Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Underthing

Real Name Underthing   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname afka Rossini
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 27, 2016, 17:49
Total Comments 160 (Novice)
User ID 58288

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 15, 2018, 19:22 afka Rossini

Cancer sucks RIP Paul Allen.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Into the Black Oct 11, 2018, 00:31 afka Rossini

Watching that I was reminded of the great Thanksgiving turkey giveaway from WKRP in Cincinnati.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2018, 13:28 afka Rossini

Congrats on 22, Blue!

Vesuvius eruption: I guess you could say it was mind blowing.

Banksy: Whether or not the auction house was involved, it's still a fun prank.

6. Re: Fortnite on SNL Oct 1, 2018, 13:19 afka Rossini

The Fortnite sketch was one of the funniest things I've seen on SNL in a while. Maybe because it hits far too close to home.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2018, 17:17 afka Rossini

Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2018, 16:06:
UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Sep 28, 2018, 15:06:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 28, 2018, 14:53:
HoSpanky wrote on Sep 28, 2018, 13:21:
That wasn’t a “freak accident” at jack in the box. It was someone being stupid. I’m betting his family wasn’t excited about a headline reading “idiot driver gets killed by his poor choices”.
Probably, although I'd say "poor execution" instead of choices...

Considering the outcome I’d say the execution was pretty spot on.

On the bright side, we probably have this years Darwin Awards winner.

Not at all. Darwin Awards are for people who intentionally do something stupid and get killed in the process. This was just general negligence.
One way or the other, it's evolution in action.

19. Re: Alexa-powered microwave Sep 24, 2018, 13:48 afka Rossini

Hey Blue, as long as it's cheaper, why not go for the Alexa enabled microwave? You get a chance to test drive it and it might be an interesting selling feature.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2018, 13:58 afka Rossini

RIP John McCain. I had no idea he'd refused to use his family connections for early release until other POW's who'd been there longer were freed. We can only hope he's not the last of politicians who put country over party.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 24, 2018, 02:26 afka Rossini

jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 20:25:
Graham wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 20:03:
Super challenging series to shoot considering the time span involved; a lot like Altered Carbon you're not going to have a hero carry the show through the entire series of books. It'll be interested in see how they try to tell a story that's detailed at the micro-scale and needs you to be paying attention for the macro-scale stuff to make sense. I'll watch, for sure.

IIRC that's true at the beginning, but don't things start taking place with the same chars once The Mule appears?
I think the Mule is in the second half of book two and the first half of book three.

Have they said if they're just doing the original trilogy? Because it seems to me they'd get more cinematic stories out of the subsequent novels featuring Harry Seldon or Golan Trevize.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 22, 2018, 16:24 afka Rossini

Orogogus wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 13:08:
afka Rossini wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 12:33:
Not to defend this guy against corruption but at least he was on the rational side of the violence in video games debate and served his country in the military.

Randy Cunningham was a vet, too, and was convicted for bribery and fraud back in 2005. The Starship Troopers theory that someone who puts their life on the line for their country couldn't possibly act against its interests just doesn't seem to hold true in practice.
I agree serving in the military doesn't excuse anyone from criminal behavior. I probably should have stopped at video games.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 22, 2018, 12:33 afka Rossini

Not to defend this guy against corruption but at least he was on the rational side of the violence in video games debate and served his country in the military.  

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 22, 2018, 12:31 afka Rossini

NKD wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 12:23:
I lived my entire life being told witches weren't real and that I need to stop hwackin it off to Bewitched, The Craft, and Charmed. Turns out they are real, and they are ugly men instead of beautiful women. What a god damn blow this has been to my childhood.
And I'm guessing, your libido.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 21, 2018, 14:08 afka Rossini

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 21, 2018, 13:39:
Someone should let the people in Hong Kong know that a 4D printer is impossible as the 4th dimension is time.
From the article...
"4D printing is conventional 3D printing combined with the additional element of time as the fourth dimension, where the printed objects can re-shape or self-assemble themselves over time with external stimuli, such as mechanical force, temperature, or a magnetic field."

11. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 20, 2018, 23:06 afka Rossini

NKD wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 18:54:
Glow is really fuckin good.
I couldn't agree more. I was surprised how much I liked it.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 17, 2018, 21:54 afka Rossini

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 21:18:
FFS, I already loathe Amazon Video because you can't watch two episodes of anything without being thrust upon by a commercial for whatever retarded original programming they've got coming out... If Netflix starts doing that, too, I might as well just switch to Hulu.
Too late, Netflix has already started doing it on my Netflix app for Fire TV. You can hit play next or sit through 20 seconds of 'preview' for another show.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2018, 19:36 afka Rossini

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 16:33:
afka Rossini wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 15:14:
With this latest Windows update I seem to be getting an annoying message popping up when I boot asking me to sync windows with my phone. Does anyone else get this? If so, any idea how to remove it? I tried googling but all I got was instructions on how to remove the normal windows login screen.
Is it a native windows prompt, or did you ever install phone carrier or phone manufacturer software.

It looks like one of those notification popups in the lower right corner similar to the Windows Defender summary that sometimes shows up in the same area. I've never installed a phone carrier, phone manufacturer software or even said yes to those occasional website popups that want to send me notifications.

I don't even own a smartphone although I occasionally charge my ancient cell up with the computers USB port. But I always tell the phone just to 'charge' not be a device.

News Comments > Morning Patches
4. Re: Morning Patches Aug 17, 2018, 16:13 afka Rossini

Darks wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 15:33:
afka Rossini wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 15:11:
Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 14:11:
While HG gets some credit for continuing to release NMS bug fixes there are so many bugs right now pretty much everyone is left saying, "Yeah, but what about this?"

Like not being able to use the Plasma Launcher with the Blaze Javelin?

I noticed a couple new minor bugs with this patch. For instance, when you scan any of your ships in your freighter bay, they'll all show the same size inventory and tech space as the most recent ship you exited.

Still, I'm finding the game very playable and highly addicting. But I wonder if there are any UI mods out there like SkyUI was for Skyrim.

Not sure about the bugs, I haven't run into anything that's major or game breaking. and yes, at least they are pushing out patches. that's a good thing!

Here's a hint, when you buy a freighter or a cargo type ship. rename it with the name and a designation number being the cargo size of that ship. Makes it 10 times easier trying to figure to what ship has what cargo space.
Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize I could rename my ships.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2018, 15:14 afka Rossini

With this latest Windows update I seem to be getting an annoying message popping up when I boot asking me to sync windows with my phone. Does anyone else get this? If so, any idea how to remove it? I tried googling but all I got was instructions on how to remove the normal windows login screen.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Aug 17, 2018, 15:11 afka Rossini

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 14:11:
While HG gets some credit for continuing to release NMS bug fixes there are so many bugs right now pretty much everyone is left saying, "Yeah, but what about this?"

Like not being able to use the Plasma Launcher with the Blaze Javelin?

I noticed a couple new minor bugs with this patch. For instance, when you scan any of your ships in your freighter bay, they'll all show the same size inventory and tech space as the most recent ship you exited.

Still, I'm finding the game very playable and highly addicting. But I wonder if there are any UI mods out there like SkyUI was for Skyrim.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Pai's lies. Aug 15, 2018, 02:48 afka Rossini

These people don't even care anymore when they get caught lying.  

1. Re: Into the Black Aug 11, 2018, 12:01 afka Rossini

Lol @Ant. I love the 70's heist music with the waka, waka guitar.  

160 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo