Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Underthing

Real Name Underthing   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname afka Rossini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 27, 2016, 17:49
Total Comments 80 (Suspect)
User ID 58288

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2016, 17:59 afka Rossini

Retired wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 14:20:
Blue wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 13:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 13:42:
Glad to hear MrsBlue is ok.
Remember not to take the first insurance offer, I've heard that they are low-balling bastidges on the first go-around.

Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't know such things were open to negotiation. This is a first accident for either of us, so I'm unfamiliar with the process.

Yup, argue with them to the point of exhaustion. Go online and find cars that are similar or same as though you were going to buy them, and have that data ready. Find the high ball offers and present those to the insurance company. When they start bucking, say you need access to your vehicle to get somethings from it, and they will cut you a check - cause the car is LOOOONG GONE!

Also Blue, if all the bags went off and it has structural damage, Mrs might "feel" it tomorrow as the adreno wears off. Make sure to get her checked out if she feels crummy. Can have injuries unknown until bigger problems start.

I'm glad too Mrs. Blue seems to be OK. Although, it couldn't hurt for her to get a checkup. As others have suggested, the adrenaline and possible shock can mask injuries. I didn't know I'd broken a bone in my hand until several days after an accident.

Also, if you feel the slightest bit like the insurance companies are dicking you around, get a lawyer. Even one of those T.V. lawyers. Insurance companies have all kinds of 'reasons', scripts and other tricks designed to get out of paying you fairly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2016, 14:28 afka Rossini

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 11:12:
And WTF is with people and hairless cats?
Allergies. Plus they're a fashionable accessory for your dormant volcano lair.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2016, 15:37 afka Rossini

BobBob wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 14:30:
Based on recent news, events, and debates .. who is winning Hillary or Trump?
I can't tell who's winning. But the loser is us.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 4, 2016, 13:59 afka Rossini

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 13:05:
You can hear the difference.
Only if you use gold-plated Monster cables with gold-plated Beats headphones.

News Comments > ARK Expansion
12. Re: ARK Expansion Sep 2, 2016, 03:56 afka Rossini

clint wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 21:50:
AWESOME!!! Love this game.

I'm having a lot of fun in it too. The fear of death and losing my stuff to corpse rot takes me back to early Everquest.

News Comments > Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Remastered Announced
8. Re: Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Remastered Announced Aug 26, 2016, 19:03 afka Rossini

Flatline wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 14:35:
afka Rossini wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 22:32:
This is a fun tool for learning guitar (and bass) parts. I wish they would have added the 'career' mode that was available in the original, original Rocksmith (i.e. not the original Rocksmith 2014). Adding some Van Halen or Led Zeppelin DLC tracks would open my wallet and crank my PC speakers up to 110%.

There is a massively thriving customDLC scene for Rocksmith.

http://customsforge.com/

You'll find Van Halen & Led Zeppelin in there. THey take down tracks that have official versions but otherwise there are thousands of tracks. You need to own Cherub Rock DLC though for it to work.

Thanks. I'll for sure check it out.

News Comments > Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Remastered Announced
1. Re: Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Remastered Announced Aug 25, 2016, 22:32 afka Rossini

This is a fun tool for learning guitar (and bass) parts. I wish they would have added the 'career' mode that was available in the original, original Rocksmith (i.e. not the original Rocksmith 2014). Adding some Van Halen or Led Zeppelin DLC tracks would open my wallet and crank my PC speakers up to 110%.

News Comments > Tempest this Month
2. Re: Tempest this Month Aug 4, 2016, 23:20 afka Rossini

RoboNerd wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 20:09:
Well crap, I was all set to see my favorite arcade game come back...
lol. I was thinking the exact same thing.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2016, 10:24 afka Rossini

Task wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 09:31:
Ah, so now that it's over I can look forward to the Blu-ray release since I haven't seen any of the new season yet.
After hearing all the good things about this season, I decided to get the HBO Now subscription. It's only $14.99 for a month. Once I re-watch the season, I'm going to cancel or (if they allow it) suspend it until next year.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 20, 2016, 15:08 afka Rossini

Cutter wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 09:52:
I'd love self-driving cars for absolutely no other reason than it giving the middle-finger to auto-insurance.
Cutter, I never figured you to be that optimistic. The insurance companies will get theirs as long as there are politicians to buy.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2016, 14:25 afka Rossini

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 13:28:
Gif and Gex are and forever will be with a G.

It's Gex the Gecko not Jex the Gecko, Garren. Get your shit together.

By George the giraffes giant gems, you may be on to something!

Personally, I've been partial to the peanut butter pronunciation. That's the same way as Steve Wilhite, the inventer of GIF, says here(about 30 seconds into the video).

I'm not sure what the guy in Blue's link was on about but I got bored after about 90 seconds.

News Comments > PlanetSide 1 and Legends of Norrath Closing
10. Re: PlanetSide 1 and Legends of Norrath Closing Jun 18, 2016, 02:11 afka Rossini

MUGWUMP wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 00:48:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 00:42:
There is no 'best experience' with everquest anymore when after 10+ years people are still camping out rooms in lower Guk.

LOL must get those boots!

EDIT: Oh wait...that was Najena. Damn. So much camping.

That was the one lame part. If you needed someting from a specific spot be prepared to wait DAYS to get on the list to get into the group that was camping a specific spot only to sit there to kill a group of 4 mobs then sit on your ass for 30 minutes till they spawned again...only to NOT drop the shit someone needs :p

It's been since 2004 but I remember being in Lower Guk camping the Flowing Black Silk Sash, a highly prized haste belt, from the Froggies. I had one of those wind up kitchen timers and would reset it for 29 minutes waiting for respawn after respawn, night after night.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2016, 20:28 afka Rossini

Taco Tuesday sounds good to me but I may have to settle for burgers. They seem to be building a wall around the local Mexican place.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2016, 15:56 afka Rossini

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 13:29:
Yeah but it would be easier to blame Porsche then to blame your husband for the death.

Not to mention more lucrative.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Mar 25, 2016, 09:52 afka Rossini

nin wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 21:15:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 21:03:
66?!? After his Marvel cameo's I thought he was much older.

I thought he looked puffy/bloated in those, like a side effect of medication or something. But a twitter picture he posted a couple of days ago he didn't look so bad.

Around 4:50 into this episode of Seinfelds Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, Shandling explains the puffiness.

One of the funniest things I think I've ever seen was an episode of his Larry Sanders show when he and Carol Burnett are talking during the commercial break.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2016, 18:11 afka Rossini

Without a billion dollar prize for picking all the winners, filling out a bracket just doesn't have the same excitement.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue - Dark Tower Mar 1, 2016, 16:46 afka Rossini

“Uh … if there’s a steady paycheck in it, I’ll believe anything you say.”  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 2, 2016, 11:38 afka Rossini

XCOM2 Deluxe Deluxe code DEALZO-NSAVES-23XCOM seems to still be good for 23% off at GMG. It brings the price down to $57.75 US. However the code doesn't work for the regular edition. Does anyone have a regular edition discount that's still active?  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2016, 11:13 afka Rossini

nin wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 09:50:
"Ned... Ryerson. "Needlenose Ned"? "Ned the Head"? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High. Ned Ryerson: I did the whistling belly-button trick at the high school talent show? Bing! Ned Ryerson: got the shingles real bad senior year, almost didn't graduate? Bing, again. Ned Ryerson: I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple times until you told me not to anymore? Well?"

Have you double posted that dialog from yesterday?

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jan 27, 2016, 12:55 afka Rossini

I broke down and pre-ordered this today at GMG. Using the code
27RISE-OFTOMB-RAIDER saved me 27%.

80 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo