Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 439 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale
7. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 13:56 ZeroPike1

My Wishlist page is still broken so I cannot view any games I actually wanted. But yeah these are not good this year in my opinion. I'm probably off to the G2A and Kinguin for my major game purchases. This year.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 22, 2015, 09:45 ZeroPike1

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 07:23:
Nice try.. Siberia is not in Europe.....

Nice try yourself, its still under Russian law, Which being that I live in Germany, you call Russia part of Europe. Try reading a map sometime.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Festive Surprise 2015
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Festive Surprise 2015 Dec 22, 2015, 07:26 ZeroPike1

Are all these events in GTA:V normal from when it was Console only? Or is it they do this because its popular again because its on PC?

If so that would explain why they held it back from PC for so long, Instead of just giving it to all platforms they hold it back, wait until they need money and release the PC version and keep giving it goodies enough to keep it in the news.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 22, 2015, 07:11 ZeroPike1

I get this, I think its a cool idea. I played an Arcade game that had recoiling guns that even made a loud noise while pulling the trigger.

The problem is the movement system on the gun barrel? It seems silly to me, move and shoot at the same time would be some serious concentration. Shooting now with a keyboard is easy, it feels fluid, directional's, crouch, jumping, reloading. The mouse handles aiming, ADS, grenade, shooting.

If they had like a mental connection straight into your brain to process movement controls, then the device would be amazing. But without that, its like Guitar Hero on super difficulty with other people shooting at you while you try to press the right buttons you want, levels of concentration, I feel anyway. and I suck at that.

Unless this is a consoles only thing, then I could see how it would be an amazing thing, aiming with an analog stick is garbage. Its garbage without aim-assists in game. Call me old fashioned but I still think this device would not stand up to KB+M in a professional head to head match.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2015, 07:20.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 22, 2015, 07:05 ZeroPike1

Mobile gaming product life cycle. Mobile gaming must be pretty big over there to expect a 10 year span. I dunno Mobile gaming for me is just that mobile, something to do when I'm out and waiting for something. I really would not use my phone for any serious gaming beyond that.

But for somebody who needs cheap gaming it will do instead of a PC or a console.

9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 22, 2015, 06:57 ZeroPike1

Watch as frivolous lawsuits start in Europe. Or at least tries too here. Over here this kind of nonsense is kept out of courts just because its dumb.

I get emotional distress playing BF4 and having a bad match should I get money too? Its just this kind of lame thinking. He played the game, it was his call to put in the hours he did. There is a save and quit button for when you have to do something else.

News Comments > UnderRail Released
6. Re: UnderRail Released Dec 19, 2015, 07:46 ZeroPike1

Have this game, Wife gifted it to me way back when it was in Early Access. Happy to see it improving, maybe give it more then a passive go sometime.  

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 19, 2015, 07:35 ZeroPike1

American government... lol Love the Omnibus bills.

“I’d like to get the government out of the Internet completely… I’m absolutely opposed to having the Internet considered a utility,” notes Paul in his video. “I would undo every bit of it that’s done through Executive Order and I would keep the government’s tentacles and overreach out of the Internet.”

This guy, come on it would have been great if ISP's played fair and actually put in place competition, but they did not they specifically did not attack each others territory. That is the most low life monopolistic practice I can think of. And people got so sick of it they needed help and when Rand Paul is too weak as he is to help, the FCC took over. Not perfect but its SOMETHING. Rand is a loser.

The net neutrality rules promulgated by this Administration along with the big businesses that stand to benefit are as good an example of crony capitalism as any,” says Fiorina. “Major companies such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, EBay and Netflix now have a government-conferred advantage over startups because they can afford the lobbyists and lawyers necessary to navigate the new Title II landscape. When influence trumps innovation, big entrenched companies benefit…”

Does this pile of non-sense even look at data before they just throw there opinions behind something using standard pulled out of there ass responses such as this? Ok let me spell it out for this dunce. Major companies already ruled the Internet by charging super rates and killing competition. Now you want to blame Microsoft and google? bloody google? the guys actually trying in places to offer competition? Throw them all under the blame bus. Stupid people. such bloody stupid people in US government. Makes me sick.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2015, 07:44.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2015, 11:41 ZeroPike1

In that case though, your talking about like living right underneath a broadcasting tower. Same thing with power-lines. Living closely around Transmission devices of electricity and wireless signals is not good, but that's Industrial output levels, not in-doors private use levels. And Agree parent placing the blame on something she probably did.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2015, 13:07 ZeroPike1

The wifi thing is too much. As a human your exposed to alot of things in your daily life, and a good chuck of that is not visible to the naked eye, from germs to radio waves.

Maybe the oscellation was off in some routers or something, but if your in even third world countries now, your body is getting bombarded with man made signals.

"Wi-Fi and children do not mix. Much more research needs to be done into this because I believe that Wi-Fi killed my daughter,"

There has been research done and it has shown this thing is not a thing. Or its only a super-super rare humans defect. What will you do to stop it in the modern era? Hide in a Faraday cage the remainder of your life. I'll take the killer wifi in that case >.<

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2015, 06:09 ZeroPike1

jdreyer wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 15:00:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 13:38:
I spilled Mountain dew on my keyboard once when I was younger... yeah had to get a new one then. No choice.

I guess it got too cranky and irritable from all the caffeine?

Nah totally sticky. Imagine a thin lay or glue under your keys on the board. That is what Mountain Dew can do.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2015, 13:38 ZeroPike1

I spilled Mountain dew on my keyboard once when I was younger... yeah had to get a new one then. No choice.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 13, 2015, 13:36 ZeroPike1

I dunno, I never would get Cable TV at all now. My entertainment comes off Youtube and a streaming service for TV/film watching. Also Broadcast for local news and that's free as it is. Aside from internet service, or if you HAVE to have your sports on demand in HD as it happens, having cable is kinda useless in my view.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2015, 13:34 ZeroPike1

Yeah F4 lacks alot of credibility. Having put in, comming up on 160 hours now, I find that the article is very true. Some of it does have good emotional impact, for example when you find a sealed bunker that has been closed before the war and the dead army guys inside.

Then you have alot of moments as the article mentions, the wasteland does not feel active. Ohh sure there is ALOT of NPC's and firefights and even wandering settlers, but nothing is really changing in it.

They made put in ok moments, like seeing the bank Robber corpses hanging out of a bank vaults wall. They died robbing a bank, I get it. But next to them is a raider camp and they ignored the dead couple? and the loot they had? seems unlikely.

But its Bethesda, and its fallout, combine the two and you get a world that is just out of whack as it is. The closest I can compare it to is New Vegas, the world felt like it was changed since the bombs fell. Fallout 4 feels like the bombs fell and its not been 210 years since, feels like humanity only just got back and started to setup shop again.

News Comments > DICE Starting "The Next Battlefield"
5. Re: DICE Starting Dec 13, 2015, 13:17 ZeroPike1

I think a WW2 based one would be pretty sweet again. But would probably be compartmentalized behind paywalls. But if they went into 2143 or where ever, probably going to be futuristic guns and layout like the last COD. Just forgetable weapons.  

4. Actual Internet Tax Dec 11, 2015, 07:35 ZeroPike1

Internet access tax should not be thats for sure, but what about Internet Sales tax?

The buying things off the internet "sales tax" is horrible, it was broken down by state. You had to like save the receipt from your online transaction and then file a separate paper with the state for how much they should charge you. Really dumb.

"Hey do the paperwork it takes to make us charge you extra for buying a specialty item off Amazon, cause the local stores only carry generic BS. So we need to tax you of course, so.. yeah just fill out the paper, do some math for how much we should charge you."

yeah ok. I NEVER did that.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Update Next Week
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Next Week Dec 11, 2015, 07:26 ZeroPike1

It seems so odd to me they are putting in so much effort into expanding the game now. Compared to when it came out on console ages ago. Just weird.

Well they could just improve the private play idea, Instead of being stuck in public you could run you own private friends lists in the main world, between events. But we seen how that went when they kicked the mod makers making that option a reality in the ass with a C&D.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2015, 13:30 ZeroPike1

Doom omg, first game I had to upgrade my PC for. 4MB of RAM does not cut it! that programming monster ate 8MB for it and the Windows to run.  

News Comments > Valve on Steam Trade Changes
1. Re: Valve on Steam Trade Changes Dec 10, 2015, 13:21 ZeroPike1

More annoyance's on Steam to deal with, seems like they just pile it on now. But considering my account worth and I have no where else to get my games from(generally) I will just accept it as part of life now. Like airport security checks..  

23. Re: Angela Merkel Beats Trump for Person of the Year - TIME. Dec 10, 2015, 02:55 ZeroPike1

Julio wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:26:
Julio wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:25:
Personally, Trump appeals to me more and more. He's got balls, unlike pretty much any other politician in recent memory.

You are confusing balls with populism

For me, no I'm not. Trump is saying what needs to be said, regardless of the consequences. He's got brass balls. Putin doesn't come close to Trump in testicular fortitude, but wishes he did.

I do not really get it, how can you not see what kind of knee-jerk reactionary speaking he does. It does not solve anything and only makes the US look worse. It makes the Terrorists look like Muslim Hero's now. And what ends will he go. is he really going to White-power his way in the US? This guy GIVES terrorists reasons to do what they do.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2015, 03:01.

439 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo