Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 431 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin
29. Re: Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin Jan 6, 2017, 07:47 ZeroPike1

Slick wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 06:07:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 05:49:
Getting Mass Effect 2 for free awesome. Convincing the old hold outs that Origin is not equal to selling your PC's soul to the advertising devil? A much harder battle.

Not to mention Origin is alot less useful as Steam, as it is only an EA platform. Annoying? yes. Dumb yes? No different then Steam ultimately. And more useful then Ubi's launcher as EA has a wider range of games.

And the DLC, only a couple are worth anything, the rest is generally useless trash.

define "useful".

Between Steam and Origin, they both have a built-in browser (who the fuck cares), they both can stream directly to popular streaming services (any real streamer will be using OBS or xsplit), and an integrated VOIP service (any gamer worth their salt is using discord).

The only thing I can think of is that the steam product pages link to their own forums "discussions" that's actually useful. But that's about it. I don't think it warrants the larger memory footprint, but in all honesty, who the fuck ares about that anyways, we're talking the difference of like 100 to 150 megs of ram. I'm pretty sure this one tab of BluesNews in chrome is taking up about that much.

It's just a storefront. You get BigMacs from the McDonalds store, not from Burger King. Just like you buy EA games from Origin, not Steam. This isn't revolutionary thinking. Just because Steam is the WalMart of the online game stores, doesn't mean that every developer should publish their games in WalMart cause you're too lazy to "walk" (read: click a different icon) to a different store in the mall.

I suppose its objective. Based on a person's Library location. Sitting on 300+ games on steam and sitting in some community pages, friends lists. Origins' I have my EA games and Steam friends' extensions. And my Ubi launcher I have Ubi games, and have not ran it in 6+ months and forgot my password.

So I see more use out of Steam then I would the others.

There is no logical reason to stay away from Origin. If you grab a deal and its cheaper through Origin. Grab it.

Of course bringing logic to some knuckleheads is like trying to get a flower to check your taxes. Why bother.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin Jan 6, 2017, 07:39 ZeroPike1

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 06:04:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 05:49:
Not to mention Origin is alot less useful as Steam, as it is only an EA platform. Annoying? yes. Dumb yes?

What's dumb and annoying is when people keep spreading these lies. Origin has a lot of games from many different publishers.

Ohh yeah found them after scrolling through every EA title on the market until I found where they had buried them at the bottom of the store. Which was dumb and annoying to scroll through. So thank god people like you are scrolling to the bottom of lists that nobody else bothers too.

24. Re: Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin Jan 6, 2017, 05:49 ZeroPike1

Getting Mass Effect 2 for free awesome. Convincing the old hold outs that Origin is not equal to selling your PC's soul to the advertising devil? A much harder battle.

Not to mention Origin is alot less useful as Steam, as it is only an EA platform. Annoying? yes. Dumb yes? No different then Steam ultimately. And more useful then Ubi's launcher as EA has a wider range of games.

And the DLC, only a couple are worth anything, the rest is generally useless trash.

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
26. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 5, 2017, 13:17 ZeroPike1

This idea relies on a stable, relatively good speed internet connection in order to toss game data to your device of choice.

I have lived off Time Warner cable internet enough to know that when my connection always reset itself every hour. This idea would make me royally upset.

As Cutter mentioned Data usage is also a problem. What happens when you blow past a cap. And with how slow US internet speeds can be this whole program is a joke.

If ATi would manage to produce a good card I would happily dump this brand of card for it. Not happy with NVIDIA anymore at all.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 4, 2017, 03:46 ZeroPike1

Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 13:00:
WebSoldier wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 12:52:
Trump will make coal cheap again without all the Obama regulations

Barring the fact that Trump has no power to "make coal cheap again", I agree that he can undo some/most of the EPA regulations against coal. Yay? Apparently some people don't like clean air?

Look, I understand that for the people who work in the coal industry, who have worked in it their whole lives, and who are third/fourth generation coal miners, the whole "coal must die" movement is fucking bullshit. Being told by people in other parts of the country that you are no longer allowed to work or support your family is ridiculous.

On the flipside, coal is fucking TERRIBLE for the environment. Gradually phasing it out for better and cleaner methods of generating power is good for everyone, including the self-same children of said coal miners.

I will concur with your assessment of solar. It's fine when it works, but it's terribly finicky equipment, and the odds of it actually lasting 10 years until you make your money back is pretty low. I talked with a supplier here in Oklahoma, and he gave me the whole "you'll make it back in ten years easy! We get so much sun!" spiel. And then I asked him about the terrible hail storms we get here, and how much damage I could expect on my panels, and whether that was covered. No, that's not covered. And the amount of damage "Oh, not much. Maybe a panel here or there will break."

Uh-huh. We get hail storms that ruin people's roofs, and it won't do much damage to a solar installation? My ass.

ZeroPike1 wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 04:15:
Who are still mining coal in Kentucky or whatever backwoods, hickville, one working toilet town somewhere.

Let's hope they never come for YOUR job that puts food on the table for YOUR family, hmm? Btw, the coal industry has massively more people working in it than 3000, and it's all in areas where there's literally nothing else available. Visit West Virginia sometime. It's real easy for you to say that everybody there should just... I dunno, starve?

You answered your own question, This is a dirty industry and proven fact its ruining the planet. This can be looked at like the anti whaling laws of old times. The industry is done, its time to move on. You cannot keep hunting whales cause pappa Joe needs a job making whale oil lamps. Its fucking stupid.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Jan 3, 2017, 04:21 ZeroPike1

Wonder how they found the footage and thought it was good for the segment? Somebody who liked Fallout? somebody who watched somebody hacking in Fallout?

Or did they just Google search YouTube and look for any acceptable animation/graphic for hacking that looks semi Generic? I Think that is more likely.

If the US goes to war with China will they steal more footage and graphics and sound bites from Fallout as well? haha

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 3, 2017, 04:15 ZeroPike1

Its ok, they will get there own version of Trump who will build a wall and keep the Robots out and away from taking jobs. Duh! Make Japan Great again!

And Coal is done, its been done. The only people still supporting coal on a business level scale are the idiots who want to champion the 3000 or so workers. Who are still mining coal in Kentucky or whatever backwoods, hickville, one working toilet town somewhere.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 3, 2017, 04:06 ZeroPike1

Cutter wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 14:04:
Last October, one of Trump’s FCC transition team members, former Sprint regulatory policy manager Mark Jamison, wrote an essay arguing that the FCC should be stripped of almost its authority other than managing radio spectrum licenses. “Most of the original motivations for having an FCC have gone away,” Jamison wrote. “Telecommunications network providers and ISPs are rarely, if ever, monopolies. If there are instances where there are monopolies, it would seem overkill to have an entire federal agency dedicated to ex ante regulation of their services.”

Why does media never call these guys on their bullshit? So he either honestly believes this in which case he's woefully incompetent or he's lying through his teeth and he knows it. They should be hounding people who do this and saying 'Put up or shut up.' Let's see the evidence of that because we have fucking heaps of evidence that it's precisely the opposite of your claim and you fucking know it, you fucking souless money-grubbing shill.

Cause people do not care even when they did/do cover it. I was reading about that over at Ars' back when they were talking about what Trump would do to the FCC after he was elected. This election cycle showed people do not care. Post Factual world, including Internet access. They do not care, they just fed into the lies and think life will be super and everyone will get raises and two cars in the driveway and all that stupid American Optimism Bullshit will come true.

They do not want to hear that its impossible or being actively destroyed. They voted for an empty promises man. He will of course handle all things well cause he is white and old and runs a business. Otherwise they do not care and they do not want to hear or believe anything else.

What did the conservatives used to say about Liberals like me, we would drink the Kool-aid? Well boy how they not only drank the Kool-aid this round they went and made themselves another batch to keep drinking.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 10, 2016, 14:56 ZeroPike1

Millions of Illegals voted with no actual proof. He says yes and thinks it 100%?

Intelligence agencies have report's saying Russia was up to something at the very least.. Ohh wait a min that is just a lie?

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 24, 2016, 13:15 ZeroPike1

That has been the trick. Leaving it to the states is not working. As National ISP's buy up whatever state level lawmaker's they can.

Hence the state level restrictions on Muni's.

So people rely on the Government to step in and try to support competition. And under a freaking Democratic President, and a Democratic FCC. They could barely get anywhere.

And some of you think the Red side is going to fix this stuff? You do live in the same world the rest of us do right? You are seeing the same stuff? Why in the world would they open up ISP's on the state level? There is no incentive, they get more funding from Monopolies to there campaigns more then any startup ISP ever can.

Whatever you are smoking to think free market makes life better, pass it around so the rest of us can be as oblivious as you.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
34. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 24, 2016, 09:30 ZeroPike1

jdreyer wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 03:30:
since they can take home dollars and they're worth 10x as much back home.

Not so much anymore. Certain currancy's, yeah 100%, but certainly not all. But I get your point.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
17. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 13, 2016, 01:41 ZeroPike1

Well Hillary was just a bi-product for us. Hillary would be keeping people like Tom Wheeler in office. Keeping smart people in the right places for science funding, health care, and so on.

Hillary Herself, was by far not exactly what we wanted. But the administration even if possibly crony's would be far safer bet then what Trump has done for his Cabinet.

Like Pence, and bloody Rudy Guiliani... Rudy? F-that guy, he lost his marbles when 9/11 happened. And now last I read Trump wants him in some actual Government position again. Fuck me.

TPP last I was aware Hillary was against as well. Might still be on the table now? sure. But with NAFTA gone, Jobs do not magically appear. As mentioned before, here, China is lol'ing around it with all of the tricks they can use. How Trump will replace or whatever new deals if at all come from a Post NAFTA. Both Mexico and Canada can expect a shake-up. For better or worse.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 9, 2016, 16:23 ZeroPike1

After spending real time and money filing to immigrate my wife over under the way we were married. I found the US immigration is one of the worst places to try to get into. Unless your heavily into a company that will sponsor you for a H1 Visa. I think they are called, its been a while.

And when they do that the company has to reapply every year or so. And that is before Lump puts new anti-immigration policies in place.

But yeah if you come from a total dump of a country you can asylum... again until Lump gets his laws in order.

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 2, 2016, 00:42 ZeroPike1

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 11:39:
My ISP contract price is the same for.. 11 years now Although shit speeds

You are from Germany or Europe at the least if I remember right. I get it, its fun to LOL at American Internet from this side of the ocean. Honestly I'm terrified that kind of crap spreads over here eventually. I'm told that it is here, but they usually scam people who do not switch provider's. At least there is better competition here then in the US.

In my home state you had 4 options, Cable internet for $60+, ancient DSL lines(128KBps down) for $30, or cell phone internet and 56K dial-up.

When I moved over here, I was stuck at the same speeds I had back home off cable. But for so much cheaper it sounded just fine. Then moving onto super cheap, super fast, Muni-Broadband tells me to never look back. But I still dread if the same pro-company crap ends up here.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2016, 00:48.

News Comments > Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory Announced
1. Re: Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory Announced Nov 2, 2016, 00:33 ZeroPike1

Not so sure what this adds on top of anything you can already get in a mod. Maybe the combat changes and such. Or the continuous National Focuses. An autonomy system might be something. It might lay good ground work for improved mods as well.

But still some of this looks like it should be patched in and not sold as a exp pack. But it is paradox, so the games they sell are generally parted out to begin with. Looking at you Cities: Skylines...

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 26, 2016, 13:42 ZeroPike1

So like alot of Google idea's and programs. Like Google+ and everything else they take, expand, run with. They find the numbers are not great so they make little nudges like this to shut down expansion, or start to spin it off into nothingness.

Seriously, Google, is like a teen with ADHD. Just doing amazing things for a while, getting bored of it and then trying something new. Not the best way to run an ISP in the long term. Super crappy they are the main thing keeping ISP's even remotely trying to improve there services in the US.

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 7, 2016, 18:58 ZeroPike1

Really more interested in that crappy Data-cap limit. 1TB can be blown in a month pretty quick. If you say buy an Xbox and download your games library... We filled up our 500GB drive in the span of two days. And that's not counting what we do on the PC or Youtube Streaming for the entire month. 1TB is not alot. Horrifically low.

But whatever they rationalize it under fairness, what about our fairness to choose provider's? Ohh right does not matter to them.

And to Anon, whatever they do is a double edged sword to a US citizen. One, they breach government security. And thus look nothing but bank robbers or scary thieves. Two, they can nab stupid shit like TPP agreements or the like. The American public will ether shake there heads and do nothing, or support it based on whoever made the agreement's to begin with. Hell, there is still a section of the US populous that would welcome Slavery back even. You CANNOT get the entire populous.

The way Anon works not it will not rally much of American populous, it will at most rally people against them unless its planned out properly over something more then 80% of the population believes in. That's why they can do sword waving at ISIS and other well ment but useless wars they fight. And get some level of passive support.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 29, 2016, 09:27 ZeroPike1

Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 22:04:
Good for Amazon. I hate UPS with a passion. If that's my only choice for shipping for an online order I'll forgo the order instead. Point in fact, whenever I have to ask a US company about their shipping options I'll tell them that explicitly up front.

I feel you on that. When I immigrated to Germany and had to try to find a way to send my stuff over. I went to UPS. For one box of collectable gaming crap I wanted to send myself. They wanted $400 and a stack of declaration papers filled out. I know alot of it was due to German laws, but F-me $400 for a single box.

We use USPS to send myself somethings, its still a bit pricey even for snail shipping. Bloody sucks.

Living here we have to deal with stricter import laws, even if you just give it the "Gift" claim, there is a chance it gets stopped and they demand you pay taxes on whatever you are being sent.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 21, 2016, 11:53 ZeroPike1

If you ever thought only stupid rich people can be only from the U.S.? Here is your proof otherwise.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 17, 2016, 08:46 ZeroPike1

Why do hacker's hack. Well they have a flow chart showing some of the more positive answer's.

But I think it needs expanding. Such as hacker's hacking to be a dick to others, holding grudges against society or some one. God complex's. Daddy did not love them or Mommy ran away. Its the same crap spoiled teens use to try to defend themselves.

But as the article shows there are "good" hacker's. People who help keep companies from making my account info easier to get. So Its not all bad. But forgive me for having a pessimistic feeling, next time I have to reset a password cause a website was hacked.

431 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo