Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Underthing

Real Name Underthing   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname afka Rossini
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 27, 2016, 17:49
Total Comments 200 (Novice)
User ID 58288

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September
60. Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 19:16 afka Rossini

Shoot. I guess I'll play it next year.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: GOT Mar 29, 2019, 22:24 afka Rossini

MisterBenn wrote on Mar 29, 2019, 13:17:
I will definitely watch that GOT video today. I accidentally made the mistake of missing the first 7 seasons when they first came out, then 3 months ago I binged 10 minute YouTube videos wildly out of order. Really not ideal, but when it first came out the episode I saw made a bad impression... the sex/violence/dialogue seemed pretty gratuitous and I didn't realise back then how good the casting and scheming was.

I'm now onboard to watch 8 in real time at least. Did I hear right that the entire wrap up is 5 or 6 episodes? That barely seems like enough time to do more than just let the characters complete their respective arcs.
It's six episodes this season. Some of them will be up to 80 minutes long.

News Comments > FromSoftware and George R.R. Martin RPG Rumor
14. Re: FromSoftware and George R.R. Martin RPG Rumor Mar 28, 2019, 14:51 afka Rossini

Kain wrote on Mar 28, 2019, 14:41:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 28, 2019, 13:51:
GRMM should just hand over everything to Scalzi and let him finish it. At least we wouldn't have a type of dinnerware mentioned fifty million times in one book.

Ugh no thanks. Scalzi has no hand for characterization, wooden and every character has the same "voice". Old Man's War was decent but I haven't liked anything he's written since and hes certainly no one to fill Martin's shoes. I don't begrudge him his success but he writes like a Whedon script fetishist.

Joe Abercrombie doesn't have the same stylistic prose as Martin but he definitely shares his penchant for layered plots involving kingdoms and character deaths. Steven Erikson is way too technical and desperately needs a new editor.

As long as no one suggests Mr Magic System Brandon Sanderson then we're cool though

I think Sanderson has already said somewhere he wouldn't do it if asked. Let's get Patrick Rothfuss on the case!

100. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2019, 13:55 afka Rossini

Sorry to hear such sad news. He was a lucky dog to have owners as devoted as you. I'll miss your tales of his exploits.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2019, 16:06 afka Rossini

jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2019, 15:53:
afka Rossini wrote on Mar 6, 2019, 15:43:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 6, 2019, 13:59:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 6, 2019, 13:00:
Beanie? People wear beanies? I thought that ended in the 1950s...
Beanies are standard winter wear. I have several.
For extra mind blowing extremeness just type beanie into amazon and be amazed.

edit
Ninja'ed by everyone
I'd always thought beanies were bowl shaped hats worn upside down and had a propeller on top. What people here are describing as beanies, we always referred to as snow caps. Who knew?

Yup. Thus the candy.
Arrrgghhhh! I meant ski caps. Although, Sno-Caps are delicious. Maybe it was a Freudian slip.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2019, 15:43 afka Rossini

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 6, 2019, 13:59:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 6, 2019, 13:00:
Beanie? People wear beanies? I thought that ended in the 1950s...
Beanies are standard winter wear. I have several.
For extra mind blowing extremeness just type beanie into amazon and be amazed.

edit
Ninja'ed by everyone
I'd always thought beanies were bowl shaped hats worn upside down and had a propeller on top. What people here are describing as beanies, we always referred to as snow caps. Who knew?

Edited to add: You'll have to scroll down a bit to see it but this is what I thought a beanie was.

7. Re: Westminster Dog Show Feb 12, 2019, 14:40 afka Rossini

"Where are my testicles, Summer?"  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2019, 16:46 afka Rossini

The Expanse season three is now available on Amazon Prime (at least in the U.S.).  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2019, 22:02 afka Rossini

El Pit wrote on Feb 5, 2019, 10:56:
afka Rossini wrote on Feb 5, 2019, 10:54:
El Pit wrote on Feb 5, 2019, 10:27:
Year of the Pig
Counterpoint: Year of the Pig

The Year of Tomorrow's Bacon?

I was going to go with a picture of the White House Press Secretary but why cast a pall over a perfectly good NIN performance.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2019, 10:54 afka Rossini

El Pit wrote on Feb 5, 2019, 10:27:
Year of the Pig
Counterpoint: Year of the Pig

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2019, 14:34 afka Rossini

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 4, 2019, 10:31:
The Super Bowl was, by far, the most boring in my recollection of Super Bowls. The half-time show was lame. Hell, even the commercials were lame.

I liked the commercial where the Game of Thrones dragon burnt up the denizens of Bud Light land. Also, I had some dust blow into my eyes when they ran the spot about MS controllers for handicapped kids.

But, yeah, it was otherwise perfect entertainment for a nap.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 2, 2019, 16:26 afka Rossini

In the Groundhog Day VR trailer I couldn't help thinking every time they showed the alarm clock where is the song "I got you, babe"? Is Sony too cheap to shell out for it?  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2019, 15:42 afka Rossini

I must've been really lucky, I've had my DeathAdder mouse for about a decade. I got it around the time I got a (then) new Merc Stealth keyboard. The only issue that's cropped up on it in the last year or so is that the scroll wheel button sometimes phantom clicks when I'm using it to scroll down a web page.

Re: Vaccinations...
I wonder if maybe some of the online presence of anti-vaxxers is done buy people/governments trying to harm our citizens. Sort of like giving measles infested blankets to *Native Americans*. I hate the thought of censoring free speech but there should be some sort of penalty for deliberately spreading lies that harm the public.

1. Re: Miller time Dec 19, 2018, 12:20 afka Rossini

Why not Blue? It's always after five somewhere.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2018, 18:49 afka Rossini

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 11:57:
Tom Cruise impassioned?

I was thinking the same thing trying to figure out where impassioned fell on the acting spectrum between cocky teenager, cocky pilot, cocky race-car driver, cocky spy and comically short ex-MP bad-ass. Then I remembered his role in Tropic Thunder.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow
31. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 21, 2018, 19:55 afka Rossini

DangerDog wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 17:37:
I still think the funniest thing about NMS is when you reach the game's end goal...
Dude, how about a spoiler alert?

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2018, 18:11 afka Rossini

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 10:29:
Ugh, I went 4/9 in this weeks pool.

I feel your pain. The crystal ball I've been using for my picks has developed cataracts.

On a brighter note, both Goff and the Marvelous Mr. Mahomes look like they're the next Brady and Rogers.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2018, 15:57 afka Rossini

Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 14:09:
Started a free trial of Netflix and I don't understand why anyone uses this service. The TV UI is atrocious - at least with Bell - so I've been having to do everything on the PC to setup a list of stuff to watch.

Stuff to watch? Are you kidding me? 95% of it is utter crap. Honestly at least, and I mean at least 50%, likely way more, of the movies have to be Bollywood and Chinese films.

Almost zero classic films. Zero classic TV. How the hell did this company ever succeed? I thought, 'Ok, they probably have enough stuff to get me through the next 3 or 4 months for winter and then let the sub end in the Spring. From the looks of it I'll be done before the free trial is up.

I think you're a little late to the dance as far as massive amounts of classic TV content on Netflix. The CEO said a few years back that their goal was to have 50% original vs. licensed content. They've been doing that by dropping a lot of series. Plus Disney, WB and a bunch of others are starting their own streaming services. So they're not renewing deals. Welcome to the age of a la carte TV.

News Comments > No Man's Sky: The Abyss Next Week
22. Re: No Man's Sky: The Abyss Next Week Oct 25, 2018, 11:54 afka Rossini

VaranDragon wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 03:31:
So is the game any good now, or is this circle jerk thread about who has the biggest dick in the room?
I bought it during a sale this summer. I enjoy it a lot and certainly got more than my monies worth.

Depending on which game mode you choose, it can be a bit grindy. Content-wise there are a couple of major quest lines, lots of side missions, crafting and base building to keep you entertained.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 17, 2018, 14:03 afka Rossini

I wish Taco Bell would bring back the Club Chalupa.  

200 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo