Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for InBlack

Real Name InBlack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VaranDragon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Yeah, it's me.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2016, 06:51
Total Comments 1918 (Pro)
User ID 58327

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Special Editions
13. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Special Editions Jan 9, 2019, 09:59 VaranDragon

This is not a new trailer.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required
26. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 8, 2019, 16:50 VaranDragon

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 12:42:
ItBurn wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 12:35:
Well if this is Win10 only, I guess I'm not playing it...
And not even DX12... lol

Yeah this is really weird. I mean a lot of people are still gaming on Win7 machines, so if it's not a DirectX 12 exclusive, what possible reason would they have to leave a good chunk of money on the table? Im guessing that Win10 machines are kind of more like consoles, so they are easier to support? (lol?)

News Comments > Alien: Blackout a Mobile Game
27. Re: Alien: Blackout a Mobile Game Jan 8, 2019, 10:31 VaranDragon

I don't think anyone is claiming that good mobile games are an impossible task, just an improbable one. Most mobile games go for the low hanging free-to-play, pay-to-win fruit and even with a decent gameplay loop this leads to pretty much guaranteed mediocre games.

I for one can't get hyped for a mobile game for precisely this reason. The only one which I played which was absolutely awesome was Hearthstone.

News Comments > Valve Getting the Bans Back Together - Sets New Monthly VAC Ban Record
12. Re: Valve Getting the Bans Back Together - Sets New Monthly VAC Ban Record Jan 8, 2019, 01:59 VaranDragon

Kxmode wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 19:54:
I'm pretty sure Valve doesn't care about genuinely banning otherwise they would do so at the Hardware ID level (HWID). It is way too easy for cheaters to repurchase the game. The enticement to repurchase and continue to cheat is high when they're generating hundreds of dollars selling fraudulently acquired items on Steam's Marketplace (for example, CS:GO stuff sells for tens of dollars per item). Banning at the HWID level makes it much harder to circumvent and more costly since the cheater is forced to buy all new hardware. Further, prohibiting random HWIDs makes bypassing even more muddled.

hwIdLockout = (cpuid / 150) * 2
hwIdLockout = (vcid / 150) * 2
hwIdLockout = ((cpuid + moboid) / 150) * 2
hwIdLockout = ((moboid + vcid) / 150) * 2
hwIdLockout = ((cpuid + moboid + vcid) / 150) * 2

And so forth.

https://www.wikihow.tech/Spoof-a-MAC-Address

No new HW purchase required

News Comments > More Alien Teasing
5. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 6, 2019, 16:44 VaranDragon

The Ripley family really can't catch a break...  

News Comments > Anthem Alpha Gameplay Video
12. Re: Anthem Alpha Gameplay Video Jan 5, 2019, 06:50 VaranDragon

Looks like a typical console button masher with aim assist and all that jazz. Basically you're this almost immortal armored soldier dude with flashy lazers coming out your eyes, and lightning bolts shooting out of your asshole "flying" down a linear tunnel from one pretty location, turning everything there into slag by bashing down on one or two console buttons, then flying down a linear tunnel to another pretty location where you get to do the same, all the while listening to horrible voice actors trying to convince you that this incredibly flashy and nonsensical shit they are telling you actually means something.

If anyone thinks this game is anything more than this continuous loop I've described above, you've once again fallen for Bioware's hype machine.

There does "seem" to be a bit of skill involved, than in that horrible, horrible game called Andromeda, since you can move vertically and arent limited to just button mashing behind cover every single time, but that could also just as well take very little skill too, if all you need to do is just bash another button to evade this while shooting that.

News Comments > More on the Star Control Legal Battle
14. Re: More on the Star Control Legal Battle Jan 5, 2019, 05:33 VaranDragon

Brace yourselves.

Litigation is coming.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 4, 2019, 15:09 VaranDragon

Spektr wrote on Jan 4, 2019, 13:02:
Musk 2020.

Well to be fair, these last two tweets read more like bad attempts at humor than anything else really.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2019, 12:07 VaranDragon

Damn that fusion article is such goddamn clickbait. So Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates invested 75 million into a fusion power startup. Big Deal. No mention of ITER or any of the other billion dollar government funded experimental projects that are going on at all. Oh well at least the fraudster cold fusion experiment got a mention, without actually mentioning that it was a fraud, merely a failure.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2019, 11:01 VaranDragon

The Americans was fun, though it kind of dragged on at times. Still worth sticking with it just to see how it turns out for the characters who you can't help but sympathise with.

