Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Jagacademy

Real Name Jagacademy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jagacademy
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 26, 2015, 19:29
Total Comments 369 (Amateur)
User ID 58230

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Layoffs at Daybreak

2. Re: Layoffs at Daybreak Oct 13, 2019, 01:11 Jagacademy

NKD wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 22:22:
I'm honestly shocked that they are still in business at all. All their games are absolute ghost towns. They must have cut costs to ridiculously low levels and be floating on just a few whales.

Agreed, downloaded the recently released Planetside: Arena and it's dead on arrival.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No EGS Exclusivity for EVERSPACE 2

8. Re: No EGS Exclusivity for EVERSPACE 2 Oct 7, 2019, 13:02 Jagacademy

I previously had no intention of buying this, but going to do so now.

News Comments > French Court Says Steam Should Allow Game Resales

39. Re: French Court Says Steam Should Allow Game Resales Sep 20, 2019, 11:03 Jagacademy

For years I would buy games at release, install them, then throw them on Ebay for $5 less than I paid.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Livestream

2. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Livestream Sep 17, 2019, 21:17 Jagacademy

I'm confused on the cross platform play, how are console players going to respond to continuously getting annihilated by PC players?  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

4. Early Crypto Sep 7, 2019, 00:38 Jagacademy

I invested my life savings into crypto in 2013. Spent 3 1/2 years religiously reading every new piece of information, every forum post, every news article, every argument for/against, etc. I just knew, KNEW, it was going to explode in value. (At one point I owned 5% of all NEM, which became a Top 10 marketcap coin)

In early 2017 I started an anti-depressant called Wellbutrin which over the course of two months made me hypomanic, resulting in terrible decision making. Ended up selling all my crypto for minimal profit in March, literally a week before it started it's exponential rise. The part that is so bizzare, and makes me question whether I am in some kind of Twilight Zone, is that in the back of my mind when I was selling I was telling myself "Just wait and see what the value is on Christmas Day, don't look at it until then." If I had listened to my intuition, I would have logged into $200 million.

Since then I've started drinking, suffer from bouts of suicidal tendancies, and will go into hysterics anytime I think about it.

So not everyone who invested early came out ahead, some of us are still haunted everyday.

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 3 Early Access

1. Re: Starpoint Gemini 3 Early Access Sep 5, 2019, 12:34 Jagacademy

I enjoyed Starpoint Gemini 2 to a point, my only real complaint is that the galaxy seemed lonely and lifeless.

Anybody play this one yet?

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic Launches

5. Re: World of Warcraft Classic Launches Aug 26, 2019, 21:08 Jagacademy

RaZ0r! wrote on Aug 26, 2019, 19:53:
You will melt faces as a Shadow Priest in PvP

Pain in the ass to gear one though. Nobody wants a Shadow Priest in a raid (maybe 1 in a 40 man) so you're stuck playing Holy forever trying to get geared up.

News Comments > WoW Classic Population Control

36. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 19, 2019, 00:26 Jagacademy

Kxmode wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 21:06:
Whatever. I know where I'm going to be on 8/26. I'm going to have fun.

Will be the most exciting 6 weeks of your life.

News Comments > WoW Classic Population Control

29. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 18, 2019, 12:08 Jagacademy

There will be mass population loss within 3-6 months.

Most of the people excited about Classic never even played it, they've just always been butthurt because they feel like they missed out on the good ole days others talk about.

It was boring, repetitive, tedious, and other than "Go kill X of Y" verbatim ad infinium there wasn't much of anything else to do...that's why they kept releasing expansions with more content.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out

10. Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Jun 7, 2019, 17:49 Jagacademy

jdreyer wrote on Jun 7, 2019, 16:13:
Played the original Diablo last night. It's nice to know next time I play that I'll be on the same map, with all the places I've been still cleared.

Does it automatically stretch to full widescreen? If not, easy to patch? Last time I looked into it, the widescreen was only available with patches that added a lot of other stuff onto the game.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization

4. Re: Evening Mobilization May 29, 2019, 23:25 Jagacademy

Mr. Tact wrote on May 29, 2019, 21:21:
I've always disliked customer satisfaction ratings/surveys. Basically, in most situations, if you don't max out the ratings it is effectively like kicking the person in the head.
Exactly. Bought a car recently, and got a rundown about how if they don't get a perfect 10 afterwards in all 20 survey categories it's essentially like getting an F. What is the point then?

News Comments > Rage 2 Reviews

6. Re: Rage 2 Reviews May 13, 2019, 10:57 Jagacademy

"Fluid combat but the open world isn't worth investing your time into"

I was afraid of that. Another game where a half assed open world was throw in as an afterthought just to bait some extra sales.

News Comments > Battlefield V Gets Battlefield Currency

23. Re: Battlefield V Gets Battlefield Currency Apr 4, 2019, 20:29 Jagacademy

Sometimes, but wouldn't make a habit out of it.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2019, 09:45 Jagacademy

I don't know how anyone can honestly argue with a straight face that sales for Metro haven't suffered due to their exclusivity agreement with a platform that has an order of magnitude less traffic than others. They've already admitted that most of the game's sales have come from the PS4 market and they won't even release the PC sales metrics.  

News Comments > etc.

1. Re: etc. Feb 3, 2019, 17:06 Jagacademy

I am loving the Jack Black gaming channel. He is trolling kids who want to see current games and showing retro gems instead.  

News Comments > Battlerite Royale Free Weekend

1. Re: Battlerite Royale Free Weekend Dec 7, 2018, 22:15 Jagacademy

It's a fun game, but very difficult to win, as you're playing against Battlerite players with 1,000+ hours of experience. (and it's not a 1 shot kill shooter where anybody can essentially get lucky), a skilled player is going to beat you pretty handidly no matter what you do.  

News Comments > etc.

6. Steam Link Nov 20, 2018, 15:03 Jagacademy

The funny thing is that I bought my Steam Link earlier this year for $5 when they were 90% off for several months.

Steam announces they are being discontinued and are almost out, suddenly they are now a Steam best seller despite being listed at their original $50 price.

News Comments > Game Reviews

7. Re: Game Reviews Nov 17, 2018, 21:29 Jagacademy

Beamer wrote on Nov 17, 2018, 15:02:
No. It's a multiplayer game.
Although I understood the points you were trying to make, I've seen day one reviews for 10,000 other online only games, so I can't assume those are the reasons why not a single one of the dozens of reviewer publications haven't posted theirs for Fallout 76 yet.

News Comments > Game Reviews

1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 17, 2018, 14:14 Jagacademy

The fact that 76 has been out for days and not one single mainstream review has been released is very suspicous. Are they all afraid of the Bethesda "fallout" if they publish a bad review? So they're all waiting with baited breathe to see who goes first?  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Remaster Details

10. Re: Command & Conquer Remaster Details Nov 14, 2018, 21:46 Jagacademy

The single player campaigns were good, but for competitive multiplayer both games were garbage. There was no balance whatsoever, one single tactic would beat all others. I remember watching a Red Alert tournament in which every single player was using the exact same build pattern and units.

The W3 Remaster will be an order of magnitude more successful than these.

369 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >