Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Red886

Real Name Red886   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Red886
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 14, 2016, 05:20
Total Comments 189 (Novice)
User ID 58299

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 18, 2018, 13:15 Red886

memes are so dangerous cause they cut too close to the truth

ban memes now! /s

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 16, 2018, 02:29 Red886

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 15, 2018, 16:28:
If I can't get quality news from fakebook, twitter and youtube . ... .. .

the lack of any comment section to rebut on the law blog means it's quite useless. You get more insight on Yahoo News comments than this, and that means alot.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2018, 02:25 Red886

so any big shot J&J exec heading to the slammer? odds are so small , that a $1 bet would win the Jackpot.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 16, 2018, 02:20 Red886

funny and sad that any revelation of Soros is considered a conspiracy, and anti-Semitic. Even the bare facts that he has funded alot of organizations is considered 'fake news'. So what is 'real news?'

News Comments > Paradox Teases "Secret Project"
9. Re: Paradox Teases Dec 15, 2018, 02:53 Red886

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 13:20:
Cutter wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 12:54:
DLC Simulator 2019?
Stellaris has made massive mechanics changes 2x now, neither of which required the purchase of any DLC. You can shit on the DLC policy all you want, but Paradox base games have a longer life and get more substantial updates than any other games I know of. The changes for Megacorp were roughly 75% base game, 25% DLC.

that's bad cause that means waiting for a decade for a sequel.

News Comments > Discord Store Undercuts Epic With 10% Split
30. Re: Discord Store Undercuts Epic With 10% Split Dec 15, 2018, 02:47 Red886

Avus wrote on Dec 15, 2018, 02:10:
Suppa7 wrote on Dec 15, 2018, 01:36:
Man the dicklicking of steam is disturbing, Valve pioneered the theft and transfer of ownership of games. We no longer get dedicated servers or level editors in most AAA games and valve newell was the cause. He got progressively worse over time as they moved away from making games as steam grew and now he's making microtransaction infested artifact - a fully drm'd game, who's sole purpose is taxing stupid fucks with too much money.

You blame Steam for no dedicated server, level editors? Wow you are really delusional...

Valve is part of the problem. Pc gamers made what valve the behemoth it is today and we get another mega-corp.

29. Re: Discord Store Undercuts Epic With 10% Split Dec 15, 2018, 02:45 Red886

El Pit wrote on Dec 15, 2018, 02:41:
I still don't get people here saying "Ooooh, this is great for us - better sales, lower prices." This is NOT what this is about or what will happen. It is about a bigger share for the developers which is good or the huge companies behind them (bigger share for the shareholders). It is not about lower prices for us, the gamers.

lower prices as in variety and competition in sales periods. Not release prices.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2018, 00:11 Red886

Avus wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 21:33:
Primalchrome wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 19:12:
DrSquick wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 19:01:
What does Steam do to justify a 30% cut? Great customer support?
Oh...I don't know....but I guess I can *try* to think of a single thing....
* First product to bring market, libraries, patching, and multiplayer under one banner for any dev.
* Free marketing for products on steam
* Developed Steam workshop for easy management of mods
* Integrated communities
* Exposure for Indie games
* Linux support
* Big Picture mode
* Controller support
* SteamLink
* SteamVR
* Steam Controller
* SteamBox (the political/market implications)

I mean...really...I know it's cool and edgy to hate Gabe/Valve/Steam, but don't pretend like Steam hasn't done amazing things for gaming and provided a wide swath of services for the devs that use it.

10000% agree and need to post this again... Without Steam/Valve (and WoW), PC gaming pretty much dead (very dead) when MS gave up PC gaming in 2001 and opened Xbox department. Just remember what kind of PC gaming sh!t we need deal with E fxxking A, Ubisuck, Activision... Do you really think EA will develop Origin, Ubisuck will develop Uplay, GoG will develop GoG Galaxy if Stream is not ULTRA successful?

Go Wikipedia and read how Steam was born. (thanks for the stupid MS, Yahoo and Realplayer) I LOVE Steam and they deserve all their success and become the de facto online game store for PC (and Linux).

The only 2 companies which really made history and pioneer online software stores are Valve - Steam (a game developer!) and Apple - iTune (a hardware company!). MS (the world biggest software company) was just WTF?? I still remembered when MS Office 2013 released in 2012, people were still drove to a Best Buy, bought a copy of MS Office 2013 which is a plastic box contain a card inside that has a product key and download link on it. So you can drove back home/office with the plastic box/key card, turn on your computer, hand type the product key, download the Office and install. This is so fxxking stupid...

-- nearly two decades ago. Where's HL3?

24. Re: Discord Store Undercuts Epic With 10% Split Dec 15, 2018, 00:09 Red886

next up = fixed fee !
wooottt.....

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 14, 2018, 00:22 Red886

we need a proper alternative to Youtube.

about time we start moving to a new platform, as we can feel Youtube getting more restrictive soon

oh, and download those vids that you like before it is removed for whatever reason

maybe compilation vids will be removed too for whatever new copyright law.

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil 2 Videos
18. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Videos Dec 12, 2018, 10:49 Red886

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 11, 2018, 14:28:
rjdriver wrote on Dec 11, 2018, 06:34:
I prefer a single player story based RPG/Adventure/Action/Shooter combination, and it's troubling to see two of the major AAA game companies that used to strongly support that genre, Ubisoft and Bethesda, appear to be moving more towards MMOs.

You are slippery sloping this, coop!=MMO. UBI has a number of coop games now that have the same story as the single player if you choose to play either way. That is how I assume BG&E 2 will work as well, the only thing that should change with more players is AI difficulty. Many people have now figured out for a good spell you can have a same story and coop.

ccop means no strong SP set scenes ala Bioshock / HL2 / Rise of the Tomb Raider / Mass Effect 1-2-3 etc ( as an example) , so adding in coop is a huge loss

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil 2 Videos
17. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Videos Dec 12, 2018, 10:47 Red886

no thanks. I want Jade back as te front and center

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 10, 2018, 01:30 Red886

WSJ complains but offer no alternative action.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Dec 7, 2018, 01:43 Red886

one whole article and no mention of addiction clinics for gaming in China , South Korea ? ( which was around YEARS before this issue/idea cropped up among Western society)  

News Comments > Chef: A Restaurant Tycoon Game Early Access
1. Re: Chef: A Restaurant Tycoon Game Early Access Dec 7, 2018, 01:41 Red886

why does this look like a rip off of Restaurant Empire? (menu, ingredients, restaurant construction etc)  

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn in February
5. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 01:26 Red886

the main villains are ugly, and of course , lame stream game journalists are supporting it as black feminist androgynist empowerment. Probably how the SJW liberals designers want it to be too. (continuation of Ubi bs) Geez, Keesha Sharp is smolderingly hot (lethal weapon tv series) . Why not use her as a model... ( Ubi is prob thinking that prejudiced against ugly woman, but they are fine with prejudice against ugly men)

and gameplay itself looks like a reskin DLC of FC5 attempting to copy RAGE 2 but without the fun factor, ala Primal.

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Announced
2. Re: The Outer Worlds Announced Dec 7, 2018, 01:20 Red886

looks like a bad take on No Man Sky. Everything looks so dated.  

News Comments > Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3?
19. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 2, 2018, 00:58 Red886

i have no idea why Borderlands 2 got such high praise.

There's so much backtracking, grind and mtx. Bullet sponges but limited ammo, so you can run out of ammo during fights = wtf.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 13, 2018, 11:24 Red886

those who compares are those that despair.  

News Comments > Is Technomasculinity a Thing?
3. Re: Is Technomasculinity a Thing? Nov 13, 2018, 11:20 Red886

no, it's not a thing.

but it is a sure thing that "scientists needing a grant" love to use the gender bait ( as long as it paints men in a bad way )

189 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo