Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 431 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Hideo Kojima's Konami Exit
19. Re: Hideo Kojima's Konami Exit Oct 20, 2015, 10:41 ZeroPike1

So actually Japan's working conditions are alot like Milton from Office Space. Instead of just telling somebody they are done, you make there life so miserable they nearly want to burn the building down?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 20, 2015, 06:41 ZeroPike1

Anybody who keeps even slight tabs on PC security news, knows that this was bound to happen.  

News Comments > World of Warships Adds Ships
7. Re: World of Warships Adds Ships Oct 20, 2015, 06:39 ZeroPike1

I think it will go into how World of Tanks seems to work and all the experimental designs' are added. But having dumped many hours into WoT. I hope they make it fair, it seems the Russian stuff comes off as just slightly better. KV-1's dominating a Match anybody?  

News Comments > Hideo Kojima's Konami Exit
16. Re: Hideo Kojima's Konami Exit Oct 20, 2015, 06:31 ZeroPike1

Ohh man the rage inducing fest at the end of the Article by thius McCarthy clod.

“But there has always been a huge iceberg of titles beneath the surface that Western gamers rarely glimpse.… The growing cost of console development, allied to a shrinking domestic market, have made these games increasingly unviable without international success.”

Along with what Blue already quoted. This is why Japan is an isolated market to begin with. That line of thinking is why its all Mobile shovelware, micro-transaction crap that company's settle on. There is a market here for decent Japanese produced games. And not for this Visual novel crap on steam or RPG maker engine games, Japan can produce better.

And to Domestic sales being down, yeah its a Mobile market in Japan, make your games more World friendly. But typical Japanese thinking means it stays locked behind region locking and thinking translation are not worth the effort. And thus thinking Japan is awesome and the rest of the world "Doesn't get it"

This was Kojima's Magnum-Opus, I think it should be appreciated as such. Its not a perfect game, but its one you can tell he loved.

And to McCarthy I say this "Honestly I think Japan is abnormally so far up its own rear that we do not need your games, its no loss to the art ether"

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
4. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 18, 2015, 11:16 ZeroPike1

Recently they said they wanted there own open world universe, Like how Rockstar has GTA and Ubi has the AC series.

EA cannot complain! It has tons of IP it could re-do, expand and make popular again.

But no run it into the ground right? run IP's into the ground all the time just like you always did EA. Fine do not remake some classics, and I can be fine keeping my money from you at the same time. Everyone wins right!?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 17, 2015, 03:57 ZeroPike1

Ya pretty much. It could be a 100X worse. I will take a store page and the occasional pop-up ad when I quit a game. versus having annoying banner ads on the sides of my steam window. Or worse while ingame via the Steam Overlay.

If you think about it, with the power steam can have over your game, I would be happy as it is.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2015, 11:00 ZeroPike1

Indeed, he has my well wishes.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Three Sets Dubious Record; HL3 Clue in Dota 2?
11. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode Three Sets Dubious Record; HL3 Clue in Dota 2? Oct 12, 2015, 12:12 ZeroPike1

I still want it. I liked Half Life 1, 2+episodes. But I'm not going to go crazy with hype anymore. Produce something then I might start waving the HL flag, but this hidden code stuff. Not hanging on to it anymore.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 12, 2015, 12:09 ZeroPike1

Yeah I noticed that as well. Accuracy while crouched vs anything else feels like its non-exsistent. Might as well be jet-pack head-shotting the whole game.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 10, 2015, 05:17 ZeroPike1

Acrobat Reader is one of those ancient programs that never seem to go away. I can remember when it was a "new thing" now its needed to view semi-complex documents.

And being such an Ancient time honored program, could they at least not have it so flawed that opening a .pdf file could make your system the next Botnet central?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins Oct 8, 2015, 17:11 ZeroPike1

Well I gave it a solid go. Its weirdly enjoyable and the graphics are totally lovely. Right down to your own footprints in the snow. And having played it I seen the BF BS is back in full swing. People pulling off crazy shots and snipers getting the major upper hand at times.

I even got chased by Luke Skywalker until he ran me down. And Darth Vader jumped in and saved my life from a Rebel scum.

The effects are lovely bottom line lovely. But the gameplay is a little weird, the 40man limit sucks. And lack of a server browser sucks.

Give it a go. if you can spare the download bandwidth.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2015, 14:56 ZeroPike1

This Kim Dotcom stuff is crazy. They put less effort into trying to extradite Murderers then they have put into this guy. Copyright law! Could make a documentary about this guy's story. And watch it get pirated and more lawyer's go to work.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2015, 12:00 ZeroPike1

Ohh no, there is an Agenda in the US. The Corporate Bottom Line Agenda. Expensive internet with no choices. IT support looked at like its half un-needed and unfunded with-in a company. The idea that changing your password on an aging windows-PC with sluggish hardware every month is the penultimate in corporate security.

The same reason Chip&Pin Credit Cards took so long to get in. The Digital Agenda, the people decide is not important. The ones who do, the ones who love the Digital age and all its chances at business are ruled by last generation CEO's and Politicians who's only daily tech use is there cell phones for phone call's.

(rant)

News Comments > Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up
11. Re: Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up Oct 2, 2015, 11:48 ZeroPike1

Need vetted comments, none of this Derek Smart on his soap-box type of complaining. None of this anonymous stuff. The hate for this game is only growing now. There will soon be boards filling with people to come up with the next hit on Star Citizen's credibility. After that $1000 ship recently to support the game. hate is all it will ever grow now.

I understand they are probably under a gag contract and not allowed to speak out-right. Even my old employer had such a policy. So I get why they cannot speak, but need vetting, need proof. I'm not going to follow this second hand or even third hand, crap at all.

(personally I hope this game succeeds, but if it doesn't then it doesn't)

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 2, 2015, 02:43 ZeroPike1

Chip and Pin is not bad, its a little different at first. But after using it 2-3 times now its easy. Its like learning to tie your shoes. After you get it the first times the rest is just no problem.  

News Comments > WildStar Free-to-Play Launches
28. Re: WildStar Free-to-Play Launches Sep 30, 2015, 05:20 ZeroPike1

500 Zen a month when ships cost 1000's of Zen is not a good thing.

Not when you take a 6 to 8 month break and come with several thousands Zen built up and they have Ship sales and pick up anything you want. I would call that a win.

Yea really, I do not think that is a bad thing. Even if you do not take a break its not hard to save up for a new ship off that business model. Price of entry for that ability sucks though. I think Star Trek Online is one of the better Free to Play systems around. You only toss money at it when you feel like you need it(outside of lifetime sub), and that is not often at all.

Do you get everything for free? no of course not its a F2P model something is always locked behind some money. But in this case its a choice to spend, not feel like its a requirement.

News Comments > Romero's Aftermath Early Access
2. Re: Romero's Aftermath Early Access Sep 26, 2015, 09:05 ZeroPike1

But having seen the video it, as mentioned, this game appears as just another in a endless stream of zombie games that are just really old now. Zombie games like this, consist of Player's being dicks to each other, or endless Zombie horde mode. All of which irritate me to no end.

I thought Dead State did pretty well, give me that level of RPG zombie game in an open world. And yeah I played State of Decay, it was close to what a zombie game should be. In my view.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2015, 17:14 ZeroPike1

The problem here is the Contractor Job title to begin with. It allows companies huge control over an employee. I understand the Contractor business model, but its so abusive I really think it should be abolished.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Endurance Video
11. Re: Fallout 4 Endurance Video Sep 24, 2015, 12:21 ZeroPike1

The fact it even has this level of writing already about consuming flesh of your fellow man. Even if its part of the advertising. Shows me that fallout as it should be is not to be found anymore.

I have my original vault-tec paper manual from Fallout 2
[url=]http://oi44.tinypic.com/otnkoy.jpg[/url] (link to random google images of said manual.)

That was half seriously written as a half serious survival guide. I understand FO series has humor in it. But it was a satire-like humor, Humor along side the sheer terror of the world. The humor here is bluntly written and comes off poorly for my tastes.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Endurance Video
7. Re: Fallout 4 Endurance Video Sep 24, 2015, 01:15 ZeroPike1

I see these and I see plain as day its not New Vegas. But I keep hoping its NV level of story writing.

Its not NV2 its not NV2. Its F4, its F4. Have to keep telling myself to be let down from what I would actually want.

431 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo