Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for InBlack

Real Name InBlack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VaranDragon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Yeah, it's me.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2016, 06:51
Total Comments 1166 (Pro)
User ID 58327

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced
15. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced Dec 10, 2017, 17:38 VaranDragon

If they nailed the gameplay who cares about the graphics. What's up with that turned based Battletech game though? Is that out yet?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Stellaris Humanoids Species Pack Released
4. Re: Stellaris Humanoids Species Pack Released Dec 7, 2017, 14:51 VaranDragon

This is like the one thing this game doesn't need. Superficial variety. The last expansion pack that added AI races was pretty good. The game would be perfect if it added more variety that actually reflected in specific gameplay changes. As it is playing with most of the species in the game feels exactly the same with each playthrough.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Dec 6, 2017, 03:05 VaranDragon

A Star Trek Tarantino movie? Well why the fuck not? I mean how much worse could the franchise get? At least Tarantino might be able to surprise us all...  

News Comments > Abandon Ship Won't Set Sail This Year
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 2, 2017, 05:41 VaranDragon

There is only one decent sailing game out there at the moment, and its called Naval Action.

Be warned, its an alpha. The GUI is terrible, the learning curve is extremely steep, and the gameplay is brutal and unforgiving. You will be ganked. A lot.

Still, I've got over 500 hours in it, and can't stop playing.

Avoid Naval Action Legends, its a WOT style cash grab game. Naval Action however, is excellent despite its many faults.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2017, 14:13 VaranDragon

Verno wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 11:20:

I think I will pick up the book series that the movie is based on sometime, perhaps a good Christmas list opportunity.

Im just finishing a second rereading of the entire series. The film is remarkably faithful to the two main characters of the book series, (though not to any particular story in the books) which is why it works so well.

The series is 20 books overall, but they are such fun to read (once you get used to the 19th century language) that it goes by too fast....

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 27, 2017, 11:30 VaranDragon

This is like the worst article ever. Scaring people doesn't work? Bullshit. Fear is one of the primary motivators known to man. (And Animal).

Fear of losing your job. Fear of not getting food on the table. Fear of not procreating.

That it's not the BEST motivator out there has generally been known since the 17th century. Though it's still being used to good effect today. (See: Pretty Much Every Western nation's Domestic & Foreign Policy)

So yeah, old fucking news.

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering Arena Beta Next Month
4. Re: Magic: The Gathering Arena Beta Next Month Nov 22, 2017, 08:35 VaranDragon

LaxerFL wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 01:02:
I hope they don't dumb down Magic to be more like Hearthstone... The thing I like most about MTG is the complexity! The depth of the synergies, the combos, the variety of decks and play styles... These are things that make Magic so great!
I like Hearthstone also but it is a quick, easy, time killing thrill. Magic is an involved, strategic, time consuming hobby. They may share a genre, but the two are not the same game and I know how popular Hearthstone is right now and that Wizard wants to get in on that money train but I hope they give in to the mob...

Lax

Prepare to be dissapointed. Tragic: the Garnering is coming....

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2017, 14:23 VaranDragon

Happy birthday Blue. Enjoy your night out.  

News Comments > Overwatch Free Weekend Underway
1. Re: Overwatch Free Weekend Underway Nov 18, 2017, 05:12 VaranDragon

I haven't played in ages and feel no urge to. Just wondering is it still going strong?  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 16, 2017, 07:00 VaranDragon

Well since Cyberpunk will NOT be based on a particular character so you will have the freedom to create, taylor and role play a different character for each playthrough, and supposing that they create as interesting a world and quests as they did for the Witcher 3, Id say that Cyberpunk 2077 could definitely be a better role playing game right out of the gate.

Id also say that it's time for someone to take on Bethesda with regards to single player RPGs, they have been lax in the past few years progressively dumbing down their RPGs. Their really last GREAT RPG was Morrowind. As great as the Witcher 3 was, it didn't really compete with the ES series, as it doesn't have the freedom to create and roleplay a character of your own choice.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2017, 07:11.

4. Re: Richest 1% Nov 15, 2017, 13:20 VaranDragon

Bill Borre wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 10:38:
I wonder if the 1% read those headlines and think to themselves "Why not all of it?"

What happens then? What happens when they have all of it?

10. Re: John Carpenter’s ‘The Thing’: The Story of an SF Horror Game-Changer. Nov 13, 2017, 16:34 VaranDragon

The Thing is one of my all time favorite films. Here is an award winning short story, based on the film, from the perspective of the alien, called "The Things" by Peter Watts. It's a weird mindfuck, but highly recommended:

http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Nov 1, 2017, 07:05 VaranDragon

Slick wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 20:53:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 20:34:
I thought everyone was supposed to stop buying EA games about 15 years ago. Ubi around 8. Activision 5 etc. I don't look at them as conduits to my gaming nexus. Sure I may buy their games... at great discount, but again each stand on their own.

Lol I guess "everyone" didn't read the "Pissy PC Gamer Monthly" you've been putting out.

Some of us choose to judge things based on their own merits, and not because we have to identify with a tribe.

BTW This is the part where you tell me that "Everyone" (more and more gamers every day) is a moron, and you're the smart one.

What tribes, what the fuck are you on about? Just because you like to play garbage doesn't mean that everyone else does.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2017, 10:55 VaranDragon

On Last Action Hero. The reason Arnie gives is really dumb. The movie bombed because it opened against Jurrasic Park. End. Of. Story.

In any case, it still made money overseas, and True Lies came out later and was a big hit.

I kind of like that movie, it's a guilty pleasure despite the annoying kid.

It's still way better than anything Michael Bay ever made.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Oct 23, 2017, 10:32 VaranDragon

No.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2017, 04:25 VaranDragon

68 year old lottery winner, decides to take his cash in 26 year installments.

/facepalm

I guess he feels his luck will hold out

News Comments > The Orange Box Turns 10
6. Re: The Orange Box Turns 10 Oct 11, 2017, 02:24 VaranDragon

jdreyer wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 22:17:
Still got my Orange Box box sumwhar. It was awesome.

Im looking at it on one of my shelves right now. I actually bought it for TF2, so I actually bought Half Life 2 twice. Heh.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Oct 9, 2017, 11:03 VaranDragon

X-Plane 11? Pretty surprising.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
27. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 8, 2017, 12:09 VaranDragon

RE: Mashiki Amiketo

Snap out of it son.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2017, 12:49 VaranDragon

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 11:54:
"Evocatus (plural Evocati) was the Latin term for a soldier in the Roman army who had served out his time and obtained a discharge (Honesta missio) but had voluntarily enlisted again at the invitation of the consul or other commander."

The humongous Ego on that fucker Chris Roberts. Gotta give it to him, his Ego is so big, it has an Ego all of its own.

1166 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo