Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Peter M. Smith

Real Name Peter M. Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 10, 2015, 20:13
Total Comments 165 (Novice)
User ID 58211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2017, 09:43 Peter M. Smith

National Taco Day and National Vodka Day are the same day? The new Taco Bell Cantina is going to be *packed*.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 22, 2017, 14:54 Peter M. Smith

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 11:01:
Like anyone is going to notice HDR support on a phone, rofl.

*adjusts HDR settings on my Lumia 950*

Sorry, what were you talking about? I had to tweak some pictures I took of my daughter this week.

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback System Specs
9. Re: etc. Sep 20, 2017, 16:30 Peter M. Smith

deqer wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 11:07:
Can an engineer explain to me why it's taking humans so fucking long to create bigger hard drives?

Why is there not a 10TB SSD yet?

I can pick up a 4TB SSD from Intel. It has to drop into a PCI-E 3.0 slot, and will only cost me $9k. I don't want to think what a 10TB drive is going to cost these days.

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
27. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 14:22 Peter M. Smith

jdreyer wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 13:58:
We Americans think of Canada as our 51st state, so it's easy to forget that you have a separate currency.

Speak for yourself, friend. I consider Canada as our natural resource production area. Puerto Rico gets the 51st state designation.

26. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 14:20 Peter M. Smith

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 13:41:
Or you could try not to be like every other self-obsessed American asshole and just assume that when someone is throwing out different numbers they're from somewhere else, jackass.

The day you drop the shitty attitude is the day before I start treating you like an adult.

4. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 12:09 Peter M. Smith

Flatline wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:03:
54? I paid 32 dollars like 2 days ago. It's 40 bucks retail and will probably go on sale pretty soon.

It's also a 30 gig DLC. There's a lot of content and it probably should be seen as a proper expansion and not just "DLC".

Cutter will conveniently forget to tell you that he's talking about Canadian dollars.

News Comments > Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn Announced
3. Re: Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn Announced Aug 3, 2017, 13:23 Peter M. Smith

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 13:17:
For money or for free?

The last story pack (Leviathans) was $10USD, so I suspect this one will be as well. That being said, so far every one of the DLC I've seen released by Paradox for Stellaris and Hearts of Iron IV has included a free update for the base game.

News Comments > Civilization VI Summer Patch
3. Re: Civilization VI Summer Patch Jul 31, 2017, 13:58 Peter M. Smith

Fion wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 13:31:
Game has improved quite dramatically since it first came out. New Civs are all fantastic, with their own niches & play styles. AI improves with every patch, with the Spring patch improving it greatly. Still has its weak points, but mods are available via Steam Workshop, Nexus and Civfanatics that patch up those holes, like the AI+ mod.

Then there are mods that add other systems from Civ 5, like Production Queue.

But just as Civ 5 was pretty barebones with especially weak AI out the gate, only to be fixed through expansions, Civ 6 has been fixed in this way through seasonal updates.

Have you played Nubia yet? Just reading over the entry she seems a bit OP.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday
17. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday Jul 18, 2017, 12:07 Peter M. Smith

Task wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 14:51:
Um, ok? Challenge accepted. Someone has made a scorpion model for BT and they are hoping to import it in - just needs animation (the tricky part).

As I said, I wish them the best of luck getting the animation to look good. While I'm not much of a fan of the Scorpion (or the Goliath), the Stalking Spider has always a place in my heart.

8. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday Jul 17, 2017, 14:04 Peter M. Smith

Task wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 11:29:
Regards to this thread, one thing that would genuinely impress me with MWO is if they actually added a Scorpion or Goliath. There has been no quad in MW game since 2.

Getting the animation worked out so the Quads would move without looking stupid? Good luck with that.

5. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday Jul 17, 2017, 11:08 Peter M. Smith

I just took a look at the link in your sig, that's some pretty cool stuff going on.  

3. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday Jul 17, 2017, 08:37 Peter M. Smith

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 07:31:
I am surprised this game is still running. I would have thought by now the whales would have left for new horizons.

The longer this game runs, the more BattleMechs are available for HBS's BattleTech game. For that reason alone I wish MWO the greatest success.

News Comments > Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up
92. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jul 2, 2017, 09:43 Peter M. Smith

Orogogus wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 17:04:
If it bothers people that wrongdoers don't get banned instead of just having posts removed, this board may just not be a good fit.

I look at a conversation on a message board in the same manner that I look to a conversation face-to-face. I usually deal with people who spout off in anti-social manners by ignoring them the first few times. If the escalate to the point of suggesting that the end of Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back is an acceptable approach to life, that needs to be called out and dealt with. Kick them out of the pool for a week or a month. Make it perfectly clear that better behavior is expected here. When I was running a message forum with a few thousand active members that's how we dealt with things.

89. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 28, 2017, 09:06 Peter M. Smith

Orogogus wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 17:57:
If I had to hazard a guess, it's because Cutter posts a lot and many of the posts aren't just attacks...

Which is crap. A call for violence is still a call for violence, even if it's only a few percentage posts of the poster's overall count.

78. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 27, 2017, 09:53 Peter M. Smith

Simon Says wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 21:56:
Asmodai wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 19:49:
Big companies dealing in millions of dollars do shit like this because it saves them money, in some cases quite astounding amounts of money. It's the reason why big companies get bigger while fucking ignorant dirt farmers sit around on forums picking navel lint and bitching about everything. ;)

*Butthurt backer radar pinging*

He might be a backer, he might not be. Doesn't mean he's not right. My wife is the same as his, which is why I'm able to do what I posted early in this thread.

5. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 26, 2017, 10:55 Peter M. Smith

Timmeh wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 10:20:
plus... obviously... they are getting and using the money for whatever they can get away with.

I'm buying a car in the next month or two. With the liquid assets I have one option is to buy the car, rather than financing it. And yet I might take out a loan, if the costs of the loan are less than the returns I'll get from moving those assets into my portfolio.

That's basic money management, and it's the same thing as what CGI UK is doing. Only on a smaller scale in my part. Does that mean I'm using my money "...for whatever I can get away with"?

News Comments > Steam Direct Fee is $100
18. Re: Steam Direct Fee is $100 Jun 3, 2017, 08:56 Peter M. Smith

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 06:22:
Valve has to pay a huge fleet of fast servers all around the world to keep tens of millions of people connected and happy, they keep developing new features and bug fixes. That is not as a small job as you make it look like.

Infrastructure isn't cheap. Between purchase costs, staffing costs, and ongoing maintenance, there's a lot of money tied up in it. And given Steam's position and visibility I dare say a higher percentages of their systems are Tier 1 than people might expect. They may even have more than networking equipment in the Tier 0 slot.

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Jun 2, 2017, 12:38 Peter M. Smith

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 2, 2017, 11:21:
Im very excited for this. An immersive mercenary single player campaign, and a well fleshed out multiplayer component based on the Battletech universe and rulebook?

What on Terra could be better?

As long as you understand that "based on" is not a 1:1 translation of the rules. Still a fun game, even though it's a little skirmish game right now.

News Comments > New Intel CPU Announcements
41. Re: Morning Mobilization May 30, 2017, 22:09 Peter M. Smith

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on May 30, 2017, 21:54:
The only variety of gamer who would benefit from the i9 line is the aforementioned streamers.

And Brad Wardell.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 24, 2017, 21:55 Peter M. Smith

I see articles like this, and I think back to my last trip through SeaTac. Shoes left on, belt left on, laptop left in my backpack, wearing my jacket. It was like I was flying in 1999...only in 2015.  

165 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo