Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 431 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 16, 2016, 15:17 ZeroPike1

These guys are crazy, or just dumb as hell.

I look at Steam today, its on an incredible growth trajectory, Xbox boss Phil Spencer said. Its a massive force in gaming; a positive force. I think it will be bigger a year from now than it is today. And five years later it will still be bigger again.

I would say it has growth, looking at my steam stats now at 10million plus active user's atm. They really just do not understand the PC market place at all. I think this whole Xbox closed environment thing they were doing for years still plagues there minds.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2016, 06:30 ZeroPike1

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 13:00:
nin wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 12:40:
I have no idea where mine is, or my birth cert, for that matter...
I had what turned out to be a legally insufficient copy of my birth certificate. Found out when I applied for my passport. Fortunately, it wasn't too tough to get a legally sufficient one from a state agency in the state of my birth (New York).

For whatever it is worth, I was just curious on your age, I wasn't attempting to be critical in any way. And frankly, I'm more impressed you'd pursue it at 41 than say 19. I hate school. Somehow I managed to finish a two year degree, and have investigated finishing my bachelor's multiple times. But in the end I've always not done anything even though it would have been helpful in potential employment situations. That's how much I hate school...

You probably had the paper they hand to your parents at the hospital. Which is legally useless. I had the same problem myself when I got my passport. And as with you thankfully it was New York, and one thing New York likes is paperwork.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 16, 2016, 06:20 ZeroPike1

Well nice to know somebody enjoys having my photo aside from my wife and mom. My passport photo and some other information is sitting in and FBI computer-file somewhere.  

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Video
14. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Video Jun 16, 2016, 06:16 ZeroPike1

I will see how this game plays out. But I'm generally not looking forward to it. I hope its good, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Wonder if it will have 3 colored coded endings like Mass Effect 3 did? Red, Green or Blue guys? which ending color is best for you?

News Comments > Overwatch Roadmap
8. Re: Overwatch Roadmap Jun 16, 2016, 06:13 ZeroPike1

Well I played my fair share, but I've backed away from it for a bit. Until they fix some of my pet peeves with the game over all. I had alot of fun and I will still play it on and off, just not dedicated at all to it.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 VR Plans
6. Re: Fallout 4 VR Plans Jun 13, 2016, 11:02 ZeroPike1

My male stray cat I found on my doorstep one morning and took in would raise its legs when outside to pee. Would use litter box like normal if I did not let him out. Was an awesome cat.

Here's hoping they make a fun game with it. Maybe get on-board the VR train as well provided games like bridge commander, and fallout and other things make it enough.

News Comments > Star Trek VR Game Plans
2. Re: Star Trek VR Game Plans Jun 12, 2016, 11:26 ZeroPike1

Well the whole VR "thing" just popped up on my radar. Looking forward to more things like this.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 10, 2016, 06:22 ZeroPike1

Ahh NY TWC. I had super luck and had a node just outside of my house I was connected to. Made my speed 1.8 MB/sec downloading and trash uploading still. The connection would always need repair during season changes, because it would gather a ton of steam and rust away the metal cable connections inside the node.

Tech guys would always see my speed being fairly fast compared to others cause of the node. By the time I was leaving the US my connection was shot again and disconnecting and reconnecting itself every hour. Which is honestly normal kinda.

Now I sit on a European Muni-Broadband connection which has once in a blue moon connection problems. I do not miss the hell on earth TWC brought. Tech guys called it fast... what the hell. I miss a couple things from my home, bad internet is not one of them.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 in November
3. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 13:17 ZeroPike1

The city itself looks pretty smooth and I kinda like it. But hopefully they include things like "fun" and "interesting" this time around.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 8, 2016, 13:13 ZeroPike1

siapnar wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 09:14:
It's incredibly hard to balance this many characters, who each have very different abilities. I'm not surprised they "cheated" a bit with the hitboxes, and it certainly shouldn't warrant an uproar

The hell? do not apologize for them, this is there game. In a game filled with characters that cheat in there own special way. Getting killed by somebody who's long/mid/short range weapon can change direction mid flight and kill you in one hit, without using a "super" should not be one of them I feel.

5. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 8, 2016, 06:33 ZeroPike1

MattyC wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 05:04:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 03:56:
And nothing about the recent proof about the Hit Box problem. I knew about it in beta but somebody actually put it to the test with video showing just how bad it is. Ether have Blizz come up with some sort of solution, or at least try to explain it away.

What exactly are you talking about? I am not discounting your post at all, I am serious. I haven't heard anymore complaints about hitboxes than usual in Overwatch. That said, I usually play a healer, so I could miss some things there.

Is it rubber banding? Clipping? Generic hit box gripes?

Well Moonspook there has a video about it and I thank him for posting. but There is a bit more detailed and tested video out with way more then hanzo. Easy Overwatch Headshots

Do not get me too wrong I love the game, and will continue to play it. But after seeing the video I will not take getting killed in cheap ways so badly anymore. That game is full of cheap-cheaty things already, but as the video points out some of it is kinda, well, wrong. blizz is wrong.

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 2016, 06:41.

2. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 8, 2016, 03:56 ZeroPike1

And nothing about the recent proof about the Hit Box problem. I knew about it in beta but somebody actually put it to the test with video showing just how bad it is. Ether have Blizz come up with some sort of solution, or at least try to explain it away.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer
16. Re: Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer Jun 7, 2016, 13:28 ZeroPike1

So much hype now-days. Hashtags and other crazy crap. 15seconds of gameplay! this is important now!

I refuse to ride this hype train dammit. Too old for this sort of thing when it comes to games.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 7, 2016, 13:23 ZeroPike1

well my experience with my phone, is that its ether a look at my phone or stare off into space. Specifically when I'm traveling or waiting for something. Otherwise phone is in my pocket. It would make me look like I live off the thing to anybody passing by, but in reality it just passes the time.

So not sure what they can get from "91 undergraduate students" even more so as Cutter mentioned its not a wide enough focus group for anything.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation- F4 Mods Jun 6, 2016, 11:41 ZeroPike1

Well you would hope it would be curated properly I imagine. They should have partnered with Nexus mods or something to make this a non-thing. But they went with there closed environment bethesda.net thing. Which means in the end you get people publishing other peoples mods as there own and no way to trace it back to the source creator. (at least, not with out a little investigation, but nobody does that, they just want the mod working)

A devils advocate thought would be Beth. is trying to knock out the Nexus all together and expand its own system. But if they are going to use the "Steam Greenlight" system of not giving a crap what stuff comes from where and just putting complete non-sense on its mod lists, then Beth. can sod right off.

News Comments > WoW Increasing Draw Distances
13. Re: WoW Increasing Draw Distances Jun 6, 2016, 04:38 ZeroPike1

Well that's the sticky part, they have to try to keep the game looking good, running well, and visually appealing to alot of computer configs. Even more so for WoW which is old as hell. As much as I personally would love a super GFX overhaul of the game to like Overwatch and Doom levels of amazing...

I have to remember that they have to balance things like a person running on a GTX 1080 with everything maxed still making the game looking good. To somebody who is using a wired-up Potato as a GFX card and needs a playable frame rate.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
13. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 6, 2016, 04:25 ZeroPike1

Latency from inside the Eurozone is not much of a problem. Latency to out side of zone is a problem. Japan and Aus are still crazy high, but to the U.S. is around 110-140ms to East coast/Mid-west BF4 servers for me. Latency to things in zone are well under 50. You kinda stop noticing after a while, as its not a problem.  

News Comments > Overwatch Highlight Exports "Someday"
6. Re: Overwatch Highlight Exports Jun 1, 2016, 14:51 ZeroPike1

They have been interviewed for how they are trying to deal with Highlights and end of match highlight everyone can see.

I've have recorded proof of me being Torb, and getting end of game highlight while dead, and letting my turret do the scoring. Its a broken system.

But also the matches are so short recording a whole one with a program and saving after you can manage and edit what is cool.

News Comments > Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed
26. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 14:39 ZeroPike1

D. Va has an extremely important Ultimate, the Mecha-Bomb. and sometimes its needed to break an enemy defense area. But she is a one trick pony, everything else she does... even I'm not scared of her on the field.

McCree is a dick. I've been slaughtered by that stun effect he has enough times to stay far away from him. But even that is not effective as his ultimate is an auto-aiming one hit kill move.

One thing I think needs actual addressing is having more then 1 or 2 of the same char at the same time. I ran into a 5-man Torb(Engy) team with an army of sentries to back them up. Only a D. Va Mecha-bomb could stop them as well. I really wonder if Blizz can contain the monster's they unleashed with these heroes. But at least they can see the writing on the wall when one of these characters is really crap, for better or worse.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2016, 15:29 ZeroPike1

The Warcraft movie will be the first time I go to the cinema, in person, in 14 years. Based on what he said is not good. Limited dialog complexity will aid me when I watch it in German. Its the perfect movie to go to a German Movie theater for the first time.  

431 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo