Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for jshar

Real Name jshar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jimeh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 16, 2015, 21:28
Total Comments 20 (Suspect)
User ID 58268

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > New ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN DLC

2. Re: New ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN DLC Jun 27, 2019, 18:35 jimeh

I've won the game on ACE difficulty. All the jets can handle all the missions. Just get the SU-34 or A-10 or SU-30M2 for 4AGM to make ground missions trivial.

The DLC is of absolutely no interest to me, though. I wish it was more missions or some co-op missions for more interesting multiplayer than boring deathmatch.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and Witcher Crossover Announced

7. Re: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and Witcher Crossover Announced Dec 10, 2018, 17:12 jimeh

Best game ever!  

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Goes Free-to-Play

24. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Goes Free-to-Play Oct 31, 2018, 15:34 jimeh

I gave it hour. Uninstalled. There might be a decent game in there somewhere if you can get past the horrible graphics and performance.  

News Comments > Into the Black

2. Re: Into the Black Jan 15, 2018, 21:23 jimeh

Someone call a necromancer; this is gonna be awesome!  

News Comments > Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players

18. Re: Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players Oct 6, 2017, 01:10 jimeh

Darks wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 12:38:
So, these morons are tallying the player count from the free weekend they just had. Isn't that just big of them to boast of those numbers when in fact, half of those who played it will not ever play it again since the free weekend is now over.

Hate companies that lie about the numbers when in reality they are not what they are saying they are.

Nah, there was no free weekend. The Battle Royale mode is free to play now, but the co-op campaign and co-op modes are all in early access for people who buy Founders packs. All modes will go free2play in 2018.

From what I can learn from the Founders packs there are various heroes to collect and level up with persistent gear, varying rarity, etc.

I gave the BR mode a look and ended up playing all day. Pretty good stuff! The part of the match I like the most is when the play area is so small it fits on the minimap and you can finally spend all your bricks to build your last base so I'm actually looking forward to the PVE modes where its all focused on base building.

News Comments > On Sale

1. Re: On Sale Sep 1, 2017, 01:06 jimeh

For The King is good!  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse

3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 5, 2017, 19:37 jimeh

Song sucks. Such heavy use of Autotune they sound like freakin robots  

News Comments > etc.

3. Re: etc. Jun 27, 2017, 08:32 jimeh

it's all about clocking Prey 15 times then getting the 2 hour steam refund.  

News Comments > Alan Wake Sunset Sale

30. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale May 14, 2017, 06:25 jimeh

I haven't tried it with a controller yet. I think other games might have a crosshair on screen for you to focus on, but it seems like the xhair in AlanWake is your flashlight but its not in the centre of the screen. I'll give it a try with controller later, thanks.  

News Comments > Alan Wake Sunset Sale

24. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale May 13, 2017, 16:50 jimeh

word of warning: I picked this up and its got a very confusing 3rd person perspective where the player is off to the side which makes it sort of hard to walk in a straight line or know where you're looking.  

News Comments > Dawn of War III Released

24. Re: Dawn of War III Released Apr 27, 2017, 21:13 jimeh

This games polished to a bright sheen!

Every unit that dies stays laying dead on the field.
Every bullet hole, bomb crater, etc remains on the field.
You can tell when you're shooting an armoured target because bullets will bounce off it.
Unit death animations relate to the attack that killed it. Huge swords will cut guys in half!

It's a fantastic RTS with a focus on action. A quick game is a good game, after all!

The game is divided into three phases. In the first 10 minutes you get most your money back when units die. Phase 2 and 3 (at 20 and 30) lower the money you get back for dying and raise the money that resource extractors give you. It adds up to non-stop action.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins

25. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 23, 2017, 03:19 jimeh

You're all just searching for reasons not to like it to hide the fact you're too afraid to play online cos you'll get your asses kicked.:P

This is why RTS is a dead genre. It allows too much for skilled players to dominate, sort of like Quake, but what kids-these-days want is like Call of Duty where when you suck and die it notices and spawns you behind someone for an easy kill. Overwatch with its built in "abilities" like auto-aim and other no skill ultimates. Survival shooters where you sneak around looting until you shoot someone in the back and enjoy it because it wasn't you it was happening to.

Someone said DOW3 borrowed elements from mobas, which you're afraid to play because you'll get your ass kicked online, so you're holding on to that comment as tight as you can, not even realising its a good thing to have a team goal to stop kids trolling by hiding units around the map so you can't actually end the game although you've clearly won. How many people keep playing starcraft2 after you zerg rush all their SRVs with some 6pool shit that bipasses the whole game?

So, lets talk about the two "moba" elements.

1. A tower. (Stationary structure with ranged attack)
Stops cheesy base rushing making early game rushes about map control, resource nodes, instead of something annoying like killing workers.IF you want to build your base far back behind the tower it will be safe most the game. If you want to drop your building at forward locations as a place to heal and reinforce squads it is a better location in some ways. This tower gives players of all skill levels a chance to have a good time!

1. The thing you kill to win.
How many times have you won an RTS match without getting to destroy the enemy base because he quits because he decided you'll win? Build up this big army then never get to use it! This thing is a good victory condition. Much better than other RTS where players just ragequit when they're losing, or send 1000 bombers at your Commander, etc, etc.

I have seen some amazing comebacks already. The matches have fantastic pace, the maps have great flow, the games go for a perfect length and its non-stop tactical action the whole time.

This is the best RTS going in a mostly dead genre. Yes, its too expensive. Yes, the DLC will probably ruin the balance they have going so far. But, right now, it is a great Relic RTS and the best RTS going. [/rant]

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins

20. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 22, 2017, 13:10 jimeh

Beta download is 18gb, I think.
I like it. Best DOW yet!

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup

1. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 9, 2017, 19:04 jimeh

Looks worse? No title tune? Thumbsdown  

News Comments > Quake Champions Closed Beta Next Week

11. Re: Quake Champions Closed Beta Next Week Mar 31, 2017, 09:08 jimeh

Quake Wars was made by Splash Damage, wasn't it? Who have the free2play and fairly good Dirty Bomb going atm.

Quake4 was by Raven software or something.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2017, 10:13 jimeh

Pity it only gives him bullseyes and doesn't play a perfect round of actual darts. Bad at darts, good at engineering... Still bad at darts.  

News Comments > Dawn of War III Beta Survey

9. Re: Dawn of War III Beta Survey Feb 26, 2017, 21:47 jimeh

I Imagine Last Stand will come later as part of the huge amount of DLC that Warhammer games always get.

I reckon DOW3 will be great fun around launch, then the first DLC faction will ruin the balance and we'll play Last Stand a bit before quitting again.

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games

4. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 18, 2017, 16:25 jimeh

holy crap im so hyped now  

News Comments > ACE COMBAT 7: Skies Unknown PC Announcement

7. Re: ACE COMBAT 7: Skies Unknown PC Announcement Jan 26, 2017, 20:30 jimeh

Such good news about PC version! Insta-buy from me.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access

39. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access Dec 16, 2015, 16:32 jimeh

That 8gig patch is the 1.5 ships update and 64bit client. It includes some new mission types and stuff too and it's the last update for the base games "season".  

20 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >