Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Underthing

Real Name Underthing   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname afka Rossini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 27, 2016, 17:49
Total Comments 78 (Suspect)
User ID 58288

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Razer Mice Aug 10, 2017, 16:46 afka Rossini

I've been using a Razer DeathAdder mouse for so long now I've forgotten when I bought it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was back around 2010 if not earlier. It still works great.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2017, 16:18 afka Rossini

Cutter wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 14:30:
Bodolza wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 14:23:
Blue wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 13:16:
I also like their recent use of portals for travel.

Seems to me that they've just stopped showing us months of travel time between scenes. At the end of last episode they had just raided Highgarden. By the time the attack happens at the end of this episode they've traveled all the way back to King's Landing and unloaded all the gold.

Highgarden is farther away from King's Landing than Dragonstone, giving an army on horseback plenty of time to catch up with the slow moving loot train.

Fucking spoilers, man! Use secret text. Some of us aren't watching this yet.

Doh! Get on the bus, Gus. There are only three episodes left this season so subscribe already.

Also there weren't any real spoilers in Bodolza's comment. But here's a spoiler for you. [ Snape kills Dumbledore. ]

5. Re: Eclipse viewing Aug 5, 2017, 11:44 afka Rossini

Here is an under a buck alternative to eclipse glasses. I remember this working quite well when I was a kid.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Shkreli convicted... Aug 4, 2017, 20:53 afka Rossini

Like Al Capone and O.J. at least Shkreli going to prison for something if not his most egregious act. Now, what can be done about Ajit Pai?  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2017, 10:12 afka Rossini

I never ever thought anything about Led Zeppelin could be boring, but my God, that narrator. Unless you're ready to go back to bed, don't watch that link until after your third cup of coffee.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 1, 2017, 11:15 afka Rossini

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 08:00:
afka Rossini wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 23:47:
I'm really tempted to go look up the Game of Thrones leak. I'm enjoying this season and can't wait to find out what happens next. Part of me wishes HBO would just release the entire season at once. On the other hand, there is the fun of speculating around the watercooler.
I don't think it compares to the 4 episodes of season 5 that were leaked before airing or the OITNB leak earlier this year.

It may not compare so far. They apparently got over a terabyte of data. Who knows what else might show up?

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 1, 2017, 11:09 afka Rossini

Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 00:57:
afka Rossini wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 23:47:
I'm really tempted to go look up the Game of Thrones leak. I'm enjoying this season and can't wait to find out what happens next. Part of me wishes HBO would just release the entire season at once. On the other hand, there is the fun of speculating around the watercooler.

That's precisely why I'm waiting until it's done and do a marathon watch. It's simply too frustrating with shows like these waiting a whole week for a new episode. And they may as well just have wrapped it up now. 7 eps? Seriously? All these show seasons just keep getting shorter and shorter. Pretty soon 1 show per year will constitute a season.
Even at seven or even six episodes, I much prefer the pace of this season. Through the first three episodes there is only one scene I'd consider filler. But even that one had some nice scenery (*cough* tits *cough*) in it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed
49. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Aug 1, 2017, 10:55 afka Rossini

El Pit wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 03:11:
Chris Roberts - Making Crowdfunding Great Again! Promise!!!!

Chris Roberts - Grabbing The Backers By The Pussy!

Man, he should work in the Trump government. For a few days.

lol. His perfect position of Communications Director just opened up too.

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 31, 2017, 23:47 afka Rossini

News Comments > ARK Gold; Full Release Delayed
8. Re: ARK Gold; Full Release Delayed Jul 31, 2017, 23:43 afka Rossini

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 13:35:
Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 11:58:
Is this game in a playable state yet? This game alone is the reason to avoid EA games.

That's a good question. It ran like trash last time I checked, on a 1080 at 1440p. had to set everything to low/NES to get a decent framerate, and considering how shitty that looks, it clearly was due to crap optimization.

But that was a LONG time ago. There's been huge performance changes done to UE4, if they've implemented them, maybe it runs decently. I just have zero interest in the game after the miserable EA period where they were WAY more interested in adding content than fixing performance.

I'm not a huge graphics aficionado but looks decent with a good framerate on a GTX 960m at 1920x1080. My settings are to mid to low range and the gameplay feels very solid.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed
21. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Jul 31, 2017, 23:31 afka Rossini

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 20:56:
Delayed? I think I speak for us all, when I say I am completely surprised.
Is anyone else hearing Gomer Pyle saying "Surprise, surprise, surprise!"?

Though I have no investment in Star Citizen, it's certainly providing a lot of entertainment.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2017, 21:25 afka Rossini

Eirikrautha wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 18:40:
Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 16:57:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 15:22:
Gotta love how McCain votes to take away people's government-sponsored healthcare after being a recipient of government-sponsored healthcare his entire life: first in the military, then as a member of congress.

"All for me, none for thee."

Yeah, I was going to same thing. Doncha just love how all those cockbags voting to take away the peoples healthcare are themselves recipients of the best benefit packages that money can buy paid for by those same people they want to take away the already bare minimum that they receive. GOP supporters are fine with being needlessly raped by the military-industrial complex but god forbid people get even basic healthcare. Imagine if Britain had won the War of Indpendence, you'd all have health and dental care right now.

So long as the death panel decides that you deserve the treatment or that the treatment meets their criteria for "success." Ask the parents of Charlie Gard how that works out...

Better a public death panel deciding my fate over the some shadowy claims adjuster who's bonuses, stock options and/or job performance review depend on how much they save the insurance company by delaying or denying benefits.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2017, 12:56 afka Rossini

BobBob wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 11:26:
Discrimination against gender choice and preference is one of the first signs of many oppressive edicts forthcoming.

It's also very disturbing that in his tweets announcing this he says "After consultation with MY Generals..." (emphasis mine). 'His' Generals? He sounds more and more like some tinpot dictator.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2017, 14:35 afka Rossini

Retired wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 13:35:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 13:27:
El Pit wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 12:30:
Retired wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 10:39:
Today is the day boys and girls! Wish me luck. Hope it goes fast, trying to sideline my expectations.

Good luck, Bats! Not sure what is going on but I wish you luck!

This comment invites mischief like nothing else...

Our house went up for sale today. On top of that, we agreed on terms last night on the house we are buying. Phone is going nuts for showings of our house. Hope to be sold today.

I'm not sure of conditions where you are, but, in 2015, our real-estate agent had us wait a few days before accepting an offer. We actually wound up with two buyers who bid the final sale price to 10% above asking.

In any event good luck to you.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 22, 2017, 12:32 afka Rossini

A second season of Iron Fist eh? Can anyone give me a reason to finish the first season? I got about five or six episodes in and can't bring myself to watch any more of this snoozefest.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2017, 19:31 afka Rossini

I'm guessin' there's something you've GoT to watch tonite?  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2017, 12:40 afka Rossini

Thanks Redeye9

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2017, 13:52.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2017, 11:54 afka Rossini

Linthat22 wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 11:27:
If you thought the airsoft gun prank was funny, check out this Truman Show type of podcast lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08BY9cbfJBE

I watched the first couple of minutes of your link to Big 3 Live and figured I should visit my weed dealer before watching the rest. But that would mean going to the trouble of finding a dealer in the first place. So I guess I'll never know if that show is funny or not.

The Airsoft gun prank was hilarious.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps
16. Re: etc. Jul 6, 2017, 13:19 afka Rossini

deqer wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 13:02:
This game isn't even played. I think only roughly 500 people are playing this, right? Why double price, instead of cut in half.

Maybe a couple of orders of magnitude more than 500.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps
10. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps Jul 6, 2017, 12:20 afka Rossini

I got Ark last fall and have been playing it regularly ever since. In that time it's come a long long way. They've added a lot of monsters, including some that have new and unexpected (i.e. most often deadly) abilities. The crafting system has been beefed up. The graphics, especially dino skins and textures in caves, have been greatly upgraded. The UI is better. Etc.

They update often. Sometimes more than once day.

As for optimization, I'm running just fine on an I5/Nvidia 960 at 1920x1080. Admittedly I'm not one who needs super high resolution and frame rate with every setting turned up to ultra so YMMV.

Pros
----
- Fun if you're into survival games.
- Ability to host your own dedicated server.
- Many settings to greatly customize how the game works.
- Lots of stuff to do including exploring, killing, cooking, crafting, taming, breeding, etc.
- A very healthy mod community.

Cons
----
- Steep learning curve. You'll die a lot.
- Gets grindy during the mid game (once you're heart stops racing at every little noise).
- Lots of jerkwads on the Official servers.

They probably should have given a warning last month the price was going to go up. But even at the new price, I've gotten more enjoyment out of this game than out of a lot full price AAA titles.

TL;DR Worth it if you like the game style. Not sure? Then wait for the next sale.

78 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo