Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for InBlack

Real Name InBlack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VaranDragon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Yeah, it's me.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2016, 06:51
Total Comments 1918 (Pro)
User ID 58327

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Cloudpunk Announced
3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Nov 12, 2018, 13:39 VaranDragon

Not sure how I feel about the retro graphics, but they nailed the Bladerunner atmosphere.

I do wonder though what Rockstar could do with a Bladerunner license. Hell even without it, I think GTA Cyberpunk style could be kind of awesome.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer Vermintide 2 Going Back to Ubersreik
2. Re: Warhammer Vermintide 2 Going Back to Ubersreik Nov 12, 2018, 13:35 VaranDragon

They need some kind of PvP element in this game. I stopped playing the first one and passed on the second because after a while, doing PvE on the same maps over and over again kind of got old.

Still waiting for that Versus L4D successor, but no other game since has done it better and few have tried.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2018, 13:25 VaranDragon

That liquid heat storage chemical is the shit!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 8, 2018, 13:49 VaranDragon

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 13:16:
Fion wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 13:07:
Having never read the Altered Carbon novels, I adore the show.
I too thought the show was the shiz. But the novel is intense. The show fails to capture 1/10th of the books world building. almost apples and oranges tomatoes

I dunno. I thought the world building was the best part of the show, they messed with the lead character's backstory though, and I can't figure out why exactly. Maybe because they figured it would be too dark otherwise. The envoys for example really ARE the bad guys in the books. (They were/are government special forces, not some hippie rebels)

Still a good show, I liked it a lot. But yeah the novels are much better.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Getting Gary Busey as Santa
2. Re: Killing Floor 2 Getting Gary Busey as Santa Nov 8, 2018, 13:46 VaranDragon

Did someone say Danny Glover?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpWoU8mju6s

News Comments > Blizzard Denies Pulling Diablo 4 Tease
13. Re: Blizzard Denies Pulling Diablo 4 Tease Nov 6, 2018, 17:20 VaranDragon

Armengar wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 16:31:
cant say i care really. Diablo 1 was fantastic for its day, even unlocking the secret monk. Diablo 2 was even better and hacking the loot generator to spawn those top notch items was fun. D3 was different and not in a good way. I got my money worth from D3 but it was nowhere near as good. D4 will probably be a mess of microtransactions to alleviate the grind.

i bought d1 d2 d3 on launch. i wont be doing the same with d4 as i dont trust the direction.

This.

News Comments > Bethesda Responds to Fallout 76 Exploitation Concerns
9. Re: Bethesda Responds to Fallout 76 Exploitation Concerns Nov 6, 2018, 12:28 VaranDragon

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 12:05:
VaranDragon wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 11:57:
It's nothing like that, PvP seems to be completely optional.

For the most part but there is still room to grief others. Me and my friend were playing and in the first town there was a roaming band of players who were just unloading in to us and while we were in passive mode there's still a little damage which soaks through and they were on us like peanut butter and jelly until we left.

I guess the amount of ammunition required is the deterrent but it still can't stop shitty players being shitty.

Other than that, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the beta. My friend had three keys to give out and since I was on the fence about it I asked for one and it's been interesting to say the least. The lack of human NPCs is jarring and the holo tapes are a little bit to talky talky but overall it had a nice flow to it.

I thought the game would run like supreme shit but I can play on Ultra 1440p and it stays over 80fps. I mean, it still looks like shit in most cases but I figured I'd be tanking in to the 30s.

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 11:57:
Also from what I've seen there is MOB leveling in the game.

I'm not sure if there is... at least not for higher level mobs anyway. I encountered a weird glitch which teleported me from the starter zone to another sub-zone and the mobs were level 25 Mole people whereas I was 5 or 6. The nearby Super Mutants were my level though so I dunno...

Yeah scaling is restricted to regions and and min-maxes a bit.

In any case this guy sums up my feelings on the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWlrVI1-Yc

6. Re: Bethesda Responds to Fallout 76 Exploitation Concerns Nov 6, 2018, 11:57 VaranDragon

Acleacius wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 11:56:
Darks wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 10:54:
ldonyo wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 10:48:
I had a great time with the beta this past weekend and can't wait for the full release!

So did I, I never saw any exploits, but I wasn't trying to do anything out of the ordinary either.

But the game was fun, plays very much like any of the other Fallout's. with some minor changes.
Would you mind expanding on how it plays if you have the time?

I was pretty much under the impression this was just another battle royal, just Fallout's version. Unless you mean the combat feels like previous Fallout's during battles or maybe I just misunderstood the game.

It's nothing like that, PvP seems to be completely optional. Also from what I've seen there is MOB leveling in the game. Somehow level scaling is still a thing thing that somehow never seems able to die, despite being hugely unpopular.

4. Re: Bethesda Responds to Fallout 76 Exploitation Concerns Nov 6, 2018, 11:52 VaranDragon

Watched Shroud play (he is a big fallout fan) game looks like about as fun as watching paint dry. It's basically Fallout4 with other people, if you have friends and No NPCs, just quests to do in a dead, abandoned world, since you can run away from anyone you want to, and everyone does. Also most quests bug out if more than one person does them. Well, okay I guess thats to be expected from a beta right?

If they had some true PvP servers for people who don't just carebear it might actually have some meat on its bones. Also for a supposed survival game, it's actually surprisingly easy to survive. You literally find shit everywhere. I think the F4 survival "mode" where you had to eat and drink was more difficult than this is.

In fact this whole game makes Fallout4 look like a really, really great game in comparison and thats not a good thing.

Really, really hate the fact that they put level limits on guns. So you found a cool new gun? Well guess what! You're gonna have to wait 10 levels before you can use it! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK? Why is this in the game?!

News Comments > Rumor: Blizzard Pulled a Diablo 4 Announcement
16. Re: Rumor: Blizzard Pulled a Diablo 4 Announcement Nov 6, 2018, 03:27 VaranDragon

I have a feeling this particular dead horse is going to get beaten into dust in the next few months.

I have absolutely nothing against Blizzard announcing a mobile Diablo game. Have at it. What pisses me off is how they are treating that particular IP in general, especially considering that it was probably their most original IP. You can't say this about any of their other games but with Diablo, Blizzard basically created the aRPG genre as it is known today. I know that many here like D3, but to me it was huge letdown. Basically what Im saying is that Im not surprised that Blizzard could bungle things like they did with this announcement, and its just another confirmation of the fact that Blizzard (like many big name developers recently) are just another huge corporate AAA dev that has lost touch with what made its earlier games so great in the first place.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Nov 5, 2018, 16:52 VaranDragon

jdreyer wrote on Nov 5, 2018, 16:20:
Playdiablo4.com is a fan-made site that redirects to Path of Exile's homepage…

LOL. My only complaint about PoE is that the levels reset if you don't return to them fast enough.

PoE is pretty damn good. At least it was the last time I played it. If I had to fault it, it would have to be for very hard to break gear walls at certain levels. I don't know if they made those a bit milder to get through, I haven't played in a quite a while.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2018, 10:46 VaranDragon

I think anyone who remotely cares about this hobby of ours has a right to an opinion. Also whatever this guys failings since then, he WAS a producer on Diablo2, which means that at least at some point in time he had at least some degree of influence on the culture of gaming development at Blizzard.  

News Comments > Diablo Mobile Backlash
78. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 5, 2018, 03:58 VaranDragon

AFAIC they fucked up with D3, and this mobile game is just icing on the shit cake that won't fix the kiddie game that D3 turned out to be. Atmosphere=0, Horror=0, writing =-1, laughable at best. Story FUBARED beyond all belief and the gameplay decimated to cater to the lowest denominator.

Christ I still get goose bumps when I remember some of the "simplistic" monologue from Diablo 1 & 2, (since your character never spoke it was mostly monologue) and how far down the shitter Blizzard threw that IP is beyond all belief.

They are as bad as Activision with what they do to their IPs and since they are owned by Activision I guess that should be no surprise.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 5, 2018, 03:50 VaranDragon

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 15:28:
Witcher 3 is the best game ever made. Change my mind.

Nope. It ranks pretty high up but I can think of a number, from a number of different genres that rank higher.

If considering pure RPGS then, IMO Fallout2 is absolute king and has not yet been dethroned. In aRPGS Diablo2:LOD rules supreme. In shooters I think we can all agree Half-Life is probably the one to rule them all, at least as far as single-player is concerned, though there are many close, close contenders. In Space Sims we have Descent: Freespace and Freespace 2 tied for equal first place with Tie Fighter.

The list goes on, but yeah if you were born in the 2000s or thereabouts I can understand how the Witcher3 could seem like the best game ever made. I agree its pretty damn awesome, but best game ever? Hmmm, I think jury is still out on that...

71. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 4, 2018, 13:02 VaranDragon

I couldn't give two shits about whether another Diablo is coming or not. After the last one, there is no hope in hell that the next one, or the next five will be anywhere near as good as the first two were. I just think it's telling that there was a reaction to this news, even the hardcore Blizzard fans are waking up to the fact that this is not the Blizzard of yesteryear.  

21. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 3, 2018, 19:33 VaranDragon

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 19:22:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 17:24:
Did the Blizzard guys need to call for security so they could exit the stage safely?

The disconnect from their fans and what they want is double facepalm Picard worthy.

The company that made Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 does not exist anymore so this surprised only people who don't understand what kind of shitty publisher Activision really is.

This. D3 doesn't hold a candle to the awesomness that D2 and D2:LOD was. Blizzard lost the magic touch a long time ago.

News Comments > Battlefield V Specs
1. Re: Battlefield V Specs Oct 31, 2018, 19:39 VaranDragon

Looks like my i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHZ is finally showing its age. Not that I have any intention of playing this game, but when your CPU starts getting long in the tooth for major AAA releases it's time to upgrade.  

News Comments > Blood Revival Tease?
4. Re: Blood Revival Tease? Oct 30, 2018, 11:40 VaranDragon

I'd be down for a proper remake. But I don't think I have the imagination or the tenacity to wade through a build-engine "remaster".  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2018, 11:32 VaranDragon

Bill Borre wrote on Oct 30, 2018, 11:25:
Facebook is for old people.

I hear this routinely from my 17 year old step-daughter.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Abyss Update Launches
27. Re: No Man's Sky Abyss Update Launches Oct 30, 2018, 11:15 VaranDragon

|RaptoR| wrote on Oct 30, 2018, 10:30:
BluesNews posters have always been some of the most bitter I've encountered on the internet. Nowadays it's watching the same core group try to outdo each other on stubborn bitterness.

I suppose not much has changed. Comments were pretty toxic back when Quake Kart was put on hiatus because Wedge and Choryoth went to Valve.

It's the train wreck you can't look away from.

This is such bullshit. Newsflash, the internet is a toxic place. Stil there are literally more people in this thread giving their KUDOS to Murray and Co. than there are naysayers.

It's just that Bluesnews has always been a pretty loose place where people can be passionate about their like/dislike of games or gaming related subjects without stepping on some moderator's tippy toes.

People get pretty bitter on other places too, but rarely are they as passionate or articulate as they are here. The other difference is that they are usually also censored. I prefer Blue's neutral attitude on most of this, and is one of the main reasons I keep coming back.

1918 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo