Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 431 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2015, 11:41 ZeroPike1

In that case though, your talking about like living right underneath a broadcasting tower. Same thing with power-lines. Living closely around Transmission devices of electricity and wireless signals is not good, but that's Industrial output levels, not in-doors private use levels. And Agree parent placing the blame on something she probably did.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2015, 13:07 ZeroPike1

The wifi thing is too much. As a human your exposed to alot of things in your daily life, and a good chuck of that is not visible to the naked eye, from germs to radio waves.

Maybe the oscellation was off in some routers or something, but if your in even third world countries now, your body is getting bombarded with man made signals.

"Wi-Fi and children do not mix. Much more research needs to be done into this because I believe that Wi-Fi killed my daughter,"

There has been research done and it has shown this thing is not a thing. Or its only a super-super rare humans defect. What will you do to stop it in the modern era? Hide in a Faraday cage the remainder of your life. I'll take the killer wifi in that case >.<

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2015, 06:09 ZeroPike1

jdreyer wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 15:00:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 13:38:
I spilled Mountain dew on my keyboard once when I was younger... yeah had to get a new one then. No choice.

I guess it got too cranky and irritable from all the caffeine?

Nah totally sticky. Imagine a thin lay or glue under your keys on the board. That is what Mountain Dew can do.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2015, 13:38 ZeroPike1

I spilled Mountain dew on my keyboard once when I was younger... yeah had to get a new one then. No choice.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 13, 2015, 13:36 ZeroPike1

I dunno, I never would get Cable TV at all now. My entertainment comes off Youtube and a streaming service for TV/film watching. Also Broadcast for local news and that's free as it is. Aside from internet service, or if you HAVE to have your sports on demand in HD as it happens, having cable is kinda useless in my view.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2015, 13:34 ZeroPike1

Yeah F4 lacks alot of credibility. Having put in, comming up on 160 hours now, I find that the article is very true. Some of it does have good emotional impact, for example when you find a sealed bunker that has been closed before the war and the dead army guys inside.

Then you have alot of moments as the article mentions, the wasteland does not feel active. Ohh sure there is ALOT of NPC's and firefights and even wandering settlers, but nothing is really changing in it.

They made put in ok moments, like seeing the bank Robber corpses hanging out of a bank vaults wall. They died robbing a bank, I get it. But next to them is a raider camp and they ignored the dead couple? and the loot they had? seems unlikely.

But its Bethesda, and its fallout, combine the two and you get a world that is just out of whack as it is. The closest I can compare it to is New Vegas, the world felt like it was changed since the bombs fell. Fallout 4 feels like the bombs fell and its not been 210 years since, feels like humanity only just got back and started to setup shop again.

News Comments > DICE Starting "The Next Battlefield"
5. Re: DICE Starting Dec 13, 2015, 13:17 ZeroPike1

I think a WW2 based one would be pretty sweet again. But would probably be compartmentalized behind paywalls. But if they went into 2143 or where ever, probably going to be futuristic guns and layout like the last COD. Just forgetable weapons.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Actual Internet Tax Dec 11, 2015, 07:35 ZeroPike1

Internet access tax should not be thats for sure, but what about Internet Sales tax?

The buying things off the internet "sales tax" is horrible, it was broken down by state. You had to like save the receipt from your online transaction and then file a separate paper with the state for how much they should charge you. Really dumb.

"Hey do the paperwork it takes to make us charge you extra for buying a specialty item off Amazon, cause the local stores only carry generic BS. So we need to tax you of course, so.. yeah just fill out the paper, do some math for how much we should charge you."

yeah ok. I NEVER did that.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Update Next Week
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Next Week Dec 11, 2015, 07:26 ZeroPike1

It seems so odd to me they are putting in so much effort into expanding the game now. Compared to when it came out on console ages ago. Just weird.

Well they could just improve the private play idea, Instead of being stuck in public you could run you own private friends lists in the main world, between events. But we seen how that went when they kicked the mod makers making that option a reality in the ass with a C&D.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2015, 13:30 ZeroPike1

Doom omg, first game I had to upgrade my PC for. 4MB of RAM does not cut it! that programming monster ate 8MB for it and the Windows to run.  

News Comments > Valve on Steam Trade Changes
1. Re: Valve on Steam Trade Changes Dec 10, 2015, 13:21 ZeroPike1

More annoyance's on Steam to deal with, seems like they just pile it on now. But considering my account worth and I have no where else to get my games from(generally) I will just accept it as part of life now. Like airport security checks..  

23. Re: Angela Merkel Beats Trump for Person of the Year - TIME. Dec 10, 2015, 02:55 ZeroPike1

Julio wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:26:
Julio wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:25:
Personally, Trump appeals to me more and more. He's got balls, unlike pretty much any other politician in recent memory.

You are confusing balls with populism

For me, no I'm not. Trump is saying what needs to be said, regardless of the consequences. He's got brass balls. Putin doesn't come close to Trump in testicular fortitude, but wishes he did.

I do not really get it, how can you not see what kind of knee-jerk reactionary speaking he does. It does not solve anything and only makes the US look worse. It makes the Terrorists look like Muslim Hero's now. And what ends will he go. is he really going to White-power his way in the US? This guy GIVES terrorists reasons to do what they do.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2015, 03:01.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2015, 12:45 ZeroPike1

Dunno what your high on. Merkel saved Greece from leaving the EU. Also Putin is a wanna be dictator who ruffles neighbors feathers to try and put Russia in a "We can dictate policy too" type of thinking.

Merkel gets TIME person of the year more then likely for her Efforts in the EU bloc, and the Migration/asylum crisis. Nothing puts you on the map more then opening your arms to what is estimated to be 1million refugees into your country. Putin, Trump, Bernie has got nothing on the lives of those 1million. For better or worse.

Putin: a Neighborhood bully at best.
Trump: Name branded for quickly becoming the most hated person on the planet.
Bernie: Might be good at home, but outside nobody knows he exists.

Sums it up for Time's vote I think

News Comments > EVE Online Updated
6. Re: EVE Online Updated Dec 8, 2015, 14:09 ZeroPike1

thecakeisalie wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 13:58:
How about they finally fix CONCORD and curb the suicide ganking and exploiting? CODE and Goonswarm were making it almost impossible for many traders to get through the "choke point" systems which, despite being major commerce routes, were barely high-sec. And why are pirates allowed in high security space without being podded by CONCORD and NPC military units again? What is the point of having high security space if it's not really high security? Why don't stations refuse docking to pirates in high security space? Why are they coddled at the expense of PVE players? EVE's dev team and admins constantly screw over their PVE player base. No wonder the game is slowly dying.

My wife sits on a Goonswarm fleet that takes care of problems. There a pretty impressive outfit and rule there sections of the EVE galaxy. The main problem and even i see it sitting here watching it. That there is no corp that stands up against the current Goonswarm alliance. Reminding you though its a PVP game, and she tells me they do not run High-sec ganking roams.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Dec 8, 2015, 01:35 ZeroPike1

Its a "Dumb-fun" game. I hop into the Xbox version of it my wife owns and screw around a bit.

If you want to throw the game a curve ball, play tactically. I get better then decent scores then. I move up in the AT-ST when I have nearby troopers. I stick with groups of others to support while on foot.

But the game actually encourages run-in-and-die Mechanics, really sucks depth wise. If this is the "Future" of shooters then I guess I'm getting to old for this shit then.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
39. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 8, 2015, 01:29 ZeroPike1

Dunno, game seemed totally stable and mostly bug free for a Majority of the game. But when I got to end game quest lines, it was starting to Hard-crash and things were becoming weird.

My wife however ran into some nasty Brotherhood bugs that I would not believe if I did not see them myself. Really need to move on from this engine Beth! Enough of this stuff.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2015, 11:54 ZeroPike1

How about a picture of my package when it arrives at Drop off, and another picture when its about to go onto the truck to be delivered to my home? That way I can see what jerk wrecked my box of stuff I bought. Ether the sender sent it that way or the USPS slammed it under a Dock plate. That would be a useful 3rd party service to keep Seller's Honest.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 5, 2015, 09:00 ZeroPike1

A new Fallout is around, they call Brian Fargo for a reaction. Do they just keep rubbing it in his face that he is doing wasteland and not Fallout anymore? Shame.

I really wished Brian had more say in Beth's use of the Fallout namesake. Would end up with better story then the really crappy Fo4 Story.

Yeah I read this myself back when it came out as well. Or at least something like it.

News Comments > Bus Simulator 16 Next Month
14. Re: Bus Simulator 16 Next Month Dec 5, 2015, 08:55 ZeroPike1

This video is awesome, oozes with actual German Transit bus use. I see the love they put into it, the people who make these sometimes pour alot of love into it to make it as good as they can.

Having been to Hamburg Germany and seeing how the drivers here operate these monster's during inner-city traffic is crazy. And I do not envy there jobs. Make a game that hardcore fewer people would ever play it.

News Comments > Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Announced
12. Re: Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Announced Dec 5, 2015, 08:47 ZeroPike1

Well this Retro-game reboot kinda missed the boat and jumped in the water to make its own way across. Not funding Reboots anymore myself.

Shaq is an old name, anyone growing up in the 90's can kinda remember he played basketball. Hey maybe this works and is fun. I always hold out hope for that

431 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo