Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Underthing

Real Name Underthing   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname afka Rossini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 27, 2016, 17:49
Total Comments 78 (Suspect)
User ID 58288

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jul 2, 2017, 16:40 afka Rossini

jdreyer wrote on Jul 2, 2017, 13:28:
They'll sell like hotcakes at that price!

Fire sale pricing?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2017, 12:05 afka Rossini

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 11:35:
Human Plague? Are we not calling it the bubonic plague anymore?

Apparently the Bubon's complained and it's no longer PC to use the term bubonic.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2017, 22:50 afka Rossini

SlimRam wrote on Jun 17, 2017, 19:56:
Another to add to the list:

Stephen Furst died from complications of diabetes. He was 63.

Sorry to say that Vir is dead, probably one of my favorite characters from 'Babylon 5'. Stephen was in 'Animal House' too

No, not Flounder!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2017, 14:41 afka Rossini

Hey Blue, when you actually got to see those 90 year old pipes, how did they look? and what were they made of?  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 8, 2017, 10:38 afka Rossini

I'm guessin' Tidal is problem #99.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2017, 16:17 afka Rossini

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 15:47:
RIP
Don Rickles
Born: May 8, 1926
What Don thought of the other don.
He was very funny and very quick. I enjoyed how he go after people in the audience without being hurtful. R.I.P. you old hockey puck.

News Comments > April Foolin' 2017
10. Re: April Foolin' 2017 Apr 1, 2017, 17:57 afka Rossini

I really wish the Electoral College was on this list.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2017, 10:31 afka Rossini

I'm a Bruin fan so I'm enjoying the basketball tournament a bit more this year. LaVar Ball's antics in particular are spicing things up. Although a couple of years ago, when Quicken Loans put up a billion (with a B) dollars for a perfect bracket, March Madness was particularly exciting. At least until about half way through the first day when I busted out.

If you've not read "The Way of Kings" yet. It's pulpy but pretty good. Especially at that price.

(edit: spelling)

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2017, 13:26 afka Rossini

Creston wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 10:49:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 10:45:
The gorilla reunion was something.

Yeah that was really cool.

I'm usually a sucker for people and animal reunions. But the narrator was so upper-crust, I expected a Monty Python skit to break out.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 6, 2017, 23:01 afka Rossini

The Star Wars/Calvin and Hobbes mashups really tickled me. The artist does a great job of capturing the look and the fun of the Watterson cartoon. Now I've gotta dig up my old C&H collections.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2017, 11:54 afka Rossini

BobBob wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 11:05:
Anyone else in SoCal? All this forecast in the news of a major rain storm and so far it's barely drizzling. I was looking forward to heavy rainfall.
Wait for it...

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Patch Adds Tek Content
7. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Patch Adds Tek Content Jan 31, 2017, 12:41 afka Rossini

DrSquick wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 12:01:
I tried playing this game a year or so ago, and it was so poorly optimized that I struggled to get 30 FPS with everything cranked super low, even with a half decent system that can run other new games with everything maxed.

Does anyone know if that has been resolved? I did enjoy the few hours I could play. The leveling system is definitely interesting.

According to the Steam FPS thingie, I'm getting between 40 and 60 fps at 1920x1080 (depending on how much is happening). I'm using a I7 laptop with a GTX 960 graphics card. My settings are medium to low for most everything but it still looks pretty good.

Edited to add: I'm playing on a LAN with a dedicated server. So for single player mode, your mileage may vary.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
11. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 29, 2017, 06:01 afka Rossini

Cutter wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 01:14:
afka Rossini wrote on Jan 28, 2017, 19:00:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 28, 2017, 18:26:
Ah, yes. The greatest quarterback of all times. 49ers 4ever!!!
At least until next Sunday. As much as I hate to admit it, if Brady wins next week, he'll supplant Montana as number one.

Aaron Rodgers is currently the best QB there's ever been. Brady is up there I'll grant you but that's more about a rock solid team, coaching, and cheating. Yes, the cheating matters too. Had Rodgers ended up in Beantown they'd have never lost a Superbowl yet. Rodgers is it and it's not up for debate. There's a universal consensus on that by any honest football fan.

In the '80's and early '90's , you could make the same argument about Dan Marino. His physical tools were unbelievable. His stats were completely off the charts. If Marino was on the 49'ers would he have had won more Superbowls than Joe? Maybe, maybe not. But who do we consider the greatest QB from that era?

For a number of years Tiger Woods played the best golf this planet has ever seen. Until he hits or exceeds 18 Major championships, Jack Nicklaus will continue to be the greatest ever.

10. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 29, 2017, 05:47 afka Rossini

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 28, 2017, 20:46:
afka Rossini wrote on Jan 28, 2017, 19:00:
At least until next Sunday. As much as I hate to admit it, if Brady wins next week, he'll supplant Montana as number one.

Not possible, dude. There is more to it than statistics and yards thrown and all that shit. There is also personality, presence on the field and charisma. Montana was a one of a kind leader and extremely versatile with nary a weakness. The guy is rightfully a fookin' legend.

Brady is an awesome QB but he ain't Montana. He's also not as versatile and thanks to how football has developed probably way less natural than Montana, i.e. I'm talking about doping. I'm not saying that Montana never did drugs but Brady has access to much better shit these days so Montana's achievements rate higher from a historical perspective.

The same goes for physical therapy and nutrition plans etc.
Everything is just so much more professional these days. Modern QBs have it a lot easier than Montana's generation and still most ain't able to hold a candle to JM's achievements or even if they can and get close, well, there's the insurmountable personality barrier. The modern clowns don't even begin to compare to DA LEGEND!

I grew up a 49er's fan. After years of seeing our QB's like Brodie and DeBerg getting worked by the Rams and Cowboys, one of the happiest moments I ever had as a fan was Montana hitting Clark to beat the Cowboy's. There's been no doubt in my mind that to this point, Joe Montana is the G.O.A.T.

To me, when the quarterback is the leader of the team, the amount of championship rings is the weightiest stat. And there's no doubt in the case of Montana and Brady, they were/are their teams leaders. One can argue era's, systems, teammates (other than Randy Moss for about five seconds, did Brady ever have a receiver like Jerry Rice?), etc. But the players can only play the hand they're dealt. So the arguments that Brady has access to better training, nutrition, softer rules, etc. doesn't work because all of today's quarterbacks are playing in the same conditions. Yet Brady has more success.

So next Sunday I'll be rooting for the Falcons, However, if the Patriots win, I gotta recognise...

6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 28, 2017, 19:00 afka Rossini

News Comments > Prey in May
14. Re: Prey in May Jan 26, 2017, 09:05 afka Rossini

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 23:17:
This actually looks really good, I'm down for at least a sale price buy.

Am I the only one that didn't like the original Prey game that much? It irks me slightly that they are using the same title, but Human Head studios is still around, doing other things, and they never owned the IP anyway. Plus it's been like 11 years.

I don't think I liked it much either. I vaguely remember installing the discs. After that, nothing.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 20, 2017, 14:23 afka Rossini

Creston wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 13:42:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 10:29:
His handlers will let him keep his phone and instead just restrict his twitter account.

We can hope.

In any case, Hillary already showed that you can just do whatever-the-hell you want with regards to digital security and never get more than a stern frown, so eh. Trump could post the nuclear codes on pastebin and the FBI would just go "tut tut."

It could be argued the hubris shown by Hillary, et al., over the 'home brew' server wound up costing her place in history as the first woman president. That 'I'm above the law' arrogance was the reason I didn't vote for her. (Note: I couldn't vote for Trump either Confused ).

News Comments > Don Bradman Cricket 17 Released
2. Re: Don Bradman Cricket 17 Released Jan 17, 2017, 11:51 afka Rossini

If Don Bradman's name is on it, you know it's gotta be good!  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2016, 17:59 afka Rossini

Retired wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 14:20:
Blue wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 13:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 13:42:
Glad to hear MrsBlue is ok.
Remember not to take the first insurance offer, I've heard that they are low-balling bastidges on the first go-around.

Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't know such things were open to negotiation. This is a first accident for either of us, so I'm unfamiliar with the process.

Yup, argue with them to the point of exhaustion. Go online and find cars that are similar or same as though you were going to buy them, and have that data ready. Find the high ball offers and present those to the insurance company. When they start bucking, say you need access to your vehicle to get somethings from it, and they will cut you a check - cause the car is LOOOONG GONE!

Also Blue, if all the bags went off and it has structural damage, Mrs might "feel" it tomorrow as the adreno wears off. Make sure to get her checked out if she feels crummy. Can have injuries unknown until bigger problems start.

I'm glad too Mrs. Blue seems to be OK. Although, it couldn't hurt for her to get a checkup. As others have suggested, the adrenaline and possible shock can mask injuries. I didn't know I'd broken a bone in my hand until several days after an accident.

Also, if you feel the slightest bit like the insurance companies are dicking you around, get a lawyer. Even one of those T.V. lawyers. Insurance companies have all kinds of 'reasons', scripts and other tricks designed to get out of paying you fairly.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2016, 14:28 afka Rossini

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 11:12:
And WTF is with people and hairless cats?
Allergies. Plus they're a fashionable accessory for your dormant volcano lair.

78 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo