Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for InBlack

Real Name InBlack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VaranDragon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Yeah, it's me.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2016, 06:51
Total Comments 1918 (Pro)
User ID 58327

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2018, 12:51 VaranDragon

Creston wrote on Oct 8, 2018, 12:22:
Cutter wrote on Oct 8, 2018, 11:15:
Creston wrote on Oct 8, 2018, 10:16:
Wipe 'em out! Bye mosquitos! (note: just the species that bite and carry diseases. The other thousands are fine, they can continue to be bird feed.)

I agree with the sentiment but it seems whenever we do something like this the long term ramifications are just something we can't see and will eventually come back to bite us in the ass. Mankind isn't very good at planning for the future...as evidenced by that climate report.

Mosquitos (or rather, the diseases they carry), literally kill millions of people a year. It's because of this that they are considered the deadliest animal on earth. In this case, I think we need to just take the risk. Yes, there's a chance something 'unforeseen' happens, though even that's kind of a loaded statement as the most immediate risk would be to other species of mosquito, which... eh :-shrug-: . It's really hard to see how something could happen that would be worse than MILLIONS of people dying each year because of these little fuckers.

And again, we're talking about like 5 species out of thousands that even carry diseases. There's only like a dozen or so that even bite.

Hate to break it to you buddy, but mosquitoes are not the deadliest animals on this planet. I'll give you a hint to as to its identity. It walks on two legs and wipes out a few thousand species of other plants and animals from the face of the earth EACH YEAR.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2018, 10:33 VaranDragon

If you haven't seen this, prepare for awesomeness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fID1sE2xfwU&t=1s

To me this is more exciting than pretty much any other news I've seen all year.

18. Re: removed Oct 8, 2018, 10:30 VaranDragon

Nice.  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Oct 7, 2018, 03:20 VaranDragon

Sanderson is absolutely mediocre and his Mistborn books are mediocre. (I couldn't make it past the first half of the first book) He WISHES CDPR would do something with his work, but the fact of the matter is that his characters, worldbuilding and writing is nowhere near as interesting as Sapkowski's or quite a few other fantasy authors out there writing today.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
20. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 7, 2018, 03:11 VaranDragon

Armengar wrote on Oct 6, 2018, 15:28:
any muppet who doesnt have a full bare metal backup before doing a major manual update deserves to lose data. Its not hard. just download veeam free ffs!

Yeah, cos it can't be Microsoft's fault nope. It's the users.

News Comments > Alaskan Truck Simulator Announced
5. Re: Alaskan Truck Simulator Announced Oct 4, 2018, 03:08 VaranDragon

Creston wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 20:18:

Why??? The trucking stuff is EASILY good enough to stand on its own? Why put these bullshit fucking gimmicks in it? Did you just really badly want to be Star Citizen With Trucks or something?

Anyway, whatever. Pass.

Probably because the trucking part is NOT good enough to stand on its own.

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Tactical Legacy Pack Next Week
7. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Tactical Legacy Pack Next Week Oct 3, 2018, 11:08 VaranDragon

Beamer wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 10:49:

But I'll give all of that up to get rid of some of the really awful parts of the original X-COM. Most notably, inventory management (I never had enough clips on my ships, and late-game base defense always had 90% of my guys running around with assault rifles without clips while 4 guys actually had loaded heavy plasmas), and not having to deal with the clunky UI.

Yeah you had to manage your inventory, and that includes things from how many clips you have, to how well your base is built and defended. I attribute that part to the magic. The much bigger research tree, more bases, air combat (while simple, also a lot of fun and plenty of stuff to research to make it better) much deeper and more significant strategic layer, etc. etc. etc.

Some people hated all of that stuff, and were much happier with the leaner remakes. I for one look forward to a tactical/strategic game that brings most of that back. Hopefully Phoenix Point is that game.

News Comments > Windows 10 Gaming Updates
21. Re: Windows 10 Gaming Updates Oct 3, 2018, 10:45 VaranDragon

The hate for Microsoft in this thread makes my heart all warm and fuzzy.

Bluesnews is not dead yet

News Comments > PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters
14. Re: PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters Oct 3, 2018, 10:41 VaranDragon

Yeah thanks for that vote of confidence you two. Ill have you know I've been a FPS multiplayer gamer since Doom2, and have enough gamesense that I can put aside my ego without screaming "cheater" every single time I die.

If cheaters are so prevalent, then they are so pathetic at the game that they rarely make it to the end game and don't make much of a difference anyway. (At least not as much as random RNG stuff does)

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Tactical Legacy Pack Next Week
4. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Tactical Legacy Pack Next Week Oct 3, 2018, 10:37 VaranDragon

JoeNapalm wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 10:30:
GinRummy wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 10:26:
Beamer wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 10:19:
I've been holding off on WotC until a steep sale. Unsure why, loved XCOM, loved the expansion, loved XCOM 2 (though maybe less), and am excited for this, but always felt it was a pretty high priced expansion. Maybe this will get me off my butt.
I've been doing the same. 40 bucks is a lot and I hadn't wanted to play the game again yet when it was released, but that's itch is growing now. A half-price sale would pull the trigger for me, and this bonus helps. Is there a Steam Halloween sale?

If it helps at all, WoTC is more like XCOM 2.5 than an expansion.

-Jn-

Yeah this pretty much. It is kind of corny though. Over the top B movie corny. Not that this series has ever been that serious, but I miss some of that horror feel from the legacy games.

With that said I put so many hours into these remakes, that Im kind of loath to play them again. Especially as the more you play them the more you realise that they do miss some of that magic that the originals had.

Im very much looking forward to Phoenix Point, but it still seems a long way off.

News Comments > PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters
10. Re: PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters Oct 3, 2018, 02:19 VaranDragon

Holy crap. I mean "if" those numbers are correct that means that ONE In every NINE players in PUBG is a cheater. Since TPP to FPP ratio is about 80% to 20% in player distribution, or rather its about 5 times as popular as FPP, that still means that in FPP games (which I play exclusively) there is still an average of 1 player in 50 who cheats. This is crazy. Just insane. In 400 hours of PUBG I've encountered maybe 2 cheaters that Im sure of.  

News Comments > The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties
24. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 14:17 VaranDragon

I think that many people who prefer the more "heroic" Geralt from the Witcher games are kind of missing the point. But that's okay. I for one didn't think he was "mopey" or whatever, I feel that he is not really that different in either incarnation, its just that its two completely different mediums and when you "play" as Geralt you kind of make his choices for him and build your own version of the character that you identify with in your own mind.  

11. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 12:02 VaranDragon

Frijoles wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 10:52:
I've been wanting to buy the books for a while, but fuck that now. He sounds like an alcoholic douchenozzle, if other commenters (on other sites) are to be believed.

You're missing out. I liked all of his books. Even the last one which wasn't that great has its charms. It's pretty amazing how well CDPR actually captured the feel of his short stories and novels, but there is still a whole lot that has been left out and which can be picked up only by reading the books.

I also disliked the ending of the Witcher saga in the Witcher3, when compared to the ending of the book series.

1. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 10:24 VaranDragon

Kind of his own fault he didnt get much out of his original deal with CDPR. He basically sold the rights for peanuts, thinking nothing much would come of it. If I remember correctly he declined royalties and instead opted for a fixed sum as he believed that the games would be trash and would fail miserably. So yeah, greed and shortsightedness bit him in the ass. This is a douchy move, since he doesnt really need the money as his books have been a huge success internationally (thanks in part to the success of the games) and his deal with Netflix is also pretty lucrative I imagine.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2018, 15:45 VaranDragon

Jagacademy wrote on Oct 1, 2018, 11:40:
Unless it's coming to PC, there is nothing I need to know about Red Dead Redemption 2.

QFT

News Comments > DCS: World Free Weekend
10. Re: DCS: World Free Weekend Sep 30, 2018, 08:32 VaranDragon

Yeah. Holding off on that. I never really saw the appeal of the Hornet. Nothing sexy about that jet IMO. Im waiting for Heatblur's F14. Currently have a lot of DCS modules, but they are all in the hangar. Even the Bf109 and the Spitfire which are an absolute dream to fly and extremely satisfying to fight in. Everything is in sleep mode until the Tomcat hits. Which should be *soon.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 28, 2018, 10:15 VaranDragon

Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2018, 19:13:
cryptothieves

Absolutely NO understanding of what cryptomining actually is.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 27, 2018, 13:26 VaranDragon

So if I ask someone over the internet what their favorite thing in the world is, and they answer "shit" I can safely assume they are not a robot? Sounds legit.  

News Comments > AS+CEND Early Access
1. Re: AS+CEND Early Access Sep 27, 2018, 11:35 VaranDragon

This looks....terrible.  

1918 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo