Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 431 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III PC Closed Beta Begins
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III PC Closed Beta Begins Aug 26, 2015, 14:09 ZeroPike1

Because you’re a PC player, you know that this is a different animal from console development. So, there are a few things you should know about the Black Ops 3 PC Beta…

Final optimizations and final Advanced Graphics features are not included in the PC Beta; however, you can expect that these will be in the final game. We typically spend the last couple of months before launch finalizing graphics features and optimizations on PC. Also, the final optimized drivers from our hardware partners will also come later. (Because this isn’t your first rodeo, you know that this is normal.)

And Because we are PC players we know that when a company says Beta it usually means a Mid-to-Late term Alpha build. Seen this pop up on my Steam as well. I cannot consider it, I went out on MW:3 era anyways.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > FNAF Creator Teases New Game and Old Mystery
1. Re: FNAF Creator Teases New Game and Old Mystery Aug 26, 2015, 04:04 ZeroPike1

I think he might have hid his story plot a little too well this time. Even The Game Theorists dismissed it quickly. Ohh well. The wave is kinda over anyways and I think he sees that in the way he talks about it. Man rode the wave of his games popularity, I do not have a problem with that.  

News Comments > MGS5 Online PvP Paywall
10. Re: MGS5 Online PvP Paywall Aug 24, 2015, 12:48 ZeroPike1

"Konami just does not know how to Business" -Jim Sterling.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2015, 15:20 ZeroPike1

Living abroad you see that its not a big deal. I could have a US flag hanging out of my apartment here and nobody would really care. But If I flew this countries flag here I would be looked at as a Nationalist, which here is seen as a sign of aggression to others. In reality, outside of the US, things work a little different depending on where you are of course.  

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2015, 12:33 ZeroPike1

Necrophob wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 11:59:
Perhaps the reason there aren't rows and rows of PC games on the shelves anymore is because of Steam and other digital only sellers, hmmm? I don't know when the last time I bought software on a disc.

Yeah that was my sentiment, It was the coming of age for Steam and Digital Distro platforms. And companies did jump on it when they could so of course the shelves of PC games were disappearing.

I will not leave PC gaming cause of Quinn and the rest of that GG mess from hell. Without all the drama surrounding that person and the GG mess, I really would not care or notice they existed, even if they made a game or two.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
11. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 19, 2015, 06:49 ZeroPike1

I don't get it what makes Fig different from Kickstarter? Just the equity thing? As Cutter mentioned why would you use this platform versus Kickstarter?  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Aug 15, 2015, 13:57 ZeroPike1

Honestly you could have 100's of school kids killed in a gun rampage, and the only answer you will hear most is to have more guns out there to stop other people with guns.

Stupidity abounds with school shootings really.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 15, 2015, 13:54 ZeroPike1

Youtube = Steam
Watchable = Windows Live

At least in my mind. Unless they can attract a good following & out-do Youtube's terrible auto-copyright take down thing. It will go the way of Niko-Niko and be a mostly forgotten alternative.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Aug 10, 2015, 12:21 ZeroPike1

I love New Vegas, a fallout game that was really good. Not hyped for F4 based on Obsidian not having a role. It will just be some thing like F3 which was, forgettable for me.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 10, 2015, 01:34 ZeroPike1

Yeah mostly commercials. You should see how German Television works. 10-15mins of the show your watching, then 5mins of non-stop commercials. And the Networks time it so when its commercials on one network its commercials on all. It leads to odd programming times too, some shows end 10-15mins past the hour. And its perfectly normal here, in the US normal people would throw a fit over this setup.  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
8. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 6, 2015, 14:11 ZeroPike1

"No—at least not according to Unangst: "We are not intending to compete with Steam," he told me, "If anything, we want Steam to be even more successful—they've done great things for PC gamers in terms of having a single store.

"Over time do we want more developers to come over to our store and offer it in addition to Steam? Absolutely. Is competition good for people? Absolutely. But our goal right now isn't to do anything else other than support Steam and help it run great on Windows 10."

This man is not getting it. Supporting Steam does not mean just putting a few of your games up to sell and putting your own DRM Window's Live on it? Supporting steam would have been letting Steam handle the DRM, letting Steam Handle the multiplayer networking instead of the mess of Live.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs
3. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs Aug 4, 2015, 18:23 ZeroPike1

Just going to crank out Expansions and spike it back up anyways. But I moved on to F2P mmo's with semi fair business models. I not only get to pick which MMO genre I want. But if I want to spend money, and if I do spend, I pick where it goes. Really, cannot beat that imo.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2015, 15:14 ZeroPike1

nin wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 14:01:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 13:55:
Does Germany require blood be removed from shooters? Or am I thinking of another country?

I remember them changing all the AI to robot skins for the UT series.

That was Half Life 1 with the robot replacement. Unreal still had Aliens. And they allow full gore video games now since they have changed laws to keep up with modern times. Requires an 18 or adult sticker on some of the worst games though. Only games with the Swastika are censored now. Example is the new Mortal Kombat is totally uncensored. Also like the new Wolfenstein, only had to only change Swastika's out and nothing else.

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Aug 4, 2015, 13:40 ZeroPike1

Played this a bit, as in once. Its a neat idea, but it boils down to World of Tanks on water. And I had enough of that the first time.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2015, 13:38 ZeroPike1

My first chance to go to any sort Con/trade show-event, having just moved to Germany months ago. I wanted to try to go to this but my wife talked me out of it. Not much point since its probably alot of games I do not care about. But I would have liked to go. Only a couple hours by train from here too.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser
13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser Aug 4, 2015, 08:09 ZeroPike1

BF4 has its own flight only maps too, Air superiority. So I would not be surprised this is a reskin attempt like hardline was. They seem to not bother with new engines much, or at least new amazing ones, it all seems reskinning.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 4, 2015, 08:06 ZeroPike1

Makes the most sense, just get yourself settled with some viewing and your set. I would think it would reduce the drive to leave the house to find it then. As mentioned it would level out or reduce.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 4, 2015, 05:29 ZeroPike1

Well must be great to be in one of the few US area's with competition. TWC owns massive amounts of NY. But being here having competition is not so rare, and is a right you enjoy  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 3, 2015, 10:15 ZeroPike1

Internet, internet speed is one of the things I'm happier for in Europe. Steam downloads at a blazing 11.5 MB/sec. I get free cable TV of over 300+ World channels, BBC, Chinese mainland news etc. And we just added VoIP phone for an additional monthly charge, total of which comes to around $45 a month. With no rental fees and no cap. I dunno Muni-broadband is a lovely win when done right, I think. TWC was cool back when I lived there. But the $170 a month bill for it was bull of the highest level.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 24, 2015, 07:14 ZeroPike1

Digging into the Retro-Gaming barrel a little too deep on this one. Some things are best left as fading memories.  

431 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo