Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 439 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2015, 12:00 ZeroPike1

Ohh no, there is an Agenda in the US. The Corporate Bottom Line Agenda. Expensive internet with no choices. IT support looked at like its half un-needed and unfunded with-in a company. The idea that changing your password on an aging windows-PC with sluggish hardware every month is the penultimate in corporate security.

The same reason Chip&Pin Credit Cards took so long to get in. The Digital Agenda, the people decide is not important. The ones who do, the ones who love the Digital age and all its chances at business are ruled by last generation CEO's and Politicians who's only daily tech use is there cell phones for phone call's.

(rant)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up
11. Re: Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up Oct 2, 2015, 11:48 ZeroPike1

Need vetted comments, none of this Derek Smart on his soap-box type of complaining. None of this anonymous stuff. The hate for this game is only growing now. There will soon be boards filling with people to come up with the next hit on Star Citizen's credibility. After that $1000 ship recently to support the game. hate is all it will ever grow now.

I understand they are probably under a gag contract and not allowed to speak out-right. Even my old employer had such a policy. So I get why they cannot speak, but need vetting, need proof. I'm not going to follow this second hand or even third hand, crap at all.

(personally I hope this game succeeds, but if it doesn't then it doesn't)

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 2, 2015, 02:43 ZeroPike1

Chip and Pin is not bad, its a little different at first. But after using it 2-3 times now its easy. Its like learning to tie your shoes. After you get it the first times the rest is just no problem.  

News Comments > WildStar Free-to-Play Launches
28. Re: WildStar Free-to-Play Launches Sep 30, 2015, 05:20 ZeroPike1

500 Zen a month when ships cost 1000's of Zen is not a good thing.

Not when you take a 6 to 8 month break and come with several thousands Zen built up and they have Ship sales and pick up anything you want. I would call that a win.

Yea really, I do not think that is a bad thing. Even if you do not take a break its not hard to save up for a new ship off that business model. Price of entry for that ability sucks though. I think Star Trek Online is one of the better Free to Play systems around. You only toss money at it when you feel like you need it(outside of lifetime sub), and that is not often at all.

Do you get everything for free? no of course not its a F2P model something is always locked behind some money. But in this case its a choice to spend, not feel like its a requirement.

News Comments > Romero's Aftermath Early Access
2. Re: Romero's Aftermath Early Access Sep 26, 2015, 09:05 ZeroPike1

But having seen the video it, as mentioned, this game appears as just another in a endless stream of zombie games that are just really old now. Zombie games like this, consist of Player's being dicks to each other, or endless Zombie horde mode. All of which irritate me to no end.

I thought Dead State did pretty well, give me that level of RPG zombie game in an open world. And yeah I played State of Decay, it was close to what a zombie game should be. In my view.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2015, 17:14 ZeroPike1

The problem here is the Contractor Job title to begin with. It allows companies huge control over an employee. I understand the Contractor business model, but its so abusive I really think it should be abolished.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Endurance Video
11. Re: Fallout 4 Endurance Video Sep 24, 2015, 12:21 ZeroPike1

The fact it even has this level of writing already about consuming flesh of your fellow man. Even if its part of the advertising. Shows me that fallout as it should be is not to be found anymore.

I have my original vault-tec paper manual from Fallout 2
[url=]http://oi44.tinypic.com/otnkoy.jpg[/url] (link to random google images of said manual.)

That was half seriously written as a half serious survival guide. I understand FO series has humor in it. But it was a satire-like humor, Humor along side the sheer terror of the world. The humor here is bluntly written and comes off poorly for my tastes.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Endurance Video
7. Re: Fallout 4 Endurance Video Sep 24, 2015, 01:15 ZeroPike1

I see these and I see plain as day its not New Vegas. But I keep hoping its NV level of story writing.

Its not NV2 its not NV2. Its F4, its F4. Have to keep telling myself to be let down from what I would actually want.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Sep 23, 2015, 02:03 ZeroPike1

Yeah seen this Vid. This is what Star Trek should be game wise. Make a world out of this. Would be crazy fun. But nah let's sink money into Star Citizen.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Sep 21, 2015, 13:43 ZeroPike1

Yeah losing sight of why we enjoyed the games to begin with. You really would not think they would ditch lead writers for sequels. And yet they have.

Also glad to see Drew on board, hopefully they let him direct the story fully. Mass Effect 3 felt like a terrific example of how bad things get when you crap on lead writer's.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 21, 2015, 13:39 ZeroPike1

Now we need Retro Zombie style? There are no words anymore.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Dedicated Servers
9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Dedicated Servers Sep 21, 2015, 13:38 ZeroPike1

Well long as its not Peer to Peer based like Call of Duty was back when. That was some misery, And when somebody was hacking the game would even bug out and force you to play there server. Until you CTRL+ALT+DEL out of it.

I'm willing to give the beta a go. But buying it, no.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 18, 2015, 11:22 ZeroPike1

I've been following Jim Sterling's findings on Konami. This should be no surprise anymore that they will just market there IP's into oblivion if at all. They want out. Sucks too, I can remember my opening Konami games back in the 90's it had a brand name. Then they had to go and be all Japanese about it and ruin it.  

News Comments > Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online Beta Signups
2. Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online Beta Signups Sep 18, 2015, 11:17 ZeroPike1

Reminds me of that extremely stupid Shadowrun shooter game they made. GIS and Shadowrun IP's are not fps material. It needs heavy RPG elements I agree.

You could Dues Ex it... however. Well maybe it would take some doing but. Hey I'm not marketing they thought this would be the best thing ever!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Open to All
3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Open to All Sep 18, 2015, 11:15 ZeroPike1

Ahh nice, this will be the best way to see how this game fares. Sign me up for the Imperial Army please o/  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper & Season Pass Details
8. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper & Season Pass Details Sep 15, 2015, 16:28 ZeroPike1

Pre-1900's Era London, thats actually cool. But its still an AC game and even the best AC game I get tired of playing halfway through. best purchased on sale, agreed.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
20. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 15, 2015, 15:20 ZeroPike1

Also being in Europe there is alot of people from alot of countries. I go to school with Iranians, Afgan's, Serbian's, Iraqi's, Indian, Korean. Being the lone American in the class, they even bought me a Snicker's bar as a welcoming gift.

Most are not a problem really, the problems are the ones who expect the area they move to. To become a Religious nut house like the one they left. I'm talking anti-female, illegal to trim your beard nut cases. Those are the ones that will not accept a modern world. Those are the problems. That is where the real fear is coming from.

News Comments > Need for Speed: No Paid DLC or Microtransactions
3. Re: Need for Speed: No Paid DLC or Microtransactions Sep 15, 2015, 12:27 ZeroPike1

Hey give them credit, no added BS for extra $$. This should be applauded at the least.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3: Air, Land & Sea Expansion Pass Announced
5. Re: Just Cause 3: Air, Land & Sea Expansion Pass Announced Sep 15, 2015, 12:26 ZeroPike1

The hell guys really, has the gaming world fallen so low that even Just Cause 3 has area content hidden behind a DLC pay wall?

The original had way better DLC. Because it was some stupid vehicles, weapons not actual content.

Stupid, I will not buy this until months later when a complete edition is out along with it being on sale to boot. That's what this game has earned!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
12. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 15, 2015, 01:13 ZeroPike1

Facebook said in April it would not allow the social network to be used to promote hate speech or terrorism as it unveiled a wide-ranging update of its global community standards.

Well to that they really are taking to long. Between the police shootings that really look like hate crimes, to the morons from the homophobic Westboro Baptist Church. This fighting German Xenophobic stuff only comes from German laws that were in place long ago thanks to anti-nazi rules.

FB doesn't care in the end no matter what they just want people clicking there pages to generate views anyways. As such they allowed hate speech long before the Migrate crisis.

You see Pewdiepie go up to a bus and jokingly say, Im Pewdiepie. How can you not know me? while a camera crew records.

Narcissistic much Pewd? Just because somebody is big on Youtube does not mean people will automatically recognize you. Your not Johhny Depp, or even Vin Diesel level of famous Pewd.

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2015, 01:20.

439 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo