I warm up at all. I still like to run and gun but not always so well these days.

My 40th birthday is coming in a couple months so maybe I'm crossing that threshold into old gamer now. I was a beast during the HL: Counterstrike mod days, but I have hardly played any FPS games since then so that's more likely my issue.

I miss those days. I used to be in Cal-M division of the Cyber Athletic League. I'm 33 now and when I play FPS games I think back to when I used to play games against my dad and I'd whip his butt. That's me now, getting the whipping lol.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Released

19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 21, 2016, 13:57 xLith

Task wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 13:08:
So those that have this on Blues, please confirm if they actually worked on joystick compatibility. It was deactivated in beta. They claimed to be "working on it" before release on Twitter.

I don't have one to try but last thing I read was they were still working on it. I haven't seen a patch yet either for anything and I've been playing since Monday. I'm guessing the answer is no.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 System Specifications

8. Re: Battlefield 1 System Specifications Sep 19, 2016, 22:25 xLith

I played on 5760x1080 with max settings on an i7 3770k and GTX 1080 with 60+ FPS the entire time.  

News Comments > Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve

21. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 17, 2016, 15:17 xLith

Anyone else find the name ironic? They probably just killed their chances of selling any future games to gamers.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer

16. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Jul 26, 2016, 15:01 xLith

I really wish they'd redo the Quake 1 in more modern graphics. Hell, even if it's a straight copy of the original. I know it's nostalgia driving my request but I never had more fun than Quakeworld and the original Team Fortress that came along later with it.  

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat?

12. Re: Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat? Jul 5, 2016, 16:00 xLith

One other thing that some may not know, Blizzard has been fighting Bossland in court for over a year now due to their other bots. I wouldn't be surprised if some of that played into them suing them over the cheat for OW too. There are other cheat sites that have hacks for OW and they haven't been sued yet that anyone has said.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 27, 2016, 11:15 xLith

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 15:13:
Bought ARMA 3 a few days ago, spent most of my time trying to find solutions to fix the framerate(i5 + R9 380). In towns I was never able to go over 25-27 fps( in multiplayer). Ended up asking for a refund.

Wondering what kind of rig all these people playing ARMA have Annoyed

Arma is interesting when it comes to optimizing. I just picked up a 1080 GTX and still can't run the thing fully maxed out on even just 1920x1080 (I usually play 5760x1080). There's some forum posts out there that show which settings help the most. There's also launch parameters that you can adjust for CPU Cores, VRAM usage and some other things that helped me in the past. It's kind of a pain but once you get it right, it should run pretty good. I can finally get close to 60 fps with most of the settings pretty high or max but even before with the 980 GTX, I was getting 40-45 average with things on medium-high. I have a i7 3770k @4.0GHZ and 16GB RAM.

News Comments > Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway

27. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 23, 2016, 16:16 xLith

Wash Washburne wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 15:37:
Atomic wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 15:25:
sauron wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 15:20:
Fallout 4 for 50% off looks kinda good right now.

Yep. Anyone know where Season Pass is on sale?

Ah..no no, no season pass, still at full price.

Arma 3 Apex DLC was briefly listed at $27.50, seems now they fixed that and it's back @ $35.99

I just picked it up for 27.99 a few moments ago. Not sure why it's showing different for you?

21 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >