Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for InBlack

Real Name InBlack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VaranDragon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Yeah, it's me.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2016, 06:51
Total Comments 2028 (Senior)
User ID 58327

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.

6. Re: etc. Nov 5, 2018, 16:52 VaranDragon

jdreyer wrote on Nov 5, 2018, 16:20:
Playdiablo4.com is a fan-made site that redirects to Path of Exile's homepage…

LOL. My only complaint about PoE is that the levels reset if you don't return to them fast enough.

PoE is pretty damn good. At least it was the last time I played it. If I had to fault it, it would have to be for very hard to break gear walls at certain levels. I don't know if they made those a bit milder to get through, I haven't played in a quite a while.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed

2. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2018, 10:46 VaranDragon

I think anyone who remotely cares about this hobby of ours has a right to an opinion. Also whatever this guys failings since then, he WAS a producer on Diablo2, which means that at least at some point in time he had at least some degree of influence on the culture of gaming development at Blizzard.  

News Comments > Diablo Mobile Backlash

78. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 5, 2018, 03:58 VaranDragon

AFAIC they fucked up with D3, and this mobile game is just icing on the shit cake that won't fix the kiddie game that D3 turned out to be. Atmosphere=0, Horror=0, writing =-1, laughable at best. Story FUBARED beyond all belief and the gameplay decimated to cater to the lowest denominator.

Christ I still get goose bumps when I remember some of the "simplistic" monologue from Diablo 1 & 2, (since your character never spoke it was mostly monologue) and how far down the shitter Blizzard threw that IP is beyond all belief.

They are as bad as Activision with what they do to their IPs and since they are owned by Activision I guess that should be no surprise.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 5, 2018, 03:50 VaranDragon

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 15:28:
Witcher 3 is the best game ever made. Change my mind.

Nope. It ranks pretty high up but I can think of a number, from a number of different genres that rank higher.

If considering pure RPGS then, IMO Fallout2 is absolute king and has not yet been dethroned. In aRPGS Diablo2:LOD rules supreme. In shooters I think we can all agree Half-Life is probably the one to rule them all, at least as far as single-player is concerned, though there are many close, close contenders. In Space Sims we have Descent: Freespace and Freespace 2 tied for equal first place with Tie Fighter.

The list goes on, but yeah if you were born in the 2000s or thereabouts I can understand how the Witcher3 could seem like the best game ever made. I agree its pretty damn awesome, but best game ever? Hmmm, I think jury is still out on that...

71. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 4, 2018, 13:02 VaranDragon

I couldn't give two shits about whether another Diablo is coming or not. After the last one, there is no hope in hell that the next one, or the next five will be anywhere near as good as the first two were. I just think it's telling that there was a reaction to this news, even the hardcore Blizzard fans are waking up to the fact that this is not the Blizzard of yesteryear.  

21. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 3, 2018, 19:33 VaranDragon

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 19:22:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 17:24:
Did the Blizzard guys need to call for security so they could exit the stage safely?

The disconnect from their fans and what they want is double facepalm Picard worthy.

The company that made Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 does not exist anymore so this surprised only people who don't understand what kind of shitty publisher Activision really is.

This. D3 doesn't hold a candle to the awesomness that D2 and D2:LOD was. Blizzard lost the magic touch a long time ago.

News Comments > Battlefield V Specs

1. Re: Battlefield V Specs Oct 31, 2018, 19:39 VaranDragon

Looks like my i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHZ is finally showing its age. Not that I have any intention of playing this game, but when your CPU starts getting long in the tooth for major AAA releases it's time to upgrade.  

News Comments > Blood Revival Tease?

4. Re: Blood Revival Tease? Oct 30, 2018, 11:40 VaranDragon

I'd be down for a proper remake. But I don't think I have the imagination or the tenacity to wade through a build-engine "remaster".  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2018, 11:32 VaranDragon

Bill Borre wrote on Oct 30, 2018, 11:25:
Facebook is for old people.

I hear this routinely from my 17 year old step-daughter.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Abyss Update Launches

27. Re: No Man's Sky Abyss Update Launches Oct 30, 2018, 11:15 VaranDragon

|RaptoR| wrote on Oct 30, 2018, 10:30:
BluesNews posters have always been some of the most bitter I've encountered on the internet. Nowadays it's watching the same core group try to outdo each other on stubborn bitterness.

I suppose not much has changed. Comments were pretty toxic back when Quake Kart was put on hiatus because Wedge and Choryoth went to Valve.

It's the train wreck you can't look away from.

This is such bullshit. Newsflash, the internet is a toxic place. Stil there are literally more people in this thread giving their KUDOS to Murray and Co. than there are naysayers.

It's just that Bluesnews has always been a pretty loose place where people can be passionate about their like/dislike of games or gaming related subjects without stepping on some moderator's tippy toes.

People get pretty bitter on other places too, but rarely are they as passionate or articulate as they are here. The other difference is that they are usually also censored. I prefer Blue's neutral attitude on most of this, and is one of the main reasons I keep coming back.

News Comments > etc.

8. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2018, 09:01 VaranDragon

El Pit wrote on Oct 29, 2018, 14:44:
Creston wrote on Oct 29, 2018, 12:56:
Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 29, 2018, 12:32:
Fallout 3 was the last good game in the series.

You didn't like New Vegas? (no judging, I actually liked FO3 better than New Vegas just because there was more to explore.)

As much as I liked FO3, I thought New Vegas was better in pretty much every way. I was hoping for FO4 to be more like New Vegas, but while being good, I think it was a step down from NV.

This.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Abyss Update Launches

17. Re: No Man's Sky Abyss Update Launches Oct 30, 2018, 03:51 VaranDragon

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 29, 2018, 20:05:
Sean Murray and Hello Games are turning out to be saints of the gaming industry. Major kudos to them for not quitting and walking away.

For actually supporting their game (something that used to be common and expected practice not too long ago) you are actually calling these guys saints. Like they are single-handedly saving the gaming industry from corporate greed and mediocrity. While they do deserve some praise for not walking away from the ripoff this game used to be at release you are taking it too far Redeye.
You are very vocal about calling people out on these boards for drinking the "KoolAid" and usually you are not wrong, but when it comes to certain subjects you are just as bad as they are.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Trailer

7. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Oct 29, 2018, 12:17 VaranDragon

Creston wrote on Oct 29, 2018, 12:01:
Bethesda: "What did you guys think was the worst thing about Fallout 4?"

Players: "The combat. Second the base-building."

"Great, we're making an entire game based around those two things!"

"..."

I thought the combat was the only redeeming quality of Fallout4. That is if you played it as a straight up shooter, and just ignored the horribly dumbed down VATS system. With that said, I feel this game is gonna suck pretty bad regardless.

News Comments > More Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hints

30. Re: More Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hints Oct 29, 2018, 09:36 VaranDragon

yonder wrote on Oct 29, 2018, 00:55:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 28, 2018, 23:42:
Meh, if you don't think riding a horse around the countryside is fun, don't buy a game set in the old west... I very much do, and that's even without the crazy maneuvers you unlock once you've bonded with the animal. I'm also enjoying the fact that they don't dumb down the controls for it, either. If you hit a tree or large rock at a gallop, you're not gonna just glance off to one side, you'll be dismounted and both you and your horse are gonna be hurt real bad. You might even be ejected like with some of the worse GTA motor wrecks.

Egads you're nearly the only one here who understands the concept of "great for what it is... if you don't like what this is, you won't like this"

People don't understand the difference between "this is good" and "I like this"... either with guilty pleasures (like people who think Armageddon is actually a good movie) or with genre disconnects. For example, if you HATE when people on horror movies are stupid... you won't like the vast majority of horror movies.

Most of the replies here aren't about the game. It's from people who wouldn't like the game no matter what.

It's as if people who hate Apple pie are all asked to give an opinion on whether or not the Apple pie I baked is any good.

Guess what... if it's Apple pie, it could be the best Apple pie in the world and these people wouldn't like it.

"This is good" and "I like this" are two different things. Please learn the difference folks!

I don't know about how other people feel about "genre" games like this but as far as I'm concerned I'm actually down for a good Western game. I dig westerns, though Im probably more of a fan of Sergio Leone and Clint Eastwood's take on the genre than the old-school Hollywood stuff.

Freeroam third person shooter in a Western setting? Hell yeah! It's just that from what I've seen of the game it's all kind of meh, really great riding mechanics aren't enough if the gameplay doesn't look exciting and it's basically just a mediocre interactive movie. Hell, even if it was an awesome interactive movie I would probably be down for it.

News Comments > More Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hints

1. Re: More Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hints Oct 28, 2018, 14:14 VaranDragon

*yawn*

From what I've seen of the game (saw a few streamers play it) the game doesn't hit any of my "must play" buttons.

Admiteddly they weren't very far in, but the writing and dialogue wasn't that awesome and the player's character is far from a cool & mysterious gunslinger type that would draw me into the story.

The gameplay itself looked kind of meh.

News Comments > Op Ed

16. Re: Op Ed Oct 28, 2018, 11:43 VaranDragon

People have not changed. Technology and subsequently society have. Today everyone has a soapbox to stand on, one that is conveniently anonymous (or not, if you like) in the form of the internet and your "soapbox" of choice, whether facebook, twitter, steam forums, or these here boards

This is nothing new, and shouldn't be really surprising to any one of us here.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

45. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2018, 06:51 VaranDragon

By the way it's pronounced "ghib", not "jib".  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions

5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 26, 2018, 11:14 VaranDragon

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 10:47:
“The only thing I never lost is my family and my girlfriend and I hope to never cheat on them.”

He better hope that there's not an app for that.

Sounds like so far he didn't lose much at all?

33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2018, 17:53 VaranDragon

We actually don't need a FTL drive for an insterstellar expansion. Because of special relativity and time diletation accelerating to large fraction of C would allow a crew to reach pretty far out into the milky way within a relatively short number of years (from their frame of reference).

With that said, that would still take technological advances that are only possible in theory for now. (Things like a brussard fusion scoop drive for example)

I think that humanity will probably not be able to do it. But if we ever make a true form of AI, "they" might have a good shot at it.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2018, 13:56 VaranDragon

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 12:09:
Well, I don't beans about Millan, but a quick Google tells me he must have at least some understanding of dog behavior. Are you claiming his successes are faked somehow?

His successes have not been faked. However the number of failures are not known, and threin lies the problem. It is well established in scientific literature that the "alpha" behavior specific to wolves doesn't hold much water when dogs are in question. It "may" work with some dogs, just like it "may" work with some humans or any other animal for that matter, but it doesn't mean that it's a good or reliable method for training your or any other dog.

2028 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >