Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for InBlack

Real Name InBlack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VaranDragon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Yeah, it's me.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2016, 06:51
Total Comments 1918 (Pro)
User ID 58327

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2018, 10:07 VaranDragon

That Arizona dude is a legend.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BATTLETECH Flashpoint and Season Pass Details
1. Re: BATTLETECH Flashpoint and Season Pass Details Oct 19, 2018, 10:05 VaranDragon

Cool. Ill probably wait for the second expansion and wait for a discount before buying in but still, more Battletech is always good. Really enjoyed the base game.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 18, 2018, 17:37 VaranDragon

bigspender wrote on Oct 18, 2018, 17:32:

Telling a story is perfectly fine. But you can't make them a hero.

What about telling a story where you are not the hero? Would that be OKAY?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Sets Activision Record
20. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Sets Activision Record Oct 17, 2018, 07:38 VaranDragon

I just got the standard game from GMG. Hopefully they won't put new blackout maps behind paywalls. Even if they do I think Ill get some solid hours from just this one map and I might even try a few other game modes. Why not?  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 17, 2018, 02:55 VaranDragon

Sounds like the only attraction this game actually has, PvP, is going to be garbage. Map shows other players positions, you can fast travel away from everyone, you take reduced damage from players.

I mean if you can avoid every single player encounter, what the fuck is the point of the game then?

SCUM is already the better game and it's an unfinished mess.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2018, 07:39.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 16, 2018, 15:00 VaranDragon

Beamer wrote on Oct 16, 2018, 11:56:
Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2018, 11:51:
Black people involved in criminal activity? But liberals and BLMers say this is impossible! Must be that fake news Trump is always talking about.

I can't decide if this is idiotic strawmanning or outright racist. I suppose, why not both?!

Yep a bit of both. Though I guess outright ignorance can't really be called racism. You gotta learn that shit somewhere. Pick it up from somebody.

News Comments > NVIDIA 20XX Reviews
19. Re: NVIDIA 20XX Reviews Oct 16, 2018, 14:27 VaranDragon

Well I for one like the 2070. But only because it's gonna nerf the prices of used 1070s into the ground Im still rocking a 970 so sometime soon might be a good time to upgrade to a 1070  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Sets Activision Record
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Sets Activision Record Oct 15, 2018, 13:04 VaranDragon

I might buy in at some point. Had a lot of fun on the beta weekend. Not something you can say about a lot of CoD games.  

6. Re: Geoengineering Oct 14, 2018, 16:11 VaranDragon

Creston wrote on Oct 14, 2018, 14:51:
Great. Let's put billions (trillions?) of tons of sulphur in the air, so we can all wear pollution masks all day like those poor schleps in Beijing.

The reasons you see people wear masks in China has nothing to do with pollution. Usually its people who have the cold or the flu being considerate to other people.

27. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2018, 19:09 VaranDragon

WaltC wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 16:41:
We're living in a pretty dumb time, anti-science, anti-freedom, and it's been a rough ride with our mostly idiotic legacy news media over the last three years. So it goes with copyright law application today. Companies sit on IP and make not a dime from it but will not let anyone else use it. It's stupid because such a remake mod is free advertising for Lucas Films, and the original games, and does not detract from the value of Lucas Films IP in the slightest--I'd love for those lawyers to tell me how such a remake, which the authors were doing out of love for the games and *not* for monetary gain, apparently, threatens the value of the Star Wars IP. It would, rather, enhance it. But lawyers can screw up a wet dream... Years ago, people were rationally only concerned with copyright if people were using the IP without permission to *make a profit* for themselves. Any other use was considered fair use. The way it's handled nowadays is dumber than dirt, imo. It does not *help* IP holders most of the time--it only helps the ambulance chasers who work for them--and likely hurts the companies in terms of lost revenue from sales their original IP will now never have.

Anyway, had these folks the money they could likely take Lucas Arts to court and win on the simple basis of fair use--this game, eg, is just another mod--which Lucas Arts has allowed for years to change the original content of their Star Wars computer games' IP. But who has the time, money, or inclination to fight this out in court? If Lucas Arts is too dumb to understand the principles involved, then not even the most well-intentioned modder can help them. Dumb, dumb, dumb, imo.

I rarely agree with WaltC, but Im in complete agreement with him on this.

12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2018, 13:52 VaranDragon

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 13:30:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 13:19:
Also, remakers: stop announcing your shit until it's finished.
I've seen this posted before, what is it supposed to accomplish exactly?
Illegal shit is still illegal, whether it's finished or not.

If you're not taking money for it how is it illegal?

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Oct 12, 2018, 02:40 VaranDragon

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 23:31:
I'll admit there are seemingly obvious "problems" with the alien actions in "Signs", but I don't find them any more annoying than those in most films. However, I generally disengage my critical thinking when I watch a film. And because of that, I can't provide a blow by blow of the stupidity in "Unbreakable", although the obviously WTF is the fact David Dunn a football player, never notices he doesn't get hurt or sick? But whatever. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I thought Unbreakable was one of the best, if not the best superhero movie I've seen. As for David, at the beginning of the film we can see that he is unhappy. The main reason why is that he's been repressing his nature, and that means his knowledge of his abilities, for love. In a sense he doesn't notice because he doesn't want to notice, which leads to his sense of sadness. It's all in the mind bro

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 CitizenCon Trailer
22. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 - CitizenCon Trailer Oct 11, 2018, 12:49 VaranDragon

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 12:46:
Do you want it NOW or do you want it AWESOME?

I imagine he said this in his sarcastic Joker voice. Yep. Now that statement makes perfect sense.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 CitizenCon Trailer
8. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 - CitizenCon Trailer Oct 11, 2018, 11:40 VaranDragon

At this rate we'll probably get to see all the cinematic cutscenes before we get any actual game. *sigh*  

News Comments > Evening Patches
7. Re: Evening Patches Oct 11, 2018, 04:27 VaranDragon

At some point even the gullible will catch on that there is something seriously wrong with the development of this game right? Right?

*crickets*

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2018, 14:07 VaranDragon

This is the company that values its employees so much it actually has an artificial intelligence recruiting tool, instead of an actual person doing the job.

/slowclap

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 10, 2018, 10:32 VaranDragon

Pigeon wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 10:21:
They won't miss them, but they sure will ignore them.

Reading that article with a straight face is virtually impossible....

40. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2018, 03:04 VaranDragon

Great stuff! Here's to another 22 years at least! Hope I can stick around to check it out, but I've had a decent run and seen the last twenty, so no biggie if I dont  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 9, 2018, 13:52 VaranDragon

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 12:49:
4D-Boxing wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 12:41:
I think people are reacting to the premium for top end going spiraling out of control.
Nah, the top end has always been priced in the stratosphere,
People just like to complain.
https://ark.intel.com/products/52585

Remember when the Titan card came out? It was the first consumer graphics card to hit $1000 if I remember correctly and was about $400 more expensive than anything else on the market at the time.

News Comments > DCS: F-14 Tomcat Preorders
7. Re: DCS: F-14 Tomcat Preorders Oct 9, 2018, 03:39 VaranDragon

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 8, 2018, 20:37:
Until the waning days of Desert Storm, in-country air superiority was tasked to USAF F-15 Eagles due to the way the Air Tasking Orders (ATO) delegated primary overland CAP stations to the F-15 Eagle. The governing Rules of Engagement (ROE) also dictated a strict Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) requirement when employing Beyond Visual Range weapons such as the AIM-7 Sparrow and particularly the AIM-54 Phoenix. This hampered the Tomcat from using its most powerful weapon.

You are talking about rules of engagement here. Not the technical ability of the airframes. Neither the Eagle nor the Tomcat could IFF with any certainity. An AWACS would provide confirmation for BVR shots in BOTH cases. The reasons why F15s were tasked with CAP missions over the F14s had nothing to do with their air to air ability.

1918 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo