Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for InBlack

Real Name InBlack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VaranDragon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Yeah, it's me.
Homepage http://
Signed On April 1, 2016
Supporter -
Total Comments 2034 (Senior)
User ID 58327

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > The Division 2 Multiplayer Trailer

6. Re: The Division 2 Multiplayer Trailer Jan 18, 2019, 08:20 VaranDragon

Frijoles wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 21:16:
I'm looking forward to more pve. Don't care about the pvp part. And hopefully not everybody is named Alex this time.

Well I for one would consider this game only if the PvP is really good. The Dark Zones are kind of a cool concept, especially the non-normalizing ones. Hackers and cheaters notwithstanding of course. Will wait and see though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Frontier Developments' New Frontier

7. Re: Frontier Developments' New Frontier Jan 17, 2019, 16:34 VaranDragon

Lord Tea wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 15:22:
Cutter wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 13:37:
Maybe they should work on making ED not boring.

Cutter, back in 2014 this statement was spot on. In fact I for one was among those who got totally pissed off by their decision to make the game "online only". Fact of the matter is that since 2014 they have been updating and upGRADING E:D and it's one of the few games that have been and still are in constant development. Frontier have added a ton of content since 2014. It's reached v3.3 and development will continue far into the 2020s. I purchased the game a couple of months ago when the bundle with Horizons was on sale for $20. Admittedly, E:D is a grind and if you can't stand a good degree of grinding it's not the game for you and will never be. I've invested roughly 200 hours and still haven't even touched planetary missions or the different approaches to mining. I'm still planning on learning to fly my ships with Flight Assist Off. I suggest you watch some of the (thousands of) more recent youtube videos on E:D. and while you're at it, choose those that are done in 4k because E:D can be pretty darn beautiful.

I bought in when it launched a few years ago. Played for about 30-40 hours got some nice ships, managed to even get pretty good at the combat. Then it got boring. I decided to re-install recently to check it out again.

Turns out my HOTAS setup doesn't seem to work with the game anymore. So after about an hour of trying to get it setup I just said fuck it and uninstalled.

Sorry bro. That's a nice sales pitch you've made there but if those developers managed to screw up the one thing that actually worked at launch Im not gonna bother with it anymore.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2019, 11:01 VaranDragon

Beamer wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 10:10:
And yet some of Wall Street expects Intel to buy AMD this year.

Would be an interesting turn, and may be able to avoid issues with antitrust due to RISC chips. Maybe. Intel has enough cash to do it outright, in any case.

Interesting? Yeah, if you don't like competition, innovation and love over-priced products. Intel buying AMD would be terrible for gamers and computer enthusiasts everywhere.

News Comments > J.J. Abrams/Valve Movie Collaboration is Still a Thing

13. Re: J.J. Abrams/Valve Movie Collaboration is Still a Thing Jan 17, 2019, 07:59 VaranDragon

christheshitter wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 05:39:
That man is only good for destroying fantastic franchises.

Yep. Pretty much this. His original stuff is actually decent, but when he gets hired to film someone else's story it usually ends up a huge pile of stinking shit.

The only reason why he seems to be such a huge success and in such high demand is that he does the big flashy stuff really well, and I guess he isn't too particular over letting the studio execs have their way. Style over substance. Wins in hollywood every time.

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn System Specs

12. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 13:32 VaranDragon

Watter wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 12:50:
I only made it halfway through FC4 and I skipped FC5 altogether. That said, I rather liked the idea of a bright colorful "natural" post-apocalyptic mad-max-ish setting. Now that I've had a break from it, I could stand heading back in for the somewhat shallow story and combat of the series again in this particular setting. I'm far more willing to suspend belief for this kind of thing than I am a wide-ranging super powerful christian cult in the middle of Montana.

By bright and colorful do you mean a pink and purple FC5? Because that's what it looks like. Even the guns are pink and purple, must be some kind top secret super weapon that turned everything the color of an acid trip and subsequently caused most of the population to either go insane or commit suicide.

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn System Specs

2. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 09:36 VaranDragon

I don't think that anyone gives a shit. I hope it dies a horrible death. Give us Blood Dragon 2!  

News Comments > Vigilantes vs. Fallout 76 Dupers

19. Re: Vigilantes vs. Fallout 76 Dupers Jan 16, 2019, 01:41 VaranDragon

Kxmode wrote on Jan 15, 2019, 20:34:
Creston wrote on Jan 15, 2019, 08:20:
Item duping. Jesus, it's like we're back in the 90s.

Well, humans write code. Humans are imperfect. Code is imperfect. Code has exploitable flaws. Humans are greedy. Humans exploit flaws in code for greedy reasons. It's par for the course and ageless. Conversely, DNA is flawless and sophisticated code. Only four letters make up the entire code. Nobody can exploit DNA.

DNA is neither sophiscticated nor flawless. That is why over 99% of all beings that have ever lived are now instinct. And humans have been exploiting DNA since the day they grew their first crop, discovered fire or tamed their first wolf.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr Announced

3. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr Announced Jan 16, 2019, 01:38 VaranDragon

New class Necromancer! They lost me at "classes".  

News Comments > Vigilantes vs. Fallout 76 Dupers

12. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jan 15, 2019, 02:20 VaranDragon

Stormsinger wrote on Jan 14, 2019, 19:48:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 14, 2019, 19:47:
Fallout76 is buttered popcorn.

Sounds like UO all over again...let's let the players police the griefers, I'm sure it'll work this time!

I can't believe you just compared Fallout76 to UO.

Hahahahahhaahhahahaah

News Comments > Anthem Gets New Videos; Not Getting Loot Boxes

12. Re: Anthem Gets New Videos; Not Getting Loot Boxes Jan 14, 2019, 14:59 VaranDragon

Creston wrote on Jan 14, 2019, 14:37:
Btw, is it just me or do a lot of the enemies seem pretty braindead in these videos? To the point where they just stay there while 3 guys wail on them?

No it's not just you. I have a feeling this is going to be another Destiny 2 with more flash, more bang, and flying. While flying seems kind of cool, it remains to be seen if it actually requires any skill or adds anything great to the gameplay or if it's just another pretty gimmick to go along with all the rest of the gimmicky braindead shit.

Maybe Im wrong and Anthem turns out to be a great ARPG with excellent skill based gameplay and challenging encounters that actually require you to think about your tactics and gear but somehow I have a feeling it's probably going to suck balls...

News Comments > Op Ed

6. Re: Op Ed Jan 12, 2019, 13:50 VaranDragon

Nice. Fear and Loathing. Dug the book, loved the movie.  

News Comments > Lawsuit Alleges Secret $12M Randy Pitchford Bonus

7. Re: Lawsuit Alleges Secret $12M Randy Pitchford Bonus Jan 12, 2019, 04:50 VaranDragon

I stopped giving a shit about this developer after Aliens: Colonial Marines effectively killed the franchise in FPS games. Borderlands? Im too old for that particular skinner box.  

News Comments > Bungie Emancipated (Again)

19. Re: Bungie Emancipated (Again) Jan 11, 2019, 04:04 VaranDragon

So Destiny 2. A pretty game with great gunplay, set in a world where all the missions are basically kill everything on the screen, get reward. MOBS give true meaning to the term "trash" mobs and there is no risk to go with the reward.

Man fuck these dumbed down carebear games, they are the scourge of the gaming industry. I can't believe that this is the same fucking studio that made Halo.

News Comments > F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games

6. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 11:14 VaranDragon

Beamer wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 09:36:
phinn wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 09:19:
Fortnite is absolute trash and a rip off of the best battle royale game there is PUBG. If it wasn't for kids playing it as the new Minecraft no one would care.

Mortal Kombat for the Sega Genesis is the best video game ever made.

(This is what people sound like when they say "this is the best game, the one you like sucks!")

The problem with using this example for your argument is that Mortal Kombat is arguably the best arcade beat-em-up ever made.

News Comments > The Division 2 Blows Off Steam; Specs Revealed

26. Re: The Division 2 Blows Off Steam; Specs Revealed Jan 10, 2019, 02:21 VaranDragon

Is there anyone who actually thought the Division was good?  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Mirror of Discovery This Month

2. Re: Star Trek Online Mirror of Discovery This Month Jan 9, 2019, 16:18 VaranDragon

NKD wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 15:13:
Captain Killy!! Cadet Tilly trying to act like her Mirror Universe counterpart was one of the funniest bits in Discovery.

One of the better bits in an otherwise dissapointing Star Trek show. Seriously, Enterprise was better than this.

I actually liked it more and more as I watched it until they... *spoilers in secret text*

..killed of Lorca. Seriously, the whole thing went into to the shitter with the final two episodes. Also I have to mention the Klingons. Jesus the Klingons. I didn't mind their modified look, but they completely gutted everything else that made the Klingons what they were in Trek Lore.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Special Editions

13. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Special Editions Jan 9, 2019, 09:59 VaranDragon

This is not a new trailer.  

News Comments > Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required

26. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 8, 2019, 16:50 VaranDragon

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 12:42:
ItBurn wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 12:35:
Well if this is Win10 only, I guess I'm not playing it...
And not even DX12... lol

Yeah this is really weird. I mean a lot of people are still gaming on Win7 machines, so if it's not a DirectX 12 exclusive, what possible reason would they have to leave a good chunk of money on the table? Im guessing that Win10 machines are kind of more like consoles, so they are easier to support? (lol?)

News Comments > Alien: Blackout a Mobile Game

27. Re: Alien: Blackout a Mobile Game Jan 8, 2019, 10:31 VaranDragon

I don't think anyone is claiming that good mobile games are an impossible task, just an improbable one. Most mobile games go for the low hanging free-to-play, pay-to-win fruit and even with a decent gameplay loop this leads to pretty much guaranteed mediocre games.

I for one can't get hyped for a mobile game for precisely this reason. The only one which I played which was absolutely awesome was Hearthstone.

News Comments > Valve Getting the Bans Back Together - Sets New Monthly VAC Ban Record

12. Re: Valve Getting the Bans Back Together - Sets New Monthly VAC Ban Record Jan 8, 2019, 01:59 VaranDragon

Kxmode wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 19:54:
I'm pretty sure Valve doesn't care about genuinely banning otherwise they would do so at the Hardware ID level (HWID). It is way too easy for cheaters to repurchase the game. The enticement to repurchase and continue to cheat is high when they're generating hundreds of dollars selling fraudulently acquired items on Steam's Marketplace (for example, CS:GO stuff sells for tens of dollars per item). Banning at the HWID level makes it much harder to circumvent and more costly since the cheater is forced to buy all new hardware. Further, prohibiting random HWIDs makes bypassing even more muddled.

hwIdLockout = (cpuid / 150) * 2
hwIdLockout = (vcid / 150) * 2
hwIdLockout = ((cpuid + moboid) / 150) * 2
hwIdLockout = ((moboid + vcid) / 150) * 2
hwIdLockout = ((cpuid + moboid + vcid) / 150) * 2

And so forth.

https://www.wikihow.tech/Spoof-a-MAC-Address

No new HW purchase required

2034 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >