Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Red886

Real Name Red886   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Red886
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 14, 2016, 05:20
Total Comments 329 (Amateur)
User ID 58299

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft and Joseph Gordon-Levitt Draw Fire for Game Music Solicitation
5. Re: Ubisoft and Joseph Gordon-Levitt Draw Fire for Game Music Solicitation Jul 16, 2019, 01:34 Red886

it's GoOd ExPoUsUre

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Jul 16, 2019, 01:33 Red886

Watchdogs Legion = MMO style mission design where everything needs to be generic enough.

what's is the draw?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 16, 2019, 01:29 Red886

Twitter depends on Trump for survival.

i really hope he leaves Twitter for something else

News Comments > Factorio Seeks G2A Chargeback Refund
19. Re: Factorio Seeks G2A Chargeback Refund Jul 15, 2019, 00:41 Red886

Jerykk wrote on Jul 14, 2019, 21:38:
roguebanshee wrote on Jul 14, 2019, 18:27:
Resale for commercial purposes does require Sales Tax/VAT being applied to the new sales, thinking that any tax collection agency would see purchasing 40+ anything to resell at a later date as a non-commercial use is quite frankly naive.

Selling any amount of anything is a commercial use. That doesn't make it taxable. Go on eBay and you'll see plenty of people selling large quantities of items without charging tax. G2A is essentially the eBay for PC games.

dude, you do know that these resellers don't even 'exist'.

if these resellers actually do 'exist' , then they need to get a proper business license (of whichever form that is relevant).

News Comments > Epic Games Store Roadmap
33. Re: Epic Games Store Roadmap Jul 15, 2019, 00:34 Red886

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 14, 2019, 21:38:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 14, 2019, 20:16:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 14, 2019, 18:40:
New store does not have same features as 20 year old any store.

Fixed.

Yeah... This isn't ground-breaking stuff, the roadmap only proves they neglected some simple due-diligence in their rush to launch this thing.

Coming out 15+ years after your biggest competitor is not an excuse for why your service sucks, it is in fact a huge advantage for you because you don't have to spend all that time figuring out what works through trial and error like they did. There is no need to try and re-invent the wheel here, you should copy what you think others are doing right and leave out or change what you think they're doing wrong.

Epic focused only on a few specific points to the latter, which is why they've been criticized and why they're having to ask for patience and understanding while they implement basic features they forgot to include from the start.

it's not a mistake if it is deliberate.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2019, 05:07 Red886

levitating turntable still have a attached read head.

that is lame...........

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 11, 2019, 04:55 Red886

jdreyer wrote on Jul 11, 2019, 02:40:

Hate speech on 4chan is up by 40% since 2015, analysis of one million comments finds.

Gee, what started in 2015 to cause that? It's a mystery.

answer: VICE

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Video
10. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Jul 4, 2019, 08:51 Red886

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 22:02:
It can't be just me right? This looks absolutely abysmally bad visually. I get the comic artsy artstyle, I like that they stick to it. What I don't like is freezing at 0:15 and looking at that. I played games 9 years ago that looked better.. and they were RTS games. Ground has zero detail, zero displacement, zero occlusion.

This... this looks like Borderlands 2 only with worse particle effects.. how is that even possible.

And oh boy, freeze at 0:08 to see some of the worst graphics since 2005 (HL2). Water is using environment mapping, no actual reflections. The light isn't GI. There is no ambient self occlusion on models. While the main NPC do cast self shadows, look at the other things around him. And the moon texture is.. blurry?

I mean sure, this is all just visual blah and gameplay might be fun.. but this legit looks like a game from 9 years ago. And in some areas it actually looks worse than HL2 (and that's even older)

And since I am waiting for a slow-ass download, I might as well type even more. I recently replayed Star Craft 2 campaign, and I am actually shocked that a RTS game that's from 2010 looks better than many modern games do now. Some of the effects in SC2 look damn near amazing, distortion effects on beams, portal effects, rim-shading on effect volumes. That is some stuff that you could easily do with UE4 with zero performance cost. So I don't get why this is all missing here.

This might be youtube encoding killing details or maybe I am just getting picky. But how can a UE4 game look this meh?

Anyhow.. the more I see of it the less I like it ;/

how bad can ue4 go? i present to you Bard's Tale 4's first city.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Video
9. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Jul 4, 2019, 08:49 Red886

prob still 80% grind with locations reused.

5% scripted content at the start, and 5% scripted content at the end. And another 10% at every 4 hours of play.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 3, 2019, 09:39 Red886

so that would include BBC themselves right?

so far they have shown zero neutrality on Brexit

News Comments > Morning Previews
3. Re: Morning Previews Jul 3, 2019, 09:36 Red886

"IGN"
gross

News Comments > Ys Net Promises Shenmue 3 Steam Keys in a Year and Refunds
33. Re: Ys Net Promises Shenmue 3 Steam Keys in a Year and Refunds Jul 3, 2019, 09:34 Red886

should be on xbox game pass in 3 months

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 3, 2019, 09:31 Red886

"BBC"
gross

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jul 3, 2019, 09:29 Red886

panbient wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 09:10:
The term always made my eye twitch. It's kind of like people who say "lol" out loud in regular conversation. Then again Metroid was the first NES game I got back in the day as well. The modern iterations haven't really strayed from that 33 year old original either. When I played Symphony of the Night all I could think was how much it seemed to rip off Super Metroid.

Then again I'm also baffled by the unbelievable pretentiousness of modern gamer culture complaining about the need for game designers to "respect their time".

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

there is BAD metroidvania that indeed disrespects gamers time ( badly thought out save points, no teleports, shitty map with no markers that indicate certain power ups are needed )

then there is GOOD metroidvania that respects them ( example Bloodstained. Lots and lots of save points, can teleport back to base with an item, and also teleport points outside boss rooms)

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jul 3, 2019, 09:27 Red886

"Kotaku"

gross

News Comments > Evening Interviews
13. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 3, 2019, 09:25 Red886

this is not an interview.

it is a fluff piece.

News Comments > Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning
1. Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jun 30, 2019, 13:07 Red886

what's with the fuss about it?

Halo is 3rd rate , at best BBB - grade fps for the PC

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2019, 07:53 Red886

allowing a company to check and report on their own problems?

OF COURSE they will report as everything as fine and dandy

lol

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 27, 2019, 01:05 Red886

BITCOIN

now under Trump, i wouldn't be surprised to see investigations start for money laundering. wire fraud, conspiracy and tax evasion.

plus a whole lot of de-anonymizing regulations come into force for all cryptocoins. FB's coin proposal pushes the impetus to have these soon.

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact
119. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 27, 2019, 00:55 Red886

there was once a time where you can buy games directly from the game publishers website, and download directly from their own server, for a AMAZING share of 100%.

But Sweeney would get 0% of these sales, no that is a big no-no

or you know, Sweeney could just provide the back end for selling games, and leave the sales, promo and processing of payment to the game's actual publishers. The split would then be 99.5-0.5%.

AMAZING for game developers. AMAZING !

329 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo