Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X
Dec 26, 2015, 11:42
Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 26, 2015, 11:42
Dec 26, 2015, 11:42

wasteoid wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 02:10:
i think the implication was that you can easily dual-boot, thus avoiding the problem of missing games because they don't have a linux version. i would guess a non-trivial percentage of dual-boot users do so for that very reason.

Absolutely can dual boot. But what ended up happening to me is that I just stopped playing the games on my Windows installation to the point where I haven't booted into Windows in like two years because of the hassle of rebooting and waiting on patches etc etc. I ended up just playing the games that are available on Linux instead of complaining about what I don't have.

Obviously if this isn't good enough then you should run Windows, or dual boot. But for me I'm quite happy to get Linux versions of games like divinity even if they're delayed a bit.

Dec 25, 2015, 23:12
Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 25, 2015, 23:12
Dec 25, 2015, 23:12

why are you inconveniencing yourself like this, over an operating system choice? i don't understand.

I'm not OP but am in a similar situation. I do more on my Pc than play games and for me the inconvenience is actually using windows, since I do so much more in Linux on a day to day basis.

Dec 25, 2015, 21:18
Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 25, 2015, 21:18
Dec 25, 2015, 21:18

Geez, reading this thread I feel like other Kali players from the 90s got on the same Linux and OS X train I did in the same way.

Dec 24, 2015, 17:21
Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 24, 2015, 17:21
Dec 24, 2015, 17:21

WaltC wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 15:47:
In short, I can see dual-booting OS X or Linux with Windows and gaming on Windows--can't see the value of restricting myself to either non-Windows environment unless gaming is something I can take or leave. I would imagine this is pretty much universal.

This comes up every time linux is mentioned, often in a much more aggressive "Linux is stealing my windows game developers time" sort of way, which I so much appreciate you not doing here.

The thing is, your opinion is not universal, and people like myself who play games exclusively on linux exist. I don't understand why people don't accept this. You can (and did) call me casual, and that's fine. I still want games like this, and I pay for them.
4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older