Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Daniel Filley

Real Name Daniel Filley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Strider83
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 1, 2015, 00:50
Total Comments 38 (Suspect)
User ID 58234

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Alec Holowka Dead
63. Re: Alec Holowka Dead Sep 1, 2019, 21:00 Strider83

Yes Redeye I love your constant EPIC love affair and Liberal talking points! Makes reading my gaming news complete!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

62. Re: Alec Holowka Dead Sep 1, 2019, 20:59 Strider83

Yeah at least she got to share her truth. Which wasn't much. And someone today is dead because of it. But good for her right!  

59. removed Sep 1, 2019, 20:50 Strider83

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 2, 2019, 10:01.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2019, 17:34 Strider83

Good luck on the move Blue, hope it all goes well!  

62. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2019, 17:48 Strider83

My condolences on your loss of Gunnar, Blue. Have come to the site for many years and always loved reading about his and Hudson the wonder dog's adventures. You were blessed with some really great pooches! Best wishes and hopes to you, I know how hard it is to lose a pet you have had for many years, though mine have been of the feline kind. They really do become part of the family. Take care, and Godspeed Gunnar-man!

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2019, 23:48.

News Comments > Weedcraft Inc Sparks Up Next Month
2. Re: Weedcraft Inc Sparks Up Next Month Mar 13, 2019, 21:20 Strider83

Why not wait to release it on 4/20? Seems like a missed opportunity.  

News Comments > Street Fighter V Free Weekend
3. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 14, 2018, 23:22 Strider83

I remember a time when this site and it's comment sections were about computers and computer games. Not a bunch of assholes pushing their political agenda or political opinions in every single thread. A bunch of politics, bitching, whining and complaining. Makes me sick. Been coming here over 15 years and no longer enjoy reading or participating in these sections because of this bullshit.  

News Comments > John Romero Game Announcement Tomorrow
28. Re: John Romero Game Announcement Tomorrow Dec 9, 2018, 22:41 Strider83

Didn't he have a wife or girlfriend who worked in gaming too? Can't remember her name but in the magazines at the time there was a lot of coverage of the two.  

News Comments > Fishing: Barents Sea King Crab DLC Scuttles Out
1. Re: Fishing: Barents Sea King Crab DLC Scuttles Out Nov 13, 2018, 19:16 Strider83

The crab king must be caught and eaten with lots of butter!  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2018, 18:23 Strider83

Happy Birthday Gunnar-man! Glad to hear he is doing well Blue.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com
33. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 5, 2018, 21:56 Strider83

Creston
You know you could have just bought the game for 60 bucks, right? And not gone with all the retard bonuses and outfits etc etc etc? That you literally REWARDED Ubisoft for all this bullshit?

I don't care about silly outfits or bonuses, I paid the extra $40 for the Ac3 remaster as I never played the original and the season pass. I generally only buy a few games a year, and almost always when on sale. I didn't buy Origins but I like the Greek setting and have a fairly powerful pc to play it on. If the game turns out to be shit and the dlc and Remaster are crap too then I will feel like I am rewarding Ubisoft and their practices and won't do so in the future. But if I enjoy the game, remaster and dlc and feel it was worth my money no fucks will be given.

27. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 5, 2018, 18:20 Strider83

Damn this thread escalated quickly...Don't piss off the pirates or there will be a mutiny methinks.

I just paid 100 for Assassin's Creed Odyssey, which is ridiculous, there has to be some middle ground. Dlc, micro transactions and all that other bs has gotten so out of control and the way things are going I don't see it getting any better as gamers just lap the shit up. Like me on occasion.

It wouldn't sting so bad if I could pay $100 for a game and have no micro transactions. But for a $100 single player game and then micro transactions on top of that, WTF. I wish I could go back 20 years when I would go to the mall and Electronics Boutique and buy a pc game in a huge box with cds in it, no internet requirement, and a nice big manual. Oh well. Get off my lawn!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2018, 18:04 Strider83

Gunnar is a good dog! I wonder what he will be dressed like for Halloween this year.  

8. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 4, 2018, 22:44 Strider83

Alright alright alright  

News Comments > Windows 10 Gaming Updates
9. Re: Windows 10 Gaming Updates Oct 2, 2018, 22:16 Strider83

Does anyone else here just keep the setting set to Metered to avoid updates altogether? I say if it isn't broke don't fix it. Worst decision I ever made was updating my older Win 7 machine to 10 because they were offering it for free. F@ck Microsoft and their policies.  

News Comments > League of Legends PvE Event Wednesday
3. Re: League of Legends PvE Event Wednesday Sep 11, 2018, 00:09 Strider83

They should change their name to Pussy Riot.  

News Comments > Rune Next Month
10. Re: Rune Next Month Aug 30, 2018, 02:33 Strider83

Nucas wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 21:37:
Darks wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 20:08:
Hump wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 19:51:
Why has this studio languished in development hell for the past 10 years? Given how great Rune was and how stunning the ideas and gameplay in Prey was just baffles me beyond comprehension. Should I even mention the tech demo for Prey 2?

SMH Disappointed

They haven't, they actually been doing a lot of game releases and worked on a bunch of games in the back end for some main stream games. Rune has always been at the forefront for HH. They were waiting for the right time to make a new game.

They have been a lot more busy then you think dude. Trust me.

that's a positive take. my read has been a studio on life support since their last major publisher release - prey 2 - was axed, doing raven software-esque support work to pay the bills in lieu of any real projects coming their way, and now trying to get their only in-house IP into ship-shape asap.

i have high hopes but tempered expectations for this project.

Man I miss Raven software, I remember the original Soldier of Fortune back in the day. Their last major game as I remember was Singularity and it was pretty good too. They might have also done Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, can't remember. Used to email them a long while back. Better than most of these developers today.

News Comments > Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated]
99. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 28, 2018, 05:24 Strider83

jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 03:30:
Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 18:13:
I wonder if these "mass shooters" started showing up at NRA events if it would have an effect...

I've said this many times before: the only way the law changes is if congress gets shot up by a mass shooter and many congress people die. These politicians will do nothing unless it's in their own self interest.

To be clear, I'm not hoping for such an eventuality. I'm just noting the decades-long pattern.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought a shooter targeted a congressional baseball practice on June 14,2017 in Alexandria Virginia. Rep Steve Scalise was almost killed. The Virginia Attorney General concluded it was "fueled by rage against Republican legislators". Maybe if they had been democrats and were targeted something would be different today. All these politicians care about is what is best for their political futures and being re-elected. The government of the United States has become a laughingstock due to it's inability to get anything done with the best interests of the American People at hand. I guess maybe if more than one was gravely injured maybe they would care like the gamers in Jacksonville, or students in Parkland and Santa Fe.

44. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2018, 04:28 Strider83

jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 03:52:
Strider83 wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 03:41:
I guess James Gunn is now considered a professional comedian. Good for him. I thought he was just a talented director who in the past made jokes about raping children. May his future in comedy be as successful as his career directing movies.

Don't be an idiot. Gunn was being provocative, just like all of those comedians I mentioned. It's ironic that two of the most famous unprovocative comedians are the ones least suitable from a behavioral standpoint to work for Disney: Cosby and Woody Allen.

Anyway, Gunn is out. You and Disney are "right." Congrats.

I respect your point of view and respect your opinion. I truly hope he can move on to better things more suited to his talents. Being a director for Disney was always going to be a hard fit for him. I will get off my high horse, I believe in what you said about that people should not be punished for bad judgement in their past. Thanks for posting honest replies without personal attacks. I guess I have issues with people joking about child rape as my little sister was abused and raped when she was younger. Probably need to deal with that more than attacking others. Glad this site lets people have an honest debate with minimal censorship.

42. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2018, 03:41 Strider83

I guess James Gunn is now considered a professional comedian. Good for him. I thought he was just a talented director who in the past made jokes about raping children. May his future in comedy be as successful as his career directing movies.  

38 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo