Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 431 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2015, 04:50 ZeroPike1

Creston wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 21:04:
I wonder if a single FO4 player has actually gone "Oh no, I have to find my kid!"

I just sigh when I think back to Todd Howard sitting there, talking about how you'd get to know your character BEFORE the war, so you'd feel much closer to him/her and the family, and it would resonate more, and then you start playing the game and the whole pre-war stuff is literally over in five minutes.

I think the game would have had a better emotional impact had you spent more time before the bombs fell. Almost like even going on a shopping trip or something or even a full day of "Normal" life things, getting up the next day and then it happens.

BUT in doing so, people would complain that its not fast enough and the people that hate when games are badly paced would be up in arms.

Me however? would have made much more of an impact having the in-game family. And more attachment to the world that is now gone.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2015, 11:25 ZeroPike1

Yeah I support this. Getting Swatted in the US is no joke, Cops will smash your door down put a gun in your face and force you to the ground in your own home. Not to mention US cops tendency to break your stuff cause they do not have to care.

The person getting swatted probably has to pay for repairs too, I'm sure cops do not have to repay what they break during a swat action.

This is a horrible thing and the persons responsible needs to be fully punished. Yeah you can LuLz all the way to the bank to pay the fine too!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 18, 2015, 02:20 ZeroPike1

Unsure if sarcasm'ing or not. That is the most anti-liberal thing to do. Shutting down social-websites because they could harbor terrorists is what governments like China do and last time I checked there pretty anti-liberal?  

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2015, 12:22 ZeroPike1

NY is a bit slower to make rule changes then other states. Unless the Gov. rams it through behind closed door sessions.

But this game is gambling, its no different then the top players doing nothing more then counting cards during blackjack.

Even the office/workplace pool for actual football season was gambling, but nobody reports it and nobody cares, hell even local cops get in on that. All in the name of Sports! and Gambling! hurray-somehow

News Comments > EA's "Gigantic Action" Game Plans
6. Re: EA's Nov 17, 2015, 12:13 ZeroPike1

EA is really taking that recent "we want a big game world like Ass-Creed" and running with it full force now.

They could, really make an awesome game with a good choice of there library of IP's. But I bet it will come down to a lame AssCreed clone

Wannabe's nothing but a dirty wannabe.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2015, 16:46 ZeroPike1

Not a fan of having him or many of the NPC's around as it is. They ether crowd you in a doorway, or push against you when your trying to duck back into cover. Or there sneak skill is so bad they expose themselves while your still "hidden"

I've had such a mixed bag with all the NPC's so far, going to be great when a modder re-codes them into something other then walking backpacks that ocassionally shoot there guns.

But I was on an adventure with "Danse" he was suprisingly useful in combat and helped me take down multiple deathclaw's. So they are not useless, but there not completely useful at the same time. Another thing is sometimes they have useful backstory dialog about the places you are seeing and walking through. Adds alot to the immersion.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2015, 12:30 ZeroPike1

I had to use one of the commands already, having lost Dogmeat somewhere and he would not return.

Saved me reloading an old save at least.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2015, 08:44 ZeroPike1

I find it takes long to load the Commonwealth "outdoors"map. I put it on my SSD too. I think it was the same speed for skyrim as well. And having seen it load of the 1TB Xbox One, my PC-SSD does a faster job but not by much.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 11, 2015, 17:46 ZeroPike1

Are the Chinese actually trying to keep people safe for once? strange.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Carl Sagan Nov 10, 2015, 06:14 ZeroPike1

In Sagan’s mind, as shown in a letter from August 1983, the biggest question was “how to design a home video game which would teach a great deal of astronomy in a context as exciting as most violent video games.”

Its not to hard, look at Star Trek online, or Eve, of Elite:Dangerous anything with space as a theme. Just use real data to make the planetary systems in the game and there you go.

His idea was to make a game to get people interested in Astronomy I think it can be done easily.

Also there were "violent" video games in 1983? or was Carl really good at predicting the future of things?

News Comments > Life is Strange Sequel Plans
2. Re: Life is Strange Sequel Plans Nov 8, 2015, 14:40 ZeroPike1

These are one of the games I would rather see be played by someone else rather then myself actually playing it.

I watched a few episodes of the series off one of my youtube sub's. Is ok for what it is.

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
51. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 5, 2015, 04:02 ZeroPike1

Is this why the Hype train is so massive for the game? Its just a rehashed Gamebryo engine port with new shiney's?  

News Comments > Steam Item Stores
13. Re: Steam Item Stores Nov 5, 2015, 03:57 ZeroPike1

Yeah if they added the Zombies back in it could be a game again to rival the other clones of crap. If you keep up with Jim Sterling on crappy open world survival games, and had played rust back when it first came out. The system is there for an actual complete open world zombie game. Instead of the more broken buggier messes of the other games.

Ahh well, Rust managed to do one thing good for me, I understand how crap Open world survival games are.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 2, 2015, 13:06 ZeroPike1

HP is a joke. Even back in the day there was not very much love for HP from me. Once I got a custom built PC from a local computer store I never looked back. And Carly Fiorina’s business sense to ride a sinking ship into the water to save it was brilliant. HP branding is that of an office machine at best. And in this market you can get bare-bones hardware off newegg and make your own office PC's for cheaper.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2015, 13:02 ZeroPike1

Honestly a quick vid at the beginning of a video play is good. But as said if they toss them in the middle of the video. Ohh they can go straight to hell.

If you looked at a Time Warner bill and seen how much money it costs to have there TV, Internet, and phone service you would jump ship too when the contract ran out. That system bleed me dry money wise in the US. $170 a month for my family home. and that was a "special rate" Time Warner can go to hell too.

They really need a train to hell.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches
9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches Oct 28, 2015, 10:19 ZeroPike1

I'll look into this when they make there F2P section more F2P friendly. I'm not a fan of there current limits on things. Makes it unplayable.  

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 26, 2015, 14:17 ZeroPike1

The main annoying thing with these are how long it adds to the queue's to get on a plane. One of my biggest worries when traveling was how long security would take me.

Newark, Albany International, all had massive lines. you have to remove your shoes, your cell, all your jewelry (except wedding ring) take your laptop out of its bag and have it in a separate tray. Then wait for 2 lines that converge onto a single scanner, and wait your turn. And heaven help you if somebody in a wheelchair is coming through they force them into the scanner as well which adds time.

Then once the scan is done, you have to rush to put your shoes back on, grab your things from the 1-3 totes that went through the medal detector and run to your plane depending on how late it made you.

And hope you did not forget anything and even worse hope nothing got stolen out of your wallet, as that has to stay separate too.

I get the idea behind these things, I understand the need for security, but holy crap are these things both annoying and a fear for traveling.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 10:14 ZeroPike1

Ooof George what the hell. I read the article, him and Steven however view games as a scoring thing. Like having the highest score in Pong.

I dunno, I have a sometimes equal feeling from a good movie as I do a good game. When you destroy the Reaper in ME1 I will always remember that. When the Camera pans up to see the large Jurassic Park gates opening. I will remember both as amazing moments. (For Example)

Honestly I would say I enjoyed the ME1 exp better then a movie moment. Because it feels like at least I caused this ending, or at least helped to achieve it. A movie you rely on watching and not interacting its a hands off experience and that's how it should be.

You cannot call games lacking in Plot I really see it as an interactive plot at the least. Are they literally bashing games by making a Straw-man arguement about Movies being better in some way?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 21, 2015, 08:35 ZeroPike1

It is a lame part of it. But this was a focused attack though. They specifically went after this guy and even spoofed Employee verifications to get by normal security measure's.

I do not think anything is truly secure.

BUT it is really kinda dumb he used an outside email source. I understand how its easier to use home accounts for everything work related. But you should not use it for sensitive documents.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 21, 2015, 08:29 ZeroPike1

Need anymore proof your not a Cable/Internet Customer?, your just an additional number in a % number on a report somewhere.

And below it a feel good story about Google wooing customer's. Sorry I mean future % number's on a report.

431 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo