Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jagacademy

Real Name Jagacademy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jagacademy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 26, 2015, 19:29
Total Comments 219 (Novice)
User ID 58230

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With a Patch
3. Re: PlanetSide 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With a Patch Nov 20, 2017, 15:04 Jagacademy

I loved PS1, played it from the start. Was excited about PS2, but just couldn't get into it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 20, 2017, 11:27 Jagacademy

Whoever controlled the camera during this tournament did an atrocious job. They'd be spectating someone in the middle of a firefight, then suddenly cut away to someone...staring at a rock. One team would roll up behind another, and right before they engaged, camera would cut away to someone...swimming. This kind of thing happened consistently throughout the entire tournament.

The tournament itself was still fun. I do think that way too many games are decided by RNG instead of player skill however.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned
7. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 14:18 Jagacademy

MrGrosser wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 14:13:
I only can say that I've done the beta for PvP.. and it was something this game never really needed and it's not something the game does well.
It's very much like For Honor PvP, and you can see how many people are playing that. October's average was just under 1200 people.

Ahh, then Darks is right. Putting all their time and effort into minimally used PvP instead of additional PvE content, where most of the playerbase lives.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned
5. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 13:59 Jagacademy

Darks wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 12:41:
Fucking PVP is ruining this game, taking away from development time that could be spent on adding more Areas and missions to the game.

I know time spent on PvP takes away from PvE. But is the PvP in this game any good? I'm looking to take a break from PUBG, and was curious about it.

Can you do the solo content co-op?

News Comments > Deep Sky Derelicts Early Access
5. Re: Deep Sky Derelicts Early Access Nov 16, 2017, 10:24 Jagacademy

This actually looks pretty good, might pick this one up a little further into EA.  

News Comments > Wild West Online Early Access
5. Sergey Titov Scam Nov 15, 2017, 13:29 Jagacademy

This game is made by notorious scammer Sergey Titov.

News Comments > A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Announced
2. Re: A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Announced Nov 14, 2017, 22:24 Jagacademy

Is this Ultima 10?  

News Comments > Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up
30. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 19:59 Jagacademy

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 19:39:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 17:47:
Why are people buying it? Lemmings ruining the gaming industry by throwing money at shit that doesn't exist yet.

It's like every single rule is being broken. For as many people that hate EA there must be 1 or 2 that is ok with them. They justify all this with a release day purchase.
Cough, Half-Elf, cough.

News Comments > Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up
12. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 11:59 Jagacademy

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 10:26:
I've played the beta plus the 10h trial and I don't think it's as bad as people say...again tho, I'm comparing this versus a season pass.
You keep saying this, while continuing to ignore the fact that the cost of unlocking was being raised 600% at release, which is what the uproar was about.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
81. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 19:11 Jagacademy

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 18:46:
Someone tell Jagacademy I was too busy loot boxing his mom to make an appearance before now.

D&D name, picture of a Transformer, mom insults...textbook example of every 12 year old who gets on the internet for the first time.

55. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 16:58 Jagacademy

Disney is probably rethinking this EA partnership at the moment. Tomorrow's headline "Disney attempting to profit off of underage gambling" isn't something they are going to be thrilled about seeing.  

11. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 13, 2017, 11:15 Jagacademy

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 10:54:
I'm playing the 10h trial right now and I've already unlocked a few heroes, not sure where you get those numbers.
10,000 credits to unlock now, being raised to 60,000 at release.

4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 10:40 Jagacademy

Counting down the minutes until Half-Elf and Dark come in here to defend this.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Nov 10, 2017, 20:42 Jagacademy

Acleacius wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 19:57:
I haven't tried Discord yet, is it recommended here at Blue's, over vent and TS?

It is vastly superior to both, seems like all of PC gaming has moved over to it.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII's Big Launch
4. Refunded unfortunately... Nov 8, 2017, 11:34 Jagacademy

I bought this, but ended up refunding it.

Was enjoying the single player, then ran into a quicktime event. Seriously?! (and then to add insult to injury, after asking me to mash "A" as rapidly as possible, then "B" as rapidly as possible, it then asked me to mash "Unbound" as rapidly as possible, so I died)

Multiplayer hit detection is awful as well, one game plays perfectly fine, the next game you can load entire clips into people's backs and they turn around and instagib you.

Now awaiting Battlefront 2, but my expectations are low. This past couple month's AAA releases have all been trash, thank god the indie development scene gives you options.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Speculation
2. Re: Command & Conquer Speculation Nov 8, 2017, 11:28 Jagacademy

These games are fun to play single player, and maybe some skirmish multiplayer games with friends, but competitively they have always been awful.

I remember watching a Command & Conquer 3 tournament where every single player was doing the exact same build and unit composition, because there was literally only one single viable strategy.

News Comments > PUBG Sells 20M
12. *duplicate* Nov 8, 2017, 10:27 Jagacademy

*duplicate*  

News Comments > PUBG Sells 20M
11. Re: PUBG Sells 20M Nov 8, 2017, 10:22 Jagacademy

Quinn wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 09:27:
Graphics are below mediocre.

Graphics are actually really good, most people just run at low because a higher ping gives you a competitive advantage.

Gameplay is a pathetic mess.

In what way? I did have one low speed vehicle collision that resulted in both vehicles exploding, but that's the only bug I've run into in the last 100+ games. Dropping, looting, moving, shooting, peaking, changing stance, all feels relatively natural. Hitting a window frame while shooting or getting stopped on a one foot cliff in your vehicle happens very occasionally, but it's easy to avoid once you know to do so.

There's no sense of achievement. No awards, no real co-op worth mentioning.

Winning a 1 vs 99 free for all is "no sense of achievement"? You are awarded with cosmetic items you can sell, I've made over $400 playing this game in my spare time. No real co-op worth mentioning? 4-player Squad is the most popular game mode.

I am very, very worried about the impact this game will have on the PC gaming industry.

A positive one. Developers see there is still massive income potential in games developed for PC first, instead of being second hand console port gimmicks.

If this garbage can pull in 20M players, why the fuck create games like The Witcher anymore...
The games have completely different demographics. A game with the quality of The Witcher will still result in overwhelming success, no matter how many Battleground clones exist.

I apologize, but I disagree with literally every point you've made.

News Comments > HITMAN: Game of the Year Edition
9. Re: HITMAN: Game of the Year Edition Nov 7, 2017, 15:46 Jagacademy

I tried a couple of these in the past, but they always felt too "scripted".

Hard to describe, but this is what I mean: "Press X to do Y". But X doesn't come naturally, it's a scripted event. For example, X could be anything, such as "loosening the cable, so that it falls and electrocutes person taking a bath." There would be dozens of such cables in the game that you can't interact with whatsoever, but this one in particular can be loosened. Just feels fake and scripted to me. Like the gameplay is nothing more than just being given a choice of possible X's to choose from, nothing feels like I am organically acting with the game world.

Does this feel the same? Guess I will try the demo.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Released
2. Here I come! Nov 3, 2017, 12:26 Jagacademy

I just bought this console trash and started downloading...

I'll be back later to complain about it.

219 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo