Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 440 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 17, 2016, 11:51 ZeroPike1

What a unique listing of links, the FBI wants to remove privacy, the CIA warns about Emails being not safe. Like republicans, its terrible when it happens to them, but when it happens to others everyone but them should be ashamed.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted
6. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 17, 2016, 04:57 ZeroPike1

You both sound like a hate filled American's, now. one of those "they took our jobs" kind of people. "They speak differently" "they wear some clothes differently". As long as they are obeying German laws what are they doing wrong so much? Its safe to assume most of them do not want to be here to begin with, but for one reason or another they make it to Germany.

BTW you can thank "those people" for bringing you Doner at all in Germany. It was the same way 10 years ago with people in a Doner store speaking Arabic whats the problem now?

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2016, 05:11.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 15, 2016, 20:59 ZeroPike1

They are not going to stop until there legally allowed to come to your house with a gun and take enough of your things in order to pay the $150,000 per copy-right infringement they claim you made.

Accused terrorists have more options in court then a Copy-right infringement defendant it seems.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2016, 14:57 ZeroPike1

I read the bit above where he threw his voice behind video game sales. But aside from that I will not miss that person on the US supreme court. He was a dinosaur from the past and was well over due to be removed from that position.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Feb 12, 2016, 14:51 ZeroPike1

I dunno, I view the idea of taking gaming to a sports level the same as how Chess is an international sport. If your into it cool, if not, it really does not affect you that much. Except your playing Chess for fun and get stomped by a Multi-boxing, 200K clicks per min, live streaming to fans player, destroying unorganized players for the "lulz". Modern gaming everyone.  

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy
25. Re: Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy Feb 12, 2016, 14:26 ZeroPike1

Xbox players should be Unhappy, there getting yet another cover based shooter with the only hook being a time pausing mechanic, that is in the Indy PC game SUPERHOT. They should be more unhappy with that instead of hardware specs. Somebody should really count how many cover behind boxes games there are in the world.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2016, 09:36 ZeroPike1

That is a thing, other countries can easily bypass the US laws of encryption. Where privacy is more of a public concern they can just forget the US laws and laugh at it, which it deserves.

And for the gamersgate article/emo-post link. Omg wall of text headache inbound. Not worth my time to read more then the opening paragraph.

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 10, 2016, 17:53 ZeroPike1

Yeah pretty much, deregulation and free market tactics where your only morality is "how much money can I make for my shareholder's" made this guy and lets more guys be like him.

You can single him out as a problem, but you have to realize the environment for this guy to even exist is still 100% there and will only make more.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 10, 2016, 17:50 ZeroPike1

Julio wrote on Feb 9, 2016, 18:32:
Add 4K to the upcoming list of failures after VR flops.

Have you even seen 4K? Run GTA:V in 4K? I have, I've run everything I could on 4K and its amazing. I fully expect 4K to be a legit future. If so inclined, go to a store and look at working 4K screens, you will go back to your home and see your non-4K screen and wonder why you do not have a 4K already.

VR I want to exist but outside of a Star Trek Holodeck experience I'm going to have doubts.

News Comments > Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition
25. Re: XCOM... Feb 7, 2016, 19:29 ZeroPike1

Ant wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 16:05:
Wow, XCOM is that popular? I couldn't get into the original DOS versions. I wonder if I will like the newer games. Are there playable demos of any of the newer XCOM games?

Actually yes, yes there is a demo off Steam for the X-com I enjoy, http://store.steampowered.com/app/200510/

I hated the original games myself, I wanted to like them, but they were pretty difficult. The new Xcom: Enemy Unknown is alot more forgiving and easier to access, I feel. I enjoyed it enough to play through the game complete, twice.

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 3, 2016, 04:12 ZeroPike1

Hurray for living in Europe. It has its faults of course, but at least its not living under the ruling class of corporate overlords.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2016, 05:53 ZeroPike1

Hurray, real reporting from Kotaku. Color me impressed. They keep this up I might visit there site daily again.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 25, 2016, 11:56 ZeroPike1

Well, Virgin, your telecom buddies are super happy with not having any laws apply to them if they can help it. I dunno alot like the Pot calling the kettle black, as they say.  

16. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 07:19 ZeroPike1

InBlack wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 07:01:

Yes barbarian democracies and freedom of speech are wishful thinking, clearly the State knows best and should have the last word on the interpretation of any such concepts. Kamarad ZeroPike1 you have fully grasped the concept of one Volk, one State, one Fuhrer. I applaud you. Sieg Heil!

Are you living on the same planet as the rest of us? Humans are humans, and without government to submit laws to the people and the people respect those laws, you wind up with crap like Somali pirate life. Where your freedom of speech means nothing to the guy holding the gun to your head demanding your life in return for something.

Or you have something to actually add or just being trolling trash in this topic?

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 07:14 ZeroPike1

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 03:10:

The difference is nobody visiting those places you linked would (i hope) hack their hand off because they (teenager) thought they blasphemed, then take that hand and present it to their preacher and finally being praised for it by the parents (just happened in Pakistan, even in the news ~.~)

I mean, I agree not everything is rosy here in the western world, but at least nobody here thinks THAT is sane.

Cutter was imo just confusing things, education is fixing stupid. That's proven time and time again throughout history even (Ancient Rome). Education is not fixing crazy or insanity.

Thats pretty much my reasoning behind saying that there needs to be controls in place to try to prevent things like that. Censoring video's but yet allowing them to happen at all is a good start. It will take a long time to alter what is happening there, to begin to come to western idea's of free speech. Have to start somewhere and this would be it I think.

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 06:53 ZeroPike1

delete please, i misclicked  

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 06:53 ZeroPike1

delete please, i misclicked  

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 06:52 ZeroPike1

InBlack wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 02:49:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 13:07:
You kind of have to control the population this way. Western people probably see it as a reduction of speech. It is.

But considering how the population reacts to even the slightest mention of something in even a slight way, people end up dying from it. Control on some level must be maintained because the population in question cannot control itself, so its up to government.

The videos they will block and control are not some stupid troll in his mom's kitchen complaining about government. This is control of video's that will incite mob mentality and destabilize everyday life.

I think you would be an ideal candidate for a position in the Gestapo. You've got what it takes mein Herr.

So when somebody accuses you of burning a religious text, and they find where you live. The angry mob comes to your home. Your going to sit there and say to them, "I'm glad the government did not help control you or the source of the claim. And you came to my home to kill me for something I did not do. I applaud your freedoms!" And then you get stoned.

Its civilization 101, Control. On some level for everybody. I'm just putting it bluntly, openly and honestly in my original text. Least I'm honest with it and not living in a fantasy freedom land.

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2016, 06:59.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 19, 2016, 06:45 ZeroPike1

If you look at the far cry 4 engine, really you only need to retexture the game, alter some mechanics and new VO, art work. Slap on a new title and release a Far Cry sequel.

I played ARK for a while. That was enough cave man like life for my tastes, for a long time. I sense this game is merely following it.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 19, 2016, 06:39 ZeroPike1

I imagine the person cutting the cables, walks in with a Guy Fawkes mask, wire cutters. Sneaks around and hits just the right cables to insure chaos.

Cable companies are crazy as it is, with endless rate hikes and un-competetion with each other. I honestly would only be mad at the person doing it, if he broke my connection to the internet. Otherwise good on ya for underground fighting the man!

440 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo