Total Posts
446 (Amateur)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

446 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 19.
Newer [  1    8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ] Older

Re: Star Citizen EVA Video
Apr 10, 2016, 04:46
Re: Star Citizen EVA Video Apr 10, 2016, 04:46
Apr 10, 2016, 04:46

1)I have no time for Chris Roberts and his company`s fraudulent operation

2)If you think content in this video "sucks" you`re really reaching out and trying way too hard. There`s nothing wrong with it...however attempts at nitpicking, especially with some learned (lol) arguments and outlandish logic (see CJ`s post) are quite funny.

A great paradox: I really want this game to succeed but also to see CIG crash`n burn. Unfortunately the two exclude each other (maybe the only way would be if they go bankrupt and somebody normal would take over the assets)

Re: Quantum Break PC Issues
Apr 9, 2016, 06:03
Re: Quantum Break PC Issues Apr 9, 2016, 06:03
Apr 9, 2016, 06:03

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 19:01:
Yeah I'm going to buy a console because a couple devs are intentionally gimping pc games. I'd feel like a chump if I gave into that weak ass tactic.

ROTFL @ PC Master Race conspiracy theories.

When a Witcher game is released, it`s a pathetic mess sprinkled with bugs. In fact, it`s like that whenever any fairly complex game is released. Some will get patched to a decent state, some won`t. Has to do with dev cycles, day one patches, PC being a secondary market, sheeple swallowing it all etc.

BUT NO! It`s the evil consoles. And masons. Perhaps masonic consoles form Planet X? Who knows...but the truth is out here, in a true PC gamer`s heart.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Apr 9, 2016, 05:52
Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 9, 2016, 05:52
Apr 9, 2016, 05:52

Every now and then I subscribe for a month, watch some stuff, cancel.

There`s just not enough content to justify steady subscription. They said it themselves that they`d rather concentrate on "original" in house shows/films than new stuff. But you can watch that over a week or two (regardless of the fact that after Arrested D fiasco I`m not really into any more nostalgia rehashes).

Re: Stellaris Trailer
Apr 9, 2016, 05:25
Re: Stellaris Trailer Apr 9, 2016, 05:25
Apr 9, 2016, 05:25

Could be PC GOTY for 2016, huge potential. The only downside is hands-off combat, apart form that it`s a rather exciting mix up of strategy genres developed by a very solid studio.

First Battlefield Gothic, then this. Not a bad year for strategy!

Re: Morning Mobilization
Apr 8, 2016, 07:20
Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 8, 2016, 07:20
Apr 8, 2016, 07:20

Julio wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 05:08:
By "elimination of men", I mean elimination of what men are and what real men are. The SJW focus is about trying to make men weak, powerless, feeling less than equal, not have the ability to single parent their children, and take away their manhood. Sure it will work on the weak-minded males out there including all those coming out of the woodwork on this site, but there are still plenty of us who are real men with spines.

Indoctrination of the young at "educational" institutions, ownership of the media, and now they're putting their extremist beliefs into games. They'll quote bullshit like "women are paid less than men" when they aren't for the exact (and I mean exact) same job.

It`s truly chilling that we can read such toxic garbage in 2016. Even more reasons to back the occasionally annoying "SJWs".

And the only thing more depressing than the predictable drone who authored this are all the people who silently agree or try to make light out of this issue.

Re: Feminist Frequency's next video series hits crowdfunding goal.
Apr 8, 2016, 07:09
Re: Feminist Frequency's next video series hits crowdfunding goal. Apr 8, 2016, 07:09
Apr 8, 2016, 07:09

Asmodai wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 06:50:
That her supporters are too stupid too see she is taking them for a ride to line her pockets and keep the spotlight on her is neither here nor there.

Even if this theory - that AS and others are in it for the money - was true, and not another lame -chan born narrative, it is irrelevant. The issue at hand - combating the extreme gaming misogyny - is bigger than that.

Describing things as "courting" trolls is one -extremely skewed - way of looking at it. The alternative is of course not responding, but that equals giving up. So it`s a lose-lose situation you describe: either you`re courting trolls or have no right to defense.

Re: Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints
Apr 8, 2016, 04:57
Re: Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints Apr 8, 2016, 04:57
Apr 8, 2016, 04:57

Beamdog: not only a bunch of hacks, but now also spineless pushovers.

Truly pathetic, first bleating on about "we stand behind all our developers 100%" and then caving in because a bigoted mob was butthurt over one line of text.

Re: Feminist Frequency's next video series hits crowdfunding goal.
Apr 8, 2016, 04:48
Re: Feminist Frequency's next video series hits crowdfunding goal. Apr 8, 2016, 04:48
Apr 8, 2016, 04:48

I hear that just about every campaign that got funded in the last minute. But no matter! SJW Haters and Alpha Male Defenders activate! `Tis surely a cause worth of an investigation.

Re: BAFTA British Academy Games Awards
Apr 8, 2016, 04:42
Re: BAFTA British Academy Games Awards Apr 8, 2016, 04:42
Apr 8, 2016, 04:42

It`s nice to see Fallout get some deserved love. The Witcher had enough of that, don`t be greedy.

Predictable (and tedious) wins for Rapture & Her Story - BAFTA crowd are suckers for anything "arty", nevermind if it`s an actual videogame or not.

Re: DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans
Apr 7, 2016, 06:31
Re: DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans Apr 7, 2016, 06:31
Apr 7, 2016, 06:31

Somebody explain to me why people in 2016 are surprised that there`s a season pass in a major release? Most likely the same people who validated this bullshit by happily buying other crap DLCs/passes?

Oh, wait, it`s Bethseda. Another gaming community`s whipping boy. And of course such thread wouldn`t be complete without somebody dropping the stupid bomb: how the evil Bethsoft laughs at fans while releasing broken games that said fans have to then fix themselves (nope, they don`t make one of the most complex video game series out there AND give you a complex modding toolset to play with it. That wouldn`t suit the narrative, right?)

Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy
Apr 6, 2016, 10:25
Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 6, 2016, 10:25
Apr 6, 2016, 10:25

It`s funny, IRL I wouldn`t give most of these so called SJW`s time of the day, since I can`t stand hipsters/yupsters and usually they qualify.

However, there`s little question about taking sides when reading garbage spewed by most posters here - and on other gaming sites. The interesting side effect of GG was my realisation what a cesspit the "gaming community" really is...

I can`t stand Beamdog and their "products", and also stirring controversy on purpose and putting modern issues into fantasy games....(though of course it was okay in The Witcher, eh, local hypocrites?). And admittedly sometimes it`s just nonsense, like in that recent "butt pose" controversy.

However, anything that enrages teh assorted bunch of 4/8channers, raging redditors and any other bigoted basement dweller - is fine by me and has to be applauded. Rage on folks! You`re not only totally wrong but your mindbogglingly dumb "arguments" are a source of endless joy for this poster. Thank you and see you soon in the next episode

Re: Evening Tech Bits
Apr 6, 2016, 10:06
Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 6, 2016, 10:06
Apr 6, 2016, 10:06

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 05:37:
Ps.: That google story is hilariously sad.

Missed the hilarious bit. And the sad thing is, nobody gives a toss.

Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns
Apr 4, 2016, 04:43
Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 4, 2016, 04:43
Apr 4, 2016, 04:43

The game looks over, yet is anything but. Throughout history change was effected even by tiny groups of resistance facing situations much more impossible and violent.

The paradox is that this here issue of giving up your privacy - selling your soul, really - is so sugarcoated with content and convenience that nobody will bother. Life without Steam, Google, newest apps and gadgets...shudder...most folk are too addicted to give all this wonderland up.

But in fact, it`s not so hard. There are either alternatives or realization best things in life are free and it`s worth to give some of this superficial crap up for a greater cause.

And resistance can work. The corporations are all about $ ,so if you threaten their profits, they would have to change tack. Worked for X1 with the always online BS.

Apr 3, 2016, 14:18
Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 14:18
Apr 3, 2016, 14:18

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 12:12:
Well the good news at least the gov't is against spying and data collection, they'll get it straightened out.

I get the snark, however let`s stop pretending "government" is something evil and corrupted intrinsically. They`re bought by highest bidders, and who`s the biggest fish in this privacy pond?

Google nearly weekly meetings at the White House

Apr 3, 2016, 09:14
Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 09:14
Apr 3, 2016, 09:14

Location information, which can be derived from information such as your device's IP address. If you're using a mobile device, we may collect information about the device's precise location

Looking forward to see what degree of spin they employ to arrive at "it`s only to help with your VR experience" template.

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay Footage?
Apr 3, 2016, 08:59
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay Footage? Apr 3, 2016, 08:59
Apr 3, 2016, 08:59

peteham wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 08:35:
Haha different strokes for different folks, I guess. ME2 is my absolute favorite of the series.
Yes, it will never cease to amaze me how two people can perceive same thing so differently

The original had flaws, of course, but it was also a game...with, you know, gameplay. ME2 streamlined everything over 9000 and took the wonder out. So, I much rather have generic warehouses over 200 planets than a few ultra-corridorized locations stuck on the map - since there`s no landings, there`s no real galaxy. And don`t even start me off on the joys of the mineral "scanner" lol.

Mako was awesome, if you didn`t believe the hype and spent a few minutes learning how to handle it. Granted, I played on 360 so maybe PC handling with KBM was a nightmare.

Combat...best described by a friend as a "whack a mole". Generic, interchangable skills/powers that didn`t matter anyway. Yep, I played on second below hardest level and died only a few times (mostly due to camera f-ups). In fact, about one-third deep I stopped collecting and upgrading things altogether, to see what happens. Still breezed through all the encounters.

This game was dedicated to Miranda`s ass and basically new paradigm of "storytelling" over real gameplay, sprinkled with extreme hand-holding...sorry, "accessibility". Not for me. And judging by their recent output, not much hope for the new one either...

Re: etc.
Apr 3, 2016, 06:43
Re: etc. Apr 3, 2016, 06:43
Apr 3, 2016, 06:43

Shit. Was hoping this is AFD prank....but nope.

Of course they say nothing will change. Which means that most likely everything will.

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay Footage?
Apr 3, 2016, 06:40
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay Footage? Apr 3, 2016, 06:40
Apr 3, 2016, 06:40

Absolutely loved the first ME, second was probably the worst sequel in the history of sequels and made me swear I`ll boycott Bioware products from now on.

I don`t believe they`re capable of releasing a true videogame anymore because of how corrupted their design thinking is, but...

...I love space games and would perhaps grudgingly backtrack...when I heard that Mako is back I thought, hell, maybe there`s hope. Miracles happen, right?

Re: Final Blitzkrieg Demo
Apr 3, 2016, 06:35
Re: Final Blitzkrieg Demo Apr 3, 2016, 06:35
Apr 3, 2016, 06:35

Battlefront`s games are considered the top shelf when it comes to hardcore strategy sims. ToW was a mixed bag (still not bad thou) but the Combat Mission series is an absolute blast. I`m actually playing the first, ancient one atm and even this is super addictive, despite lousy gfx.

That`s hardcore with a capital H - meaning cryptic interfaces, big manuals and harsh realism. Company of Heroes this ain`t, however it is as - if not more - entertaining and much more fulfilling.

As for toolbars, yes, they suck. But it`s what plenty other big boys are doing even in 2016- think I recall Java/AVG trying to sneak Chrome in during recent installs.

Re: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture for PC Confirmed
Apr 2, 2016, 07:33
Re: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture for PC Confirmed Apr 2, 2016, 07:33
Apr 2, 2016, 07:33

DangerDog wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 20:53:
I like how they solved the problem of not being able to code AI characters.

That, and gameplay balancing.

Snark aside, I wouldn`t really have a problem with walking sims - each to its own - only if people wouldn`t stubbornly insist they`re games.

Also annoying is the automatic assumption that anything like that is a work of art - by default.
446 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 19.
Newer [  1    8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ] Older