If you haven't had the chance check out "Looming Tower" Blue. It's just one season and deals with the lead up to 9/11, without going into conspiracy territory and puts a real human face on the people who were tasked with protecting the country. Awesome cast, and great dramatization of what could have maybe been a preventable tragedy.

News Comments > DMCA Notice Freezes Star Control Origins in Carbonite
45. Re: DMCA Notice Freezes Star Control Origins in Carbonite Jan 2, 2019, 06:23 VaranDragon

Dev wrote on Jan 2, 2019, 02:08:
IANAL

Wut?

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2018, 12:14 VaranDragon

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 30, 2018, 14:32:
As I am so fond of repeating, "No Human Will Ever Leave Our Solar System".

Never say never. If people were designing spaceships with 50s era nuclear technology that could get to a decent fraction of the speed of c, who is to say what will happen in a thousand years.

Project Orion

Though it's even odds we destroy ourselves and our world way before we ever reach the stars.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Dec 29, 2018, 15:24 VaranDragon

Jivaro wrote on Dec 29, 2018, 13:39:

'Fallout 76' "fans" are upset.

Im more surprised that there are "fans" of this POS game at all...

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Video
1. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Video Dec 28, 2018, 10:38 VaranDragon

I for one can't wait. Please be good, please be good.  

News Comments > Denuvo Hates Your PC (Now Proven by Science)
6. Re: Denuvo Hates Your PC (Now Proven by Science) Dec 27, 2018, 12:47 VaranDragon

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 27, 2018, 11:47:
Or is it a time=money thing, where they remove it so as not to need to re-up a contract with denuvo?

Im guessing that it's this. Basically they removed the protection once it's been cracked. Since there is no benefit to it anymore, and it just might cause issues with legitimate customers.

News Comments > Denuvo Hates Your PC (Now Proven by Science)
3. Re: Denuvo Hates Your PC (Now Proven by Science) Dec 27, 2018, 11:09 VaranDragon

Red886 wrote on Dec 27, 2018, 10:58:
how is this news? (news being new that is)

AFAIK this is the first time someone's tested it. I'd consider that pretty newsworthy.

News Comments > Essay Required to Unban Fallout 76 Cheaters?
6. Re: Essay Required to Unban Fallout 76 Cheaters? Dec 26, 2018, 13:43 VaranDragon

Why write an essay when they can simply register another account and buy the game again to cheat again?  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 16 Details
14. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 25, 2018, 06:27 VaranDragon

Kxmode wrote on Dec 25, 2018, 05:56:
D3 does two things better than POE: cinematics and story.

No. No it doesn't. Hopefully you mean production values, because the way the story is told, the voice acting, the writing, everything about it is Disney Diablo for Little Babies. It's terrible.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 16 Details
12. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 25, 2018, 02:14 VaranDragon

Alamar wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 12:51:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 12:32:
Xero wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 12:19:
Seriously, how do they keep going on with this? lol.
came here to say this

I used to wonder the same thing when they did it with D2, but apparently, and I know this is an odd concept... There are a ton of other people, that love this shit ; )

In D2 it at least made some sense. New builds required new character builds, and there were a ton of them. Also the added "fun" of having PKers entering your game to fuck you all up while you did Baal runs (Im talking about Hardcore here) was tension building and added a rush to the game unlike any other. Also the ladders were really easy to understand. Everyone starts at lvl 1. Whoever gets to lvl99 first or stays in the lead with the XP until the end of the ladder season wins.

News Comments > Fallout Classic Collection Free for Fallout 76 Players
23. Re: Fallout Classic Collection Free for Fallout 76 Players Dec 24, 2018, 10:16 VaranDragon

I would add another design motto which seems to be all the rage with AAA publishers these days. Especially Bethesda. "What can we cut, what is superflous" or in a word "streamlining".

If you look at the (de)volution of Bethesda games since Morrowind, there has been more and more of that in each and every game they have released since. Even the critically praised Skyrim suffered from it.

Thank the Gods there are still studios like CDPR out there that buck this trend and actually care about gaming quality over production values.

1918 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo