Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for InBlack

Real Name InBlack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VaranDragon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Yeah, it's me.
Homepage http://
Signed On April 1, 2016
Supporter -
Total Comments 2054 (Senior)
User ID 58327

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 28, 2020, 04:21 VaranDragon

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 28, 2020, 00:01:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2020, 23:48:
Google Bans Infowars Android App Over Coronavirus Claims.

Same as the flu, amirite?
People who believe Covid19 is the same as the flu also believe their head is the same as their ass.
NY ICU doctor clandestine footage of the crowded hospital.

For most people with regards to symptoms it is much more similar to the common cold (except no runny nose), indeed many exhibit no symptoms at all. Which is precisely why it is so dangerous, because it is very virulent even in those who simply carry the virus and exhibit no symptoms! It's definitely no joke.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 23, 2020, 06:25 VaranDragon

Doom 2016 was pretty great, even with the fubared multiplayer which was "iffy" but sometimes decent when it worked.

This? From everything I've seen, not the sequel I was hoping for.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Released

16. Re: DOOM Eternal Released Mar 20, 2020, 15:30 VaranDragon

No DM, no sale.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews

2. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 18, 2020, 15:28 VaranDragon

TLDR, "we fucked up by outsourcing the multiplayer last time round so this time we just decided that we're gonna just do away with most of it and include the one asymetrical mode that no one asked for, ever"  

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Reviews

14. Re: DOOM Eternal Reviews Mar 17, 2020, 16:25 VaranDragon

WaltC wrote on Mar 17, 2020, 12:13:
I didn't like the corny demon-pentagram-Hell-skull theme 30 years ago--like something out of a grade C horror flick...;) I always thought even then, "That's all they could think of? That's it?" I'll pass this up, too. I bought some of the older games when they were new--but invariably lost interest after 10-20 minutes of the repetitive button-mashing gore fests...;)

You're so much better than us. Please tell us more.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED: Remote Work Keeping Cyberpunk 2077 on Track

12. Re: CD Projekt RED: Remote Work Keeping Cyberpunk 2077 on Track Mar 17, 2020, 07:36 VaranDragon

One other thing to consider, when discussing the numbers game is the number of unreported cases. In most European countries people with mild symptoms are advised to stay at home even if they develop mild symptoms. They are only advised to report to their local doctor or infirmary if they develop respiratory symptoms and it is only at that point, when they actually go to the doctor that they are tested for the virus and they are added to the stats.  

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Launch Trailer

5. Re: DOOM Eternal Launch Trailer Mar 13, 2020, 08:20 VaranDragon

Man this narration is fucking corny as hell. Would have been better with just the music and some demon fragging action.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2020, 14:47 VaranDragon

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 11, 2020, 14:18:
Fion wrote on Mar 11, 2020, 13:25:
For scifi fans looking for something to watch, season 2 of Altered Carbon came out a few weeks ago on netflix and it's awesome. Ends with a big twist that has massive repercussions on season 3.
Are you familiar with the books it is based on? Did they follow the second novel closely?

I am familiar with the books, read all three, and I gotta say the second season is drastically different from what I remember reading.

I don't necessarily mind that, but on its own it is a much weaker season compared to S1. BTW S1 followed the first book closely, with some changes to the characters' backgrounds and backstories.

*disclaimer*

I havent seen all the episodes of S2, I think im on Ep6. or 7.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 11, 2020, 14:22 VaranDragon

I wonder what it will shine on the US healthcare system...  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Remastered in June

6. Re: Command & Conquer Remastered in June Mar 10, 2020, 12:19 VaranDragon

I loved c&c back in the day but I would have prefered a remake of the game. Keep the gameplay mostly intact but create a modern 3d engine that looks as well as plays great.  

News Comments > Into the Black

11. Re: Into the Black Mar 10, 2020, 09:54 VaranDragon

How bout flipping people off or giving them the bird?

Think Im gonna go with that...

Considering how some people on this board feel sickened by the human touch it should obviously be perfect for greeting those very same people.

News Comments > Evening Interviews

3. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 10, 2020, 09:26 VaranDragon

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2020, 19:43:
How about player run servers - not rented ones - or at least ones that aren't laggy AF. I have 300Mbps and was always 200-250ms on their shitty servers when I wasn't lagging out completely. It's like gaming online 20+ years ago.

I find it extremely funny that Cutter bought into the trainwreck of Fallout76. Hahahahahh.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal System Requirements

41. Re: DOOM Eternal System Requirements Mar 9, 2020, 05:10 VaranDragon

El Pit wrote on Mar 8, 2020, 13:28:
VaranDragon wrote on Mar 8, 2020, 13:17:
El Pit wrote on Mar 7, 2020, 14:44:
VaranDragon wrote on Mar 7, 2020, 13:50:
El Pit wrote on Mar 7, 2020, 10:42:
The Ryzen 7 1700x ain't good enough but an i7-6700K is? What the hell? Optimised for max. 4 cores/8 threads maybe? And the 1700x's other 4 cores can take a break and go shopping during Doom 2020?

Apart from the glory Athlon days, Intel has always and I mean always been better at single threaded performance, which includes 85-90% of all gaming.

Before you start calling developers lazy, an engine needs to be written from the ground up to support multi-threading on the level you want it to be and, news at 11, most game engines in common use today are not.

So they are not lazy but won't optimise their engines to use more than 4 cores/8 threads because those 8 core cpus are soooo new (the 4th Ryzen generation will be released this year)... Right? Truth is: with the next console generation also going for more than 4 cores, the developers will suddenly magically learn how to optimise their engines for more cores...
Whatever. Maybe we will see a patch in a year but by then I might have a Ryzen 4700x in my rig and then I can wait for this to hit the bargain bin including everything coming with the year passes.

Did you even read what I wrote? Optimising an older engine for more cores is usually simply NOT possible. No patch can solve this. This is NOT a new engine and while id have been engine pioneers while John Carmack worked there, those times are long past for id software.

E.g. World of Warcraft and Path of Exile did the impossible: they patched multithreading into their game engines...

WoW's engine went through so many changes over the expansions that its basically a new engine. Which is one of the reasons why the latest Vanilla WoW took so long to get released, they basically had to rebuild the whole game from scratch to take advantage of it. As for GGG's engine, this was the plan from the start. They were building the engine as they were developing the game, and still continue to do so.

This is not something that's usually done for single player FPS games as it is extremely cost prohibitive unless it is planned for from the very start, and it is obvious that this is not the case with the latest Doom.

39. Re: DOOM Eternal System Requirements Mar 8, 2020, 13:17 VaranDragon

El Pit wrote on Mar 7, 2020, 14:44:
VaranDragon wrote on Mar 7, 2020, 13:50:
The Ryzen 7 1700x ain't good enough but an i7-6700K is? What the hell? Optimised for max. 4 cores/8 threads maybe? And the 1700x's other 4 cores can take a break and go shopping during Doom 2020?

Apart from the glory Athlon days, Intel has always and I mean always been better at single threaded performance, which includes 85-90% of all gaming.

Before you start calling developers lazy, an engine needs to be written from the ground up to support multi-threading on the level you want it to be and, news at 11, most game engines in common use today are not.

So they are not lazy but won't optimise their engines to use more than 4 cores/8 threads because those 8 core cpus are soooo new (the 4th Ryzen generation will be released this year)... Right? Truth is: with the next console generation also going for more than 4 cores, the developers will suddenly magically learn how to optimise their engines for more cores...
Whatever. Maybe we will see a patch in a year but by then I might have a Ryzen 4700x in my rig and then I can wait for this to hit the bargain bin including everything coming with the year passes.

Did you even read what I wrote? Optimising an older engine for more cores is usually simply NOT possible. No patch can solve this. This is NOT a new engine and while id have been engine pioneers while John Carmack worked there, those times are long past for id software.

31. Re: DOOM Eternal System Requirements Mar 7, 2020, 13:50 VaranDragon

News Comments > Black Mesa Officially Released

24. Re: Black Mesa Officially Released Mar 7, 2020, 10:48 VaranDragon

Drayth wrote on Mar 6, 2020, 19:03:
Xero wrote on Mar 6, 2020, 18:48:
Just caught the trailer. For anyone that has never played Half Life through should sure be in for a treat! What's mind blowing is that if you never did, imagine, we had this in 1998? WHERE tf where you?

I remember playing the Half-Life: Day One leak (thanks Creative Labs!) the night it hit the net. I was completely glued to my monitor.

When the biggest 3d games you had played up to that point were Quake, System Shock and Sin.. HL was on another level entirely.

Yeah, HL basically set the standard for a FPS narrative driven experience. Probably the best single-player FPS I have ever played. HL2 was pretty good too, but it only sporadically reached the heights of the first one.

News Comments > Into the Black

5. Re: Into the Black Mar 6, 2020, 04:06 VaranDragon

The submarines look baddass though. Looks more like a horror movie than an actual WWII flick, which might not be a bad thing at all.  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate III Early Access Nears

5. Re: Baldur's Gate III Early Access Nears Mar 6, 2020, 03:52 VaranDragon

I hope Larian gets this right. Something always bugged me about their games, nothing that I can really put a finger on exactly but I never finished a single one of their games.

Another thing. The rule changes to the P&P game with 5E are something I really dont care for. Changing spells like Finger of Death from "Roll to avoid death" to "Roll to avoid Flat Damage" is a step backwards for D&D. Kills the immersion completely for me.

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Locomotion Videos

12. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Locomotion Videos Mar 3, 2020, 03:36 VaranDragon

How is this awesome? I like VR and think its a thing, but teleporting from cover to cover while sniping enemies that are as blind, slow and stupid as Star Wars Stormtroopers is not my idea of a good time.  

News Comments > Sunday Previews

14. Re: Sunday Previews Mar 2, 2020, 03:35 VaranDragon

jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2020, 13:32:
Eirikrautha wrote on Mar 1, 2020, 13:20:
How about implementing the game first? I wanted a space-fighter simulation. Wing Commander for the 21st century. I don't want first person shooters, survival mechanics, real-time strategy, mining and economic simulations, etc. I want to blow up not-Kilrathi in spaceships! How hard is that?!?! Apparently, for this bozo, it's damn near impossible...
I'm with you, but I'm pretty sure that SQ42 will be mostly WC for the 21st C. The online Persistent Universe (PU) is where they're adding all these additional mechanics. Still, a bit annoyed that this is being implemented as part of 1.0, instead of being added as an update.

SQ43 first needs to exist for it to be anything at all.

2054 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >