Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for InBlack

Real Name InBlack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VaranDragon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Yeah, it's me.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2016, 06:51
Total Comments 1918 (Pro)
User ID 58327

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 21, 2019, 03:38 VaranDragon

Simon Says wrote on Mar 21, 2019, 02:04:
bigspender wrote on Mar 20, 2019, 21:36:
.... that's regressive leftist bullshit.

I think you're conflating the left/right spectrum with the libertarian/totalitarian spectrum here.

This.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human
48. Re: More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Bec Mar 21, 2019, 03:33 VaranDragon

Prez wrote on Mar 20, 2019, 23:56:
KezClone wrote on Mar 20, 2019, 21:56:
Are all these negative posts cut and pasted from the Uplay, Origin, GOG threads back in the day?

Hilarious

Eh? People generally were happy with GOG since the beginning. They are always pro-consumer. People didn't like Origin and Uplay at launch because they were utter shite. (And because EA is the devil).

Eh, "they were utter shite" is not the reason. The reason why I didn't like supporting Origin and Uplay was because for years they only offered games that they published on their platform. The fear was that the middle man was to be cut, all publishers would sell only their own games directly to the customer and you would be forced to use tens and hundreds of clients to do buy them.

This has not come to pass, luckily, and Epic genuinely want to make a competitor to rival Steam, so in a couple of years time, more choice = good for me.

News Comments > More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human
47. Re: More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Bec Mar 21, 2019, 03:15 VaranDragon

The funniest thing about all of this is how 99% of you who are crying like there is no tomorrow about this, will cave and buy from the Epic store when the first hyped over-the-moon game comes along that you HAVE TO, HAVE TO, HAVE!!!

It's just another store for fucks sake. Why is it so bad for you the consumer, and why is it bad for developers? There is no rational reason, other than maybe security concerns but guess what? Steam had huge issues at its start, and there is no guarantee that it's some kind of safe haven. The entire internet is a security concern.
In any case you sure can vote with your wallet and I encourage you to do just that. Except you wont. How many of you actually ever do?

News Comments > MS Introduces Variable Rate Shading
5. Re: MS Introduces Variable Rate Shading Mar 19, 2019, 13:40 VaranDragon

Yeah, Im gonna go with "wait and see" to see if this actually turns out to be true.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Bringing DirectX Raytracing to GeForce GTX Cards
14. Re: NVIDIA Bringing DirectX Raytracing to GeForce GTX Cards Mar 19, 2019, 03:56 VaranDragon

I just upgraded from the 970GTX to a RTX2060. Seemed like the best bang for buck right now. Pretty satisfied with the upgrade, and since Ill be gaming in 1080p for the forseeable future I think I did good. (Don't care about Ray Tracing, Casting or whatever)  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2019, 12:42 VaranDragon

That's a really great pic Blue!  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
7. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Mar 17, 2019, 07:54 VaranDragon

heroin wrote on Mar 17, 2019, 01:11:
I know we're talking about Germany but don't forget about Scandinavia. The US is F'd up in terms of locking people up - we hold 25% of all of the worlds prisoners. However, on the opposite end of the spectrum - in Norway dude massacres 77 people (admits that he wishes he could have killed more) and gets 22 years in a vacation home prison. You know they believe in rehabilitation and shit like that even for mr. evil incarnate who slaughters 77 people like animals.

Please don't spread the fake news. This guy is never getting out. The way the sentence is setup (since they don't have life imprisonment) every 20 years he will be "evaluated". Sort of like a parole board, except this one's job will be to never let him out of jail. It's the only way they could keep him in prison for life. Not only that, but whatever you may think of his prison, vacation home etc. He is kept in isolation. Complete isolation. He never sees another person ever. Maybe a guard now and then. I don't know how fucked up you have to be, but that sounds like hell on earth, no matter how clean the sheets are or how good the food is.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2019, 13:58 VaranDragon

Im so sorry Blue. As a doggie daddy myself you have my sympathies, can't imagine how it will feel when Kate's time comes  

News Comments > Vehicular Battle Royale notmycar Announced
4. Re: Vehicular Battle Royale notmycar Announced Mar 16, 2019, 13:08 VaranDragon

This could have it's five minutes of fame.  

News Comments > Steam Versus Review Bombing
5. Re: Steam Versus Review Bombing Mar 16, 2019, 09:10 VaranDragon

For every 1/10 bullshit review, there is a 10/10 completely uncritical fanboy review. In a large enough sample base they cancel each other out. Unless there is some controversy that kind of skews this a littlebit off-kilter. That's rare however.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 16, 2019, 04:07 VaranDragon

Beamer wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 17:00:
MeanJim wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 16:51:
The horrific shooting at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, was designed from the start to get attention

Isn't that what all mass shooters want? And news outlets are eager to give them all the attention they want.

Sadly, this one was much smarter about getting the attention. The manifesto, the way it used social media, etc.

13 year olds today know more about Social media than old farts like us. It doesn't take smarts, not really. Also, a FPS style video that is actually a REAL LIFE KILL CAM? That shit would have gone viral even if he had posted it on some third world bulletin board from twenty years ago.

News Comments > The Division 2 Released
23. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 16, 2019, 04:03 VaranDragon

Remember the marines from Half Life 1? Now there was AI that was truly great, challenging and DEADLY. No bullet sponginess bullshit there.

Or reaper bot from Quake1. That guy ripped me to pieces the first few times I played against it.

Why can't ANYONE GET IT RIGHT!? Seriously it's been now what, 20 years? 20 years and AAA games still can't figure out how to get this shit right. Opting for the lazy way out.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Mar 16, 2019, 03:58 VaranDragon

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 20:44:
Money triumphs over 20 year old tweets.

Well DUH! Although publically crucifying a man and ruining his career for something he said 20 years ago shows there is something seriously wrong with this society.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Beyond Announced
42. Re: No Man's Sky Beyond Announced Mar 16, 2019, 03:48 VaranDragon

Kxmode wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 16:25:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 13:14:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 12:24:
I'm not sure how many free updates these guys have to give out for people to forgive them. They over-promised before release, after release they seem to be working damned hard to deliver, as well as watching what they do promise.
Exactly, now they have proven they can be trusted.
People just like to complain.

A liar can never be trusted. That's a hard truth that's been around since forever.

For a supposed Christian you take a pretty hard line stance against this whole forgivness thing. As in, you don't really believe in it. Oh that's right you're a Jehovah's witness. I guess it doesn't really work that way for you guys. You're all into that Old Testament shit really deep right? As in only Jehovah's witnesses shall be saved and for everyone else eternal damnation?

Seriously bro, the guy lied about a game. A game that him and his company have since pretty much fixed. It's not like he fucked your wife or something, so maybe give it a little bit of a rest?

News Comments > The Division 2 Reviews in Progress
6. Re: The Division 2 Reviews in Progress Mar 15, 2019, 12:06 VaranDragon

Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 10:40:
Worth A Buy is definitely one of the best game reviewers. The funny thing is, half his subscribers love him, the other half hate him, only because he's not afraid to share his honest opinion about games and the gaming industry. I'll typically watch his reviews before making any purchasing decisions. Out of all the reviews I've watched, the only one I disagreed with was Assassin's Creed Odyssey. He thumbed it up in the end, but he didn't sound like he cared to play it. I actually loved the game. Just goes to show you that games are subjective. But some games are just complete trash, and he isn't afraid to spell it out. He's one of the only reviewers who hasn't become a sellout.

Im with you on this. He is also extremely passionate about games and he works very hard, usually without any support from developers or publishers. (He very, very rarely gets a pre-release copy in advance of an actual release and he has to buy most if not all of the games he reviews). This has actually led to him having some kind of physical and mental breakdown recently, due to stress and overwork, which he was kind enough to share with his followers.

He's taking it a bit slower now, and you won't be able to find Mack's reviews on day one of a release usually. That works for me though, I don't really buy anything on day one, usually, ever.

News Comments > DCS F-14 Tomcat Takes Off
5. Re: DCS F-14 Tomcat Takes Off Mar 14, 2019, 13:06 VaranDragon

Very resource intensive. In Multiplayer at least. No problems with the included single player missions and tutorials.

I've already shot down the Su27 in the guns only fight. Gotta say Im loving the module so far, but it will punish those who punish her.

Not attempted a carrier landing yet. Still perfecting landing on land. She likes to float, however using the DLC it seems to be harder for some reason. Im probably doing it wrong.

Jester AI works like a charm. However he tends to be pretty terrible at catching contacts on radar within 10nm. It's probably to do with the radar cone and range setting, or it could be a bug.

Everything else is absolutely awsome so far. Sounds, cockpit shake, flight model, etc. and the Phoenix is a beast.

News Comments > DCS F-14 Tomcat Takes Off
1. Re: DCS F-14 Tomcat Takes Off Mar 14, 2019, 10:10 VaranDragon

What Im playing (learning) at the moment.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
8. Re: Morning Patches Mar 13, 2019, 18:17 VaranDragon

Holy shit! This looks sweeeeet. However I feel that Disney will shut this down if it's ever released.  

News Comments > Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to Windows
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2019, 05:02 VaranDragon

MattyC wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 04:32:
VaranDragon wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 02:40:
Let me guess, Windows 10 exclusive? (Maybe even Windows 11 exclusive, depending on release date?)

Since they mention Steam, I don't think that is very likely.

Would be a first for the franchise.

News Comments > Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to Windows
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2019, 02:40 VaranDragon

Let me guess, Windows 10 exclusive? (Maybe even Windows 11 exclusive, depending on release date?)  

1918 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo