Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for E. N.

Real Name E. N.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nidian
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 21, 2016, 06:28
Total Comments 18 (Suspect)
User ID 58337

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Alec Holowka Dead
85. Re: Alec Holowka Dead Sep 2, 2019, 00:55 Nidian

That's the problem... she has proven herself, based upon her own actions & past deeds, to be nothing more than a manipulative liar. And like the ending to the boy who cried wolf... "Nobody believes a liar...even when he is telling the truth!"  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alec Holowka Dead
82. Re: Alec Holowka Dead Sep 2, 2019, 00:44 Nidian

Icewind wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 23:47:
anonymous anonymous wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 23:08:
Didn't Zoe work on some game with Chuck Tingle? Did they finally release it?

Even better, Zoe stole the money, spent it all on a vacation, did zero work on the game, and Chuck now vehemently denies he was ever a part of the game and claims he never accepted anything.

She's a liar, a cheat, a manipulator, and a talent-less troll that blackmails others for money. That's her job.

Anyone defending her is clueless.

This right here... this is that hurdle that my mind just cannot jump over. Why anyone would even consider giving Zoe the time of day is beyond me. She's a pathological manipulative lying sociopath that keeps on crying wolf just for the hell of it or to keep herself relevant. And like the boy in the story... she reaps what she sows with me at least as I won't believe a single solitary word that comes out of her mouth.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Beyond Launches
17. Re: No Man's Sky Beyond Launches Aug 14, 2019, 19:09 Nidian

I would say that Hello Games should just cut their losses & move on... but... I wouldn't buy another game from this developer. Why would anyone buy/preorder a game from a developer whose own marketing & the interviews from their staff can't be trusted at all? Why would anyone give even a second thought to a developer who still had a chance to build the customers trust & confidence even after the bad launch... but, good or bad, chose to ignore all feedback by staying silent for way too long?

So this is probably going to be the biggest break into the industry as they are ever going to get. So milk it for all its worth Sean Murray as any team he is on... I will be avoiding like the plague.

The only real good point about No Man's Sky is that it is a great case study on everything that could possibly go wrong in launching a game.

News Comments > Tim Willits Leaving id Software
14. Re: Tim Willits Leaving id Software Jul 20, 2019, 00:44 Nidian

Kxmode wrote on Jul 19, 2019, 15:39:
Creston wrote on Jul 19, 2019, 13:08:
After QuakeCon I will announce my future plans, where I am going, and what new exciting things I am doing. Stay tuned.

Nobody cares, Tim. The only reason anyone ever paid any attention to you is because you worked at id.

He has 2,809 followers on Twitter (where he posted the message). In other words, people do care about his plans, where he's going, and what new exciting things he'll be working on. Stop being a troglodyte.

Aaaaaand Tom Hall has 20k, American McGee has 26k, John Romero has 120k, & last but not least... John Carmack has 861k. Face the facts... most people just do not like Tim Willits. The only reason he has any followers is because he worked at ID. And I'm willing to bet a good portion of his followers are folks who dislike the guy but are just waiting to pounce on him if/when he posts yet another bold-faced claim that is taking credit for other peoples hard work.

From his ridiculous claim that he invented the idea of multiplayer-only maps... to the laughably absurd claim that Mad Max Fury Road might have possibly borrowed ideas from Rage.

Until he actually corrects or changes his ways... well, as American McGee stated, he is "a serial credit thief" & deserves all the scorn & ridicule thrown his way.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2019, Part 7
15. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 7 Jun 17, 2019, 20:12 Nidian

Beamer wrote on Jun 17, 2019, 16:28:
1) Funny that you bring up JK Rowling. Is she a 10 year old boy? No? then she wrote outside her perspective. Didn't seem hard for her to do so

And ignoring the reason I brought her up I see. *slow clap*

She is constantly changing characters in her story or even adding backstory when there was none... after the books were published. Why? Because it wasn't diverse enough to her after the fact it became a public phenomenon & after people started to obviously point it out to her.

2) Yes, most don't put the weight or importance on sex or race. Because most are white. Do you know why people make fun of white as default? Because us white people just take it for granted and only notice when it's different. Generally, non-white non-males always notice.

No. Because most gamers actually do not care... at all.

If someone is actively looking for sexism or racism in games... they will find it regardless of whether it was there or not in the first place. And people like Anita Sarkeesian who profiteer off controversy due to their own confirmation bias will never be satisfied regardless of any evidence presented to the contrary.

But you keep on grasping at those straws.

3) You say Anita is trying to be offended. I think that you're trying to be offended. Her list is pretty simple, but here you are, all kinds of angry about it.

Angry? No. I was brought into this thread because of your weak analogy that falls flat & the off-the-cuff comment to Tipsy McStagger about his "If you don't like it, don't complain.. make the fucking change yourself." not being a good response. Which it is, I have pointed out several reasons on why, & so far you keep avoiding.

You keep doing this game of running around until you're blue in the face as it were & strawmanning. Pointing out this should be that, there is not enough of that, or that one must be angry for replying (which is a very weak & shallow response to begin with) until doomsday all you want.

13. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 7 Jun 17, 2019, 15:36 Nidian

Beamer wrote on Jun 17, 2019, 08:20:
Nidian wrote on Jun 17, 2019, 01:05:
Beamer wrote on Jun 16, 2019, 10:09:
Fact 1: what sarkeesian does us extremely common in every other form of art or entertainment, but only gamers find it offensive

Fact 2: there are very few strong female characters in games

I'll never understand why that's controversial to say, but it probably ties into fact 1. Somehow criticizing one part of games is an all out attack on all things games and gamers to some of you.

Fact 1 Correction: Only recently within the last few decades have people gotten an avenue to vent their frustrations in a public way that reaches far & wide like the internet. And games happen to be one of the biggest entertainment mediums on the planet right now overshadowing all others in comparison. So what you're trying to do is basically compare apples to oranges here.

Fact 2 response: Like it was pointed out earlier... most writers or developers can only create based on their own perspective. This is why so many people say "if you don't like it... go out & make a game yourself" because that is the only answer worth giving to those whose only complaints about fictional game characters &/or games blindly revolve around pulling the sex or race card.

I don't understand your Fact 1, which I suppose should be 3. How does it relate? Anita isn't a regular person, she's an academic media critic, which means she'd still have a platform with wide reach. That you now pay way more attention to her is kind of meaningless, that's on you. Not many others do. And that games is big is also meaningless - part of what makes them big is mobile, and she's not really criticizing mobile. You're adding way more importance to games, and putting them on a pedestal, because you personally like them. Again, this exact type of criticism was happening to movies in the 50s and earlier. No one was sending death threats then.

Your Fact 2, henceforth Fact 4, is funny. "These people are creatively simple, so they can't do any better!" If you can't write outside your own experiences, maybe you shouldn't be paid well to be a writer? And it isn't hard to simply add characters of some variety.

I just don't know why saying "hey, it would be nice if the demographics of our protagonists was closer to the demographics of our population" is "playing the sex or race card." Doesn't that feel weasely to you? And why is asking for better representation of our population so offensive and vulgar to you?

If you're going to strawman... don't waste my time.

One, what is the biggest difference between the 1950's & today? It's not hard & it was in my response to your fact 1. People... have... the... internet. It make's it easier to talk or complain to other people on a global scale. Also, if you wish to compare the demographics of gamers compared to other entertainment mediums... know that, right now, you are comparing little numbers to giant ones. As a result... discrepancies between them will be numerous. There has always been people in other entertainment mediums that find offense when their favorite past time is being attacked. The difference is numbers... & the internet.

Two, most gamers, that I have met, don't put weight or importance on the sex or race of the main character. It doesn't even register unless one of two criteria have been met first with any game. Is the storyline well written... or... is the gameplay fun. The only people that actually complain about these issues are the ones that are actively looking to be offended (i.e. Anita Sarkeesian).

And if you want to ignore writers being simple. That's your own ignorance... I could bring up a plethora of authors who are. People like Tolkien & such. But I'll go even further on this... let's look at J. K. Rowling for a moment. In the Harry Potter books, she only started adding diversity & changing things after her books were published. The books make no mention or even hint at anything she insinuates currently. So why the strong need to bring these insinuations up now? Because the books were written from her original perspective which was too simplistic from her current viewpoint. Since she wrote the books, she can make whatever changes she wants to them. But it does make her look extremely shallow.

10. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 7 Jun 17, 2019, 01:05 Nidian

Beamer wrote on Jun 16, 2019, 10:09:
Fact 1: what sarkeesian does us extremely common in every other form of art or entertainment, but only gamers find it offensive

Fact 2: there are very few strong female characters in games

I'll never understand why that's controversial to say, but it probably ties into fact 1. Somehow criticizing one part of games is an all out attack on all things games and gamers to some of you.

Fact 1 Correction: Only recently within the last few decades have people gotten an avenue to vent their frustrations in a public way that reaches far & wide like the internet. And games happen to be one of the biggest entertainment mediums on the planet right now overshadowing all others in comparison. So what you're trying to do is basically compare apples to oranges here.

Fact 2 response: Like it was pointed out earlier... most writers or developers can only create based on their own perspective. This is why so many people say "if you don't like it... go out & make a game yourself" because that is the only answer worth giving to those whose only complaints about fictional game characters &/or games blindly revolve around pulling the sex or race card.

5. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 7 Jun 16, 2019, 02:14 Nidian

Beamer wrote on Jun 15, 2019, 22:44:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 15, 2019, 21:19:
Gender breakdown of games featured at E3...

How is this a thing? If you don't like the characters in a game, make your own. It's not like game developers are getting together and saying "we need the most toxic masculinity in this game". Most of these guys are making characters that they think are cool and such from everything they have learned in life.

If you don't like it, don't complain.. make the fucking change yourself.
when people do make their own game, the people that complain about lists like this either complain that they're sjws or that they're being held hostage by sjws.

Nothing wrong with people wanting more characters that look like them. And "make your own" is a bad take. I dislike our presidency, should I stop complaining and make my own country?

You do realize those two don't really correlate that well? If you wanted to make a proper analogy you could've said something like... "if you don't like the Presidency, shut up & run for office yourself. If you can't run for the highest office... run for or help out at you local office."

Any damn fool can sit around & complain about games/movies/books/*insert entertainment medium of your choice here*. And Anita Sarkeesian is the perfect example of a fool given a soapbox to stand on. Thinking any of this makes any difference to anyone outside her own circle of zealots.

In this day and age... there are numerous tools at people's disposal that are easy to use & can help anyone to actually make some sort of a break into the games industry (from RPGMaker to Ren'Py & so on). And if you're not sure about something... go on youtube a do a search because, no doubt, somebody has probably made a tutorial video about it. Don't like any of the cars on the road? Take up Automotive classes & build your own ratrod. Don't like any of books currently being published? Grab a pencil & write your own damn story.

It is so easy for people on the outside to complain about the ones on the inside without doing any of the legwork or jumping over any of the hurdles the people on the inside had to do or go through just to get to the point in which they are at. Here's a shocker: It's actually hard to stop complaining... do the legwork... & make a game themselves. And as we all can see... most just choose the easy road as they're lazy &/or too incompetent to try.

Sorry but "make your own" is actually a great take. Don't like the games out there? Make your own & let the market decide whether it flourishes or flounders. Because all these developers out there had to learn this the hard way... by actually doing all the legwork & jumping every hurdle themselves.

News Comments > Boycott May Cause Next Metro Game to Skip PC
82. Re: Metro Exodus Epic Deal Sparks Backlash Feb 3, 2019, 02:33 Nidian

Prez wrote on Feb 2, 2019, 20:42:
I mean what the actual fuck? Threatening your fan base now? That's it for me - I was going to buy Exodus when it came out on Steam, but now they can kiss my ass. As far as I'm concerned they are dead.

EDIT: Oh, and a nice big, fat, juicy "Fuck You" to all the corporate apologists in this forum and elsewhere who blame gamers for this instead of the developers. I'm sure your corporate overlords will reward your loyalty in defending their shitty behavior by continuing to bend you over and ream you while you thank them for it.

LOL! Damn... I could not convey my feelings about all this any better. Quoting because I also 100% agree with it.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Oct 29, 2018, 16:55 Nidian

El Pit wrote on Oct 29, 2018, 14:44:
Creston wrote on Oct 29, 2018, 12:56:
Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 29, 2018, 12:32:
Fallout 3 was the last good game in the series.

You didn't like New Vegas? (no judging, I actually liked FO3 better than New Vegas just because there was more to explore.)

As much as I liked FO3, I thought New Vegas was better in pretty much every way. I was hoping for FO4 to be more like New Vegas, but while being good, I think it was a step down from NV.

I have to agree with you on New Vegas. On the flip side... I personally disliked FO3 & FO4. New Vegas actually felt like a properly written sequel to FO1 & FO2... unlike FO3. Most of FO3's script felt like it was written by an amateur. I'm not saying it was badly written (far from it)... just that it wasn't that great or even memorable.

I still prefer the style & the writing of FO2 over anything other game in the series. But I'm not against the series going real-time or first person if done right. And New Vegas felt just like the old titles in terms of the writing & style.

News Comments > System Shock Source Code Released
2. Re: System Shock Source Code Released Apr 8, 2018, 23:37 Nidian

This is seriously awesome. I really hope someone is able to go through it for the original DOS code.  

News Comments > Duck Season Opens
2. Re: Duck Season Opens Sep 15, 2017, 03:53 Nidian

Elmer season. >:)  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Sep 13, 2017, 18:48 Nidian

Strangely enough I'm on the fence with this one as I don't really watch his content at all. In the begining when he was making a name for himself... I just never found him or his skits interesting or funny at all. So I don't really know if he is doing it as an act for reactions or just laughs... or if he was serious about it.

Two of my favorite comedians touched on this issue & had slightly differing opinions. I usually post both for others to see & weight on so that they may draw their own conclusions from them.

George Carlin
https://youtu.be/NXWBvB4U-cA

Richard Pryor
https://youtu.be/AltWj4iAmno

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 23, 2017, 00:05 Nidian

I agree Tipsy McStagger. Really a horrible way to go. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.  

News Comments > Overwatch Getting Deathmatch
7. Re: Overwatch Getting Deathmatch Aug 11, 2017, 00:07 Nidian

I just don't see how this is really going to work out so well in the long run. If they're adding actual deathmatch, & not team deathmatch, I just don't see the game as it stands being all that fun. They're either going to have to add limitations to which characters everyone can pick from (which seems like an easier solution) or go through a ton of rebalancing tweaks to most of the characters for just the deathmatch mode alone (which seems like an insane amount of work).  

News Comments > Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up
61. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 26, 2017, 21:04 Nidian

I was originally going to post a reply questioning Cutter's logic to my post... but... judging from the replies here... I need not bother.

Completely believing RSI's PR spin 100%, or the PR of any dev for that matter, is an extremely foolish endeavor. But giving Derek Smart any sort of a soap box to stand on is even worse. Derek Smart has proven time & time again through his egomaniacal behavior that he is simply an untrustworthy source. As Comet said earlier, "he attracts attention with speculation and fake information."

In terms of gaming, I would rather play one of the many released titles from Roberts history than anything Smart has ever released. At least Roberts has a history of great games under his belt... the same cannot be said for Smart. Everything Smart has made was done better by someone else who wasn't hindered by an over-inflated ego or pride & wasn't muddied by a clear lack of focus.

News Comments > Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up
6. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 26, 2017, 10:57 Nidian

I'm far more inclined to believe this statement from RSI over any drivel that comes from Derek Smart to be honest. Any news that comes from RSI or Star Citizen ironically seems to be immediately spun into the worst case scenario by Mr Smart & people of his ilk. He seriously needs to bury that hatchet that he has been grinding away at since the days of Origin Systems. It is time to let it go & move the hell on... good grief.  

News Comments > Jay Wilson Leaves Blizzard
12. Re: Jay Wilson Leaves Blizzard Jun 7, 2016, 05:03 Nidian

nin wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 20:20:
"Fuck that loser!" :)
+1 mate

Seriously could not stand the changes made to Diablo 3. Bought the collector's so felt screwed x2. But to lash out at David Brevik like that when he his interview wasn't that mean & didn't deserve such a response to begin with was just crossing line IMHO.

18 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo