Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 431 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 31, 2015, 03:57 ZeroPike1

For internet speed I would make some snarky comment, But having lived in that nightmare of TWC internet out in the sticks, with 1.8MB/s down I'm going to say good job, keep improving US Internet speeds. Honestly it can only go up.

About the idea that Data caps are something though... that pile of nonsense can go straight to hell!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Christmas Issues Explained
9. Re: Steam Christmas Issues Explained Dec 31, 2015, 03:51 ZeroPike1

When this happened all they had to do was even put up a Steam service is down due to technical issues message. Instead they did something scary like let word of mouth get to people, and fearing account information is being stolen.

Load up steam, store is down or acting funny. Check around with friends and websites, it goes from DDoS attack, to Header caching problem, to a hacker attack thanks to the new form of Cyber Terrorism of hacking for the lulz.

That is what actually happened that day to anybody that gives a fly about there growing expensive Steam accounts. And to somebody not wanting to share payment details to just anybody.

5-Days to get to the very bottom of what happened? ok that's fine. But day one, Soon as they knew there was something going on, there should have been at least a warning or something official. Not second hand guessing as it was off a Google search like I was doing.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 30, 2015, 16:39 ZeroPike1

Well they created this environment, still stuck in between Cable and Internet providing. One funds the other. They really could just go internet only increase speeds (UPLOADING SPEED!!) and finally spread into enemy territory and create actual competition.

But nah keep your territories, keep running peoples wallets into the ground! American business practice without any supporting laws for consumers that's the way to do it!

For Diversity: We had a program like that in my old job where managers had to go to the main office to attend a Diversify class. Meant nothing to the people they sent, as my company was just happy to keep any talent at whatever low wage they could. So they didn't care about background of the employee.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2015, 09:24 ZeroPike1

bigspender wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 21:59:
Pigeon wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 13:43:
How do they know that guy blew up the condom machine? Maybe he was framed by unstoppable gonorrhea.

most likely a "refugee" who's religious beliefs don't allow contraception.

They blew it up for fun, it was German citizens who did it as well.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Departure
1. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Departure Dec 29, 2015, 11:09 ZeroPike1

Well, says he's returning to the US. I would have to give up a job here as well. Its more then likely a personal reason he had to go back. It would take a personal reason for me to leave my new country as well.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
7. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Dec 29, 2015, 11:07 ZeroPike1

Moving to Europe my card is actually kinda worthless because it lacks a Chip. And I had to learn to use my new bank card here, really chip and pin is not hard do it 3-4 times and it becomes second nature. Its less difficult then tying your shoes! come on.  

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Dec 29, 2015, 11:00 ZeroPike1

I’ve played it since [being offered the job] mainly to get an idea of the physicality of the character.’

Fair enough, actually. Doing background research into how the Character is in game. /cheers for that at least. Shows somebody in the film will be trying.

And you cannot get deep into the main character anyways. Aside from his family heritage story line, the guy is a cardboard cut out of a game character if I ever seen one. I think its designed to let you play as "yourself" I guess. Honestly seen more depth in GTA:V's characters'.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 29, 2015, 10:48 ZeroPike1

Luckily I just flash my passport on flying so I bypass any Driver's License problem. Being from NY though is np I think.

And for Internet-Connected homes, the Moral of the story there is, Change your objects password at least once! Do not leave it on default. despite the fact its temptingly easy to just leave it.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
16. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 27, 2015, 20:20 ZeroPike1

I dunno try compiling Video's with Adobe without leaving it running for hours, that takes some monster hardware, even if its more niche then gaming.

But yeah Article is for I guess "mainstream" PC use, for like offices and crap. Where XP is still king because... reasons I guess.

Gaming is a Niche thing with it, and have to view the article in that light.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 27, 2015, 20:09 ZeroPike1

It generally works and its a good way to see what is being done in a game. Since every ones Steam has to check in with Valve every so often. You can only stay in offline so long before it wants or tries checking in, and then updates your achievements for the game. And yeah Steamspy did an example of it. I'm just giving it my example.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 -GTA:V Dec 27, 2015, 15:57 ZeroPike1

The Achievements earned for this game show some surprising numbers in my view. 83% played the first Single player mission which is required. 77% earned the first achievement of playing GTA Online (which happens soon as you make a char and start it at all). And the Single player story missions are not being played alot. People are buying this game for Multi-player mainly and single second, I think.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 25, 2015, 11:16 ZeroPike1

Driving in snow in the game is annoying, its almost realistic, having driven in snow before in real life, in trucks and a car. But its annoying as the roads are not plowed so your sliding and on ice endlessly. But grabbing a "4X4" styled vehicle seems to be better.  

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale
7. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 13:56 ZeroPike1

My Wishlist page is still broken so I cannot view any games I actually wanted. But yeah these are not good this year in my opinion. I'm probably off to the G2A and Kinguin for my major game purchases. This year.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 22, 2015, 09:45 ZeroPike1

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 07:23:
Nice try.. Siberia is not in Europe.....

Nice try yourself, its still under Russian law, Which being that I live in Germany, you call Russia part of Europe. Try reading a map sometime.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Festive Surprise 2015
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Festive Surprise 2015 Dec 22, 2015, 07:26 ZeroPike1

Are all these events in GTA:V normal from when it was Console only? Or is it they do this because its popular again because its on PC?

If so that would explain why they held it back from PC for so long, Instead of just giving it to all platforms they hold it back, wait until they need money and release the PC version and keep giving it goodies enough to keep it in the news.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 22, 2015, 07:11 ZeroPike1

I get this, I think its a cool idea. I played an Arcade game that had recoiling guns that even made a loud noise while pulling the trigger.

The problem is the movement system on the gun barrel? It seems silly to me, move and shoot at the same time would be some serious concentration. Shooting now with a keyboard is easy, it feels fluid, directional's, crouch, jumping, reloading. The mouse handles aiming, ADS, grenade, shooting.

If they had like a mental connection straight into your brain to process movement controls, then the device would be amazing. But without that, its like Guitar Hero on super difficulty with other people shooting at you while you try to press the right buttons you want, levels of concentration, I feel anyway. and I suck at that.

Unless this is a consoles only thing, then I could see how it would be an amazing thing, aiming with an analog stick is garbage. Its garbage without aim-assists in game. Call me old fashioned but I still think this device would not stand up to KB+M in a professional head to head match.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2015, 07:20.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 22, 2015, 07:05 ZeroPike1

Mobile gaming product life cycle. Mobile gaming must be pretty big over there to expect a 10 year span. I dunno Mobile gaming for me is just that mobile, something to do when I'm out and waiting for something. I really would not use my phone for any serious gaming beyond that.

But for somebody who needs cheap gaming it will do instead of a PC or a console.

9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 22, 2015, 06:57 ZeroPike1

Watch as frivolous lawsuits start in Europe. Or at least tries too here. Over here this kind of nonsense is kept out of courts just because its dumb.

I get emotional distress playing BF4 and having a bad match should I get money too? Its just this kind of lame thinking. He played the game, it was his call to put in the hours he did. There is a save and quit button for when you have to do something else.

News Comments > UnderRail Released
6. Re: UnderRail Released Dec 19, 2015, 07:46 ZeroPike1

Have this game, Wife gifted it to me way back when it was in Early Access. Happy to see it improving, maybe give it more then a passive go sometime.  

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 19, 2015, 07:35 ZeroPike1

American government... lol Love the Omnibus bills.

“I’d like to get the government out of the Internet completely… I’m absolutely opposed to having the Internet considered a utility,” notes Paul in his video. “I would undo every bit of it that’s done through Executive Order and I would keep the government’s tentacles and overreach out of the Internet.”

This guy, come on it would have been great if ISP's played fair and actually put in place competition, but they did not they specifically did not attack each others territory. That is the most low life monopolistic practice I can think of. And people got so sick of it they needed help and when Rand Paul is too weak as he is to help, the FCC took over. Not perfect but its SOMETHING. Rand is a loser.

The net neutrality rules promulgated by this Administration along with the big businesses that stand to benefit are as good an example of crony capitalism as any,” says Fiorina. “Major companies such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, EBay and Netflix now have a government-conferred advantage over startups because they can afford the lobbyists and lawyers necessary to navigate the new Title II landscape. When influence trumps innovation, big entrenched companies benefit…”

Does this pile of non-sense even look at data before they just throw there opinions behind something using standard pulled out of there ass responses such as this? Ok let me spell it out for this dunce. Major companies already ruled the Internet by charging super rates and killing competition. Now you want to blame Microsoft and google? bloody google? the guys actually trying in places to offer competition? Throw them all under the blame bus. Stupid people. such bloody stupid people in US government. Makes me sick.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2015, 07:44.

431 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo