Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for InBlack

Real Name InBlack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VaranDragon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Yeah, it's me.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2016, 06:51
Total Comments 1918 (Pro)
User ID 58327

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Anthem Reviews
2. Re: Anthem Reviews Feb 22, 2019, 11:28 VaranDragon

Cutter wrote on Feb 22, 2019, 10:58:
In other words if you like hamster wheel looter shooters you'll like it. If you don't you won't.

Makes Hellgate London look content rich by comparison. Damn I actually miss that game. Shit, who would have thought I'd ever utter those words...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BATTLETECH Free Weekend
10. Re: BATTLETECH Free Weekend Feb 22, 2019, 03:17 VaranDragon

Best Mechwarrior game since Mechwarrior2: Mercenaries! My personal GOTY 2018. I actually bought it at launch and played and finished it bugs and all.

The multiplayer is fun too, I did a bit of that and it's quite a bit of fun. Though I imagine it's more fun if you have some friends to play against instead of random strangers.

News Comments > Anthem Day One Patch Notes Redux
9. Re: Anthem Day One Patch Notes Redux Feb 21, 2019, 10:51 VaranDragon

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 21, 2019, 10:14:
Kain wrote on Feb 21, 2019, 09:56:
Mass Effect 76, good grief what a list.
Games nowadays are a lot more complicated than ones that fit on a single 3.5" floppy and was made by a team of one.

iow nothing to see here

Except Anthem isn't really that complicated. You have two mission types. TWO. For the entire game. You also have three strongholds. You have a large open world, that's split apart with hundreds of loading screens. So, basically it's not an open world. Compare Anthem with any other open world game and it fails pretty miserably in variety and that's not even touching the technical issues with the game. (I.E. Loading Screens)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qRFVPqNmh0

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Virgin Atlantic Flight Reaches 801 MPH as Furious Jet Stream Propels Faster Than Sound Barrier. Feb 20, 2019, 18:48 VaranDragon

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 20, 2019, 12:24:
Uh, no. One of the worst headlines I've read in a while. This would be like measuring your driving speed based on the rate you are passing the rock seven miles under the road. Perhaps this article was written by a flat Earther? That's about the only way it makes any sense...

Not a good analogy. The headline is not as misleading as you imply it to be. The important bit is that the actual speed of the airplane is measured relative to the ground, this is what matters in air travel. The airplane itself is not breaking the sound barrier, relative to the air, but it is reaching the speeds implied relative to the ground. So yeah, the aircraft is not breaking the sound barrier (aerodynamically that would be impossible for a passenger jet) but to an observer standing on the ground, it's definitely traveling faster than sound.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2019, 15:43 VaranDragon

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Feb 20, 2019, 13:03:
The Social Justice Warriors have ruined Anthem with their inclusion of females and medieval theme. I shot a rabbit or some weird rabbit creature and the NPC criticized me in an apparent effort to ban guns to prevent me from feeding my family.

Well shit. Too bad you like the game right?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 20, 2019, 03:11 VaranDragon

shiho wrote on Feb 20, 2019, 01:17:
"But mommy, everyone I disagree with is a Nazi because Hillary lost and I'm upset". What an embarrassment you people have become.

Anyone who can't take a Nazi joke is automatically a Nazi. Don't you internet bro? Godwin's Law. The end.

News Comments > Battlerite Royale Now Free-to-Play
1. Re: Battlerite Royale Now Free-to-Play Feb 20, 2019, 03:09 VaranDragon

Too little, too late. Sorry & Goodbye  

News Comments > Path of Exile: Synthesis Announced
11. Re: Path of Exile: Synthesis Announced Feb 20, 2019, 03:07 VaranDragon

ItBurn wrote on Feb 19, 2019, 20:20:
Creston wrote on Feb 19, 2019, 19:51:
I keep wanting to play this. It's installed and ready to go, but every time I think I'm going to, I look at how much is in this game, and I just feel overwhelmed at the thought of having to learn all of it.

Going through the campaign, which is gigantic, will gradually show you things in a way that shouldn't overwhelm you too much. You can also ignore all the old league stuff noooo problem. You can just pick it up when you're higher level. But yeah, don't try to make a build yourself, it's a waste of time. Google a good "league starter" build for that league and just do exactly that without even thinking.

I played it without googling a single thing way back before they even added the first expansion and the game was great fun. Up until I hit a solid gear wall at about the start of hell difficulty (or whatever the third difficulty was called). Game was and is better than Diablo3.

News Comments > Paradox Interactive Year-end Report
6. Re: Paradox Interactive Year-end Report Feb 20, 2019, 03:04 VaranDragon

I really liked Stellaris, and I consider Battletech GOTY of 2018. With that said Im not buying into their DLC unless free or at a steep discount, but these guys generally make pretty decent games out of the box. Which can't be said for many other developers these days.

I would buy a Clan based Expansion for Battletech, or a Clan Invasion standalone game in a second though.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 19, 2019, 02:04 VaranDragon

Whats wrong with you people Punisher was awesome! Especially the first season. The second season was kind of ruined by Billy the "still pretty" psycho who can't act to save his life but the storyline with the kid and the billionaire religious nuts was kind of cool. Granted Im still watching it (7 episodes in) but it was still the best Marvel show on TV.  

17. Re: etc. Feb 18, 2019, 10:52 VaranDragon

Numinar wrote on Feb 18, 2019, 09:55:
VaranDragon wrote on Feb 18, 2019, 05:47:
That article about Heinlein is basically from an interview with Gregory Benford. Benford is one of my all time favorite sci-fi authors. He mostly writes believable "hard" sci-fi, which I suppose makes sense given his background in physics but some of it is truly on an epic scale.

If you haven't had the chance check out Benford's Galactic Center series. It starts of rather slow, but picks up the pace by book three or so. One of the few series that actually gets better and better with each new book.

Gets good at book 3 is to genre novels what “fun after the first 15 hours” is to video games.

Which usually means that shit is my jam and therefore this is an amazing recommendation and I’m going to hit up the library request system tomorrow!

Heh. Yeah I get what you mean It's not that the first two books are bad, they are pretty great it's just that because of the scale and scope of the events taking place, they are a bit of a slow burn. Once the characters start connecting the dots, the implications are absolutely stunning and the action and pace really picks up in book three.

13. Re: etc. Feb 18, 2019, 05:47 VaranDragon

That article about Heinlein is basically from an interview with Gregory Benford. Benford is one of my all time favorite sci-fi authors. He mostly writes believable "hard" sci-fi, which I suppose makes sense given his background in physics but some of it is truly on an epic scale.

If you haven't had the chance check out Benford's Galactic Center series. It starts of rather slow, but picks up the pace by book three or so. One of the few series that actually gets better and better with each new book.

News Comments > CIG on RTX and Star Citizen
5. Re: CIG on RTX and Star Citizen Feb 17, 2019, 13:54 VaranDragon

jdreyer wrote on Feb 17, 2019, 12:42:
Wait, they're rejecting implementing superfluous technology in favor of working on the game?

WHO ARE YOU, AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH STAR CITIZEN?

Yeah, this is literally the first time they have answered with a pretty straightforward "NO". Usually whenever someone suggested another "feature" they could implement into the "game" it was met with an emphatic "YES, SURE, OF COURSE WHY THE FUCK NOT!?"

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2019, 10:52 VaranDragon

Dune is sci-fi at its best. Though it's actually a socio-economic comentary on ecology, religion and the class system of unbridled capitalism, disguised as sci-fi, or even fantasy really.

I hate the distinction of cerebral and non-cerebral sci-fi. True Sci-fi always makes you think. At least it should. If it doesn't it's not that good. Brainless entertainment aside, superheroes and all that shlock.

I like the fact that they are attempting another Dune, though I feel this would have been better served as a big budget series ala Game of Thrones than anything else really.

The worldbuilding is so rich that a movie would not do it justice unless they break the first book into several films. This is the biggest problem with Lynch's version really. I think it caught the atmosphere of the books really well, but it never sucked you in the way the book did, simply because so much of the book was left on the cutting room floor and Paul's transformation (the central plot of the book) never felt authentic. Also the Fremen were kind of ridiculous.

I hope they keep the Arabic roots of the Fremen intact in the new film. Though that probably won't sit well with most of the US public. Terrorists as good guys? I can see the outrage already...

News Comments > AFL-CIO Pitches Game Development Unionization
10. Re: AFL-CIO Pitches Game Development Unionization Feb 16, 2019, 08:16 VaranDragon

ledhead1969 wrote on Feb 16, 2019, 03:09:
Only low intellect do-nothings think a union benefits them.

So basically you're insulting blue collar workers. But that's to be expected. I mean your kind treats them like trash, uses them and discards them at your will. Or even worse, you could probably be one of those people who belong to the blue collar class of workers, and still hate everything about them. You despise them, because you secretly despise yourself.

News Comments > AFL-CIO Pitches Game Development Unionization
9. Re: AFL-CIO Pitches Game Development Unionization Feb 16, 2019, 08:13 VaranDragon

PacoTaco wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 20:30:
I hope they print this plea out on nice soft paper. I want a nice clean asshole and no burning. AFL PDQ can suck my hairy beanbag.

I think we got a Scab here.

News Comments > Metro Exodus Released
11. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 12:47 VaranDragon

Darks wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 12:21:
VaranDragon wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 11:52:
Darks wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 10:58:
Blues? You know Anthem is also live today too right? For Those who have a Premier Account active.

In fact, HalfElf is now streaming the game live on Twitch.

Look up The_Half_Elf

HalfElf is a streamer?

Okay....

Yea, he does not have a lot of people watching, so go and support our local Elf!

Yeah doing that right now!

News Comments > Mortal Kombat 11 Trailer
2. Re: Mortal Kombat 11 Trailer Feb 15, 2019, 12:23 VaranDragon

So the only way to play as Shao Kahn is to preorder the game. Fucking stupid if you ask me.  

News Comments > Metro Exodus Released
5. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 11:52 VaranDragon

Darks wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 10:58:
Blues? You know Anthem is also live today too right? For Those who have a Premier Account active.

In fact, HalfElf is now streaming the game live on Twitch.

Look up The_Half_Elf

HalfElf is a streamer?

Okay....

News Comments > Neill Blomkamp's Anthem Trailer
3. Re: Neill Blomkamp's Anthem Trailer Feb 15, 2019, 02:07 VaranDragon

Desalus wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 22:38:
That's a pretty sweet trailer. Hopefully it turns into something more.

I hope the fucking Afrikaner gets off his ass and makes a godamn sequel to District9, instead of fucking experimenting with these short film projects. At this point he is getting as bad as James Cameron and he has nowhere near his film pedigree.

1918 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo