Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 440 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 06:29 ZeroPike1

Its gone up every year. It always went up. There is no such thing as a ISP/Cable prices going down until actual competition arrives.

So glad to be out of that crap. $ a month for remote leasing! Go right to hell with that bs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 18, 2016, 15:15 ZeroPike1

But whats the best knee-jerking reaction and easy way to ignore an entire situation in a semi-volatile region? play the censorship card.

China can do the same thing with the internet, its the way they control government party power. America data collects to combat terrorism, Middle East censorship to control religious speech. Russia to control politics.

Education isn't a thing really alot of "smart" folks made these policies anyways. Its just different per region, per government.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 18, 2016, 13:07 ZeroPike1

You kind of have to control the population this way. Western people probably see it as a reduction of speech. It is.

But considering how the population reacts to even the slightest mention of something in even a slight way, people end up dying from it. Control on some level must be maintained because the population in question cannot control itself, so its up to government.

The videos they will block and control are not some stupid troll in his mom's kitchen complaining about government. This is control of video's that will incite mob mentality and destabilize everyday life.

News Comments > The Ship: Remasted Next Month
4. Re: The Ship: Remasted Next Month Jan 18, 2016, 13:04 ZeroPike1

Probably putting this back on the radar's for YouTube consumption. Much like how Trouble in Terrorist Town did ok on YouTube for a while.

If on YouTube with my preferred let's players I will enjoy the laughs. But buying it again from the original base version in my steam catalog, no.

News Comments > Vivendi Sells Activision Stake
22. Re: Vivendi Sells Activision Stake Jan 17, 2016, 13:06 ZeroPike1

Vivendi today announced that it unwound the hedge on its remaining 41.5 million Activision Blizzard shares (representing 5.7% of the video game publisher’s common shares) and sold its entire position to a financial institution for net proceeds of US$1.1 billion (approximately €1 billion). The unwinding of this hedge allows Vivendi to recover a cash deposit of US$0.4 billion.

IN other words unloading there steak in the company at a 400,000 profit from when they bought it.

The decision to implement these transactions was taken in view of the evolution of the Activision Blizzard stock price.

IN other words things are not looking so good to make alot of money fast enough for them to warrent holding onto the stock.

The hedge was set up in June 2015 and covered 100% of the value of the Activision Blizzard shares, denominated in US dollars. It was accomplished using a zero-cost collar with a maximum term of 18 months.

Banker/Investment Maths lol

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)
62. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 17, 2016, 09:14 ZeroPike1

I want to have win 10, but having my wife's new PC next to me, and seeing how much trouble we are having getting the basic admin rights organized, Win10 can as a previous person put it "sod off"

Aside from that its not a bad program, but this hidden admin crap needs to be an option at the start. Not an after thought requiring you to Google a solution.

If you make and OS that requires people to Google for solutions online, you have failed at it.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 15, 2016, 07:59 ZeroPike1

I dunno, bad weather is unpredictable. When my truck did a 360 going down an icy hill in the dark during a snow storm. Computer logic is not going to stop real world physics with an automobile. I'm sorry but I just have serious doubts on extreme weather with current technology. Ice+tires+momentum= terror.

One of the worst moments I ever had driving. Good thing I had 4X4 to drive myself out of the snow bank I slammed into.

I tend to think of Driving AI as like scripted AI in a game. They have pathfinding nodes already in place, they have specific script timing so they take cover on certain objects, even go around some objects. But when there not properly programmed to respond, they will hit a non passable object and continue to try to walk through it IE: Walking in place AI.

24. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 15, 2016, 07:32 ZeroPike1

There are reasons why these area's exist in our country, and around the world. They are wildlife refuge's. I think they took this over because it was probably the most un-intrusive form of sit in protest. If they did this in a federal building or drove into town and took over the court house. FBI, ATF, State Police would be there and removing them by force in a matter of hours. They choose this and generally they come out looking super dumb.

Honestly its backwoods people doing backwoods things, and thinking like backwoods people. In otherwords the only world that they live in ends at the county line.

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions
28. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 13, 2016, 03:00 ZeroPike1

Still not sure how to feel about "Games being a subscription" thing. On the one hand right now it seems fairly cheap and reasonable. But it sets a precedent that they can charge what they want a month. Kinda like Netflix. They can change out the library at anytime and alter what you can or cannot play.

Echoes my fears of Windows 10 being a "an OS subscription" where stupid shit like paying to remove ads off solitaire come to mind.

But it also comes in as a sort of rental service, where you can rent games and not feel like you got ripped off if you disliked it. Long as the price stays in a "sane" amount. Games as a subscription could be a good thing.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 11, 2016, 13:12 ZeroPike1

Yeah desktops are where its at for performance and anyone with a gaming desktop knows a gaming laptop is just pure excess. It can have some advantages though but only in niche situations; Such as LAN parting, or not really having a desk in a home for a laptop. (my nephew had that problem for a while)

But my main use for my laptop is a way to stream videos off youtube or the Hard drive. And the TV we have now can do that standalone anyway.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 10, 2016, 05:56 ZeroPike1

The SyFy Channel, the hope of everyone to have decent quality sci-fi shows on TV. But instead turned into a weird mix of appealing to new generations with bad/uninteresting programming.  

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Jan 9, 2016, 11:15 ZeroPike1

I think its probably Trolling, or a version of it to this person. Have to laugh at just how outright goofy it is.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2016, 11:10 ZeroPike1

Really that's where the problem lies, you need a good cross section of ideals to make corporations accountable.

You cannot give them free reign, there not held accountable now for there actions and making even less regulation they would ruin everyone's wallet. On the other hand you need at least the face value of Libertarian words like "free market"

When I had to pay $180 a month for my internet every month, Libertarian ideals of free market and markets providing there own competition is about the dumbest pile of crap I could ever be told. This is the result of a free market, a free market of having my money handed to monopoly company and no way out!

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jan 8, 2016, 07:20 ZeroPike1

Well this game is heavy on Nostalgia to make it work. I loved it when I was younger as well. I thought it was the ultimate in 3D gaming accomplishment at the time.

The bad reviews seem to center on graphics and engine not working well. They probably put no effort into making it more compatible and just repackaged it for $10 and let it run off DosBox. Which is kinda of a dick move. Hate when people put no effort into there "beloved classics" and resell them off drunken Nostalgia and getting the rights, after that not a care in the world from these guys.

News Comments > Space Grunts Next Week
1. Re: Space Grunts Next Week Jan 8, 2016, 07:11 ZeroPike1

I dunno
and your mission is simple: find your way into the moon-base, and figure out what has happened. You'll have to fight your way through aliens, robots, security drones and base-systems. Find the lower levels of the moon-base, and get to the core of the problems.

I think they just gave away "what happened" Looks light as hell on Story. Another top down pixel shooter with rogue-like elements... again.

Have to see how this one set's itself apart.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Jan 7, 2016, 17:54 ZeroPike1

A Seinfeld video game, somebody will probably be getting an email soon after having that appear on a news site.

More power to fan creations, but Seinfeld the game. Its a game about nothing, apparently.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2016, 17:52 ZeroPike1

Ask any Youtuber or streamer about having music playing from a game they are playing appear. Its a moment of pure dread. Even a couple seconds of audio play and an automated system will doc your account and deploy an emergency lawyer to sue you if you do not comply.

So yeah thats how well the DMCA is working US Copyright office. This is one law that needs a complete redo from top to bottom to handle today's world.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress DLC Revealed
3. Re: Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress DLC Revealed Jan 6, 2016, 12:25 ZeroPike1

After JC2's MP mod craziness how could they still ignore MP. And even with GTA:V's MP taking off, still ignoring MP. I get that it is a single player sandbox, but MP physics+explosions sandbox works about 100% better.  

News Comments > Activision's MLG Acquisition Confirmed
2. Re: Activision's MLG Acquisition Confirmed Jan 5, 2016, 06:10 ZeroPike1

Time for some Mountain Dew and Doritos announcements to accompany a press release like this.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
49. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 5, 2016, 06:08 ZeroPike1

What a mess, I'm probably going to reload my Battlefront 2 game off my Steam and play with some bots. Still its a shame a game from that many years ago has more features then a game now, it just is ugly and old looking due to its age however.

So that's the trade off, New and shiny, with really good looking locals but shallow gameplay, or good gameplay with "now" shallow graphics. I'll take Gameplay for $100 Alex!

440 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo