Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Jagacademy

Real Name Jagacademy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jagacademy
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On August 26, 2015
Supporter -
Total Comments 384 (Amateur)
User ID 58230

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed

19. Re: Op Ed Feb 23, 2020, 01:50 Jagacademy

I have no problem whatsoever with multiple platforms existing. What I don't like is being forced against my will to use one or the other, which Epic has done with their dirty underhanded anti-consumer tactics.

If you want to compete with Steam, do it by offering a better service. If not, then screw off.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metro Exodus Comes to Steam Next Week

23. Re: Metro Exodus Comes to Steam Next Week Feb 7, 2020, 18:12 Jagacademy

Any game that boycott's Steam should be boycotted by Steam users.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization

1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 19, 2020, 00:50 Jagacademy

It was always just a niche game with a small cult following, and then out of nowhere the playerbase expanded exponentially recently. Did they have a major update, or?  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year

24. Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 14, 2020, 12:41 Jagacademy

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 12:33:
Itís no different than when Steam, GOG, Humble Bundle or other stores give away games.
Sure it is. Steam, GOG, and Humble Bundle aren't committing anti-consumer practices while doing so. You really just can't wrap your head around this can you? The "free games" are a red herring.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 12, 2020, 17:49 Jagacademy

Number #1 game with an "Overwhelmingly Negative" score. It's like these sheep just instabuy games without checking a single review.  

News Comments > Get Hello Neighbor for Free

8. Re: Get Hello Neighbor for Free Dec 30, 2019, 12:00 Jagacademy

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 30, 2019, 11:58:

Just a reminder, there are people who have their panties wadded way up their ass about EGS. Don't be that guy.

Ahh, there are others that are speaking out about it as well? That's great to hear, you either fight tyranny or succumb to it.

News Comments > GOG.com Winter Sale Finale - Get Tower of Time for Free

4. removed Dec 30, 2019, 11:44 Jagacademy

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 30, 2019, 17:39.

News Comments > Get Hello Neighbor for Free

4. Re: Get Hello Neighbor for Free Dec 30, 2019, 11:34 Jagacademy

Just a reminder that Epic is committing anti-consumer acts while simultaneously trying to bribe you into turning a blind eye. Don't be a sheep.  

News Comments > Get The Talos Principle for Free

12. Re: Get The Talos Principle for Free Dec 29, 2019, 14:58 Jagacademy

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 29, 2019, 13:10:
Why do free things bother you so much. Don't worry numbnuts, the giveaways will cease soon and you'll have to fixate on something else.

It's a matter of "principle". (See what I did there?) Think of how many wrongs have been permitted in human history because people were incentivized to look away.

News Comments > Get Shadow Tactics for Free

22. removed Dec 29, 2019, 13:12 Jagacademy

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 30, 2019, 08:37.

News Comments > Get The Talos Principle for Free

2. removed Dec 29, 2019, 13:05 Jagacademy

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 30, 2019, 17:48.

News Comments > Warcraft III: Reforged Forges Ahead Next Month

3. Re: Warcraft III: Reforged Forges Ahead Next Month Dec 17, 2019, 23:48 Jagacademy

I started playing Warcraft 1 again for nostalgia yesterday and was surprised to see the intro movie literally end with the words "Welcome to the World of Warcraft". First mission even sends you to the Swamp of Sorrows.

Amazing how this whole journey seemed preordained.

News Comments > GOG.com Winter Sale Includes Free Wastelands 2

7. Re: GOG.com Winter Sale Includes Free Wastelands 2 Dec 11, 2019, 13:31 Jagacademy

Wastelands 2 Director's Cut for free is actually pretty noteworthy. When Epic gives a game away for free it normally costs $1.99 and their fans are like "ERMAHGERD!!!" anyways.

News Comments > Insurgency: Sandstorm Free Week

1. Re: Insurgency: Sandstorm Free Week Dec 11, 2019, 09:57 Jagacademy

I feel like this game has been free and/or on sale 647 times already.

At what point do you just start giving the game away?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Royale Details?

4. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Royale Details? Nov 17, 2019, 14:51 Jagacademy

They need to hurry, these CoD's have a life expectancy of about six months to a year as it is, and this ones low TTK and camping meta is turning people over quickly. It might be too late by the time this is released.  

News Comments > Layoffs at Daybreak

2. Re: Layoffs at Daybreak Oct 13, 2019, 01:11 Jagacademy

NKD wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 22:22:
I'm honestly shocked that they are still in business at all. All their games are absolute ghost towns. They must have cut costs to ridiculously low levels and be floating on just a few whales.

Agreed, downloaded the recently released Planetside: Arena and it's dead on arrival.

News Comments > No EGS Exclusivity for EVERSPACE 2

8. Re: No EGS Exclusivity for EVERSPACE 2 Oct 7, 2019, 13:02 Jagacademy

I previously had no intention of buying this, but going to do so now.

News Comments > French Court Says Steam Should Allow Game Resales

39. Re: French Court Says Steam Should Allow Game Resales Sep 20, 2019, 11:03 Jagacademy

For years I would buy games at release, install them, then throw them on Ebay for $5 less than I paid.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Livestream

2. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Livestream Sep 17, 2019, 21:17 Jagacademy

I'm confused on the cross platform play, how are console players going to respond to continuously getting annihilated by PC players?  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

4. Early Crypto Sep 7, 2019, 00:38 Jagacademy

I invested my life savings into crypto in 2013. Spent 3 1/2 years religiously reading every new piece of information, every forum post, every news article, every argument for/against, etc. I just knew, KNEW, it was going to explode in value. (At one point I owned 5% of all NEM, which became a Top 10 marketcap coin)

In early 2017 I started an anti-depressant called Wellbutrin which over the course of two months made me hypomanic, resulting in terrible decision making. Ended up selling all my crypto for minimal profit in March, literally a week before it started it's exponential rise. The part that is so bizzare, and makes me question whether I am in some kind of Twilight Zone, is that in the back of my mind when I was selling I was telling myself "Just wait and see what the value is on Christmas Day, don't look at it until then." If I had listened to my intuition, I would have logged into $200 million.

Since then I've started drinking, suffer from bouts of suicidal tendancies, and will go into hysterics anytime I think about it.

So not everyone who invested early came out ahead, some of us are still haunted everyday.

384 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >