Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 431 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 10, 2015, 14:24 ZeroPike1

I think Xbox Indie was a good success at least in my severely limited view. It brought a game called State of Decay onto PC after it was a success on Xbox live. If I read my news properly, games pretty good at what it does.

Dunno if its a good or bad thing, but I think Green Light on Steam could use a closing too. at least raise the bar higher then they are.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans
4. Re: Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans Sep 9, 2015, 16:56 ZeroPike1

Dunno how the modding scene will be for this. If you recall NV and even fallout 3 some of the more extensive mods required the script extender to work around the limits of the Game 'Bryo' engine. Maybe this new Fallout will not need something like that. If it does need need it you can count on console work around's to be harder to come by I think. So the Mod's might be limited in that respect.

As to them press releasing this, it sours the milk a bit, but this seems to be typical publisher stuff to try to promise support later then just release.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 9, 2015, 12:28 ZeroPike1

yeah that was some of the worst stuff in the world She was doing. Made me sick to my stomach all day after glimpsing through the article.  

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 8, 2015, 11:38 ZeroPike1

They could, if they made like a Blockbuster app for devices. Have an online release same day for X-amount of $$ that is cheaper then a movie house. I could dig that idea. Use a platform like Netflix for established security and payment structure. Like a pay-walled version inside Netflix like HBO channel used to be during cable tv.

Does not mean I would use it, but the idea seems sound.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 8, 2015, 11:29 ZeroPike1

I dunno aside from a graphics card, PC's seem to be pretty standard now. I custom built my PC hardware when it was first or second gen I-5 range of stuff. And it works fine today. You just need to swap out graphics cards every so often. Will I need to upgrade at some point, absolutely. But does there seem like a dire need for me to upgrade? not yet.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 8, 2015, 11:23 ZeroPike1

It’s the ‘Paradox of Choice’, the jam experiment – you put strawberry, apricot and blackberry jam in the supermarket aisle and you can persuade half the people coming down the aisle to taste the jam and maybe buy one. But if you decide to add lemon, orange, blueberry and grapefruit, by adding the choices you don’t increase the number of people choosing one, but in fact you go the other way. Fewer people choose anything at all.”

OK this applied to netflix is bull, users' cannot handle choice he says. Let us choose if we want to offline download something or not. In his logic you ether force people to stream or force them to rent (now)bulky dvd's.

I don't want to haul dvd's onto a plane, I do not want to hang onto a bunch of temporary dvd's in a rack, that I have to send back. So according to his logic I would choose nothing at all from netflix if I want a offline download of a video. Dude is dumb.

“I think a much more interesting proposition is, can we make streaming work better in more places that people want to stream?”

Yeah bet he does, probably cause they want control over viewing data and counts. You could just use some sort of offline data collector to send the Info to the mothership when online becomes available? And how does this not apply to the same logic earlier which he states more choice means less purchases? So with the entire library on demand in anyplace that in itself is too much choice. Ohh please Mr. Hunt make more choices for me, I cannot live unless Netflix chooses what I need to watch or if I can offline download it or not, life is so confusing! bloody dork.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 7, 2015, 12:59 ZeroPike1

Ubisoft Motion Pictures is creating the new park together with Malaysian theme-park developer RSG. RSG will own and operate the park, while Ubisoft will maintain creative control over the attractions.

Few specifics have been revealed about upcoming attractions, but “Ubisoft will produce all digital media for the rides, and help design guests’ journey into the park to ensure the visitors’ experience is at its best,”

They will probably invent a new form of Real Life digital content management called Uride. You need to have Uride installed in your brain in order to access the park.

So, I have to have Uride installed into my brain so I can get on the rides? Hopefully the DLC packs you have to purchase mid-ride are not going to be too expensive.

When I earn Uride points for finishing a ride can I turn them in for token-DLC to enhance the ride next time I get on it?

News Comments > Laborious Legal Briefs
1. Re: Laborious Legal Briefs Sep 7, 2015, 12:54 ZeroPike1

I've read that they cannot sue to have the data hidden, as its not legally protected to begin with or something to that effect. So they go for the emotional distress complaint to try to hide it again or get money from anywhere they can.

I'm getting emotional distress from those suing Amazon and GoDaddy, can I get a lawsuit that gives me millions too?

News Comments > Laborious Metaverse
1. Re: Laborious Metaverse Sep 7, 2015, 12:46 ZeroPike1

Youtube Adblock bypass, its really only becoming a matter of time until they just force us to watch annoying BS. In an attempt to make some companies' marketing department think that they are doing a good job.

When I watch Youtube on the PS4 let an ad play and then skip it. ok. But off my PC, no not really fond of that. I dunno why I tolerate it more on PS4 probably cause I have no choice.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
2. Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 6, 2015, 12:27 ZeroPike1

CliffyB, "Pot calling the kettle Black" to use an old phrase.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 5, 2015, 14:02 ZeroPike1

I had bad player teammates in my Public games before. When they are cheating and it shows I try to help the enemy team find him or at least avoid helping the person in question.

In some games where a bad player has ticked me off enough I will Ghost them and report any useable info in Public chat for both teams to read. And yeah its an assy thing to do, but they are being asses to begin with so I reserve the right to be an ass too.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Streaming VS Sex Sep 5, 2015, 13:54 ZeroPike1

That beats out almost all other major activities including eating (70mins), reading (49mins), commuting (33mins), playing with their children (25mins), masturbating (7.5mins) and sex (2mins).

Well with sexual activities you really are just kinda One and Done for the day. But streaming a series over Netflix? that will eat up alot of your time, even stream while eating.

I'm assuming of course people are like me and over 30. Where your sex drive is kinda fading off slightly.

-And to the SleepSense thingy. I would not mind if it would kill my laptop when I fall asleep to it next to my bed. Better then waking up to annoying noises from Outtro's from my Youtuber's video's. And Shut it off outright when I've finally lost consciousness for the day.

News Comments > Gilbert to Disney on Monkey Island Rights: "Call Me"
21. Re: Gilbert to Disney on Monkey Island Rights: Sep 5, 2015, 04:02 ZeroPike1

To alter a quote from Charlton Heston ""I'll give you my IP rights when you pry (or take) it from my cold, dead hands"  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 5, 2015, 01:06 ZeroPike1

Yeah! Muni Boradband FTW indeed even in Germany. We have 100Mbit/s Down and 20Mbit/s upload for about $35 US.

Wilhelm.tel

Remember though this kills competition, because cable providers will not be able to monopolize the area Internet anymore.

News Comments > Gilbert to Disney on Monkey Island Rights: "Call Me"
5. Re: Gilbert to Disney on Monkey Island Rights: Sep 4, 2015, 11:23 ZeroPike1

Well its all about IP ownership is it not? Look at the troubled past of Fallout, going from Interplay to Bethesda. And one thing big corps do not do is let IP's go.  

News Comments > WildStar F2P This Month
7. Re: WildStar F2P This Month Sep 3, 2015, 14:25 ZeroPike1

APB Reloaded, now WildStar Reloaded.

Stop reloading! Just make your game F2P and be done with it. Reloaded means you fired your weapon and need to reload cause it did not do enough the first time.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Sep 3, 2015, 11:57 ZeroPike1

lol I skimmed right over that, EvE into TV show. If its anything like how my wife's pvp is setup it will be a really dull show and 10mins of tension something might happen, then nothing happening, then return to a station to dock and chat.

If it remains an exact copy. If they do a Space Corporate drama show, might be something there I suppose.

News Comments > etc.
1. Fallout Sep 3, 2015, 10:31 ZeroPike1

Good, but short read there. I almost Imagine Sawyer gritting his teeth at Fallout 4. IMO I think he and most of the NV team should be running Fallout 4. I would have probably pre-ordered that combination, and I swore I would never pre-order again.

I hope they do well with it, but I have a feeling its going to be as un-lore friendly as F3 was.

1. Wi-Fi Sep 3, 2015, 10:22 ZeroPike1

I read about that on Ars a week or so ago. Like it, I know that living under power-lines is a health thing that from what I read seems a total myth.

Even with the most legit study that Wi-fi is not a danger, people will believe that its the answer to why problems are there. Its akin to Salem-Witch trial crap to me. Prove this stuff legitly then go to court and not base your lawsuit on bunk-science.

s/ Ohh well who am I kidding Climate Change is not real ether right? /s

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 3, 2015, 10:13 ZeroPike1

The invention itself is an amazing feet of Human thinking and technology capability. The ability to transfer information at lightning speeds across country to across the world.

But in the end, Humans are Human.

431 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo