Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jagacademy

Real Name Jagacademy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jagacademy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 26, 2015, 19:29
Total Comments 269 (Amateur)
User ID 58230

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Fortnite Season 3 Battle Pass Details
4. Re: Fortnite Season 3 Battle Pass Details Feb 20, 2018, 12:56 Jagacademy

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 12:54:
I play FPP exclusively.

Yep, that's why then. I can only recall being killed by a cheater 1 time in FPP despite 100's of games, but get killed by one in about half the TPP I play.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fortnite Season 3 Battle Pass Details
2. Re: Fortnite Season 3 Battle Pass Details Feb 20, 2018, 12:53 Jagacademy

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 12:38:
Seen DrDisrespect play this game of Twitch, ugh. Have zero interest in it.

Ditto, tried to play it, didn't make it past a handful of games. I don't like the fact that you have to bunny hop nonstop when you're not in a firefight, I don't like the fact that your aim can be dead-on and you'll still be missing shots, didn't care for spinning around nonstop building buildings instead of firing, and I also feel like the game is just too hard to take seriously. With games being short, and everything being so cartoony, I didn't even care if I won or died, it was just too hard to take anything personally.

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 12:38:
I've had exactly one chicken dinner so far (5 kills) but at least I can attest to the fact that there are not as many cheaters in the game as people say there are.

Are you playing FPP or TPP? If you're playing FPP, you're right, almost all cheaters prefer TPP for obvious reasons, so you won't run into them.

If you're playing TPP and don't see many cheaters, it could be for a couple reasons: You are being killed by non-cheaters before you even run into the cheaters. (You said you were new at the game), or you may simply not know what to look for. (I didn't at first either)

I can assure you, there are a LOT of cheaters in this game. If I had to estimate, not even under or over-exaggerating, I run into one in roughly 50% of all TPP I play. As a result, primarily have to play FPP now, even though I much prefer TPP.

News Comments > PUBG Plans to Reveal Plans
6. Re: PUBG Plans to Reveal Plans Feb 16, 2018, 09:47 Jagacademy

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 18:12:
The horse is still in the race and keeps riding at full gallop speed with not even a hint of tiring.

Well, not entirely true. Player count peaked and has been declining. It's still remarkable, and will be for a very long time, but you can no longer say there "isn't even a hint of tiring".

News Comments > PUBG Plans to Reveal Plans
1. Rampart Cheating Feb 15, 2018, 09:59 Jagacademy

Until they deal with the fact that this game still has an epidemic of rampart cheating they should have absolutely nothing else on their agenda because everything else is irrelevant.  

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered
17. I lol'ed... Feb 14, 2018, 13:46 Jagacademy

Massive realistic open world...vast fields.  

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered
12. Open and empty... Feb 14, 2018, 09:13 Jagacademy

When I think of an "open world" game, I think of Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc, where there is a lot to discover.

From what I read however, this isn't the case here. It's a giant open
empty world, where the most exciting thing you'll find is a barrel in the woods.

Going to pass.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 12, 2018, 12:03 Jagacademy

This game looked interesting, so I had planned to follow-up on release day (tomorrow?) to check preliminary reviews.

This is certainly a bad omen however.

News Comments > Dawn of War 3 Sets
20. Re: Dawn of War 3 Sets Feb 8, 2018, 16:59 Jagacademy

Creston wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 16:04:
This. Dark Crusade was AMAZING. I must have played that thirty times from start to finish.

After reading this, I might pick this up on Steam. Tried to play through Warcraft 3 again for the first time since release, but couldn't get into it because I already knew the story. Might try this in order to satisfy that niche.

News Comments > Rust Officially Launches
2. Re: Rust Officially Launches Feb 8, 2018, 14:32 Jagacademy

Whenever I see an open PvP game, I just think of myself playing Ultima Online in '97, and Asheron's Call Darktide in '99...playing 16 hours a day, laying waste to the people who actually had a life.

Since I'm on the opposite end of that spectrum now, lucky if I can play for 3-4 hours every third evening, I can't participate any longer.

Wish I could though, those days were a blast.

News Comments > Steam Top 10 9
12. Re: Steam Top <strike>10</strike> 9 Feb 4, 2018, 21:10 Jagacademy

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 4, 2018, 13:55:

FF 15 on PC doesn't excite you? Excites me

To hell with you console worshipping pissants bending over for leftovers. #pcmasterracce

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Beta Extended
3. Re: etc. Jan 26, 2018, 15:37 Jagacademy

deqer wrote on Jan 26, 2018, 14:04:
Watched this on twitch.tv on my favourite streamer TimTheTatman, who played with another popular streamer, summit1g. And I must say, it was so LIT. Hyped, and hilarious as Tim was playing it for the first time that evening (Wednesday), you can see it in Videos archive.

He climbed up to 25k viewers LIVE at one point.

I'm sure some of the publishers were watching and had a big smile on their face(s).

This is done with literally every release of every new game.

News Comments > Vampyr Video Diary
1. Re: Vampyr Video Diary Jan 25, 2018, 14:52 Jagacademy

This game is never coming out.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Resistance Event Begins
4. Wait...what? Jan 24, 2018, 09:26 Jagacademy

I'm so confused.  

News Comments > Laser League Open Beta Friday
1. Re: Laser League Open Beta Friday Jan 23, 2018, 14:41 Jagacademy

That video is about as much cringe as I can handle for the day.  

News Comments > Epic on the Future of Paragon
3. Re: Epic on the Future of Paragon Jan 17, 2018, 13:24 Jagacademy

*Over the next few weeks, we’ll be figuring out if and how we can evolve Paragon to achieve growth and success*

You don't have to evolve, just do what you've literally done since day one: Find out what's popular at that moment...and copy it. (If you look at every successful game they've literally ever had, it was a formulaic copy of something else that was popular at the time)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

News Comments > PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated]
2. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV Next Month; Specs Jan 16, 2018, 10:38 Jagacademy

This game had a tremendous amount of hype behind it (being Final Fantasy), but once it was released...crickets. Seems as if it was instantly forgotten.  

News Comments > Chinese PUBG Cheat Creators Arrested
1. You're all just being outplayed... Jan 16, 2018, 10:34 Jagacademy

"I've played 1,500 hours and have never seen a cheater." ™

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Royale's Success
5. Gambled and won Jan 15, 2018, 21:49 Jagacademy

This game was on it's way to becoming a commercial failure on the magnitude of Lawbreakers. (nobody was playing their initial gamemode) In last ditch desperation, they copied PUBG, made it free...and became an overnight success. No wonder Player Unknown has been so vocally pissed off.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Game Reviews Jan 15, 2018, 11:50 Jagacademy

peteham wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 10:20:
Other than that, I haven't really noticed too much obvious cheating lately.

*I've played 1,500 hours and have never seen a cheater.*

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 15, 2018, 09:23 Jagacademy

Numinar wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 03:26:
PUBG getting pretty comfortable up there. It sucked last week, but the last few days feel cheater free (Had one or two suspiciously accurate shooters but that might be more of the fact that people with 4000 hours of CS have jumped on).

Getting some good seconds and 3rds though. Getting over trigger panic and making that last kill is so hard for me still but it's getting better and better, I'm making the other dudes bleed 3/4 of their health now whereas before I would just get rolled.

It is super incredibly obvious when someone is cheating, it should never come down to "Hmm, maybe this person is just good." You'll watch the Death Cam and see them firing into the ground over and over again, since many of the cheats circumvent line-of-sight mechanics. Aimbotting is common as well, in which you'll see their reticule snap straight to someone's head, kill them in 1 second, instantly snap to another head, kill them in 1 second, etc. If you keep an eye on the killcam (edit: killfeed) as well, it is easy to spot cheaters, as their name keeps popping up with kill after kill.

In 3rd person, cheating is an epidemic in this game. I've had days when it was every other match, sometimes game after game after game. Switched to 1st person, and almost never see a cheater, so that works for now.

Numinar wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 03:26:
I can't imagine having to deal with the crafting, taming and building that these other games have. I'm sure the galaxy brain types love it though.

Agree with you 100%, I've never had any interest in crafting whatsoever. I think I made some furniture for my house in Ultima Online back in 97, haven't touched it since. Unfortunate really, as it seems like 75% of multiplayer games nowadays have a mandatory crafting mechanic.

269 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo