Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for InBlack

Real Name InBlack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VaranDragon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Yeah, it's me.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2016, 06:51
Total Comments 1918 (Pro)
User ID 58327

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield V Open Beta Preloads
2. Re: Battlefield V Open Beta Preloads Sep 4, 2018, 14:23 VaranDragon

Will be interesting to see what their BR mode looks and plays like. Im guessing it's gonna be pretty terrible. But you never know.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Maneater Details
3. Re: Maneater Details Sep 4, 2018, 14:00 VaranDragon

Beamer wrote on Sep 4, 2018, 13:23:
Dammit, and I was just about to launch my Hall & Oates video game kickstarter!

Man, you're out of touch!

News Comments > Labor Day Tech Bits
4. Re: Labor Day Tech Bits Sep 4, 2018, 04:49 VaranDragon

rawbelly wrote on Sep 3, 2018, 23:39:
So sick of newspeak headlines.

So whats the problem. They worked there. They had no related work permits. Do you feel that the article doesn't give enough emphasis on the fact that they were NOT from the United States? It mentions it several times.

Illegal aliens. how is that different from undocumented workers? You are supposedly sick of newspeak headlines, but you actually want an even more bombastic headline?

Helped build, as in together with regular american workers? Which were in the minority?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2018, 17:03 VaranDragon

jdreyer wrote on Sep 3, 2018, 15:22:
The benefit of owning goats over pigs is that there's no such thing as goat bacon.

In what world is that a benefit?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2018, 07:36 VaranDragon

Numinar wrote on Sep 3, 2018, 04:06:
Anyone actually playing scum? Is it the next PUBG (Which I love) or is it some edgelord flash in the pan?

I've not bought in yet. But I've watched Shroud's streams in which he has a lot of fun in the game. It's not a PUBG clone, more of a DAY-Z, RUST, survival clone.

The game is pretty detailed, and the goal is to survive. The map looks gorgeous, but some of the mechanics still need to be a bit ironed out and fleshed out, as can be expected of an early access title. For example vehicles are still missing, and they are expected to be a big part of the game.

I have a few friends who are playing already, and will buy in at some point once they flesh out the game. Surprisingly a lot of people choose to cooperate rather than straight up PvP when encountering each other. Which is strange, as there is not a lot of PvE content in yet. (Animals, zombies and robot mechs are in)

I have a feeling the new multiplayer Fallout will be a "lite" version of this game.

News Comments > Anthem Demo in February
14. Re: Anthem Demo in February Sep 3, 2018, 07:28 VaranDragon

There is literally nothing at all drawing me to this game. Neither the art style, the gameplay, the graphics, the (very probable) grind and very limited role playing mechanics. That is all.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2018, 16:52 VaranDragon

Woah pretty surprised SCUM is doing so well.  

News Comments > SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos
29. Re: SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos Sep 2, 2018, 04:19 VaranDragon

Quinn wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 18:28:
That right there -- that lack of charity from a leftist mongrel who has his mind made up is the problem with much of the people who find themselves on the far left of the political spectrum, especially these days.
/rant

I disagree with this sentence. You can be on the far left of the political spectrum, and respect free speech and personal liberty. It's not mutually exclusive.

News Comments > 303 Squadron: Battle of Britain Takes Off
3. Re: 303 Squadron: Battle of Britain Takes Off Sep 2, 2018, 04:15 VaranDragon

True that, I guess Im spoiled by the WWII birds and Normandy in DCS.  

25. Re: SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos Sep 1, 2018, 14:09 VaranDragon

Beamer wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 13:59:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 12:56:
Beamer wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 11:37:

Do you really not see a difference between movies about Nazis being bad and a game allowing people to LARP as one?

C'mon Beam, removing the tats from the game is silly. Wolfenstein had swastikas, for example. If it's within context, what's the problem?

As for the "movies vs. LARPing" argument, that's the same argument made by those people blaming CoD for gun violence.

Wolfenstein had swastikas, which you killed. This game has 14/88, which you can choose to wear.

Given that there are already issues with people being racist dickbag Nazis in multiplayer games, why leave in a tattoo that encourages people to act that way and seems to condone it? What's the benefit of saying "hey, players, did you ever want a Nazi tattoo on your throat in a video game? We'll let you do that!"

This isn't on an NPC, or an enemy, or even an ally. It's chosen by the player for their own character. I can't recall a single other game that had Nazi tattoos in the character creation.

SO what you're saying is that LARPing as a Nazi character, is inherently wrong? Evil? The same as acting out those fantasies in real life?

I mean you can already do so much in games like this. Inherently sick shit if you think about it. But you're drawing the line at tattoos?

News Comments > 303 Squadron: Battle of Britain Takes Off
1. Re: 303 Squadron: Battle of Britain Takes Off Sep 1, 2018, 14:05 VaranDragon

Gotta say, this looks kinda horrible. Not talking about just the graphics either.  

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Announced
5. Re: Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Announced Sep 1, 2018, 10:48 VaranDragon

Good stuff. This is marketing done right  

News Comments > Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee
16. Re: Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee Sep 1, 2018, 04:42 VaranDragon

jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 03:56:
WaltC wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 20:57:
Good grief--instead focusing on crap like this--how about getting a playable/salable game out--like, yesterday?

If they release the game, how can they continue to ask for money to develop the game?

Exactly. How dare these pesky nerdy upstarts demand an actual game, that you can buy and play??!!

10. Re: SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos Sep 1, 2018, 04:35 VaranDragon

Quinn wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 03:54:
When will American History X be removed from the shelves? Or Saving Private Ryan of any other movie that shows the nazi symbols? The thin skin of people cannot handle it. And since individuals can no longer think for themselves (sarcasm btw, except toward RedEye and his sig) maybe it's best the government steps in and makes sure any and all nazi symbols will be removed everywhere? I mean, people will forget about the atrocities and we'll lose our vigilance for fascism and another Hitler will rise but that's worth not hurting people's feelings over terrible symbols, right? =)

Yeah, not to mention that people have a problem with playing as Neo-nazi prison inmates, but don't shirk away from killing people, cutting them up, pissing and shitting on their corpse and then eating that same corpse. (Yes, you can do this in Scum)

Devolver Digital and Croteam are not to blame for this though. They are just protecting themselves from possible lawsuits. They are small companies that couldn't take a hit like that, financially.

News Comments > EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers
52. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 30, 2018, 08:51 VaranDragon

People love to believe in fairy tales. Like that their right to carry arms is the only thing holding the government in check from taking away their liberties.

LOOK AROUND YOU, YOU FUCKING MORONS!

They've been taking away your personal freedom bit by bit, and no gives a shit. Few even bother to go out and vote, yet somehow your guns will save you?! Wake the fuck up.

Money = free speech. So what? Multiple slow-burn wars in multiple foreign theaters. Nope, doesnt bother me! Corporations getting bigger and bigger, and not paying taxes. Who cares? The gap between the rich and the poor getting larger and larger. It's their own fault!

So where do you draw the line? When do you use those famed guns and more importantly HOW, and against WHOME?

50. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 30, 2018, 08:37 VaranDragon

Also if you check your history, most modern (and successful) revolutions in the 20th century usually always had military support in addition to broad popular support.

The most successful ones were the ones where the foreign powers did not interfere too much, and where peaceful protests led to political change. (I.E. NO GUNS INVOLVED OR NEEDED)

On the other hand, check Syria's popular revolution. Where due to foreign involvement as well as the strict segregation of the military from the majority of the population it turned into a shitshow of the highest magnitude.

49. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 30, 2018, 08:31 VaranDragon

CthulhuFan wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 03:53:
The militia of these free commonwealths, entitled and accustomed to their arms, when compared with any possible army, must be tremendous and irresistible. Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.

I'm confused, does this sound un-clear in any way?

At a time when the highest form of military technology were muskets and slow loading smooth bore cannon, in a country that was forcibly torn away from the indigenous people, yet those still represented large threats, where policing was limited to large towns and cities and bandits were free to roam around the country, where slavery was legal, and a colonial civil war was was just won against a belligirent (yet very far away) Crown. Yeah, considering the times I guess it's very clear and makes a lot of sense.

News Comments > Rune Next Month
12. Re: Rune Next Month Aug 30, 2018, 03:15 VaranDragon

OpticNerve wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 02:19:
Wow this looks like crap. A shame since I had fond memories of the first Rune.

Yeah, kind of looks like a terrible total conversion mod of the new Conan game. Will wait for some reviews.

40. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 29, 2018, 07:39 VaranDragon

People who believe their personal firearms will save them from a hypothetical "EVAL GUBERMENT" takeover need to get their head examined. Or they are just plain stupid.  

News Comments > Fear The Wolves Early Access
8. Re: Fear The Wolves Early Access Aug 29, 2018, 07:30 VaranDragon

Could be cool if they manage to make it a smooth FPS experience. From what I've seen of the very early access builds its a long way from that.  

1918 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo