Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for InBlack

Real Name InBlack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VaranDragon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Yeah, it's me.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2016, 06:51
Total Comments 1936 (Pro)
User ID 58327

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2019, 11:22 VaranDragon

Half of the D&D article is about trans/gay/whatever people only "now" being included into the D&D subculture. Not only is it blatantly false, being a geek never had anything to do with your sexuality, but it's somehow critical to D&D's "supposed" resurgence. What gives?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock Speculation

7. Re: BioShock Speculation Nov 13, 2019, 11:00 VaranDragon

Im one of the few people who never got into Bioshock. Im talking about the first game here. One of the most overrated pieces of shit to ever be ported onto the PC IMO. I think I must have played it for about an hour tops and then just uninstalled it in frustration.

Apart from the cool "what-if" Ayn Rand setting (which is kind of fucked up in its own way) everything about it screamed console port, and the whole terrible gunplay mechanics combined with the weird plasmid powerups *ugh*

I guess I came into it expecting to be blown away by a spiritual successor to System Shock, however it was nothing even remotely close to that.

So yeah I ignored all the rest of the games that came out after that.

News Comments > Saturday Previews

6. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 10, 2019, 12:18 VaranDragon

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 10, 2019, 01:34:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 21:20:
Simon Says wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 15:18:
Certainly better than D3, but it's hardly dark. Even in the darkest area, you can see all the way to the edge of the screen... The devs need to replay D1-2. The claustrophobic vibe when you could hardly see around you in some areas because your torch would just light a small circle around you is not there at all.

Mods could resolve this, but heh, can't mod an online game now can you?

Yeah, it's such a shame that we have more than a 16-bit range of colors now, and can still show detail throughout several shades of darkness...

Diablo 1 vs. Diablo 4

Literally unplayable!

Just not really feeling the need for a D4. Maybe if it was a 3rd person action game, or something fresh... or just SOMETHING other then another top down slasher I might take a longer look.

The isometric hack&slash rpg was basically invented with D1. Not expecting another entry in the series from the company that invented the genre is like not expecting the sun to rise in the morning.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2019, 14:05 VaranDragon

Watched the first season, and really really wanted to like it. However I find the damn show pretentious, confusing, and full of plot twists and hooks left to be resolved at some "further point" that I gave up in disgust despite some riveting performances by the cast and the premise of the show which is intriguing.

News Comments > Morning Multiplex

5. Re: Morning Multiplex - Diablo IV Nov 9, 2019, 07:40 VaranDragon

There are a lot of feedback videos from blizzcon atendees on the D4 (demo). A lot of them are scared that D4 will just continue the infinite treadmill system of D3, which is scarier then the Butcher from D1 when you first encountered him.

So far the devs seem to have nailed the graphics and atmosphere. I hope they listen to some of that feedback, a lot of it is really insightful.

News Comments > Into the Black

3. Re: Into the Black Nov 7, 2019, 10:33 VaranDragon

I was hoping for some kind of article. This kind of breakthrough is huge, so Im a bit skeptical of just the video.  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Troubleshooting Includes Launcher Patch

10. Re: Morning Patches Nov 6, 2019, 06:14 VaranDragon

I dunno, I feel that the gunplay and combat mechanics in general from what I've seen feel pretty shallow and repetitive once the wow factor wears off, but I could be wrong about this. Im basing this only on gameplay videos and reviews.

I will admit the rest of the game looks and feels very authentic.

News Comments > Evening Interviews

4. Re: Evening Interviews - Overwatch team whine Nov 5, 2019, 10:33 VaranDragon

Jonjonz wrote on Nov 5, 2019, 06:35:
The Overwatch team whiners regarding leaks...

How precious.

Yeah, megalol.

News Comments > Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only

69. Re: Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only Nov 4, 2019, 13:55 VaranDragon

If I can't get D2's battle.net interface or its like in D4, Ill settle for multiplayer hubs within the world, which amounts to pretty much the same thing, replacing the chatrooms and servers with in-game hubs and instances.

Which in any case I wouldn't care two shits about anyway if the game turned out to be shit on release.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews

2. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 3, 2019, 16:00 VaranDragon

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 3, 2019, 12:03:
GamesBeat: So far the revealed classes have all also been in Diablo II. Is that a coincidence?

Kim: We just picked what classes would be great for Diablo IV.

Yeah. Right. And the "greatest" classes will only be $14.99 in a post-launch DLC Wink .

So far they have mentioned expansions and cosmetics as the only type of DLC. I doubt they would put classes behind pay walls, since that would be a really dick move, even for Blizzard/Activision.

News Comments > Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only

7. Re: Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only Nov 3, 2019, 12:11 VaranDragon

Before the thread gets out of hand with the extreme hate/fanboism Id like to put forth a balanced view.

From what I've seen it looks like they are heading in the right direction at least from an art/atmosphere/story mode. This is paramount as it will guarantee at least one enjoyable playthrough, unlike Diablo "The T(h)urd" which had me cringing from act to act even on my first playthrough.

PvP and player interaction is supposed to be making a pretty big comeback too, which is another step in the right direction as the social aspect of D2 was never really implemented in D3.

Skill and talent trees are back, which is another big plus, as far as replayability is concerned, and they seem to be on point with itemisation as well from what I've head of the developer comments.

A big warning "sign" though IMO is that the developers still have no clue as to what the endgame should be, and that they are discussing a return to the pointless grind of the paragon levels and the stupidity of the shard system of D3 and it's expansion. The thing that was great about D2 is that players pursued their own endgame, which was somewhat emergent, whether that was high level trading, exploring strange builds, speedrunning, hardcore PvPing, etc. but it's early days yet so I guess we will see.

Another worrying aspect is that soulbound items are back in, and yet again they appear to be the most powerful items in the game, forcing players to grind, grind, grind if they ever want to see them, instead of PvPing for them, or trading for them if they wish. Hopefully this is soemthing that is not set in stone though, and will be abandoned before the game ships.

All in all Im hopeful, which is something that I never thought I would be after the shiftest of D3, but this is still a definite wait and see game.

News Comments > EA Games Returning to Steam

43. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 15:56 VaranDragon

I see the same faces here drooling over an EA game, not too long after they were shafted with the complete and utter piece of shit game that was Anthem.

Yeah, go ahead and preorder this as well. You know you want to.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2019, 05:15 VaranDragon

If the electricity for your electric car is generated from Coal or Gas burning plants, then no, your electric car is not green. Even if they somehow magically discovered a fully recycleable battery tomorrow.

Once we get off fossil fuels completely for our energy needs things will get better, but we also need new battery technologies.

News Comments > Some Blizzard Employees Walkout Over Hong Kong Controversy

17. Re: Some Blizzard Employees Walkout Over Hong Kong Controversy Oct 10, 2019, 07:57 VaranDragon

MrBone wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 06:59:
A contract is a contract. No matter what anyone thinks, Hong Kong is going back under Chinese rule completely by 2047. The people who do not want to live under the oppressive regime need to migrate away. Sad, but true.

The colony faced an uncertain future as the end of the New Territories lease approached, and Governor Murray MacLehose raised the question of Hong Kong's status with Deng Xiaoping in 1979.[71] Diplomatic negotiations with China resulted in the 1984 Sino-British Joint Declaration, in which the United Kingdom agreed to transfer the colony in 1997 and China would guarantee Hong Kong's economic and political systems for 50 years after the transfer.

The day that Chinese troops and police can enforce Chinese laws on Hong-Kong soil is the day any previous agreement with anyone is null and void. If China decides to level Hong Kong to the ground tomorrow, what the fuck can the British or anyone else for that matter do?

The only ones who potentially have the power to do anything about anything are the people who actually live there. External pressure can be brought to bear to some extent on any internal issues but that only goes so far.

News Comments > Tencent Acquires Funcom Stake

12. Re: Tencent Acquires Funcom Stake Oct 1, 2019, 03:51 VaranDragon

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 30, 2019, 22:48:
El Pit wrote on Sep 30, 2019, 13:36:
Being owned and destroyed by US hedge funds is soooo much better than by their Chinese counterpart! Right, guys? Guys? Hello?!
I'm not real sure where all the China hate comes from. Every thing you own from the clothes you wear to your mouse probably has all or some of its parts made in China. Why should pc games be any different.

Westerners, or more specifically Americans are generally programmed from birth to hate anything that has a whiff of communism on it. Which is a shame since ideology has stopped being a true political force in the world a long time ago, and is mostly used as a way to scare people into voting one way instead of another.

News Comments > Evening Previews

4. Re: Evening Previews Oct 1, 2019, 03:34 VaranDragon

As a sim enthusiast there are some things that I care for more than actual graphics. System modeling and flight model fidelity. I expect system modeling to be at least decent, but as for FMs, well those have never been a particular strong point of FSX.

I think ill stick with DCS for now.

News Comments > Freespace 2 Free on GOG.com

9. Re: Freespace 2 Free on GOG.com Sep 25, 2019, 12:26 VaranDragon

One of the best games ever made. A couple of years ago I replayed the whole thing using the Open Freespace toolset, installing the upgraded graphics pack etc.

It was awesome. For the life of me I can't understand why the only person attempting to make another single-player space sim in this vein is a goddamn con-artist.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2019, 14:54 VaranDragon

Sad to hear about Eisenberg. DS9 was and remains one of my favorite TV shows ever, and probably inches ahead of TNG as the best Star Trek show IMO.  

News Comments > Initial Borderlands 3 Reviews Will be U.S. Only

25. Re: Initial Borderlands 3 Reviews Will be U.S. Only Sep 8, 2019, 20:55 VaranDragon

jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2019, 16:08:
Rigs wrote on Sep 8, 2019, 15:40:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 8, 2019, 14:05:
ExGemini wrote on Sep 8, 2019, 11:54:
Vatican City is not this weird fortress where nothing goes in or come out

True! Plenty of priests cum in little boys and girls before going out to the rest of the world to do it there too!

I really didn't need to know that. That said, I've always wondered how they excuse it away in their own heads? Do they feel they're doing 'the Lord's work' in some fucked up fashion or do they figure that, well, someone will probably get to them anyway, might as well be someone appointed by God? How do you do something that is in direct opposition to everything you supposedly stand and live for?

=-Rigs-=
Does the Bible specifically prohibit paedophilia? I remember Sodom and Gemorrah. Do those passages cover it?

Im pretty sure raping boys is a big NO NO. With that said there is nothing in the bible about the Catholic church, which has its own rules, one of the most important being the rule of celibacy for its clergy.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC

43. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 5, 2019, 10:32 VaranDragon

What the hell is the problem here? I don't see it. Free DLC and post release multiplayer support? Why the fuck would anyone have a problem with this is beyond me.  

1936 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >