Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 431 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 20, 2016, 07:08 ZeroPike1

Or they could just keep there whole library of titles on stock so people can watch whatever they want when ever, with out region locking. Which would give them my subscription for a long time.

But I naturally do not know what I want, Netflix does though... or at least claim too, and as long as they claim to know what I want I will keep my money instead.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout Shelter for PC Released
8. Re: Fallout Shelter for PC Released Jul 14, 2016, 12:08 ZeroPike1

The launcher itself has a functional but still shitty to browse Shop, has tabs for Mods, Shop and Games. I'm very positive it will be an attempt at making a separate store front.

So along with the Bethesda Launcher, you need Windows store, Steam, Origin, Ubisoft's launcher. GoG has its own launcher as well but its not required yet at least.

Yes games as a service, its how it will be. Publisher's having there own closed environment's.

News Comments > Fallout Shelter for PC Released
1. Re: Fallout Shelter for PC Released Jul 14, 2016, 10:03 ZeroPike1

Well I have this running on my second screen atm. I played it from time to time on my cell phone while waiting for appointments or the train.

On your little cell the game looks pretty good. But on a monitor screen it looks terrible. It also includes the same problems the Android version has of having trouble clicking to pick-up dweller's to move them around.

Also the timer's this game is based on are not gone at all. So you wind up leaving the game running for minutes just to accomplish a minor task. Unless you spend money on the booster pack system. Then you can have alot more fun faster.

Its just a lazy PC port of an Android game. I would have hoped they altered it a bit for the PC crowd. But it still has all the trappings of Play Store, crap.

News Comments > Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit
7. Re: Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit Jul 13, 2016, 01:26 ZeroPike1

Ohh finally, a Duplicate hero limit! Not having that limit was one of the games worst choices in design I think. Should put the limit on Quick games as well. Leave duplicate Hero play to custom games.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 8, 2016, 07:09 ZeroPike1

To get a release date on the graphics mod he wants 5K subs to his Youtube channel... My respect for this mod whatever its final form just dropped off the chart.

There is a couple good looking graphics enhancements mods for GTA around, but same problem as here. None of them ever seem to come out.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 29, 2016, 05:56 ZeroPike1

Will it be better or worse then the Adam Sandler train wreck: Pixels?

Any taker's?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 29, 2016, 05:54 ZeroPike1

Another worry on top of all the other crap to deal with when:

A: Stress of Flying internationally
B: One of the only countries that require inflight-PAPERWORK to enter.

Was great on my flights, even being a citizen, I had to find a pen and fill that shitty paper out. Newark at least had a digital thingy for citizen's only that gave you a paper print out to sign instead of the stupid form, last time I went through. Now they want to add social media checking. US really sucks to travel too lately.

Flying out of the US was great. Under 2 hours until landing, instead of filling out a paper, checking your passport number, and nervous your filling it out wrong... you get served a breakfast bread and get to relax while landing.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Expansion Next Week
5. Re: Star Trek Online Expansion Next Week Jun 29, 2016, 05:19 ZeroPike1

As somebody who plays this game everyday, as its the MMO of my choice for now. I have my fun in it, and its F2P so no obligations. But it also means lack of quality.

There are some bugs, weird glitches and occasional spelling errors in the game. You can easily see its aging not so well. They do try to put alot of effort into the game, hiring actual Star Trek actors to voice roles, trying to keep ship design's fresh, trying to design decent missions in a game engine that I think is really rough to work with.

But much like the lead dev's in this game, I have a soft spot for it, because its Trek and its all the corporations seem to want to spoon feed the fans. And I will continue to play it even with the mixing of JJ Abrams crap. I will give the new content a go, but if its anything like the previous expansion, it will probably be short and lacking.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 27, 2016, 14:19 ZeroPike1

Honestly July 29th cannot come quick enough so I can stop getting those annoying update things. But I think those update things will be replaced with ads about buying Win10 the new super OS. going to be lame  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 25, 2016, 09:16 ZeroPike1

yeah it was a really dumb move. They go from being a major power in Europe to being kinda of a joke. Even more so if Scotland breaks off. The EU might hit a hard time or two from the event, but its not dumb enough to break-up because of some Trump-like Brits.  

News Comments > Different Steam Top 10
26. Re: Different Steam Top 10 Jun 21, 2016, 07:01 ZeroPike1

I can recall watching the Physics test vids they used to put out. I'm sure others can remember that at least. Showing things like Light Transparent textures, reflecting surfaces, and objects having buoyancy.

That stuff was mind blowing back then, and it was part of the source engine magic. E3 2003 Source Vid Seeing this stuff back in 2003 got everyone excited. Just part of what Valve used to do and why they still keep some gamers hostage with Half Life.

News Comments > New Turtle Rock Studios IP
16. Re: New Turtle Rock Studios IP Jun 20, 2016, 15:32 ZeroPike1

Considering the smash hit Overwatch... there are going to be so many clones coming. The thought is making me physically sick.  

10. Re: Different Steam Top 10 Jun 20, 2016, 15:30 ZeroPike1

Conclusion to the story more then anything, I think. Reason for my wanting it.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 20, 2016, 13:21 ZeroPike1

Well you still need insurance. I know I was happy my Insurance covered the $5000+ of damage done by a hailstorm. No amount of computer control would have avoided that.

A computerized car will at least require the owner to keep its sensors and input clear of debris. Or force User intervention to drive when it bugs out.

I can understand how it would make a bit of a mess for insurance adjuster's.

5. Re: Different Steam Top 10 Jun 20, 2016, 13:12 ZeroPike1

It is a Multiplayer survival-horror thing. 4 runners one chaser, in a game of kinda Hide and Seek. Works for quick Youtube hits atm. But there's no real long term game in it.

You are looking at the "YouTube Bump" generated sales via Youtuber's.

News Comments > New Turtle Rock Studios IP
12. Re: New Turtle Rock Studios IP Jun 20, 2016, 13:10 ZeroPike1

Went to look up what a Narrative designer actually does. So basically a back-story man more or less. So they have a basic game setup but no world behind it yet.

After Evolve... good luck guys.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection
33. Re: Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection Jun 20, 2016, 08:13 ZeroPike1

Kajetan wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 12:59:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 11:30:
Well it's something at least. Glad to see them react so quick.
Quick? QUICK???

well it could be alot worse, as not trying at all. Quick in terms of how recently they made mods available for consoles.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection
1. Re: Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection Jun 19, 2016, 11:30 ZeroPike1

Well it's something at least. Glad to see them react so quick.

But to that, its no surprise they did react to that. The last thing any Bethesda RPG game needs is to shoot itself in the foot when it comes to modder's. Mod's keep Bethesda's games alive well after launch so not making the Modding scene toxic is the only alternative.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jun 19, 2016, 10:54 ZeroPike1

Chip&Pin threw me off a bit when I first had to do it. But I got used to it pretty quick. Just remember chip side first, name side down, and then enter the Pin code. Honestly its not hard, but they do under stand American's are generally stuck in there ways and anything that changes it is evil and needs to be stopped.

Tech-back doors and warrentless spying, Stay Classy US. I like the photo they use too. Above the back it says "In God We Trust" I'm starting to realize what that means in US terms. You need to trust God, because the politics are nothing but failing the people.

News Comments > Overwatch Roadmap
14. Re: Overwatch Roadmap Jun 16, 2016, 15:22 ZeroPike1

CTF in this game would be super nice.

To the $60 point, its $60 for the deluxe edition or whatever its called. Which is not worth $60 unless you adore Blizz and everything it does.

431 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo