Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 440 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
51. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 5, 2015, 04:02 ZeroPike1

Is this why the Hype train is so massive for the game? Its just a rehashed Gamebryo engine port with new shiney's?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Item Stores
13. Re: Steam Item Stores Nov 5, 2015, 03:57 ZeroPike1

Yeah if they added the Zombies back in it could be a game again to rival the other clones of crap. If you keep up with Jim Sterling on crappy open world survival games, and had played rust back when it first came out. The system is there for an actual complete open world zombie game. Instead of the more broken buggier messes of the other games.

Ahh well, Rust managed to do one thing good for me, I understand how crap Open world survival games are.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 2, 2015, 13:06 ZeroPike1

HP is a joke. Even back in the day there was not very much love for HP from me. Once I got a custom built PC from a local computer store I never looked back. And Carly Fiorina’s business sense to ride a sinking ship into the water to save it was brilliant. HP branding is that of an office machine at best. And in this market you can get bare-bones hardware off newegg and make your own office PC's for cheaper.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2015, 13:02 ZeroPike1

Honestly a quick vid at the beginning of a video play is good. But as said if they toss them in the middle of the video. Ohh they can go straight to hell.

If you looked at a Time Warner bill and seen how much money it costs to have there TV, Internet, and phone service you would jump ship too when the contract ran out. That system bleed me dry money wise in the US. $170 a month for my family home. and that was a "special rate" Time Warner can go to hell too.

They really need a train to hell.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches
9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches Oct 28, 2015, 10:19 ZeroPike1

I'll look into this when they make there F2P section more F2P friendly. I'm not a fan of there current limits on things. Makes it unplayable.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 26, 2015, 14:17 ZeroPike1

The main annoying thing with these are how long it adds to the queue's to get on a plane. One of my biggest worries when traveling was how long security would take me.

Newark, Albany International, all had massive lines. you have to remove your shoes, your cell, all your jewelry (except wedding ring) take your laptop out of its bag and have it in a separate tray. Then wait for 2 lines that converge onto a single scanner, and wait your turn. And heaven help you if somebody in a wheelchair is coming through they force them into the scanner as well which adds time.

Then once the scan is done, you have to rush to put your shoes back on, grab your things from the 1-3 totes that went through the medal detector and run to your plane depending on how late it made you.

And hope you did not forget anything and even worse hope nothing got stolen out of your wallet, as that has to stay separate too.

I get the idea behind these things, I understand the need for security, but holy crap are these things both annoying and a fear for traveling.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 10:14 ZeroPike1

Ooof George what the hell. I read the article, him and Steven however view games as a scoring thing. Like having the highest score in Pong.

I dunno, I have a sometimes equal feeling from a good movie as I do a good game. When you destroy the Reaper in ME1 I will always remember that. When the Camera pans up to see the large Jurassic Park gates opening. I will remember both as amazing moments. (For Example)

Honestly I would say I enjoyed the ME1 exp better then a movie moment. Because it feels like at least I caused this ending, or at least helped to achieve it. A movie you rely on watching and not interacting its a hands off experience and that's how it should be.

You cannot call games lacking in Plot I really see it as an interactive plot at the least. Are they literally bashing games by making a Straw-man arguement about Movies being better in some way?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 21, 2015, 08:35 ZeroPike1

It is a lame part of it. But this was a focused attack though. They specifically went after this guy and even spoofed Employee verifications to get by normal security measure's.

I do not think anything is truly secure.

BUT it is really kinda dumb he used an outside email source. I understand how its easier to use home accounts for everything work related. But you should not use it for sensitive documents.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 21, 2015, 08:29 ZeroPike1

Need anymore proof your not a Cable/Internet Customer?, your just an additional number in a % number on a report somewhere.

And below it a feel good story about Google wooing customer's. Sorry I mean future % number's on a report.

News Comments > Hideo Kojima's Konami Exit
19. Re: Hideo Kojima's Konami Exit Oct 20, 2015, 10:41 ZeroPike1

So actually Japan's working conditions are alot like Milton from Office Space. Instead of just telling somebody they are done, you make there life so miserable they nearly want to burn the building down?  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 20, 2015, 06:41 ZeroPike1

Anybody who keeps even slight tabs on PC security news, knows that this was bound to happen.  

News Comments > World of Warships Adds Ships
7. Re: World of Warships Adds Ships Oct 20, 2015, 06:39 ZeroPike1

I think it will go into how World of Tanks seems to work and all the experimental designs' are added. But having dumped many hours into WoT. I hope they make it fair, it seems the Russian stuff comes off as just slightly better. KV-1's dominating a Match anybody?  

News Comments > Hideo Kojima's Konami Exit
16. Re: Hideo Kojima's Konami Exit Oct 20, 2015, 06:31 ZeroPike1

Ohh man the rage inducing fest at the end of the Article by thius McCarthy clod.

“But there has always been a huge iceberg of titles beneath the surface that Western gamers rarely glimpse.… The growing cost of console development, allied to a shrinking domestic market, have made these games increasingly unviable without international success.”

Along with what Blue already quoted. This is why Japan is an isolated market to begin with. That line of thinking is why its all Mobile shovelware, micro-transaction crap that company's settle on. There is a market here for decent Japanese produced games. And not for this Visual novel crap on steam or RPG maker engine games, Japan can produce better.

And to Domestic sales being down, yeah its a Mobile market in Japan, make your games more World friendly. But typical Japanese thinking means it stays locked behind region locking and thinking translation are not worth the effort. And thus thinking Japan is awesome and the rest of the world "Doesn't get it"

This was Kojima's Magnum-Opus, I think it should be appreciated as such. Its not a perfect game, but its one you can tell he loved.

And to McCarthy I say this "Honestly I think Japan is abnormally so far up its own rear that we do not need your games, its no loss to the art ether"

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
4. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 18, 2015, 11:16 ZeroPike1

Recently they said they wanted there own open world universe, Like how Rockstar has GTA and Ubi has the AC series.

EA cannot complain! It has tons of IP it could re-do, expand and make popular again.

But no run it into the ground right? run IP's into the ground all the time just like you always did EA. Fine do not remake some classics, and I can be fine keeping my money from you at the same time. Everyone wins right!?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 17, 2015, 03:57 ZeroPike1

Ya pretty much. It could be a 100X worse. I will take a store page and the occasional pop-up ad when I quit a game. versus having annoying banner ads on the sides of my steam window. Or worse while ingame via the Steam Overlay.

If you think about it, with the power steam can have over your game, I would be happy as it is.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2015, 11:00 ZeroPike1

Indeed, he has my well wishes.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Three Sets Dubious Record; HL3 Clue in Dota 2?
11. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode Three Sets Dubious Record; HL3 Clue in Dota 2? Oct 12, 2015, 12:12 ZeroPike1

I still want it. I liked Half Life 1, 2+episodes. But I'm not going to go crazy with hype anymore. Produce something then I might start waving the HL flag, but this hidden code stuff. Not hanging on to it anymore.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 12, 2015, 12:09 ZeroPike1

Yeah I noticed that as well. Accuracy while crouched vs anything else feels like its non-exsistent. Might as well be jet-pack head-shotting the whole game.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 10, 2015, 05:17 ZeroPike1

Acrobat Reader is one of those ancient programs that never seem to go away. I can remember when it was a "new thing" now its needed to view semi-complex documents.

And being such an Ancient time honored program, could they at least not have it so flawed that opening a .pdf file could make your system the next Botnet central?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins Oct 8, 2015, 17:11 ZeroPike1

Well I gave it a solid go. Its weirdly enjoyable and the graphics are totally lovely. Right down to your own footprints in the snow. And having played it I seen the BF BS is back in full swing. People pulling off crazy shots and snipers getting the major upper hand at times.

I even got chased by Luke Skywalker until he ran me down. And Darth Vader jumped in and saved my life from a Rebel scum.

The effects are lovely bottom line lovely. But the gameplay is a little weird, the 40man limit sucks. And lack of a server browser sucks.

Give it a go. if you can spare the download bandwidth.

440 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo