Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 431 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 11, 2016, 13:12 ZeroPike1

Yeah desktops are where its at for performance and anyone with a gaming desktop knows a gaming laptop is just pure excess. It can have some advantages though but only in niche situations; Such as LAN parting, or not really having a desk in a home for a laptop. (my nephew had that problem for a while)

But my main use for my laptop is a way to stream videos off youtube or the Hard drive. And the TV we have now can do that standalone anyway.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 10, 2016, 05:56 ZeroPike1

The SyFy Channel, the hope of everyone to have decent quality sci-fi shows on TV. But instead turned into a weird mix of appealing to new generations with bad/uninteresting programming.  

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Jan 9, 2016, 11:15 ZeroPike1

I think its probably Trolling, or a version of it to this person. Have to laugh at just how outright goofy it is.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2016, 11:10 ZeroPike1

Really that's where the problem lies, you need a good cross section of ideals to make corporations accountable.

You cannot give them free reign, there not held accountable now for there actions and making even less regulation they would ruin everyone's wallet. On the other hand you need at least the face value of Libertarian words like "free market"

When I had to pay $180 a month for my internet every month, Libertarian ideals of free market and markets providing there own competition is about the dumbest pile of crap I could ever be told. This is the result of a free market, a free market of having my money handed to monopoly company and no way out!

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jan 8, 2016, 07:20 ZeroPike1

Well this game is heavy on Nostalgia to make it work. I loved it when I was younger as well. I thought it was the ultimate in 3D gaming accomplishment at the time.

The bad reviews seem to center on graphics and engine not working well. They probably put no effort into making it more compatible and just repackaged it for $10 and let it run off DosBox. Which is kinda of a dick move. Hate when people put no effort into there "beloved classics" and resell them off drunken Nostalgia and getting the rights, after that not a care in the world from these guys.

News Comments > Space Grunts Next Week
1. Re: Space Grunts Next Week Jan 8, 2016, 07:11 ZeroPike1

I dunno
and your mission is simple: find your way into the moon-base, and figure out what has happened. You'll have to fight your way through aliens, robots, security drones and base-systems. Find the lower levels of the moon-base, and get to the core of the problems.

I think they just gave away "what happened" Looks light as hell on Story. Another top down pixel shooter with rogue-like elements... again.

Have to see how this one set's itself apart.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Jan 7, 2016, 17:54 ZeroPike1

A Seinfeld video game, somebody will probably be getting an email soon after having that appear on a news site.

More power to fan creations, but Seinfeld the game. Its a game about nothing, apparently.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2016, 17:52 ZeroPike1

Ask any Youtuber or streamer about having music playing from a game they are playing appear. Its a moment of pure dread. Even a couple seconds of audio play and an automated system will doc your account and deploy an emergency lawyer to sue you if you do not comply.

So yeah thats how well the DMCA is working US Copyright office. This is one law that needs a complete redo from top to bottom to handle today's world.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress DLC Revealed
3. Re: Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress DLC Revealed Jan 6, 2016, 12:25 ZeroPike1

After JC2's MP mod craziness how could they still ignore MP. And even with GTA:V's MP taking off, still ignoring MP. I get that it is a single player sandbox, but MP physics+explosions sandbox works about 100% better.  

News Comments > Activision's MLG Acquisition Confirmed
2. Re: Activision's MLG Acquisition Confirmed Jan 5, 2016, 06:10 ZeroPike1

Time for some Mountain Dew and Doritos announcements to accompany a press release like this.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
49. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 5, 2016, 06:08 ZeroPike1

What a mess, I'm probably going to reload my Battlefront 2 game off my Steam and play with some bots. Still its a shame a game from that many years ago has more features then a game now, it just is ugly and old looking due to its age however.

So that's the trade off, New and shiny, with really good looking locals but shallow gameplay, or good gameplay with "now" shallow graphics. I'll take Gameplay for $100 Alex!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 5, 2016, 04:37 ZeroPike1

Of course its NYC getting it and not New York State. Would be amazing State wide, not that it would work past Saratoga anyways. After that the NY Rednecks would probably think the devices are "gov'ment mind control boxes" and pull them out of the ground with chains attached to trucks. (I'm from there, so before somebody makes a dumb comment about that... I know more about the place then you do)

But its a cool device, and really shows how NYC is not a total dump it was back in the pre-90's. More power to this idea, public charger's too very nice in an emergency if your batteries drain.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
17. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 5, 2016, 04:20 ZeroPike1

I think this line

The survey asked 1,042 Americans a number of questions regarding various civil rights, in the light of the recent terror attacks in both the US and abroad.

Sums up alot, Terrorism abroad. Americans are probably the most skittish of people on the planet. Despite the fact the news leaves out alot of terrorist attacks now. Sure the serious ones get coverage, but the smaller ones like Bomb vests, and kidnappings. Nope nothing. But the moment they get wind of it. "need to deploy troops" "Take my freedoms! take my privacy! keep me safe" Seems to be all you hear.

Out of all the survey respondents under 30, only a third supported the idea of warrantless Internet surveillance. In contrast, two-thirds of Americans over the age of 30 supported the idea.

And here is good evidence of a generational gap, between people who understand how Internet affects there modern life. And how the older set are less worried and more willing to give it up, as it played less of an important role. Alot like how the Chip&Pin system took so long to get root in the US. People there just keep alot of status quo lifestyle.

But as mentioned, its only 1,000 people and that small of a group changes answer's due to dumb luck. Maybe they hit more Scared of terrorism people that day then not. Sadly these are the polls politicians love to quote and use for new law making, so it counts.

News Comments > Minecraft Sells > 22M
9. Re: Minecraft Sells > 22M Jan 5, 2016, 04:09 ZeroPike1

I bought Minceaft back when it was just leaving Alpha. I enjoyed Vanilla, then mods, rented server's for a Steam Group as well as a private one. I have alot of fun with it when I do pick it up from time to time now.

The appeal factor now is to pickup a new mod pack and try to get to the end game with it. Or to watch others do that on Youtube. That to me makes Minecraft still tick. Vanilla, nope.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 4, 2016, 02:53 ZeroPike1

Fallout 4 comes across as a JJ Abrams style of Fallout games. If you try to forget how the REAL story and world is and try to play the game as a fresh IP, its easier to digest.

But even then those who do, see the game as some sort of Sims type of game, with getting lost in settlement building. So it might be easier to digest but still not good for anyone.

I gave the game 160 hours and 100% completion. I actually just uninstalled it 2 days ago. Until somebody does some amazing reworking of the game with the GECK, there is no point having it on my HD.

This comment was edited on Jan 4, 2016, 04:03.

News Comments > Steam Subscriber Agreement Updated
4. Re: Steam Subscriber Agreement Updated Jan 2, 2016, 16:33 ZeroPike1

The only thing they are ducking away from is more European Pro-Consumer laws. Note they said they will "with respect to RELEVANT European laws" So in other words only what they want to follow or what is court ordered after a lawsuit which is a bit harder to accomplish over here.  

News Comments > Steam Christmas Issues Explained
23. Re: Steam Christmas Issues Explained Dec 31, 2015, 18:38 ZeroPike1

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 16:16:
BitWraith wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 15:05:
Essentially this was a non-issue. People lost their shit over hashed out phone numbers and credit card numbers.

I'm sure Valve was caught off guard by the blow-back. In their eyes, nothing really happened.

+1, the usual suspects freaking out over nothing.
First world problems strike again.

In some payment cases it was shown to give out home addresses. If its such a non-issue then you would be ok posting your home address here along with your name. Not that I personally care to have it, but if its such a non-big deal then your ok with the idea so by all means go ahead.

News Comments > Steam Christmas Issues Explained
12. Re: Steam Christmas Issues Explained Dec 31, 2015, 05:21 ZeroPike1

El Pit wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 05:14:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 03:51:
When this happened all they had to do was even put up a Steam service is down due to technical issues message.

Helo, Staem is doun for mandenanse. Ve are sory ve haev sirius teknikal prolbems. Pliese iknor anny confedentail infromatoin of other usrs you cann sea hear. You're info iss saif with uss!

I assume your making fun of a person with bad English typing a fake message into Steam. Not creative and you wasted your time. Even more so the facts show it was at worse a DDoS which is not hacking. Its an annoyance tool and a system destroyer at worst, not a Hacker.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 31, 2015, 04:06 ZeroPike1

Looked fairly accurate to the video, game. Well it was filmed outside of the U.S. so he did not get instantly shot by a passing cop, while he held a movie prop.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 31, 2015, 04:01 ZeroPike1

Its a weird thing to hear how people on the Job usually play video games. On some of my MMO's I played I met Army officer's who were on the job, on base, playing and had to Alt-Tab to hide the game from the boss. At least that is what they said.

Doing it in a Job's down time I think is fine, I mean as a 911 person your job is to stare at a screen until a call comes in. Passing the time with a game I understand. But you have a Job to do there, and important one lives depend on. Put the damn game down when something happens.

431 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo