Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Docdrej

Real Name Docdrej   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Drej
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 24, 2016, 14:35
Total Comments 9 (Suspect)
User ID 58311

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 6, 2018, 14:02 Drej

Burnout 3 has always been my favorite. Paradise had waaaay to much traffic you were smashing through. Always bugged me.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cyan's Firmament Revealed
2. Re: Cyan's Firmament Revealed Mar 3, 2018, 16:12 Drej

I played it. It was interesting but the puzzles became tedious, especially at the end. The story was interesting but wasn't a fan of the ending. I'd give it a 6/10.

This new game sounds a lot like obduction.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Smartphone Jan 9, 2018, 12:10 Drej

Ironically, I'm using my phone to learn more about why my phone is making me stupid. What if I read the same article in a newspaper. Am I smarter at that point? The smartphone is just another way to ingest media, just like tv, newspaper, books, and movies all rolled into one device.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jan 5, 2018, 00:41 Drej

I'm scientifically inclined, and I could not understand 1% of that article. And now my OCD has kicked in and it will bother me that I can't understand this.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Dec 18, 2017, 15:21 Drej

Can somebody explain to me how the Sims 4 keeps topping sales charts in the UK? How many people are left in the country to still buy the game? Or is it DLC? I'm just really confuse.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Year 3 DLC
5. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Year 3 DLC Dec 13, 2017, 15:42 Drej

If this was Star Wars Battlefront, people would be up in arms about Year 3 Season Passes. You have to buy a season pass every year for this game that you've already bought once, and paid for DLC the previous 2 years. Crazy what people decide to complain about. I just got my Battlefront DLC for free today thank you very much. Loot crates, which I've never spent a penny on, are annoying but not game breaking.  

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront II Details
11. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront II Details Apr 16, 2017, 20:03 Drej

thecakeisalie wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 19:31:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 14:47:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 14:16:
If they actually release a full game this time I'll be all over it. If they churn out another less then half a game again, well, FU EA... why oh why did such a shitty company get such a great IP.

Because 95% of people, including many around here, will preorder games based on flashy, fancy trailers alone. That's why. Everyone who keeps preordering this trite AAA garbage from EA (or Ubi or Actiblizz or Squeenix etc.) like SWBF or MEA only have themselves to blame for the results. Action, reaction. Gamers demand dumbed down shitty games, gamers get dumbed down shitty games. Simple as that.

This is why I no longer pre-order games for any reason. I don't care what pre-order incentives they offer. If the game is shit, the pre-order incentives don't mean anything anyways.

Funny how people, on the flip side, will also completely bash a game based on a cinematic trailer.

"We want single player!"
You got it.
"We still hate you! We want better space battles!"
You got it.
"Pieces of crap! We want more playable heroes!"
No problem.

Seriously. Ya a lot of these things should have been addressed the first time around, but it seems like they are trying. I think people remember the original battlegrounds with some serious rose colored glasses.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 7, 2016, 10:25 Drej

I wish T-Mobile would focus on increasing the area of their coverage. In city centers it is fantastic. But you go even a couple of miles outside of a city center and it's complete garbage. Need wider coverage!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2016, 10:43 Drej

First, disclaimer, I'm an eye doctor. If you can make things better by leaning in or moving your monitors forward, it is most likely the prescription causing the issue. Yellow tinted glasses are outdated. The new blue blocking anti-reflective coatings do the same thing without color changes. In theory it is supposed to block a certain spectrum of blue light that will decrease fatigue and strain. There is some support that the same blue light will mess with your circadian rhythm and may cause lipofusion (which is the precursor to macular degeneration). Many studies have supported that but I don't know if it widely accepted in the field yet. I haven't had a lot of reports from my patients if they feel like the blue blocking coating really decreases strain or not. So, I don't have a lot of anecdotal evidence but the research supports it.

Computer glasses work fantastic. I don't know your age, your prescription or what kind of glasses you wear now, but a single vision pair of glasses set for the computer distance will greatly help relieve strain and fatigue. And if you don't have to lean in, back, or lift your head into a bifocal, it should help neck pain. I hand out a ton of computer glasses. When you go to your eye doctor, bring the measurement from your eye to your computer screen in inches. That will help him/her get the correct focal distance and power in the glasses. Hope that helps.

9 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo