Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 431 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition
25. Re: XCOM... Feb 7, 2016, 19:29 ZeroPike1

Ant wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 16:05:
Wow, XCOM is that popular? I couldn't get into the original DOS versions. I wonder if I will like the newer games. Are there playable demos of any of the newer XCOM games?

Actually yes, yes there is a demo off Steam for the X-com I enjoy, http://store.steampowered.com/app/200510/

I hated the original games myself, I wanted to like them, but they were pretty difficult. The new Xcom: Enemy Unknown is alot more forgiving and easier to access, I feel. I enjoyed it enough to play through the game complete, twice.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 3, 2016, 04:12 ZeroPike1

Hurray for living in Europe. It has its faults of course, but at least its not living under the ruling class of corporate overlords.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2016, 05:53 ZeroPike1

Hurray, real reporting from Kotaku. Color me impressed. They keep this up I might visit there site daily again.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 25, 2016, 11:56 ZeroPike1

Well, Virgin, your telecom buddies are super happy with not having any laws apply to them if they can help it. I dunno alot like the Pot calling the kettle black, as they say.  

16. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 07:19 ZeroPike1

InBlack wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 07:01:

Yes barbarian democracies and freedom of speech are wishful thinking, clearly the State knows best and should have the last word on the interpretation of any such concepts. Kamarad ZeroPike1 you have fully grasped the concept of one Volk, one State, one Fuhrer. I applaud you. Sieg Heil!

Are you living on the same planet as the rest of us? Humans are humans, and without government to submit laws to the people and the people respect those laws, you wind up with crap like Somali pirate life. Where your freedom of speech means nothing to the guy holding the gun to your head demanding your life in return for something.

Or you have something to actually add or just being trolling trash in this topic?

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 07:14 ZeroPike1

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 03:10:

The difference is nobody visiting those places you linked would (i hope) hack their hand off because they (teenager) thought they blasphemed, then take that hand and present it to their preacher and finally being praised for it by the parents (just happened in Pakistan, even in the news ~.~)

I mean, I agree not everything is rosy here in the western world, but at least nobody here thinks THAT is sane.

Cutter was imo just confusing things, education is fixing stupid. That's proven time and time again throughout history even (Ancient Rome). Education is not fixing crazy or insanity.

Thats pretty much my reasoning behind saying that there needs to be controls in place to try to prevent things like that. Censoring video's but yet allowing them to happen at all is a good start. It will take a long time to alter what is happening there, to begin to come to western idea's of free speech. Have to start somewhere and this would be it I think.

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 06:53 ZeroPike1

delete please, i misclicked  

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 06:53 ZeroPike1

delete please, i misclicked  

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 06:52 ZeroPike1

InBlack wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 02:49:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 13:07:
You kind of have to control the population this way. Western people probably see it as a reduction of speech. It is.

But considering how the population reacts to even the slightest mention of something in even a slight way, people end up dying from it. Control on some level must be maintained because the population in question cannot control itself, so its up to government.

The videos they will block and control are not some stupid troll in his mom's kitchen complaining about government. This is control of video's that will incite mob mentality and destabilize everyday life.

I think you would be an ideal candidate for a position in the Gestapo. You've got what it takes mein Herr.

So when somebody accuses you of burning a religious text, and they find where you live. The angry mob comes to your home. Your going to sit there and say to them, "I'm glad the government did not help control you or the source of the claim. And you came to my home to kill me for something I did not do. I applaud your freedoms!" And then you get stoned.

Its civilization 101, Control. On some level for everybody. I'm just putting it bluntly, openly and honestly in my original text. Least I'm honest with it and not living in a fantasy freedom land.

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2016, 06:59.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 19, 2016, 06:45 ZeroPike1

If you look at the far cry 4 engine, really you only need to retexture the game, alter some mechanics and new VO, art work. Slap on a new title and release a Far Cry sequel.

I played ARK for a while. That was enough cave man like life for my tastes, for a long time. I sense this game is merely following it.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 19, 2016, 06:39 ZeroPike1

I imagine the person cutting the cables, walks in with a Guy Fawkes mask, wire cutters. Sneaks around and hits just the right cables to insure chaos.

Cable companies are crazy as it is, with endless rate hikes and un-competetion with each other. I honestly would only be mad at the person doing it, if he broke my connection to the internet. Otherwise good on ya for underground fighting the man!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 06:29 ZeroPike1

Its gone up every year. It always went up. There is no such thing as a ISP/Cable prices going down until actual competition arrives.

So glad to be out of that crap. $ a month for remote leasing! Go right to hell with that bs.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 18, 2016, 15:15 ZeroPike1

But whats the best knee-jerking reaction and easy way to ignore an entire situation in a semi-volatile region? play the censorship card.

China can do the same thing with the internet, its the way they control government party power. America data collects to combat terrorism, Middle East censorship to control religious speech. Russia to control politics.

Education isn't a thing really alot of "smart" folks made these policies anyways. Its just different per region, per government.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 18, 2016, 13:07 ZeroPike1

You kind of have to control the population this way. Western people probably see it as a reduction of speech. It is.

But considering how the population reacts to even the slightest mention of something in even a slight way, people end up dying from it. Control on some level must be maintained because the population in question cannot control itself, so its up to government.

The videos they will block and control are not some stupid troll in his mom's kitchen complaining about government. This is control of video's that will incite mob mentality and destabilize everyday life.

News Comments > The Ship: Remasted Next Month
4. Re: The Ship: Remasted Next Month Jan 18, 2016, 13:04 ZeroPike1

Probably putting this back on the radar's for YouTube consumption. Much like how Trouble in Terrorist Town did ok on YouTube for a while.

If on YouTube with my preferred let's players I will enjoy the laughs. But buying it again from the original base version in my steam catalog, no.

News Comments > Vivendi Sells Activision Stake
22. Re: Vivendi Sells Activision Stake Jan 17, 2016, 13:06 ZeroPike1

Vivendi today announced that it unwound the hedge on its remaining 41.5 million Activision Blizzard shares (representing 5.7% of the video game publisher’s common shares) and sold its entire position to a financial institution for net proceeds of US$1.1 billion (approximately €1 billion). The unwinding of this hedge allows Vivendi to recover a cash deposit of US$0.4 billion.

IN other words unloading there steak in the company at a 400,000 profit from when they bought it.

The decision to implement these transactions was taken in view of the evolution of the Activision Blizzard stock price.

IN other words things are not looking so good to make alot of money fast enough for them to warrent holding onto the stock.

The hedge was set up in June 2015 and covered 100% of the value of the Activision Blizzard shares, denominated in US dollars. It was accomplished using a zero-cost collar with a maximum term of 18 months.

Banker/Investment Maths lol

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)
62. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 17, 2016, 09:14 ZeroPike1

I want to have win 10, but having my wife's new PC next to me, and seeing how much trouble we are having getting the basic admin rights organized, Win10 can as a previous person put it "sod off"

Aside from that its not a bad program, but this hidden admin crap needs to be an option at the start. Not an after thought requiring you to Google a solution.

If you make and OS that requires people to Google for solutions online, you have failed at it.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 15, 2016, 07:59 ZeroPike1

I dunno, bad weather is unpredictable. When my truck did a 360 going down an icy hill in the dark during a snow storm. Computer logic is not going to stop real world physics with an automobile. I'm sorry but I just have serious doubts on extreme weather with current technology. Ice+tires+momentum= terror.

One of the worst moments I ever had driving. Good thing I had 4X4 to drive myself out of the snow bank I slammed into.

I tend to think of Driving AI as like scripted AI in a game. They have pathfinding nodes already in place, they have specific script timing so they take cover on certain objects, even go around some objects. But when there not properly programmed to respond, they will hit a non passable object and continue to try to walk through it IE: Walking in place AI.

24. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 15, 2016, 07:32 ZeroPike1

There are reasons why these area's exist in our country, and around the world. They are wildlife refuge's. I think they took this over because it was probably the most un-intrusive form of sit in protest. If they did this in a federal building or drove into town and took over the court house. FBI, ATF, State Police would be there and removing them by force in a matter of hours. They choose this and generally they come out looking super dumb.

Honestly its backwoods people doing backwoods things, and thinking like backwoods people. In otherwords the only world that they live in ends at the county line.

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions
28. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 13, 2016, 03:00 ZeroPike1

Still not sure how to feel about "Games being a subscription" thing. On the one hand right now it seems fairly cheap and reasonable. But it sets a precedent that they can charge what they want a month. Kinda like Netflix. They can change out the library at anytime and alter what you can or cannot play.

Echoes my fears of Windows 10 being a "an OS subscription" where stupid shit like paying to remove ads off solitaire come to mind.

But it also comes in as a sort of rental service, where you can rent games and not feel like you got ripped off if you disliked it. Long as the price stays in a "sane" amount. Games as a subscription could be a good thing.

431 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo