Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for egg_mcmuffin

Real Name egg_mcmuffin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 22, 2016, 19:03
Total Comments 38 (Suspect)
User ID 58325

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter Two This Month
21. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter Two This Month Jun 2, 2018, 16:22 egg_mcmuffin

Hmm, I might have to give ED another shot after almost 2 years of no play...but I have a horrible story why...

On a fresh restart I to wanted to get to Jacques station (this was right when it reappeared) and made a goal to get a the best exploration ship I can to get out there at a reasonable amount of time to do some trade, maybe even explore.

It too a few weekends but I got myself a kitted out ASP Explorer with about 27 lightyear range which I was a happy with. I had taken so long (meh, month is long enough, I have to work and have other games) so I take that with two rovers incase once breaks. I also have a repair unit for emergencies.

I didn't bother with the engineer stuff because I felt like I got sidetracked (do I do mining/pirate/smuggle), doing that took a while back then anyway. so I figured meh, just go.

So with all ready I set off for Jacques station and had my sirrus-xm on for the ride.

It was awesome. I saw nebula and landed and roved around a few rocky worlds. Took screen shots and had a blast.

...1 months later (using 2-4-6 hours a day every Saturday and odd evening) About 250 jumps away from Jacques, they roll out the update that included neutron stars and the ability to overload your drive and give you an extra boost doubling your jumps.

OH YEA!!!!!

so I start charting for neutron stars for my route and begin using the extra boost, all is well and soon enough after a few days I am about 160 lightyears away!!!.

It was a Saturday. Such a beautiful Saturday. I started playing and counting my jumps. Wahoo! Jacques here I come. I'm not the first but i'm definitely one of the early one. I probably even found stuff too!!

I get to my final neutron star, from here that it. It had already been 3 hours. So I felt like getting a celebratory dominos deep dish with a nice cool six pack. As per regulations during celebrations of this calibre.

I point the ship directly opposite at full throttle to the neutron star. Not going to be one of those fools you read saying they log out and get sucked in....no way. Not after all this...I log out and leave.

20 minutes later I crack open a beer and pizza in hand I log back in. Only to discover....my ship....why is it spinning, all the alarms are ringing. I have a 45 seconds until the canopy cracks and a spin I can't get out of! Im inside the vortex and in a spin I cant get out of!!!!

Dropping the pizza slice and downing the beer as I try to get the ship under control...the canopy cracks. OH NO!!!!

Stunned.....I lean back and see if I can finish the six pack before the life support kills my character.....

Yep. that was the last play I had.....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DCS World 2.5 Released
14. Re: DCS World 2.5 Released Apr 8, 2018, 22:45 egg_mcmuffin

Rilcon wrote on Apr 8, 2018, 22:30:
Assuming my only interest is in WW2 and I'm looking for something that can feel realistic without needing to go through a 25-step checklist just to start the engine, should I go with this or the latest IL-2 (or something else entirely)?

I've been out of the "sim" game for over a decade; didn't have space for a flightstick on my desk anymore...

I would go for it, the normandy map is my favorite. It really is beautiful. There is a quick-start shortcut for all planes so you can skip the long start procedures (its windows + home...I think, I use voice attack so not sure on exact keys, sorry).

News Comments > DCS World 2.5 Released
13. Re: DCS World 2.5 Released Apr 8, 2018, 22:41 egg_mcmuffin

Great in depth sim, I purchased the f-5 tiger II last summer to get familiar. VR is phenomenal to play but unfortunately the people with track-IR and monitor setup are still going to have the edge in multiplayer.

A few reasons I say that is because the gunsight is always centered with your view and the 2nd is if they have a big 4k monitor they will spot you much easier from further away vs VR.

The only nagging issue I have is the community can be a touch toxic at times. Like, I get this is a military sim, so lots of tough guy attitudes, but places like hoggit are horrible. Choose your multiplayers wisely, I was thinking of joining the grim reapers, would be cool to fly formation and missions with a real squad of people...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 14, 2018, 09:39 egg_mcmuffin

good luck with that when I turn scripting off.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2017, 12:11 egg_mcmuffin

Having lived in harris county I can confirm, this lawer is a scumcicle.

I wonder what strip joint he found her at?...not trying to judge a book by a cover but if it looks like a coke head stripper and acts like a coke head stripper...

News Comments > JCB Pioneer: Mars Trailer
2. Re: JCB Pioneer: Mars Trailer Aug 31, 2017, 06:06 egg_mcmuffin

Baby you make me wish I had THA-REE hands!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2017, 03:51 egg_mcmuffin

Apparently he liked fighting too. I remember on the special features the director saying they had to get bodyguards not to protect sonny from other people but to protect other people from sonny.

First movie I remember seeing him in was firewalker, the chuck norris smash hit. lol.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 17, 2017, 01:16 egg_mcmuffin

I agree, and people should know better. Zuckerberg 2004:

Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard
Zuck: Just ask
Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS
[Redacted Friend's Name]: What? How'd you manage that one?
Zuck: People just submitted it.
Zuck: I don't know why.
Zuck: They "trust me"
Zuck: Dumb fucks....

These people do not care about you. They do not care about your issues. They do not care about protecting your interest. They want to satiate you to get your money.

Not sure what is worse, the people trying to enforce the "right way" or the people feebly clinging to past hoping it will solve all their problems for the future...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 6, 2017, 04:01 egg_mcmuffin

The cnn thing is funny in that we live in a society where the truth only matters depending on who the deliverer is.

I am not trying to make a mental bridge between the russian stuff vs trump, but what I mean is that just because someone is a giant asshole does not automatically invalidate their point if something is true.

News Comments > Op Ed
40. Re: Op Ed Jun 25, 2017, 22:39 egg_mcmuffin

Im reading the full UK tax rebate post, but noticed a new opening in the Austin office for a Financial Analyst...hmm what does the job specs say:

• Analyze international revenue patterns and fees in order to make recommendations that may optimize revenue for the company’s international online e-commerce operations
• Analyze merchant accounts and fee structures in order to guarantee maximum efficiency in collections and minimize fee structure associated with international payment processing
• Analyze and review other cost categories to confirm amounts are correct and as expected
• Reconcile receipts, rates, fees, and terms across various international payment processors in multiple currencies and multiple payment methods
• Reconcile e-commerce transactions between our company e-commerce platform and the various payment providers
• Reconcile tax collection and reporting across multiple international jurisdictions
• Participate in business intelligence process to answer questions about these activities and maintain recurring reporting standards on these activities

Someone got fired....

News Comments > Op Ed
38. Re: Op Ed Jun 25, 2017, 21:54 egg_mcmuffin

Oi, this does not bode well.

While I do think something will be released, this just stings. I was very vocal after the hangar module and subsequent delay to re-working the engine...and still try to remain silent..

My major issues with failed expectations are this:
1. This was supposed to be wing commander 2.0 initially, and that's all most og backers wanted (a good "space-flight sim", nothing more).

2. having it as backed by gamers gave the impression this was supposed to speed development and free the chains off the project creators and developers to get us what we wanted faster.

None of these things has been proven true in this games development.

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2017, 11:41 egg_mcmuffin

You boys like mexico?!  

News Comments > ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit
9. Re: ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit Feb 1, 2017, 22:08 egg_mcmuffin

Its at 1.79 billion monthly active users...billion with a b....and that's active within last month.

No one person should have access to that much personal data...then again those people are opting they are "ok" with it soo....

News Comments > ACE COMBAT 7: Skies Unknown PC Announcement
6. Re: ACE COMBAT 7: Skies Unknown PC Announcement Jan 26, 2017, 13:49 egg_mcmuffin

YES!!!!!

I really hope they release another hori flight stick and throttle....and this time add twist action on the stick for yaw...I couldn't stand the bumpers on the bottom of the throttle like the last one had.

It wasn't really a bad stick, it had some deadzone but wasn't horrible, good enough for a game like this anyway.

I just can't play this game without a flight stick..it just feels wrong.

edit/ didn't realize this is one pc. YES!!

News Comments > Conan Exiles Trailer
2. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 11:49 egg_mcmuffin

"home is where you keep the hearts of your enemies." nice....i'm totally stealing that.

Keeping my eye on this but the last conan mmo was a tad underwhelming...damn 06 seemed like yesterday.

News Comments > Alien Covenant VR Experience Plans
2. Re: Alien Covenant VR Experience Plans Jan 4, 2017, 11:58 egg_mcmuffin

Well, if it's like the martian movie experience I hope it's a free to download game. Hopefully if it's considered an actual real game they just re-skin and update alien isolation.

I've been thinking about re-buying alien isolation on pc just to play with the vr hack but im afraid the textures aren't going to be up to snuff and I already own the xbox one version with the season pass.

Still probably the best actual Alien franchise game in the last 10 years to me.

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up
30. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up Dec 26, 2016, 00:43 egg_mcmuffin

I know I said out of sight out of mind and I still am but even this made my jaw hit the floor.

lol.

As a programmer myself I can say these things can go easy, especially if its engineered well...it probably was as simple as updating the library reference location (like the physical locations of the libraries they are already using).

They probably had to say something rather than slipping it by in the dev notes or whatever the dev updates are there now....this probably wasn't a big deal, but it is funny as hell. haha.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2016, 09:58 egg_mcmuffin

You mean he's not a prince after all?!?  

News Comments > Shenmue III Preorders
4. Re: Shenmue III Preorders Dec 15, 2016, 19:44 egg_mcmuffin

Alamar wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 15:38:
egg_mcmuffin wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 11:09:
I still have my original dreamcast game, lots of memories with that game, I remember really liking driving the fork lift lol..

For some reason I couldn't seem to get into 2 but maybe I need to revisit.

I still have my original disc too... But I didn't end up liking it, at all, so I've played it about an hour...

Heh, I can see it not being for everyone. It is basically a life simulator. I got it right when I moved into my first pad, so I guess for me its more nostalgia going for it.

My poor dreamcast didn't survive that place, it burned something out but I wish I still had it

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 15, 2016, 18:57 egg_mcmuffin

Creston wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 14:00:
The thing that always irritates me about Xbone updates is that they'll go fast (filling my 24mbps connection), until they get to about 180MB left. And then they slow down. doooowwwnnnn... To like 5kb/s down. And they'll stay like that for 10-15 minutes.

And then they speed up again and finish. Every single fucking time.

And before you say that's my ISP doing it, I have no such issues with Steam, with PS, with anything. Just with effing MS.

Heh, same here for the last few days and I just got fiber. It might take the last 50mb 5min....At first I thought something was going on with my connection. Probably doing some anti-piracy scan or some bs.

38 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo