Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Peter M. Smith

Real Name Peter M. Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 10, 2015, 20:13
Total Comments 165 (Novice)
User ID 58211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Crytek Suing Cloud Imperium
41. Re: Crytek Suing Cloud Imperium Dec 15, 2017, 12:55 Peter M. Smith

NewMaxx wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 11:40:
It's all in the document.

In that Agreement, Defendants promised, among other things, (i) to use the CryEngine game development platform exclusively and to promote that platform within the video game, (ii) to collaborate with Crytek on CryEngine development, and (iii) to take a number of steps to ensure that Crytek's intellectual property was protected. Defendants utterly failed to follow through on those promises

After listening to a lot of Leonard French, here's my take:

This is what one party is claiming the other party did/didn't do. It's for the court to decide where the truth in the statement is.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > They Are Billions Early Access
1. Re: They Are Billions Early Access Dec 12, 2017, 19:30 Peter M. Smith

I've watched ChristopherOdd do some Let's Play videos for this game. It has this interesting Warcraft RTS feel to the units, though I feel like the Rangers overplay their sexuality in the selection audio.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced
41. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced Dec 12, 2017, 00:39 Peter M. Smith

Orogogus wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 14:23:
Yeah, a stock 3025 Shadow Hawk is heat neutral, and can't generate any heat barring damage or special environmental conditions.

The SHD-2D disagrees with you, but the -2H and -2K both think you're a good dude.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced
34. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced Dec 11, 2017, 13:54 Peter M. Smith

Flatline wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 12:48:
It's a lot of fun. Probably... 75-80% faithful to the tabletop. Most of the changes I understand and agree/am fine with. Some I have issues with. Nothing is a show stopper for me.

What did you have an issue with?

7. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced Dec 10, 2017, 15:02 Peter M. Smith

Yeah yeah gameplay. I'm more curious to see how the lawsuit ends up.  

News Comments > Stellaris Humanoids Species Pack Released
5. Re: Stellaris Humanoids Species Pack Released Dec 7, 2017, 14:58 Peter M. Smith

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 14:51:
This is like the one thing this game doesn't need. Superficial variety. The last expansion pack that added AI races was pretty good. The game would be perfect if it added more variety that actually reflected in specific gameplay changes. As it is playing with most of the species in the game feels exactly the same with each playthrough.

The dev team is working on a gameplay expansion. I don't see an issue with the art team having an expansion to call their own. It's not like there's a great amount of overlap between the teams, so you're not dealing with a "rob Peter to pay Paul" scenario.

News Comments > Stellaris Humanoids Species Pack Released
1. Re: Stellaris Humanoids Species Pack Released Dec 7, 2017, 10:52 Peter M. Smith

Love the game, but I think I'll wait on a sale to pick this up.  

News Comments > The Battle for Star Control Continues
12. Re: The Battle for Star Control Continues Dec 7, 2017, 08:58 Peter M. Smith

Numinar wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 23:59:
Havenít tried the Xcom2 expansion yet maybe that brings a bit more of that back.

It doesn't. It's still a helluva lot of fun, but in a different manner.

News Comments > Stellaris Humanoids Species Pack Next Month
10. Re: Stellaris Humanoids Species Pack Next Month Nov 25, 2017, 09:56 Peter M. Smith

Numinar wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 19:02:
Why all the butthurt?

It's the Internet. People will be butthurt the minute you hit "Post".

News Comments > Stellaris Humanoids Species Pack Next Month
6. Re: Stellaris Humanoids Species Pack Next Month Nov 24, 2017, 09:44 Peter M. Smith

MT Silver wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 13:54:
I dunno... Price is kind of steep for what you get. Just ten portraits? :-/

Plus the ship models, the voiceovers, and the music work.

But I get where you're coming from. Do I want to drop eight bucks on this? Probably not. But the great thing is I don't need to. I can pick up the gameplay DLC and skip the cosmetic DLC, as they're sold separately.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition Revealed
18. Re: Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition Revealed Nov 21, 2017, 16:01 Peter M. Smith

Cutter wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 15:25:
Avoid any licensing issues by using established properties...

The fastest way to run into licensing issues is to use established properties.

News Comments > Hearts of Iron IV: Waking the Tiger Announced
4. Re: AMD on Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus on AMD Nov 16, 2017, 11:51 Peter M. Smith

JSP wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 19:47:
Isn't it more waking the Lion? Traditionally China was described as a 'sleeping lion'.

There's a quote attributed to Mao: "In waking a tiger, use a long stick."

News Comments > Hearts of Iron IV: Waking the Tiger Announced
1. Re: Hearts of Iron IV: Waking the Tiger Announced Nov 15, 2017, 11:10 Peter M. Smith

I'm looking forward to seeing if the expansion will include attaching air wings to armies, allowing them to automatically rebase at forward air fields. Combined arms? Yes please!  

News Comments > Newegg in Hot Water
18. Re: Newegg Accused of Ponzi Scheme Oct 24, 2017, 14:31 Peter M. Smith

A Ponzi scheme requires new investors to come in, using their investments to pay the old investors. I'm not sure where we're seeing that with Newegg. Now Hong-Seok Park *was* convicted of operating a Ponzi scheme, but this issue with Newegg looks like a garden variety case of fraud.  

News Comments > CD Projekt RED on Cyberpunk 2077 Progress and Employee Dissent
12. Re: CD Projekt RED on Cyberpunk 2077 Progress and Employee Dissent Oct 16, 2017, 15:24 Peter M. Smith

Beamer wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 12:33:
But yeah, Cyberpunk sounds like they want to vary it enough to be endlessly replayable.

Can you imagine if CDPR went with Shadowrun instead of Cyberpunk? All that chrome goodness, but then throw Tolkien in on top of it?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2017, 12:30 Peter M. Smith

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 11:17:
I'm not sure if soda taxes are a good idea or not.
In the case of Cook County (this tax wasn't enacted at the city level, it's a county-level tax) soda tax there was no desire to improve the health of the citizens of the county. Only the health of the county's bottom line. The first thing Toni Preckwinkle said after the tax was repealed was there would be across-the-board cuts coming, as the county was (if I remember the report from news radio) expecting $200m from the tax.

Even though I don't live in the county, I work in the county, so I was roped into dealing with this nonsense. I ended up bringing in my drinks from home and storing at my desk, rather than dealing with the additional taxes.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2017, 15:21 Peter M. Smith

jdreyer wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 14:15:
At least there is no snow planet.

Uhh...Snowtroopers and an ice fox would like to have a word with you.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 11:41 Peter M. Smith

deqer wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 10:24:
The only reason I clicked "I agree" was so I could login and access my previously purchased games.

Please tell me if you ever go to court over this matter. I would love to see the look on your face when the judge explains to you what agreements mean, and the look on your lawyer's face when they get threatened with sanctions.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2017, 10:45 Peter M. Smith

Fist bump on the proper Chipotle ordering etiquette.

*fistbump*

Still, I'm not sold on chorizo in general. Nor am I too keen on their queso, or at least I'm not keen on paying what they want me to pay.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2017, 10:24 Peter M. Smith

PHJF wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 10:10:
But Taco Tuesday was yesterday...

You restrict the days you eat tacos to one per week? Heathen.

165 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo