Descending
Limit Results:

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
Oct 5, 2015, 11:42
Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 11:42
Oct 5, 2015, 11:42

Is it just me, or have people already decided one way or another whether they think Star Citizen will succeed or fail? It seems like every time there is "news" like this posted, both sides see it as evidence they are right.

Oct 5, 2015, 11:16
Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 11:16
Oct 5, 2015, 11:16

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 11:04:

You read how they Skyped the ex-employee's and even some showed their pay-stubs from CIG? Would you like them to produce hair samples so they can compare air samples in the follicles with those in the offices they worked?

So they have a printer and a word processor? Even if they were former employees, it doesn't mean what they are saying is true. I was a recon marine, and our biggest "haters" were the guys that failed or quit RIP and BRC.

Oct 5, 2015, 10:59
Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 10:59
Oct 5, 2015, 10:59

CIG's issue is not that The Escapist posted something bad about Star Citizen/CIG. The issue is that they posted an article with no journalistic integrity. Nothing was checked or verified, and CIG was not provided the opportunity to respond to any of the claims. The Escapist sent a list of questions and gave CIG just a few hours to respond - which they did, but none of the questions related to the most serious claims the article made. In my opinion, CIG is right to go after the Escapist for posting a bunch of (apparently) made up crap.

People should read the CIG letter to the Escapist in its entirety (4 pages). It lists things such as the Escapist "verifying" a former employee's ID card, when CIG doesn't even use ID cards. (A journalist would have contacted CIG, "Hey, do you all use ID cards? If so, what to they look like and how could you verify one is authentic?")

I'm a backer of Star Citizen, and I want it to succeed. If they are doing something wrong, I would like to know. But I also don't want my time wasted by sites like the Escapist posting unverified BS to get hits on their website.

I could claim to be a former CIG employee, too. I can even "verify" it by showing you the secret CIG handshake (that we use instead of ID cards). CR murders a baby kitten each time we miss a Star Marine release date, which is every day. Sometimes he makes us do it - with our bare hands. Then he burns $10,000 in cash of backers' money - literally, a bon fire. It's totally true. You can read the rest of the terrible "truth" in my article on my advertisement-riddled website...

Re: DCS World & L-39 Albatros Betas
Oct 2, 2015, 14:32
Re: DCS World & L-39 Albatros Betas Oct 2, 2015, 14:32
Oct 2, 2015, 14:32

There was Shahoh's DCS Mustang Racing earlier this year. I don't know if it's still going on.

The development team was up for days getting the update ready to release to open beta. They had said they wanted it out at the end of September, and did absolutely everything they could to follow through.

The update ran perfectly for me. It is gorgeous and my FPS increased significantly with the update to 1.5. I'm really looking forward to the release of the Nevada map.

DCS World is free, and the modules occasionally go on sale. Definitely worth a try for anyone remotely interested in simulators.

Re: Red Baron Revival Update
Sep 22, 2015, 11:38
Re: Red Baron Revival Update Sep 22, 2015, 11:38
Sep 22, 2015, 11:38

How will this simulator be better than Rise of Flight?

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser
Aug 4, 2015, 09:37
Re: Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser Aug 4, 2015, 09:37
Aug 4, 2015, 09:37

Space battles may be a DLC - but the optimistic and moronic side of me hopes perhaps they are staying away from space battles so as to not step on their own toes - X-Wing vs TIE Fighter II.
6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older