Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 431 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser
67. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 3, 2015, 06:05 ZeroPike1

DangerDog wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 16:01:

The opposite of this though is people who can't stand the 24/7 servers and feel ripped off when they look at the server browser and the only thing running is 24/7 metro. A perfect example of this is Battlefield Hardline where the population has shrank to just a handful of players and the most popular server is 24/7 "The Block" which is the worst map ever created for a battlefield game.

Altering the gameplay with scripts "No explosives, No Shotguns" etc is also an issue of contention between DICE who say it's against the rules and players who are frustrated by it.

Don't get me wrong, I wish they had put a server browser in the game and had matchmaking as an option. I'm just commenting on the reasons why I think DICE did this. If for no other reason DICE have always sucked at making server browsers, I think they even dropped support for Chrome with Battlelog (or maybe Google fucked it up). Look at how long it took them to add a functional in game browser to Bad Company 2.

I understand that though, but there's a reason why people can sit on those maps. There better for the person playing. And as you said some do get stuck having to be there cause its the only one with players active. But there's reasons for that too.

I hope it stays EA server side and not peer-topeer that would be some wild bullshit then at 64's.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 3, 2015, 05:56 ZeroPike1

Remember when the newest Windows coming out was a national news item? I can recall Win98 getting news coverage then winME, Even Win7 getting attention. And it was all a big thing, stores would stock tons of copies, there even would be lines to get it, albeit small

But it was an event, an important day to see what new advances MS has brought to our PC world. Now they roll out Win10 you get some news and that is it. Definitely not what it used to be, not as fun anyway. Now we hold back to see bug reports, spyware concern's and dumb things like Solitare in an app store and requiring payment for ad-removal in some modes.

I'm old and jaded.

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser
45. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 2, 2015, 15:50 ZeroPike1

Well this sucks. Right now I cherry pick my choices of BF4 server's.

I cannot forsee why I would want this undone. BF4 for me is sitting in 24/7 Metro with no explosives and higher ticket counts. Sometimes I load up a 24/7 Metro with no shotguns. Or sometimes I pick normal large open conquest maps.

I need this functionality and customization to have fun with BF4 as it stands. Why I'm not allowed to pick and choose my favorite rule sets is going to make SW:BF a nightmare.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
12. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 2, 2015, 05:40 ZeroPike1

He let this get too big, he should have just started small. Did what the maker's of Shadowrun did, make a small game that you can accomplish with in your time frame. Lots of Kickstarters have scored that much at least. But here, just one stretch goal after another, one more ridiculous promise after another.

Really he should have shut Kickstarter income down, locked the game down for what it was. Put the limited promise on Steam to get income generating.

Ugh this guy, he wanted the ultimate game I can see that, he promised the moon, I want the man to deliver, I want him to bring the most amazing game ever.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2015, 05:47.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 2, 2015, 05:32 ZeroPike1

In my old place where I lived, and had my PC running daily., but shut it off when not in use or I slept. The monthly energy bill was around $160, With my PC gone and no PC running in the house hold. The energy bill has dropped to under $80. So yeah these are monsters of energy use even if you try to conserve.

In my new place, we have as much high energy efficiency devices as we can. With 2 PC's and 2 console's we are running close to $120 a month again, using the cheapest energy company we could find however.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 1, 2015, 02:33 ZeroPike1

Try doing an 8 hour international flight and having nothing but a ruined head-phone jack and the usual inflight trash video's you did not want to see to begin with.

Having wi-fi on the plane would have been awesome and I would have paid extra for it too. When your on a plane sitting next to stranger's, and cramped in a small chair. Internet would be the ultimate escape to pass the time.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 1, 2015, 02:29 ZeroPike1

The only time you would fight against having any GPS tracking ability plugged into your body non stop is if your doing something illegal and therefore a criminal already! /s  

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
80. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 13:01 ZeroPike1

My wife is in agreement as its not a well done game.  

48. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 01:54 ZeroPike1

Even if going for RP there's not a multi-million dollar market in RP. even more so in just a single type of setting. IE: Fantasy, Medieval so on.

Look at Eve, even with the corp drama shows it is, you do not hear about the first or third person sections of the game, where you wander around your quarters or something (its been a while). In a space game people want to hop in and galavant around space. not sit in the benches until needed on a gun placement.

I hope this game pulls through, don't get me wrong. But you gotta call a spade, a spade, sometimes.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
15. Re: Sunday Interviews Aug 31, 2015, 00:33 ZeroPike1

He was a lone dev. to being with right? I mean he hired some good talent that kept Minecraft going, like Jans and so on. Had to at least be semi friendly to one of his staff on some level.

Instead of sticking around Mojang, maybe even just as a side project man or something, he goes and runs to LA and burns his money. As cutter said, its just him growing up.

41. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 00:25 ZeroPike1

Honestly it looks kinda cool, it would be a ton of fun for RP. But RP is not what this game is selling... or maybe it is. If this Hub world is a sign of where there going its going to be a Space Cowboy's love story. Except in an MMO setting with no AI or story plot beyond what you make yourself.

I'm starting to feel sad for this game, I've gone past cynical now.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Delayed
15. Re: XCOM 2 Delayed Aug 29, 2015, 09:50 ZeroPike1

I have no problem with them delaying this game. If X-Com: Enemy Unknown and Enemy within are anything to go by then I say let them delay. That way the more awesome problem free game will come out later.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Twitch Streaming Aug 29, 2015, 07:36 ZeroPike1

1badmf wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 18:23:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 11:49:
One of the downsides to moving to Germany is that Youtube Streams are automatically blocked by default. My wife gave me a thing to bypass Germany's auto blocking system thing though, for Youtube videos it might work.

uh... what? are you being serious? all of youtube is blocked in germany? what on earth for? i thought germany was one of the more rational countries in europe.

No just the Streaming aspect, infact some of my music is autoblocked as well, requiring a work around. There version of the US's RIAA is murder over here.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Dishonored Aug 28, 2015, 14:22 ZeroPike1

Flatline wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 13:46:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 11:35:
Well that title was click-bait in its purest form. But having read the article, yes, yes it is ok to be mean to a mean player in the game. It also adds to the idea of replayability and multiple paths to the different endings.

True, although I think the article misses one of the better "being mean to the players" game experiences of recent memory- Spec Ops The Line.

I mean, it's obvious you're not meant to be a hero after the "bad thing" happens, but the end monologue of the guy you've been going after for the whole game is pretty much directed arguably at you as much as the character.

Spec Ops left me with the most questions about what the heck was going on. I instantly chose the surrender ending cause holy crap the char needed help badly, so best to surrender.

5. Twitch Streaming Aug 28, 2015, 11:49 ZeroPike1

One of the downsides to moving to Germany is that Youtube Streams are automatically blocked by default. My wife gave me a thing to bypass Germany's auto blocking system thing though, for Youtube videos it might work.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Dishonored Aug 28, 2015, 11:35 ZeroPike1

Well that title was click-bait in its purest form. But having read the article, yes, yes it is ok to be mean to a mean player in the game. It also adds to the idea of replayability and multiple paths to the different endings.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 2015, 11:44.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 27, 2015, 14:53 ZeroPike1

Police drones, not to sound like I'm wearing a tin foil hat, but really. Imagine real-life variant of ED-209's, policing cities side by side with Human cops.  

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 27, 2015, 14:48 ZeroPike1

Yeahup thats a nasty scam really. But its appealing to the base desires of sexually active people and if you read the rules, it promises alot. So of course your going to get people to sign up and then Black mail them to cover it up. And cover it not delete it.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 27, 2015, 14:41 ZeroPike1

And here we go, starting to limit Streaming. But at least its staying within its own system I suppose. Not a big deal to me, but when you give companies an inch they take a mile, and your wallet... and the keys to your car, along with your car.  

News Comments > Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers
20. Re: Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers Aug 27, 2015, 05:34 ZeroPike1

Ohh I get it, Law Breakers, as in there are not only breaking laws they are breaking the laws of gravity. I see what you did there cliffyB. You PC hating pile of chum. I remember your words for Gears of War and no I'm not going to let him slide with a new game no matter how much he is licking a Mouse with his tongue compared to when he was sucking the end of a console controller.  

431 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo